New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld Merchandise Ideas

I don't think that I've mentioned this here yet. COMIXTALK has an interesting article, Abandoning Micropayments by Joel Fagin, that discusses some of the tools, techniques and benefits of selling a downloadable collection of larger, higher-quality pages.

Oddly, that article doesn't mention Goblins. I think that The Book One Package was the first webcomic collection that I ever bought, back in May 2006. Between the low price, easy gratification -- downloading 86.3 MB isn't literally instant but it was close enough -- and a bunch of extras (including a nine-page bonus comic), it was much easier for me to pull the trigger on that purchase than on print collections...even Amazon-discounted ones.

I have an agenda. I'd been assuming that I'd prefer a print collection. I just realized that I might rather have bigger, higher-quality source material for my remixes. Someone else might rather have a bigger, higher-quality copy than the web version to keep for re-reading at a lower price than a print collection. You might rather like the economics of the distribution model. I don't know but I figured that I'd throw the idea out there since it's still not very common.
    Last edited by Scientivore; 2007-07-26 at 09:48 PM. Reason: redundant word
    My avatar is a remix that I made of Prince Ansom. Resource credit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Snag some Erfworld avatars and backgrounds, make some lolerfs and motivators (or demotivators), read my Erfworld fanmix, or check out my latest spotlight on an under-discussed webcomic: Head Trip (Scilight #13)!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Plushie dragon/ gwiffon, ftw.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MysticTheurge View Post
    ...who would pay good money for a "Charlie's Archons" T-Shirt?

Expand that last shot from page 69 to be full-body, on a nice light blue shirt. It'd be genius.

Or maybe even, put them in the pose, small on the front and give full panels to the three attacks on the back.

Yes, I think it's just begging for a T-Shirt.
    Posted here from another thread, and seconded.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lightbulb Re: Erfworld Merchandise Ideas

I really really would love one of those dwagon plushies... especially if it was munching on the head of a gwiffin (so just the body stuck out). Maybe have the gwiffin body pullable... on a retracting cord... and as the cord rolled back 2 things would happen:

1. The dwagon would vibrate (you've maybe seen children's pullable toys that do this "wiggle")
    2. It would make Dwagon munching sounds (oh the humanity!)

Mmmm... toasty.

On a personal note... my 2 Erfworld shirts arrived today: "Plot!" and "Universal Goblin Solidarity" (Go Gobwins!).
    Muhahahahaha! More black shirts for kitty-hair sacrifice!

Erm... *cough* You can find yours at the Erfworld Virtual Con Booth - http://saratrice.com/erfshirts/

Enjoy!

Sincerely, Chocowatte

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have to stick my oar.. or is it two cents?... anyway. I think shirts that say boop would be VERY funny. buttons of boopness. :D
    ~Morchaint
    Eat dessert first, Life is Uncertain.
    Eat Chocolate and ask questions later.
    I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!

Official Bloodsplatterer of the Cult of Belkar
    That which does not kill you was simply not permitted to do so for the purposes of the plot.

I had images. and I thought I had spoilers
    guess they went away.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Halfling in the Playground

I would like to see ...

... a copy of Parson's tabletop game.
    Feel the power of darkness.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157

I've got one: a collectable/trading card game.
    Last edited by Justyn; 2007-09-21 at 05:26 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm pretty much just going to state my support for some ideas that have already been stated.

I think all of these would be awesome...
    -"I'm a tool!" shirt with picture.
    -Erfworld game. I was actually thinking while reading the comic "man..this game would be awesome.."
    -know your elves shirt.
    -various "boop" quotes merchandise.
    I like ham.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

i would buy a t-shirt for me and all my freinds (if i had the money) if it had the when life gives you crap/make crap golems or in the second comic when lord manpower the temporary gets hit with the arrow and all he says before he dies is "i taste key lime pie" with him with the arrow in his head below the qoute.
    i just think that would be cool aahh... nerdgasm

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Occasional Sage View Post
    Also, I foresee a hilarious t-shirt.... Perhaps the front reading "Erfworld wocks!" with a couple of fuzzy, hooded faces peering over the top; the back would then Read "!skcow" followed by the backs of the fuzzy bodies seen from the front, and finally "E".

Hopefully that will make almost as much sense to you as it does in my head.
    Yeah. Erfworld plus Star Wars reference equals I would buy it.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

How about an Erfworld TV series?

I know - it sounds pretty far-fetched.

But check this out:
    http://www.latimes.com/news/printedi...,1907799.story

Due to the Hollywood writers strike, television executives are becoming desperate for material. See "TV Shows See Strike As a Second Chance" p. B1 The New York Times.

You've got some good material here - maybe you could get one of the networks to buy in and give you a production budget. I don't want to exaggerate your chances - even with the strike it's still probably a 1 in 100 kind of thing, if even that. But the payoff could be huge.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

smile Re: Erfworld Merchandise Ideas

Ah, merchandise. Assuming I acquire any money reasonably soon (Mayhap that's what I'll tell my buddy to get me for Christmas,) I want a Dwagon. Everyone said it, I know. Okay, off to original ideas...

Hmm, okay, off humour for a second, referring back to page 32, http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0032.html and we're talking about panel six here-I like quotes that are unexpected or thoughtful, too, and... "There is no "Good" or "Evil" here, smart guy. That is a myth. That's propaganda."

Something in that quote's been pulling at my thoughts for the past few days. It showed a depth that wasn't really there in the plushies and such, up until the commentary post-Misty. I like quotes that make me think. A design of that panel with the quote somewhere would be awesome.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

(Sorry if this has come up before, but there's so many old posts to read through!)

I deeply need an Erfworld tabletop strategy game. The comic has me dying to play a hex-based, turn-based strategy game, and everything like that is WW2 or other such dreck. Since there's an RPG for OoTS, it makes sense....

14. - Top - End - #164

Adding along with the Erfworld plushies: Dwagon-blimp plushies. They would be rather easy to make...

15. - Top - End - #165

Here are a couple ideas:

Compile the Hamstard strips.

Rather than making one big rulebook that compiles all the rules of Erfworld, at least initialy, release different parts of the rule system online as, for instance, PDF files. (Examples: Combat Mechanics, Magic System, Encyclopedia of Creatures and Races, List of Characters, et cetera.)

16. - Top - End - #166
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

I think stickers would be a good piece of swag. Possibly postcards, also, or just mini-posters.
    As far as copyright issues for gwiffons . . . I don't think gwiffon items are that similar to Peeps. Peeps have a blobbish, half-melted hershey's-kiss appearance. Gwiffons are much thinner, and the animal's body's edges are squared-off and not very rounded.
    Instead of the soap, maybe there could be gwiffon pencil-toppers or erasers that smell like marshmallow?
    And I second [third? tenth?] the motion to have an actual board-game!

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Seriously, I'm just waiting for the appearance of a "Erfworld Fangame Design". After all, in the [new strip] threads a lot of people are seriously calculating different stats and powers of units and characters.

And completely off the wall merchandise-wise but still: I think Erfworld would be a kick-boob animated TV-series, in a short-epidode format like the ones in Liquid Television...

18. - Top - End - #168
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

is cool this xD

click my dragons

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

I fully support the idea of an Erfworld Hex-based Turn-based tabletop game or computer game.

I also like the idea of Cloth Golem/Dwagon plushies.
    Signature made by Wojiz
    Spoiler
    Show

Deceiver PrC
    A whole new Spell List
    Updating 2 spell every day (Continuing when I stop being lazy.. Should be any day now...)!
    Arkenhammer

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Kalad Redbomb; Jarelk Archon

20. - Top - End - #170
    Pixie in the Playground

I'd totally go for a Jetstone radish shirt like the one Webinar wears.

If someone's not familiar with the comic, then it just looks like you're wearing a shirt with a big radish on it, which is random enough to be cool in my book.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

I mentioned this in another thread, but for the sake of having everything in one place:

When a dead-gump version of Erfworld is made, I can and would happily pay for a special, limited-edition version similar to the books printed by Subterranean Press if not actually from them. Signed is cool, nicer binding (leather?) would be great, and any "extras" like concept sketches or storyboards or such included at the end of the book would totally rock my socks.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

PLUSH GWIFFONS WILL BE TRICKY TO DO WITHOUT GETTING IN TROUBLE.

Sorry; I just wanted to make sure that sentence wasn't lost. This past Easter I was poking around my local Target and I saw plush Peeps for sale. So unless they make sure the Gwiffons aren't too much like Peeps, that one may not be feasible.

Though of course it means anyone who wanted plush Gwiffons can just wait till next Easter and they'll almost assuredly be selling plush Peeps again.
    Head sous-chef for House Kato

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pclips View Post
    *snip* until we have the Erfworld book out. And at this rate, that's early 2009. *snip*
    [forced casualness]

So, um, is there maybe a preorder list? I'd be very interested in knowing something about the format, estimated price, signing policy (can we ship them to you and have it returned cod?), etc.

[/forced casualness]

Rob, Jamie, this news (even as inexact as it it) makes my booping day.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Occasional Sage View Post
    When a dead-gump version of Erfworld is made, I can and would happily pay for a special, limited-edition version similar to the books printed by Subterranean Press if not actually from them. Signed is cool, nicer binding (leather?) would be great, and any "extras" like concept sketches or storyboards or such included at the end of the book would totally rock my socks.
    I'm too attached to this idea to let it go. Anybody else interested?
    Last edited by Occasional Sage; 2008-06-13 at 04:10 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kilbia View Post
    PLUSH GWIFFONS WILL BE TRICKY TO DO WITHOUT GETTING IN TROUBLE.

Sorry; I just wanted to make sure that sentence wasn't lost. This past Easter I was poking around my local Target and I saw plush Peeps for sale. So unless they make sure the Gwiffons aren't too much like Peeps, that one may not be feasible.

Though of course it means anyone who wanted plush Gwiffons can just wait till next Easter and they'll almost assuredly be selling plush Peeps again.
    Unless somebody has a trademark on the basic "peep" form (which I rather doubt, considering how many variations of it I see), that's not an issue (as long as you don't duplicate any one particular design which might be narrowly trademarked).

25. - Top - End - #175
    Barbarian in the Playground

I would so buy a Cloth Golem plushie.
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2008-08-13 at 05:48 PM.
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

26. - Top - End - #176

Some of this stuff has been said already.

• Hardback, or even leather bound, version of the dead-gump collection.
    • Compile the Hamstard strips into a book.
    • I've said this once, and I will say it again: rulebooks for the workings of Erfworld. Things like the world mechanics, a compendium of different creatures of Erfworld (Men, Marbits, Dwagons), a book on the magic system.
    • Also, I would think that Erfworld would adapt very well to a miniature wargame, ala Warhammer (40k or fantasy).
    • I saw an idea for an artbook (character designs, places, old sketches, et cetera), I think that this is a good idea.
    • Things like keychains with the characters on them, plushies, stuff like that.
    • If there are things that you only sell at conventions, set it up so that we who cannot for various reasons attend the cons, can buy them online; but make it so that the ones that are at the cons are different than the ones sold online.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

Hamstard stress toy.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

A few collectible souvenirs
    Bogroll orly basters... and pigeon pie molds.
    Wanda's walking staff.
    Eyemancer books that do a sound and can text to each other.
    At the very least a skin for IM chat that could do the same.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Pixie in the Playground

I would buy a shirt that says Erfworld on the front, and then has one of the panels from this comic running across the back. The the art of Erfworld is very powerful and I would love to see art heavy shirts. Furthermore I don't think oots style one liner shirts are quite in keeping with the sophisticated style of the comic. It would also be nice to see any shirts with simply a character name and one of their more iconic pictures on the back.
    Last edited by hiigaran; 2008-09-06 at 11:11 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Pixie in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Erfworld Merchandise Ideas

well i agree, that anything w/ the slogan "When life gives you crap, make crap golems." would be a good sell.

something Super easy and cheap would be to market 3-d glasses. you could possibly even sell them with small boxes of an off brand lucky charms.

One thing that really drew me to Erf world, (no pun intended) was that the world was based on a turn based video game, similar to the fire emblem games.
    I don't know about the rest of the ppl out there but i wouldn't mind an Erf World Video game... but i know this is an expensive item and not necessarily a realistic possibility.

um refridgerator magnets are always cool too, maybe one with Webinar saying "This isn't Water" that might be funny.