Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Middenheim: Rot From Within (OOC)

Hello all,

This is the OOC for what I hope to be a fruitful and enjoyable game. It takes place in Middenheim, obviously, so to facilitate our bearings here is a map:

Middenheim Map: (careful, as it is quite hefty and large; 3000 pixels wide)
    Spoiler
    Show

Middenland Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

And this is the IC: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...1#post17098611

If those who are present would be able to repost their characters so I could collect them into one easy reference, that'd be swell.
    "Here is this mass of jelly that you can hold in the palm of your hand, and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space" - Vilayanur Ramachandran

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Middenheim: Rot From Within (OOC)

Sister Superior Serabeth of Nordland, Female Half-elf LG 6 Paladin (Hospitaler) / 5 Oracle (Life)

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Spoiler: Details
    Show
    Level 11, Init +1, HP 103/103, Speed 30ft.
    AC 23 (26 w/shield), Touch 12, Flat-footed 21 (24 w/shield); Fort +15, Ref +11, Will +17; BAB +9/+4
    Abilities Str 13 (15), Dex 12 (14), Con 16, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 18 (22)
    Languages Common (Reikspeik), Elven
    Favored Classes Paladin (+1 skill pt x6) and Oracle (+1 skill pt x5)

Spoiler: Racial Abilities
    Show
    Ability bonus +2 Chr
    Low-light vision See twice as far as humans in dim light
    Elf blood Count as both human and elf for race-related effects
    Elven immunities Immune to magic sleep; gain +2 saves vs enchantment spells/effects
    Keen Senses +2 perception
    Multi-talented Gain two favored classes (Oracle & Paladin)
    Ancestral Arms Gain Exotic WP (dwarven longhammer)

Spoiler: Feats
    Show
    Fey Foundling When magically healed, gain 2 hps/die rolled; +2 saves vs death effects; take +1 dam from cold iron weapons
    Toughness Gain 3 hps, +1 hp per HD over 3
    Selective Channeling Choose up to 6 targets to avoid affecting w/channel
    Radiant Charge After hitting with a change, can expend remaining lay on hands to add 1d6/lay on hands +6 damage to opponent
    Fearless Aura Aura of Courage extends 20 ft; allies w/in aura are immune to fear effects

Spoiler: Class abilities
    Show
    Mystery: Life
    Curse: Clouded Vision Darkvision 60ft
    Spells & Orisons CL 7; Known (6/4/2); Per day (Unl/8/6)
    Revelation: Channel energy 3d6, 7/day; 5d6 w/phylactery
    Revelation: Life Link Bond up to 5 creatures; when creature takes 5+ damage, transfer first 5 to oracle
    Aura of Good 6th level
    Detect evil At will; can concentrate on single object/person as move action
    Smite Evil 1/day; as a swift action, add +6 to attack/damage/AC vs foe
    Divine Grace +6 to all saves
    Lay on Hands 3d6, 9/day; 5d6, 11/day w/bracers
    Aura of Courage Immune to fear; allies w/in 10ft gain +4 saves vs fear
    Divine Health Immune to diseases
    Mercy: Fatigued/Disease Removes identified conditions w/lay on hands
    Channel energy (Pal) 2d6, 9/day; 4d6 w/phylactery
    Spells CL 3, two 1st lvl spells
    Divine Bond: Weapon As a standard action, imbue weapon with +1 enh for 6 min; sheds light as torch

Spoiler: Traits
    Show
    Eyes & Ears of the City +1 Perception, always a class skill
    Magical Knack +2 caster level for oracle

Spoiler: Skills
    Show
    KS: Religion (7) +10
    KS: Planes (1) +4
    KS: Nature (1) +4
    KS: History (1) +4
    KS: Nobility (3) +6
    Survival (2) +7
    Sense Motive (7) +12
    Heal (4) +9
    Diplomacy (5) +14
    Spellcraft (5) +8
    Perception (7) +15

Spoiler: Known oracle spells
    Show
    0 - create water, detect magic, guidance, mending, read magic, spark
    1 - cure light wounds, detect undead, shield of faith, endure elements, protection from chaos, divine favor
    2 - cure moderate wounds, lesser restoration, resist energy, arrow of law

Spoiler: Equipment
    Show
    {table=head]Weapon|Att|Dmg|Size|Crit|Range|Wt|Type|Special
    +1 Longhammer|+12/+7|2d6+4|2-hand|x3(20)|-|20lbs|B|Reach, Magic
    +1 warhammer|+12/+7|1d8+3|1-hand|x3(20)|-|5lbs|B|Magic
    Sling|+11/+6|1d4+2|range|x2(20)|50ft|5lbs|B|-
    Shortsword|+12/+6|1d6+2|light|x2(19-20)|-|2lbs|P/S|MW, Cold iron[/table]
    {table=head]Armor|AC|Max Dex|Pen|Fail %|Speed|Wt|Special
    +2 mithral full plate|+11|+3|-3|25%|20ft|25lbs|Magic, mithral
    +1 mithral l. shield|+3|-|-0|10%|-|5lbs|Mithral, magic[/table]
    {table=head]Item|Slot|Wt
    Gloves of Reconnaissance|Hands|-
    Belt (+2 Str, +2 Dex, +4 Chr)|Waist|1lb
    Phylactery of Positive Channeling|Headband|-
    Bracers of the Merciful Knight|Wrists|1lb
    Ring of Sustenance|Finger|-
    Muleback cords|Shoulder|0.25lb[/table]
    Mundane Gear pack, pouch, bedroll, scroll cases x2, empty vials x2, waterskin, holy symbol (silver), whetstone
    Money 639gps 7sps 8cps

Spoiler: Fluff
    Show
    Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Sera appears to be a slender slip of a woman, innocent and waifish. Her hair is platinum blonde, usually pulled back into a long braid. Her blue eyes are clouded over, lending the image of a woman who cannot see ... and yet somehow she seems aware of the things around her. But for all her stature and appearance, there is a palpable attraction to the Sigmarite. She exudes a quiet confidence, and even the strongest willed men have broken eye contact with that strange, vacant gaze.

Her normal attire are dresses of silver, white and red, loose and flowing with the iconography of Sigmar upon them. She will wear robes and vestments as the occassion requires. However, when the time for war is at hand, she dons a well-crafted suit of gromril armor, raising her hammer and shield to fight in the name of Sigmar. When the situation calls for it, she also will wield a huge dwarven-forged longhammer.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Sera is a force of indomitable will. She serves Sigmar in heart and soul, and is fanatical in her devotion to the god ... and not necessarily the bureaucracy of the church. She rarely will lose her temper, and saves her righteous rage for the foul forces of Chaos, and those who have betrayed the faith. Otherwise, she is calm, cool, collected and possessed of a self-confidence and faith that see her through any situation.

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    The town was silent, except for the crackle of flames and occassional crash of a collasing building. However, the screams and cries had long sense stopped, the last of the defenders having been killed long ago. As the priest of the Cult of Sigmar walked through the destruction, his personal guard following closely, he shook his head at the horror of it all. A Chaos warband had come through the night before, laying waste to the unprepared villagers. It seemed the devestation was total, since they had yet to find a single body, let alone a survivor. Looking around, he sighed, wiping the soot from his sweaty brow with a small towel. Best they continue on and track down this band before it destroyed another town.

"Sir! The men found something!" Turning, the priest motioned for the excited soldier to lead on, following him to the remains of a small building. It looked for all the world like any of the others in this town, most of the ceiling gone and the walls somewhat suspect. Picking his way through, he found another area, like a conference room, that was in a little better shape ... but along the back wall was an altar. Grunting in surprise, he moved forward, eyes fixed on the symbol of the twin comets on the front - apparently this room had served as a worship room for Sigmar! As he approached the altar, stepping around to see if anything else had survived, he saw a faint movement.

He gave a warning motion to his men, pulling free his hammer from his waist as he cautiously approached. Coming around the other side, he found a small girl, no older than five summers, her big blue eyes starring vacantly as she pushed back under the altar. He paused, calling softly to the girl. "Here now, child, you're safe. What happened? How did you come to be here?"

The girl stiffened at his voice, and a hand hidden under the folds of her dress pulled forth a knife that she held out in front of her. The priest paused in surprise, then spoke again. "Come now, child, can you not see that we are not your enemy? Or are you still in shock?" The girl turned to him as he spoke, but the way she cocked her head slightly brought a sudden realization to the man - the girl was blind! He pulled off his medallion, a carved symbol of his office as a Priest of Sigmar, and he tossed the medallion onto her lap, eliciting a small gasp of surprise and a flailing swing with the knife.

"Child, feel the medallion and know the truth ... I am Viktor, Priest of Sigmar, and I mean you know harm." She reached down hesistantly at first, her hand pawing for the symbol. Once she had it, she rubbed her hand over the engraved front and paused. After a moment, a soft glow began to emit from the symbol and she gasped as her body arched in pain, dropping the knife with a clatter and slumping forward.

Concerned the girl had some taint about her that caused the pain, Viktor moved closer to check the girl, his hammer still at the ready. He took his symbol back and donned it again, then rolled the girl over to check her. He grunted in surprise when he noticed the otherworldly look of her face, the slight elongation of her ears ... she was fey-blooded! Suddenly, her eyes
    opened and she looked at the priest, as if she could not only see him, but see right throug him. She reached out to touch his beared cheek, and a warm feeling suffused through his body, easing a number of small nicks and cuts he had gotten searching the town.

Now it was his turn to gasp, as he recognized the touch of his god, and realized this young girl had been the conduit. Blinking, he rose, holding the girl effortlessly. "Serabeth. My name is Serabeth." He smiled down at her. "Well Serabeth, you may call me father."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sister Superior Serabeth bowed her head to the Matriach. "Mother, I am honored. I live but to serve the Will of Sigmar. Let the Lords of Chaos tremble before the might of the Sisters." Accepting the new mantle of her office, the slender woman rose, now a senior member of this all-female splinter of the Cult of Sigmar. She had proven herself, in peace and in battle, both as prophet and oracle and holy knight. While she was not the most skilled fighter, or the strongest caster, none could match her will to win, and all would follow her into battle without a second thought.

Today, she would join her sisters as they departed to fight the forces of Chaos that had arisen. Word had reached the sisters that Emperor Franz and Sigmar's Chosen, Valten, were marching from Talabheim to relieve the beseiged Middenheim. The Sisters of Sigmar would be there to see the glory of the destruction of Archaon and his foul forces.

Unfortunately, no one could predict the cost of victory
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Serabeth raised a hand, bringing the band to a stop. She had heard something, something out in the darkness, almost drowned out by the rain. Turning back to Tanya, motioning for her friend and second-in-command to come forward. "There is something wrong ... something is in the town. Wait ... do you smell that? Serabeth tilted her head in that odd way, as if she were trying to listen to something only she could hear. Tanya motioned to two younger Sisters to take point, preparing to have them scout ahead, but Serabeth put a hand on her shoulder. "No ... ready the women to move out. Prepare for combat ... evil is on the wind."

"Be it my hammer or your blood, dark red shall be the last color you see ..."
    Last edited by Starbin; 2014-03-04 at 02:43 PM.
    Posting may be distracted for the next few months - I'm in a bit of transition!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aithien will be speaking in green.

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

Halfling Bard and Sylph Illusionist by Akrim.Elf, Gnome Sorcerer and her Player by me.

4. - Top - End - #4

Glad to be under way! Ivorion will use Blue.

5. - Top - End - #5

Looking forward to the interactions between Ivorion and Aithien, should be suficient culture clash for it to be amusing

Show

Halfling Bard and Sylph Illusionist by Akrim.Elf, Gnome Sorcerer and her Player by me.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Gerrard shall be speaking in Dark slate grey
    Spoiler: Extradimensional Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Sir Cowabunga of Clubs and Servant to the Radical Throne

My off days are Sun-Mon. Do not expect posts on these days

7. - Top - End - #7

Thagrok will speak in a royal purple

I haven't finished my backstory. It will be up some time tomorrow
    And treasure!
    Wait, that doesn't make any sense

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Nice to see people. We're just waiting on a couple others to roll along and then
    "Here is this mass of jelly that you can hold in the palm of your hand, and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space" - Vilayanur Ramachandran

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Truly, I am here. But weekends are always bad for posting, and my last couple of days at work were rough for updating (Friday, no connectivity; Monday lots of catch up). My plan is to post tomorrow (and provide an updated character).

Any suggestions on whether my extra level should be Paladin or Oracle? The next level in oracle is nice, because I get darkvision to 60ft, but Pally continues me on the path to more Lay on Hands ...

Choices, choices.

10. - Top - End - #10

Just as a note, I am deliberately playing Aithien as being a bit prickly and adversarial. I'm planning on dialing it down once there's been some group bonding, but it seems to fit a Wood Elf for now. I don't mind toning it down now, though, if anyone's getting annoyed at it.

Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

No worries ... I'm playing Serabeth as a fairly diplomatic person, unless your evil chaos, or overtly disparage her. Just wondering what will happen once Aithien realizes half of the group is fey-blooded

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Just waiting on Pessimism and I'll move us along.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Such a quite IC lot this group is .

I'll move us along tonight.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Moving house so I'm not going to have net for the next couple of days.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Thanks for the head's up, BP ... good luck!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Perception check: (1d20+15)[24] (Sees only to 60ft, but in darkvision).

Also, at this point, she would only have a life link w/Gerrard.

17. - Top - End - #17

Is it bad that I like the idea of playing Aithien as the comically serious?

Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

You mean instead of a serious comic?

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    You mean instead of a serious comic?
    Aye, though I feel that they both beat a comic series in this situation

Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

BananaPhone, you may want to roll our perception checks for us.

Currently we have:

Gerrard: 30
    Aithien: 35
    Starbin: 24

We are waiting on Ivorion and Thagrok who have a +16, and +15 bonus, respectively.
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig

21. - Top - End - #21

(d20+15)[25] Perception
    And treasure!
    Wait, that doesn't make any sense

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Heh everyone's so suspicious of the page . Love it.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Heh everyone's so suspicious of the page . Love it.
    Well he IS a little creepy! Well done!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

On another note, we'll be picking things up after the forums come back online. I could throw a cliffhanger out there, but I doubt everyone would see it before the forums go offline, so for now I"ll just type a post up ready for when things return so we can continue on our merry way.

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post

On another note, we'll be picking things up after the forums come back online. I could throw a cliffhanger out there, but I doubt everyone would see it before the forums go offline, so for now I"ll just type a post up ready for when things return so we can continue on our merry way.
    Sounds good, have a good break!

Show

26. - Top - End - #26

Welcome back!

Fair warning, I've got a major deadline on the 11th of April, so I'm gonna be pretty busy until that's passed. I've also got a ~2 week (can't remember exact length) field trip to Germany beginning on the 20th of April. I'm not expecting to have internet during that time.

Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

You waiting on us Banana?
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Nope. The forums are back online, and despite my posturing in several recruitment threads, I'll have a post up tonight.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Would people prefer me to write shorter posts more often, or are they happy with me allowing them time to interact and do things before writing more exorbitant posts?

30. - Top - End - #30

I don't particularly mind a slow pace

Show