New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of an Untold Land [IC]

"She was hurting. And she wasn't going to get better. She'd been stung by a Bladewasp. Those just poison you slowly. Nothing else will come near them, so they won't be eaten. They just have agony and more agony until the Bladewasp eggs grow enough. Then they'd hatch, and eat the poor thing alive from the inside. Killing her now and burying her means that the Bladewasps will never hatch, and if they do, they'll be buried and suffocate"
    She stands and wipes the dirt from her hands as she steps firmly on the small mound with the creature in it.
    "We've been trying to kill the Bladewasps for ages. They're a real problem, as they don't stop growing. They'll keep getting bigger and bigger until they're big enough to attack, and plant eggs in humans. We've killed all the ones that big though"
    She smiles again as she starts off. When they reach the end of the path that the two took she glances around for where the other two could be.
    "I have no idea which direction they'd have gone from here. There are a few places that they could end up"
    Cool avatar by Gurgleflep

Posting Severely Limited. PM me in case of prolonged absence

my page

2. - Top - End - #212
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Lilly looks very distressed by this information, and Liriel looks somewhat unnerved.
    "But that's terrible! I've never heard of something so mean!"
    "It does seem to be a rather vicious wasp. Perhaps a poison? What do they eat?"

Liriel studies the tracks, trying to determine which way Brigid and the bears went, while Lilly stays close to her, keeping an eye out for mean wasps.
    (1d20+15)[29] survival(Track)
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

"I have some restorative ability, it would have done no harm to try." Anthos says dryly. As Elena's bodyguard, he didn't have to deal with such nonsense. She was spontaneous and acted without telling him, but they knew each other enough to allow him to react to things he was able to handle better, and so did he. Luna didn't know him, yet she didn't seem to consider they had any abilities that could be helpful. He doubted she knew how his powers would react to the critter's condition, and neither did he, as his earlier divination proved. She denied him the chance to help and further test how his powers work here, with one simple twisted action.

Crouching low, he tries to pick up the bear scent and help Liriel, who seemed better skilled at tracking.

Survival (Track, Scent, aid other) (1d20+8)[23]
    Last edited by Sliver; 2014-11-04 at 12:18 AM.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.