New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Goblins XIV: Clerical Omission.

Run Freaf Run, updates regularly (AFAIK) every monday
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Is this thread just going to be a compendium of webcomics that update more regularly than Goblins?
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Depends if and when Goblins updates again, I suppose.
    Play your character, not your alignment.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Is this thread just going to be a compendium of webcomics that update more regularly than Goblins?
    Well...

We can't really discuss the strip with nothing new posted (although we could speculate the mind blow of the next three pages).

Everyone is frustrated with the silence from Thunt and Danielle, especially since Danielle said a post would be "coming very soon" from Tarol. Internet time says we have gone decades since then, while geological time says no time whatsoever has passed.

So, how will Thunt write his way out of this? Future Min-Max sword blocked current Min-Max, so clearly future Min-Max knows Forgoth will survive without Oblivious. There is a long drop to either side of the bridge, and Kin would probably appear in the same spot MM and F arrived. Or? Someone else?

The one thing that would NOT blow my mind is to cut away from Forgoth and go into another long dungeon crawl, culminating with Forgoth's rescue. Or death.
    Thanks to Ceika (X2), Yeril, Holammer and Dr. Bath for the Avatars!
    New Avatar, new form of self-destruction! Ceika is Beyond Awesome!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing HalfOrc View Post
    So, how will Thunt write his way out of this? Future Min-Max sword blocked current Min-Max, so clearly future Min-Max knows Forgoth will survive without Oblivious.
    Huh? No, that's not what happened here. Like, at all.

Minmax simply forgot (no pun intended) that Oblivious cannot exist without him, so he tried to pass it to Forgath, but since that's not possible, he just ended up grabbing it himself again. Minmax from panel 4 can be heard in panel 8. Minmax in panel 9 is talking to Minmax in panel 10, and vice versa. There is no future Minmax that knows that Forgath will survive without Oblivious.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

6. - Top - End - #66

Well, if you want something to talk about:

I have been watching this video. While I think many points in it are very debatable, I find it also very entertaining. When I saw the last part about the Ewoks, it reminded me of Goblins. I can't understand everything the speaker says, but I wonder if you think that his opinions could also go for the comic.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

7. - Top - End - #67

The update clock has changed! It now reads,

"Updates are on hold for now, due to urgent, private reasons. More info will arise eventually! Please be patient. Thanks!"

Other than that, though, nothing new.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground

Frankly it sounds like there was some kind of emergency, which sucks but I don't upset with them not telling us. I mean, it could be something which is very personal, like one of his kids getting injured, and I can understand his not wanting to work with that. As to the update thing, here is the thing, there there is a very different art style involved. Not only is Goblins colored, shaded, and involves large back grounds, bear in mind that perspective is a big deal. Questionable Content is a great comic and the fact that they update regularly is pretty remarkable but most of the art is at a single angle. http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2096 I am not an artist so I don't know the technical term, but its the 3 wall thing, with the 4th wall facing the viewer, they are in the same field of view. GOblins on the other hand has the "camera" if you will constantly changing with very complicated fight scenes. Take the shot we are stuck on now, the "camera" angle changes 5 times in a single page. Sorry i'm a film student trying to talk comics

9. - Top - End - #69

ClericGirl

Those of you who live in Canada: is there any chance someone might be trying to peg him for hate speech? There have been a lot of stupid Twitter kerfuffles to that effect.
    Don't blame me. I voted for Kodos.

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by DomaDoma View Post
    Those of you who live in Canada: is there any chance someone might be trying to peg him for hate speech? There have been a lot of stupid Twitter kerfuffles to that effect.
    Whats going on?

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CowardlyPaladin View Post
    Whats going on?
    THunt's been MIA since about Valentine's Day, and the update clock now says: "Updates are on hold for now, due to urgent, private reasons. More info will arise eventually! Please be patient. Thanks!"

And so naturally people are speculating he's fled the country with the Kickstarter money.

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by BannedInSchool View Post
    THunt's been MIA since about Valentine's Day, and the update clock now says: "Updates are on hold for now, due to urgent, private reasons. More info will arise eventually! Please be patient. Thanks!"

And so naturally people are speculating he's fled the country with the Kickstarter money.
    No the hate speech stuff, everybody knows that Thunt fled to Shanghai with the kickstarter money

13. - Top - End - #73

ClericGirl

It seems that every couple of weeks he makes tweets that get dogpiled for being [insert gender-based bigotry here], and he also says he's an MRA in his profile. (He says he's a feminist in the same breath, but I can easily see that not mattering.) I just don't know how seriously Canada takes that sort of thing.
    Last edited by DomaDoma; 2014-03-08 at 01:52 PM.
    Don't blame me. I voted for Kodos.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

It seems that every couple of weeks he makes tweets that get dogpiled for being [insert gender-based bigotry here],
    Some before he disappeared, and the last example I'm aware of, he did tweet a raspberry at the "men must be manly" crowd by saying he was going to go wear women's underwear and work at a pink desk, but an entirely different group thought he was mocking them.

I don't know that would result in legal action, but I wouldn't be surprised if the backlash would have contributed to a "@#$% you, Internet. You're all crazy" breakdown. Or maybe someone finally escalated it beyond angry bytes and that resulted in a total freak-out.

15. - Top - End - #75

It seems that every couple of weeks he makes tweets that get dogpiled for being [insert gender-based bigotry here], and he also says he's an MRA in his profile. (He says he's a feminist in the same breath, but I can easily see that not mattering.) I just don't know how seriously Canada takes that sort of thing.
    Where, exactly? His twitter profile is basically "goblins"

16. - Top - End - #76

Quote Originally Posted by BannedInSchool View Post

I'd think of a second honeymoon.
    Right date? Check.
    The money? Check.
    As unreachable as possible? Check.
    Engaged in "very personal activities" most of the time? Check.

But I fear it's something serious.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

17. - Top - End - #77
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

From a poster on the Goblins Forums:
    Theory: Tarol has Jury Duty. No access to newspapers, computers, or anything else that could influence him. Obviously, this includes people who aren't involved in the legal thing. Danielle has been asked to say no more about it until after it is over.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Well there is already one guy who had charges pressed against him in Canada for arguing with a feminist so it is something that could happen if one decided he sounded harasing enough.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Sounds like a stretch, they didn't show up in the middle of the night to take you away for jury duty, there's no reason for him not to make some sort of announcement himself.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Banned

Plus there's no real reason they couldn't just say "hey, he has jury duty." You don't have to go disclosing actual case details.

21. - Top - End - #81

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    This and any other believable "legal issues" theories don't make sense: Danielle just wouldn't be legally prevented/advised against letting fans know the simple fact there were legal issues. Jury Duty, copyright suit, whatever, there are plenty of reasons that would either keep Thunt from the internet, or freeze/take down the site, but I can't imagine a realistic one that would prevent Thunt indirectly letting us know that nebulous "legal issues" existed (without the whole site just vanishing - it's an odd middle ground). You only see that sort of thing in computer-related criminal cases, and I just can't imagine that scenario.

It's frankly gotten a bit creepy, being far beyond any sort of webcomic artist flakiness. I could certainly see it being something very personal, but given the sort of things Thunt has already shared with readers, if it were merely something some people would be embarrassed by (the "Thunt in the nuthouse" theory), I think we'd know. My best wishes to them, and I really hope what's going on isn't as disturbing as I'm imagining!
    Last edited by Skorj; 2014-03-08 at 05:37 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82

Quote Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post
    Sounds like a stretch, they didn't show up in the middle of the night to take you away for jury duty, there's no reason for him not to make some sort of announcement himself.
    -WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?! WHAT DO YOU--
    -Shhh, don't scream, it won't help you. You're in the jury now.
    -NOOO!!! Let me say goodbye to my wife! And children! And my ex! And my followers on twitter!
    -Lol nope. (as they throw him in the back of a truck with a dozen of such people).

23. - Top - End - #83

Frankly it most likely was some kind of emergency, either involving THunt or his family, and Danielle doesn't feel like things are stable enough to tell the community. Better no update than a premature one. I mean, imagine the single worse possible situation, something happened to his kids, I don't think anybody would be in a state of mind to maintain the website.

As to the men's rights thing, I don't want to get into the details too much but real life politics, but if anybody could Private Message me the details of what group if any he is affliated with that would be great, there are certain MA groups I really dislike and I would be curious to see his views. The comic itself seems moderately feminism.

24. - Top - End - #84

Frankly it most likely was some kind of emergency, either involving THunt or his family, and Danielle doesn't feel like things are stable enough to tell the community. Better no update than a premature one. I mean, imagine the single worse possible situation, something happened to his kids, I don't think anybody would be in a state of mind to maintain the website.

As to the men's rights thing, I don't want to get into the details too much but real life politics, but if anybody could Private Message me the details of what group if any he is affliated with that would be great, there are certain MA groups I really dislike and I would be curious to see his views. The comic itself seems moderately feminism.
    PM isn't an appropriate format for that; you can ask a user to share such views via email.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    PM isn't an appropriate format for that; you can ask a user to share such views via email.
    eh.. what?
    Playing Magic? Interested in trading? Try Pucatrade!

Trading cards for pucapoints, which you can use to have people send you cards. Just shoot me a message if you got questions.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The rules of the forum apply to PMs as much as they do to public posts.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

27. - Top - End - #87

I'm going to be blunt - I don't think he is. Until a better source is provided, I'm going to assume he is rumor mongering. That said, if somebody would like to refute me, I can be reached via my username at a yahoo email account.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Colossus in the Playground

Obviously this is all a fiction. There is no emergency, its just that his "next three pages" are so intricate and involved, they are like a full scale movie all by themselves for detail and he has gotten carried away, constantly going back and adding more details and more awesomeness as it occurs to him. They will be so huge that we have to manually download them just to view them on our computers, and will require a 1 gig chunk of free space per page. But we wont mind, for our very souls shall be set alight by the magnificence and beauty that will be unfolding before our eyes as Forgath is chopped into itty bitty screaming pieces and his soul is torn out to be attached to Kores IME.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I honestly think it must be legal issues or health issues.

Thunt has always kept his readers in the loop. The only two things that could possibly keep him from updating us would have to be one of the two mentioned above.

I think it may have something to do with the card game. I wonder if he possibly partnered with the wrong person or company and now they could be in a rights battle. If one party has raised the question of creative rights to anything related to Goblins then he would not be allowed to publish anything relevant to the Goblins brand. There could also be a gag order in place till after the hearing.

Those are just my thoughts....

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    -WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?! WHAT DO YOU--
    -Shhh, don't scream, it won't help you. You're in the jury now.
    -NOOO!!! Let me say goodbye to my wife! And children! And my ex! And my followers on twitter!
    -Lol nope. (as they throw him in the back of a truck with a dozen of such people).
    That was how it went for me.
    Kidding