New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fire Emblem Thread II: Stalwarts Unite!

On my recent Lunatic run through, I've noticed that another reason it's so hard is there are no real choke points. It's just a bunch of wide open spaces or areas where you are surrounded.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

So I've just finished my second playthrough of Lunatic +.

With the exception of Chrom, Ana, Libra, Lissa and Cordelia my entire army had access to bows and lethality... This made later chapters easier, but even with dlc abuse and capped stats getting swarmed was very, very risky.

The most notable thing that I observed this run is that Stalh is truly an excellent unit and makes for a fantastic Assassin-> Sniper. He's also a good dad for severa providing a lot of classes to her.
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2014-08-01 at 10:53 PM.
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post

With the exception of Chrom, Ana, Libra, Lissa and Cordelia my entire army had access to bows and lethality... This made later chapters easier, but even dlc abuse and capped stats getting swarmed was very, very risky.

The most notable thing that I observed this run is that Stalh is truly an excellent unit and makes for a fantastic Assassin-> Sniper. He's also a good dad for severa providing a lot of classes to her.
    Really? I'd always thought Stahl was a great tank? I do see the class thing though.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

With the exception of Chrom, Ana, Libra, Lissa and Cordelia my entire army had access to bows and lethality... This made later chapters easier, but even dlc abuse and capped stats getting swarmed was very, very risky.

Question. Did you do the mission where you recruit Priam? And if so...how?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Do you find Lethality works better than Luna/Ignis? It seems okay, but it never procs when it really needs to.

I should get back to my latest playthrough. I'm at the point where I'm grinding to get limit breaker on all my units, and it got a bit old. I'm almost done with FE 12 now, so I'll probably pick it up again after that.

SideNote: Fire Emblem is a good series to play if you have a baby in your lap, since you can always stop at a moment's notice, and it won't hurt.

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jermell View Post
    Really? I'd always thought Stahl was a great tank? I do see the class thing though.
    A re-class to his speedier, skillier classes increases his speed and skill growths while his HP, STR and DEF growths do not suffer a lot. In the Lunatic modes DEF+HP are way, way better than dodge so he can be an assassin/sniper better than virion or lon'qu. He also gets very easy access to to dual guard+ which allows him to tank even better as a sniper.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Question. Did you do the mission where you recruit Priam? And if so...how?

I did not. But will try tonight and report back. With galeforce kiters and sniper tanks it shouldn't be too hard.

Edit: I am happy to eat humble pie. There's too many units to risk baiting with my 16 or so uber units. I need to train more kids and 2-3 staff users. Still I'd use the same tactic: hit and run with galeforce and port out of harms way with rescue staves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    Do you find Lethality works better than Luna/Ignis? It seems okay, but it never procs when it really needs to.

I should get back to my latest playthrough. I'm at the point where I'm grinding to get limit breaker on all my units, and it got a bit old. I'm almost done with FE 12 now, so I'll probably pick it up again after that.

SideNote: Fire Emblem is a good series to play if you have a baby in your lap, since you can always stop at a moment's notice, and it won't hurt.
    On Lunatic+ even with Luna there will still be times when the unit survives and you will eat a counter in the face. Lethality ensures that that doesn't happen. It doesn't happen often, but it's safer than luna.
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2014-08-02 at 06:25 AM.
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

I finished up Fire Emblem 12 yesterday, so now I have played every FE after FE6. I'm thinking of trying some of the older titles. FE1 and 3 are pretty much 11 and 12, so I'll probably skip those. Is Gaiden worth it, or should I go straight to Geneology?

05107-66614
    62592-54117

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

I finished up Fire Emblem 12 yesterday, so now I have played every FE after FE6. I'm thinking of trying some of the older titles. FE1 and 3 are pretty much 11 and 12, so I'll probably skip those. Is Gaiden worth it, or should I go straight to Geneology?
    Gaiden's... unique. It's a lot more like Final Fantasy than the others, in some ways. Dull map design, only one item carried per unit at a time, but there's FE8 and 13 style random battles, actual towns to visit, branching promotions, and a lot of other stuff that vanished for most of the series.

Worth a look, at least.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hi, new to the series through Awakening and loving it (even if the dialogue is a bit cheesy)

Anyway, I need to ask how the Streetpass team system works. I want to try it, but I don't know what happens to characters and equipment that I put on it. What happens to them?

I really want to use them, because I plan on giving them a Rolling Stones theme somehow.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by n00bboy2013 View Post
    Hi, new to the series through Awakening and loving it (even if the dialogue is a bit cheesy)

Anyway, I need to ask how the Streetpass team system works. I want to try it, but I don't know what happens to characters and equipment that I put on it. What happens to them?

I really want to use them, because I plan on giving them a Rolling Stones theme somehow.
    Streetpass teams don't cost you anything. Characters and equipment on them continue in your game as if nothing ever happened, while they also go out and wreck your friends.

Or, you know, get slaughtered. Either or, no consequence for you.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

11. - Top - End - #281

Playing normal mode on Awakening

I have some pairings I'm making that I think are cute, but I want to know if they are suicidally bad.

Chrom+Sumia (they both are obviously attracted to each other)

Frederick+Lissa (they help balance each other's faults)

Miriel+Virion (the Intellectual and the Romantic)

Sully+Stahl (they make a cool-looking team)
    Last edited by Aquatosic; 2014-08-21 at 09:07 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    Streetpass teams don't cost you anything. Characters and equipment on them continue in your game as if nothing ever happened, while they also go out and wreck your friends.

Thanks for that info. My Rolling-Stones-Themed team can go out now.

Sorry about the post above this. I had honestly forgotten I had written a post here.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Playing normal mode on Awakening

I have some pairings I'm making that I think are cute, but I want to know if they are suicidally bad.

Chrom+Sumia

Frederick+Lissa

Miriel+Virion (the Intellectual and the Romantic)

Sully+Stahl
    I'm not sure it's possible for anything to be suicidally bad on normal. None of those jump out at me as horrible anyway. I don't remember the perfect optimization route off the top of my head, but you'll be fine.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

14. - Top - End - #284

I'm not sure it's possible for anything to be suicidally bad on normal. None of those jump out at me as horrible anyway. I don't remember the perfect optimization route off the top of my head, but you'll be fine.
    Alright, yes!

15. - Top - End - #285

So Anarion. Just out of curiosity, what pairings do you run for the main characters?

16. - Top - End - #286

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post

But I think permadeath is still on when you face a streetpass team, no?

If it is, can you reload and start over when someone dies like in the main game?

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

So Anarion. Just out of curiosity, what pairings do you run for the main characters?
    I did my first run on insanity and didn't bother consulting guides. I think I paired MU with Lissa, Chrom with Sumia, some other random ones. I ended up losing Sully and not resetting because I am a monster, so I never got her kid either. Nowi+Gregor ended up working passably well I think, though Nowi+MU for all the manakete is probably optimal because manakete are stupidly strong.

Basically, if I managed to finish the game, on insanity, with the crap I did, I feel confident that you can't blow it on normal.

But I think permadeath is still on when you face a streetpass team, no?

If it is, can you reload and start over when someone dies like in the main game?
    Yeah, they hang around for a while, so you can reload if you want, iirc. You can also go up to them and check out their roster and even set up for the battle and then go "wow, no, why do they all have max stats and brave weapons, screw that!" They'll still hang around. You can also shop from them instead of fighting or recruit their MU.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

18. - Top - End - #288

I ended up losing Sully and not resetting because I am a monster, so I never got her kid either.
    You don't have to feel too bad about Sully, she's one of the character's who is too story-important to actually die. I tried that once with some characters I felt less attached to, but I felt that if I went back for one character, I had to do it for all of them.

Nowi+Gregor ended up working passably well I think, though Nowi+MU for all the manakete is probably optimal because manakete are stupidly strong.
    Can I survive without Nowi? Her obviously pedo-bait design creeps me out, no matter her actual age.

I mean, there are some powerful Spotpass Manaketes.
    Last edited by Aquatosic; 2014-08-21 at 09:50 AM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

If by "some" you mean "one," then yes. She's also a kid.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

There is another (optional) Manakete you get much later in the game, Tiki, who is an adult. Your avatar is the only one who can marry her and produce a kid, but it does result in the same number of Manaketes as if you married him to Nowi, assuming you marry Nowi to someone else. That's what I'm going to do in my current file.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2014-08-21 at 10:45 AM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

You don't have to feel too bad about Sully, she's one of the character's who is too story-important to actually die. I tried that once with some characters I felt less attached to, but I felt that if I went back for one character, I had to do it for all of them.
    I do go back for all of them. Sully is my only character death in any Fire Emblem game ever and it is a sign of my deep frustration with the insanity and insanity+ difficulties that I was willing to let her die and not reload the mission immediately.

Can I survive without Nowi? Her obviously pedo-bait design creeps me out, no matter her actual age.

Spotpass Tiki is also a kid, regular Tiki is available fairly late in the game and needs to be trained up (and requires you finish a special mission). You don't have to marry anyone to Nowi if you don't want to, or even use any of the units. From a gameplay standpoint, every manakete you've got is great and will make the game way easier. But if you don't like the character design, do what you want.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

22. - Top - End - #292

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    If by "some" you mean "one," then yes. She's also a kid.
    Really, the art didn't look like it. Anyway, she at least isn't wearing an outfit that would make a stripper blush while looking and acting like a hyperactive ten-year-old. I mean, seriously, its like the artists modeled Nowi after the original Dolores from Lolita.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Really, the art didn't look like it. Anyway, she at least isn't wearing an outfit that would make a stripper blush while looking and acting like a hyperactive ten-year-old. I mean, seriously, its like the artists modeled Nowi after the original Dolores from Lolita.
    One, it's Japan, and two, she's still in the top 5 most dangerous beings on the planet category, so I never cared much.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

24. - Top - End - #294

One, it's Japan, and two, she's still in the top 5 most dangerous beings on the planet category, so I never cared much.
    I guess, sorry about ranting. Anyway, Tiki seems cool.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Really, the art didn't look like it.
    This is the full art for kid-Tiki. And yes, this is the same character.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

Tiki's outfits aren't as to-catch-a-predator as Nowi's.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

Before I knew what S rank did in the game (I thought it was some super duper support or something) I always used Nowi (Cause Dragons are awesome) and she ended up my Avatars first bride.

After that I made sure that every character was grind married. Nothing improves a relationship then killing about 300 zombies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

28. - Top - End - #298

Sorry, the links don't work. But I did look up the art and the other poster was right.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

So I got this game today for my 3DS. (Awakening) Time to see what's the fuss is all about.

EDIT: Don't know if it's because I'm in the early stages of the game and I'm playing on Normal, but Ser Knight (Federick) is ridiculously powerful.
    Last edited by Grif; 2014-08-22 at 12:48 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

That's because Fredrick is a "promoted" class. He effectively has 20 levels worth of stat growth (theoretically) compared to everyone else. It's generally considered a bad idea on the lower difficulties to let him fight frequently in the early chapters since he gains less xp per kill which thus robs characters like Chrom/Robin of valuable xp.
    Last edited by Yana; 2014-08-22 at 02:40 PM.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.