New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1166
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Fire Emblem Thread II: Stalwarts Unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post
    I've decided that I am taking 3-4 days off work for this game....I've been waiting 2.5 years for it >>.

Got the Special Edition and the special Edition 3ds....

edit: As for first run. Birthright, female corrin +STR/-MAG that marries Silas... difficulty will be hard classic...maybe lunatic if I feel particularly masochistic.
    I just started working again so I dont think I can do that. But amazingly my boss is fine with me bringing in a DS or browsing the net if I've done all my work for the day and am just having to mind reception while he's out visiting customers, which is often, so at least I'll still get time to play it.

3DS friend code: 0748-2783-1667
    Mii name: Sajiri

Ruya avatar by me!
    My Tumblr (more active than Deviantart these days)
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Troll in the Playground

Random nitpick, but I wish we had better red hair options for the avatar. As a bit of a ginger myself, it seems like video games rarely give you a good shade of red. My natural strawberry blonde is out of the question (if anyone knows a game that does this shade well, let me know), but why can't we at least get the bright red shade that Hinoka gets?

So I pretty much went with
    Conquests: Blonde
    Birthright: Orangish
    Revelations: Drab Red

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

So who thought it would be a good idea to give Takumi offensive skills with his absurd skill stat? That maniac killed 3 of my units, proccing rend heaven in every fight, and got a critical rend heaven bringing me from 100% to 0. If I hadn't recruited some children characters before this chapter my hard playthrough would have come to an end here.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jermell View Post
    So who thought it would be a good idea to give Takumi offensive skills with his absurd skill stat? That maniac killed 3 of my units, proccing rend heaven in every fight, and got a critical rend heaven bringing me from 100% to 0. If I hadn't recruited some children characters before this chapter my hard playthrough would have come to an end here.
    Bowbreaker?
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Troll in the Playground

So apparently Nintendo is making a Fire Emblem game for mobile devices. Haven't heard anything beyond the announcement, but it could be interesting, unless they inject it with the pure cancer that is microtransactions.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Bowbreaker?
    Well yes I know that NOW. But going into the chapter I didn't expect Takumi to have offensive skills so I figured it'd be unnecessary to try and grind out a sorcerer to lvl 15.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    So apparently Nintendo is making a Fire Emblem game for mobile devices. Haven't heard anything beyond the announcement, but it could be interesting, unless they inject it with the pure cancer that is microtransactions.
    Your Iron Sword broke! Repair it now for $0.50, or send it to a Blacksmith to fix it in an hour?

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Troll in the Playground

I could easily see any of the GBA games working on a smart phone. Maybe this is a step towards letting us back up our FE saves off site. I'm so paranoid about my 3DS breaking and losing my saves.

Well yes I know that NOW. But going into the chapter I didn't expect Takumi to have offensive skills so I figured it'd be unnecessary to try and grind out a sorcerer to lvl 15.
    You can get a ton of skills from other people's My Castles, so you don't have to grind for the skills yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Your Iron Sword broke! Repair it now for $0.50, or send it to a Blacksmith to fix it in an hour?
    The Goddess Anna demands a sacrifice.

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post

You can get a ton of skills from other people's My Castles, so you don't have to grind for the skills yourself.
    I might use them later but I wanted to keep my Conquest run pure, only using things I can get for free (so I did one run of the Before Awakening DLC to grind supports, made Azura a Dread Fighter) but won't use my Castle stuff until Revelations. Luckily I made it through and it looks like I'm out of the woods. I've still got 3 more 2nd gen characters I could recruit (and get EXP from their maps) if things get dicey.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ogre in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Fire Emblem Thread II: Stalwarts Unite!

We have tenure peeps. We have tenure.

In b4 I was a fan before it was cool- cause I totally was.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Troll in the Playground

We have tenure peeps. We have tenure.

In b4 I was a fan before it was cool- cause I totally was.
    The success of Revelations is causing Pokemon's next generation to have a DLC third game, Pokemon Ecclipse, touted as the true path, where we fight the true evil team behind all the other teams we've defeated and we are able to catch every Pokemon.

...I was going to carry this analogy further, but it might be too spoilery.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

The success of Revelations is causing Pokemon's next generation to have a DLC third game, Pokemon Ecclipse, touted as the true path, where we fight the true evil team behind all the other teams we've defeated and we are able to catch every Pokemon.

...I was going to carry this analogy further, but it might be too spoilery.
    I...don't care about pokemon tbh at this stage. Milking the cash cow all the way...

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Whew, Ryoma is NOT a disappointment like Xander was. Probably a difference in motivation. I actually would lose using a sword because he'll just chip me down with crits and Astra while I barely have a 60% chance to hit. If Draconic hex wasn't a thing I wouldn't have a chance. As it is I lost to a lucky crit. (not on me, on my only lock picker). I probably should have played those last couple 2nd gen chapters until I was done being a paladin for skills, Ryoma wouldn't scratch me with a dragonstone +

EDIT: Yes, literally he would scratch and crit me to death while I can't do anything to him. I might actually have to cheat on this duel and open those doors
    Last edited by Jermell; 2016-04-30 at 07:36 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Colossus in the Playground

Hey I made a thing. People might like it.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...8#post20734628
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Colossus in the Playground

I just read Severa and Yarne's B support.

Combining that and her supports with Robin.

Severa is surprisingly tactical...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ch. 27 in Conquest. The first one where I've realized my genes are a liability. Always being vulnerable to wrymslayers is a pain and since my avatar paired with kaze we've got 3 units that basically have to sit and hide from this first room full of more than 6 wrymslayers

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Troll in the Playground

I can't wait until Europe gets this and I don't worry about spoilering anyone anymore. The writing is so bad in each path, but for different reasons. I actually was liking Revelations in the first half, but the second half... Why, just why?

05107-66614
    62592-54117

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

Two weeks to go...two damn weeks too long...

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Last chapter of Conquest and it's finally time to wrap up hard mode! Everyone's level 20 (except my unit, who is level 23 after I scraped together enough cash for an eternal seal, thanks money printer - ahem - Midori). I finished the first half which was fun, albeit a bit easy if you notice the INFINITE RANGE entraps. Let's see what the final boss can do.

As a sidenote: Has anyone played map pack 2? Is it any good? Looks interesting.

And now I'm done with Hard mode conquest. Maybe Lunatic Revelations is next.
    Last edited by Jermell; 2016-05-07 at 01:36 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Troll in the Playground

I finally got all the kids in Birthright, most of whom I got some good skills for thanks to attacking other castles. Half my offspring have aptitude now, which is pretty great. So now I just need to finish it so I can do Revelations.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Troll in the Playground

I finally got all the kids in Birthright, most of whom I got some good skills for thanks to attacking other castles. Half my offspring have aptitude now, which is pretty great. So now I just need to finish it so I can do Revelations.
    Make sure to save all the kids in the log book so you don't have to get all your skills over again.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

That map where they cover everything in ice in Revelations is a TREASURE TROVE! There must be 100,000 gold worth of stuff you can loot from there. One of every type of stat booster, weapons, healing items, and a master seal. Took like 30 turns to get it all though

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Troll in the Playground

That map where they cover everything in ice in Revelations is a TREASURE TROVE! There must be 100,000 gold worth of stuff you can loot from there. One of every type of stat booster, weapons, healing items, and a master seal. Took like 30 turns to get it all though
    Yeah, it's nice to get all the stuff, but that chapter was so boring, only getting to bring like 5 units, makes this map take forever, and knowing all these items are here, makes me want to thaw every single darn block of ice there, instead of just carving a path to the boss.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Titan in the Playground

So I got Awakening. First tried on Normal, got to Chapter 8 or 9 when I realized I made a mistake with using a Master Seal too early. Restarted and switched to Hard, now I'm going to have to figure out how to beat Chapter 5... I remember this being maybe the last hard one before everything just became smooth sailing on Normal. Frederick support has been great for my Avatar, activating the Veteran skill bonus in addition to major stat boosts. I'm trying to use both Stahl and Sully for the Bull and Panther motif, and my femAvatar will probably marry Stahl since he's my favorite (though Morgan and Lucina being siblings sounds great for both fluff and stats).

I have very little interest in Fates, if I did get it I would only be interested in Revelations and I'm not paying double for something where the storyline is STILL noticeably flawed. Pretty much the only way I'll be getting another currently-released FE game is if I manage to find a copy of Path of Radiance for $40 or less. Or maybe FE7.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2016-05-12 at 12:21 AM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    So I got Awakening. First tried on Normal, got to Chapter 8 or 9 when I realized I made a mistake with using a Master Seal too early. Restarted and switched to Hard, now I'm going to have to figure out how to beat Chapter 5... I remember this being maybe the last hard one before everything just became smooth sailing on Normal. Frederick support has been great for my Avatar, activating the Veteran skill bonus in addition to major stat boosts. I'm trying to use both Stahl and Sully for the Bull and Panther motif, and my femAvatar will probably marry Stahl since he's my favorite (though Morgan and Lucina being siblings sounds great for both fluff and stats).

I have very little interest in Fates, if I did get it I would only be interested in Revelations and I'm not paying double for something where the storyline is STILL noticeably flawed. Pretty much the only way I'll be getting another currently-released FE game is if I manage to find a copy of Path of Radiance for $40 or less. Or maybe FE7.
    You never play fe for the story, it has never been its strong point. You play fire emblem for the supports, the music and most importantly the gameplay. Fates excels at gameplay from what I've seen, especially the Nohr campaign and the huge cast is quite well written outside of the story.

Edit: Also 86 maps for about $100 and 100ds of hours of replayability is a steal for me.

Edit 2: Not slamming you for not wanting to buy the game. Just that FE has never been good in the story department. If you enjoy Awakening gameplay despite its flaws (you can two unit (Robin+ Chrom=gg) mode ALL of the maps even on lunatic+) you will love Fates.
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2016-05-12 at 05:44 AM.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Titan in the Playground

You never play fe for the story, it has never been its strong point. You play fire emblem for the supports, the music and most importantly the gameplay. Fates excels at gameplay from what I've seen, especially the Nohr campaign and the huge cast is quite well written outside of the story.

Edit: Also 86 maps for about $100 and 100ds of hours of replayability is a steal for me.

Edit 2: Not slamming you for not wanting to buy the game. Just that FE has never been good in the story department. If you enjoy Awakening gameplay despite its flaws (you can two unit (Robin+ Chrom=gg) mode ALL of the maps even on lunatic+) you will love Fates.
    Alright. Well, I'd still want Revelations so I could get all the characters at once, and that still costs twice as much.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    Alright. Well, I'd still want Revelations so I could get all the characters at once, and that still costs twice as much.
    You can get the extra routes for $20 after buying one route.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ogre in the Playground

You can get the extra routes for $20 after buying one route.
    And for just under 100 maps that's a steal.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ogre in the Playground

It's on its way...It's on its way...2.5 years of vigil will finally end...With any luck by Friday.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ogre in the Playground

Phew, the game is great. Story is middling as expected but everything else ranges from good to excellent (at least on Hoshido, just started my conquest playthrough)

I initially started on Hoshido hard. However, it was too easy so I restarted on Lunatic. It was largely smooth cruising until the last few chapters...They basically add crap tons of enemies which makes you desperately scramble to kill them all before they kill your squishies. For the final mission I had to lower the difficulty to hard as I was being overwhelmed and lacked funds to properly stave and tonic myself.

Thoughts on units I used:

Spoiler
    Show

Corrin: is a great unit.
    Azura: Best dance/singer in the whole FE series.
    Jacob: I benched him after he hit level 15. Not because he was bad (he was great actually), but because I didn't wanna use him
    Kaze: Best mage killer in my run. Has paper thin defenses otherwise. An amazing unit
    Rinkah: I don't understand the hatred towards her. She's an outstanding unit. She can tank, dodge, and hits like a truck. Married to Ryouma, for a tanky speedy Shiro.
    Subaki: He was meh, though I guess he got rng screwed. Got benched pretty quickly.
    Sakura: She got outclassed by other healers pretty quickly. She has an adorable personality though
    Silas: My bud, my man, I love ya bro. He's a good unit, on lunatic be sure to reclass him to hero to get sol and more importantly Axe breaker. Those berserkers either do no damage or hit like a truck.
    Hinoka: Take her to level 10 and reclass her to lancer and voila you have an amazing self healing tank than softens everyone up in every sense of the world. Guard Naginatas are OP.
    Azama: He's amazing once he becomes a holy man. He will not heal as effectively as other healers, but on lunatic you should be relying more on passive regen. Very well written as well.
    Saizo: The tankiest and magical ninja. You can use him for lures as he will survive unlike the other two. An excellent unit.
    Kagero: She middles between Saizo and Kaze- aka she too is excellent. I used all three. They are all quite well written as well.
    Hinata: Tried to use him, got his kid with kagero then benched. He's ok...maybe got rng screwed.
    Takumi: He's bow makes him broken, give him the illusory uni, place sun god on him and you're set.
    Ryouma: He breaks the game in half, even on lunatic. He can literally go up against anything and nearly always survive. I guess you could get him quixotic and speedtaker to make him break reality with astras if you wanted...
    Shiro: With Rinkah as his mum he's one lean, mean crit killing, debuffing machine. He's personality is rather meh.
    Hisame: With Kagero as his mum, he was a glass cannon. More of a liability at endgame.
    Shigure: I used him for passive healing. Asama was his dad
    Mitama: staff bot with flier killing capabilities. Hilarious. Azura's probably not the best mum for her...

Other Thoughts
    Ninjas with lunge are evil.
    The story might be middling but it can move you at times.
    Grinding weapon ranks is a chore.
    The explanation for kids is hilariously bad.
    Hidden weapons and debuff skills are overall a great addition to the series. I hope they stay with some adjustments (though that could be ameliorated with ninjas not getting lunge)
    attack and guard stance are a beautiful polished mechanic now that is not op.
    The game encourages to spread the love with supports, it's also great in this regard.
    The music is amazing.
    Did I mention that the game is overall great? I think I did? Okay it's great, get it.
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2016-05-26 at 08:46 PM.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show