New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fire Emblem Thread II: Stalwarts Unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Dark knight is slow burn and life taker. I think tome breaker is sorcerer, which I'll take under advisement.
    Out of curiosity, what is your avatar's +/- and build?

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is your avatar's +/- and build?
    +speed, -hp. It made the early game really hard, but it doesn't lower his max hp cap, so I thought it would be good long term. In retrospect I think +hp would have been better, it's a lot of free starting stats.

He went level 20 tactician, level 20 grandmaster and he's currently a level 9 paladin working towards grabbing aegis.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2014-03-21 at 10:18 AM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Dark knight is slow burn and life taker. I think tome breaker is sorcerer, which I'll take under advisement.
    Ahhh I get the skills for sorcerer and Dark knight confused. The statement mostly holds since lifetaker is the only regenerative ability that's really going to help Nah. However I'd just stick with swords with Nowi's low magic. I don't think Nowi should ever be a mage. Like ever.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

+speed, -hp. It made the early game really hard, but it doesn't lower his max hp cap, so I thought it would be good long term. In retrospect I think +hp would have been better, it's a lot of free starting stats.

He went level 20 tactician, level 20 grandmaster and he's currently a level 9 paladin working towards grabbing aegis.
    Hp does lower your overall caps in STR, MAG, DEF and RES by one though. (or something along those lines.)
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post
    Hp does lower your overall caps in STR, MAG, DEF and RES by one though. (or something along those lines.)
    Is there any bonus/flaw combo that let's you break even or have no negatives?

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Unfortunately no.

For Lunatic runs the optimum combo is considered to be +Def, -Skl. But my advise is to run whatever you want ^^

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

The positives always outweigh the negatives. Also always marry a second gen character for maximum Morgan, you know, if you're into eugenics, I mean.
    ~ZA

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZeltArruin View Post
    The positives always outweigh the negatives. Also always marry a second gen character for maximum Morgan, you know, if you're into eugenics, I mean.
    And the space/time continuum is serviced like a copper piece harlot.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

A first gen marriage can give you, statwise, two Morgans, though.

You know. If you're obsessive about the numbers.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    A first gen marriage can give you, statwise, two Morgans, though.

You know. If you're obsessive about the numbers.
    Sure, but those Morgans will be weaker than one made with Severa/Yarne.
    ~ZA

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sure, but those Morgans will be weaker than one made with Severa/Yarne.
    And now I want to see 3rd gen Morgan vs 2nd gen Morgan and her sibling.

12. - Top - End - #72

RogueGuy

That would make for an interesting cage match, for sure.

Up until Nah's daughter, Morgan, flings the cage at the other two.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    That would make for an interesting cage match, for sure.

Up until Nah's daughter, Morgan, flings the cage at the other two.
    You seem to be implying that this wouldn't be Nowi's daughter and thus able to catch the cage.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure if being a dragon is a winning strategy, at least if Lucina had a kid.

Falchion's pretty much built for dragon busting, and she's primed to inherit.

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure if being a dragon is a winning strategy, at least if Lucina had a kid.

Falchion's pretty much built for dragon busting, and she's primed to inherit.
    It's also range 1, and since the dragons don't take damage from anything else (because dragonstone+ is busted) you can just nail the guy/girl with Falchion.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

One does realize the problems some of those Morgans would have in coming to be, right?
    Noire-Morgan: Robin won't touch her willing, extremely eager, and very nice bodied mother Tharja, but has a kid with the split personality daughter. I get the feeling that Tharja would kill one of (that) Morgan's parents, screw the consequences.
    Nah-Morgan: Need I really go into this one?
    Emmeryn-Morgan: Sure Robin, sleep with your boss' brain damaged older sister, that won't get you're ass kicked at all post game.
    Gangrel-Morgan: Yes, because having a kid with an insane murderer (ex-)king is a wonderful idea.

So, has anyone heard any good Fire Emblem related news recently?
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Dog View Post

Sadly no. I'm hoping to either hear at least an announcement of a new game, hopefully one that's localized, soon.

It would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath to see the older FE games on a Virtual Console.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

One does realize the problems some of those Morgans would have in coming to be, right?
    Noire-Morgan: Robin won't touch her willing, extremely eager, and very nice bodied mother Tharja, but has a kid with the split personality daughter. I get the feeling that Tharja would kill one of (that) Morgan's parents, screw the consequences.
    Nah-Morgan: Need I really go into this one?
    Emmeryn-Morgan: Sure Robin, sleep with your boss' brain damaged older sister, that won't get you're ass kicked at all post game.
    Gangrel-Morgan: Yes, because having a kid with an insane murderer (ex-)king is a wonderful idea.

Honestly, Nah Morgan is worth any amount of flak you have to take for it. Not that I did that in my game (MU married Lissa), but Nah-Morgan is absurdly good and my greatest regret is not having extra manakete. They're the only thing that's consistently powerful in insane difficulty.

Edit: Also, the mission to get Priam is stupid, and the Fire Emblem designers are stupid.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2014-04-14 at 11:08 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Honestly, Nah Morgan is worth any amount of flak you have to take for it. Not that I did that in my game (MU married Lissa), but Nah-Morgan is absurdly good and my greatest regret is not having extra manakete. They're the only thing that's consistently powerful in insane difficulty.

Edit: Also, the mission to get Priam is stupid, and the Fire Emblem designers are stupid.
    Only a little better defense than Tiki Morgan, and she's slow as polar drift.

Tiki Morgan also is, you know, the spawn of which is going to be fun down the line.

As for Priam, I can't help you with that.

I just turned Lucina's daughter loose on the battlefield teamed with her mom. When I looked back to the screen, the whole place was empty save the screams of the dying.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have a question about Lunatic mode. Why are the world map skirmishes so much harder than the regular chapters? It wasn't so bad at first, I had to have Fredrick solo the first one I did with Kellam buffing his defense and the second one was just barely doable thanks to choke points, but since then they've skyrocketed to clear unwinablility. All promoted enemies all the time with forged Silver weapons before chapter 6 unwinable.

Is it tied to Reeking Box use? That was when they started getting nuts. Or do they just scale wildly out of control past the first two chapters after they start to appear?

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sam cw View Post
    I have a question about Lunatic mode. Why are the world map skirmishes so much harder than the regular chapters? It wasn't so bad at first, I had to have Fredrick solo the first one I did with Kellam buffing his defense and the second one was just barely doable thanks to choke points, but since then they've skyrocketed to clear unwinablility. All promoted enemies all the time with forged Silver weapons before chapter 6 unwinable.

Is it tied to Reeking Box use? That was when they started getting nuts. Or do they just scale wildly out of control past the first two chapters after they start to appear?
    I think that is basically to do with the devs not wanting you to be able to grind in the Lunatic modes.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Even on Hard, the early random battles are noticeably tougher than a lot of the story missions. A lot of it is to do with the way Risen all rush your forces at once - if you're strong enough, that becomes a disadvantage because you can exploit the AI and carve them up. When it's early game though, that many troops rushing you at once is seriously tough.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think that is basically to do with the devs not wanting you to be able to grind in the Lunatic modes.
    I'm wondering if that's the case, but if so, I don't think they went far enough at first. I did beat the first two, even if it was pretty tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    Even on Hard, the early random battles are noticeably tougher than a lot of the story missions. A lot of it is to do with the way Risen all rush your forces at once - if you're strong enough, that becomes a disadvantage because you can exploit the AI and carve them up. When it's early game though, that many troops rushing you at once is seriously tough.
    Oh yeah, I've always known that the worst thing the AI could do would be just bum-rushing me, but Awakening is the first game to do that early enough to make it truly terrifying. Not that the AI needs to actually do anything to win when it's rocking out OHKOs and has even a single range 1-2 unit.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

And on My PoR run, I've almost finished leveling up Ike! He is hilariously overpowered at this point. I've sent him to solo three maps (not saving any of them mind you). The last map (which I will do for real after Ike gets his last level) I sent Ike to solo was Battle Reunion. The only things that hit Ike all battle was the rain and the Black Knight. What's more amusing is the fact that the BK had 55% hit chance.

For my other units: Oscar is turning out to be crap, Brom is doubling enemies, Boyd is becoming my spare archer, Rolf is murdering units, Volke is a near constant presence on the battlefield, Titania is destroying enemy units, Kieran is turning out wonderful, Mordecai is in need of defense, Soren is focusing on lightning magic, Mist is cutting down the enemy, Haar has been recruited, and I still miss being able to use Nephenee, Jill, Lethe and Ilyana.

1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

And on My PoR run, I've almost finished leveling up Ike! He is hilariously overpowered at this point. I've sent him to solo three maps (not saving any of them mind you). The last map (which I will do for real after Ike gets his last level) I sent Ike to solo was Battle Reunion. The only things that hit Ike all battle was the rain and the Black Knight. What's more amusing is the fact that the BK had 55% hit chance.

For my other units: Oscar is turning out to be crap, Brom is doubling enemies, Boyd is becoming my spare archer, Rolf is murdering units, Volke is a near constant presence on the battlefield, Titania is destroying enemy units, Kieran is turning out wonderful, Mordecai is in need of defense, Soren is focusing on lightning magic, Mist is cutting down the enemy, Haar has been recruited, and I still miss being able to use Nephenee, Jill, Lethe and Ilyana.
    Why can't you use Neph, Jill, Lethe, or Ilyana? It doesn't look like a male only run, since you have Mist and Titania.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

26. - Top - End - #86
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm wondering if that's the case, but if so, I don't think they went far enough at first. I did beat the first two, even if it was pretty tight.
    In Lunatic mode the enemies in random battles scale based on your army's levels, and it doesn't take long for them to cap their stats. Grinding in Lunatic was supposed to be practically impossible; if you summon a spotpass team to fight you'll find they give 1 xp per kill, and no weapon experience. The cheat DLCs break that paradigm pretty thoroughly, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TamerBill View Post
    In Lunatic mode the enemies in random battles scale based on your army's levels, and it doesn't take long for them to cap their stats. Grinding in Lunatic was supposed to be practically impossible; if you summon a spotpass team to fight you'll find they give 1 xp per kill, and no weapon experience. The cheat DLCs break that paradigm pretty thoroughly, though.
    Thanks for letting me know. That seems like a really poor and unfair way to do it though. Especially since it costs money from your limited reserve to hire Spotpass teams. It's not like you can't still cheese it out in other non-DLC ways ether, like Barracks events or massive renown bonuses.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks for letting me know. That seems like a really poor and unfair way to do it though. Especially since it costs money from your limited reserve to hire Spotpass teams. It's not like you can't still cheese it out in other non-DLC ways ether, like Barracks events or massive renown bonuses.
    Or you can just have Chrom and a Sorcerer Avatar solo maps with Nosferatu.

Lunatic isn't exactly sensibly balanced.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Why can't you use Neph, Jill, Lethe, or Ilyana? It doesn't look like a male only run, since you have Mist and Titania.
    The run was originally me being stupid and trying to get a stats capped Ike w/o using any stat boosters other than the boots. I then decided to not use any of my favorite units other than Ike (duh) and Mist, (who has to be taken into the fight w/ the Black Knight) any more than absolutely needed. Nephenee, Jill, Lethe, Ilyana, Astrid and Makalov were the list of my A-team.

EDIT: And Ike is now stat-capped Lvl 20. I can already hear the death screams of the Daein Army.
    Last edited by Laughing Dog; 2014-05-06 at 12:22 AM.

1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

As for Priam, I can't help you with that.

I just turned Lucina's daughter loose on the battlefield teamed with her mom. When I looked back to the screen, the whole place was empty save the screams of the dying.
    Yeah, I never did finish that mission. It's just not possible on insane for any one unit to handle what that fight throws at you unless you're in a position to buy the DLC that comes with the stat caps +10 skill and time to grind. I could probably have beaten it by setting up a battle line and allowing a few of my weaker units to die. The biggest problem for me was that it wasn't possible for just a couple strong units to hold up the enemy, I really needed one or two more units that could stand up against 5 or more attacks in a round.

I did beat the rest of the game and finished off the final boss though, so that's one lunatic run cleared.

I can't beat the third mission (chapter 2) in Lunatic+ though.

Yep, it's silly in that it's a mean way to sell the grinding DLC. But it's also legitimate in that the difficulty is supposed to really push you, not force you to grind for hours and then cheese it.

Or you can just have Chrom and a Sorcerer Avatar solo maps with Nosferatu.

Lunatic isn't exactly sensibly balanced.
    The hard part of Lunatic is the first 5 missions and the last 3 or so paralogues. Everything else is pretty easy once you get the main characters rolling and no longer need Frederick.

The run was originally me being stupid and trying to get a stats capped Ike w/o using any stat boosters other than the boots. I then decided to not use any of my favorite units other than Ike (duh) and Mist, (who has to be taken into the fight w/ the Black Knight) any more than absolutely needed. Nephenee, Jill, Lethe, Ilyana, Astrid and Makalov were the list of my A-team.

EDIT: And Ike is now stat-capped Lvl 20. I can already hear the death screams of the Daein Army.
    Yikes. Stat capped Ike pretty much annihilates Path of Radiance, even on the toughest levels.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes