New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Goblins XIV: Clerical Omission.

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    If your forum location is accurate and up to date, your time zone is GMT +1 (and in summer time, GMT +2), not GMT -3.
    And is called CET, Central European Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    So, if I'm not mistaken it is 5:04 EDT right now, and no Blog post.
    He still has 2 hours, 56 minutes to beat the PDT threshold... :)
    Huh? Is there some reason to assume he has to post the blog post by 5 PM of his time? Because all his twitter said was he would post it "tomorrow sometime" (i.e., today), which for him still lasts for 10 hours (minus fifteen minutes).
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    If your forum location is accurate and up to date, your time zone is GMT +1 (and in summer time, GMT +2), not GMT -3.

EDT, EST, and PDT correspond to American time zones.
    My forum location is accurate and i am in GMT -3, the same time zone as Rio. But i never called it EDT, of course.
    Actually, i don't get why GMT-3 is a thing in north america since New York and Montréal are in GMT-5?
    Last edited by Petrocorus; 2014-03-19 at 04:32 PM.
    Que tous les anciens dieux et les nouveaux protègent la France.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
    Sun Tzu never had tier problems. If he had to deal with D&D, the Art of War would read "Full casters or GTFO".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Louis XIII in The Musketeers
    Common sense is for commoners, not for [ PC ].

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Petrocorus View Post
    My forum location is accurate and i am in GMT -3, the same time zone as Rio. But i never called it EDT, of course.
    Actually, i don't get why GMT-3 is a thing in north america since New York and Montréal are in GMT-5?
    But... Ohhh. Overseas departments. I see.
    I think neither Gez nor me thought of French Guiana or whichever other overseas region you happen to reside in when we read "France", hence the confusion.

GMT-3 is used in Greenland and some easternmost parts of the mainland (which is all Canadian, I believe).
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

You know, if he stops updating goblins, i wonder if anyone will make a spin-off to continue the world hes set up? Like, remember the ex-goblinslayer torture victums that decided to become pc's as well? Someone could always make a side-story about them.

5. - Top - End - #185

NecromancerGuy

Am I missing something, or has the promised blog post not happened?

6. - Top - End - #186
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by runeghost View Post
    Am I missing something, or has the promised blog post not happened?
    Honestly, at this point it would have been much more surprising if they actually kept a deadline.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2014-03-20 at 12:35 AM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

He posted this on his twitter just now.

This blog is kinda terrifying to write. I've been struggling with it for the last few days and I'm still struggling now.
    The blog is still coming today, but please note that "today" equals 'before I go to bed tonight'.
    Also, although I'm tweeting right now, I'm still not reading any tweets @ me, emails, forum threads, etc. yet.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thunt
    This blog is kinda terrifying to write.
    That sounds like he did burnout. But we'll see soon.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

He posted this on his twitter just now.
    Well that sure is something, curious what he'll post.

My 100% original pixelart fantasy webcomic, Hero oh Hero.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Right now, with this pic on Twitter, i'm feeling trolled...

11. - Top - End - #191
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by YeahThatGuy View Post
    That sounds like he did burnout. But we'll see soon.
    Sounds not unlikely, well once I stop being distracted by reading about the new oculus rift dev kit there will probably be a post^^

12. - Top - End - #192
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Daywalker1983 View Post
    Right now, with this pic on Twitter, i'm feeling trolled...
    Can you repost it, or describe it, for those of us that can't see it?

13. - Top - End - #193

The more I work on this blog, the less sense it makes. It's 6:37am. I'm going to bed. In the meantime...
    Off to a good start. Didn't he just stretch the meaning of "today" to "before I go to bed"?
    Here's clip of a pic I drew to go along with the blog I'll be posting. Which'll hopefully help explain what happened. http://t.co/hyYb8fbzud

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zejety View Post
    Off to a good start. Didn't he just stretch the meaning of "today" to "before I go to bed"?
    Is this really surprising considering how well Thunt kept his schedule? ;)

Though posting pics like that doesn't help in taking him seriously - if anyone still did that.
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2014-03-20 at 09:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

So what I take from this picture is that he lost either the pages he had been working on, or the entire physical comic archive, by some freak accident? And that frustrated him enough to put him out of commission for a while?
    Last edited by Winterwind; 2014-03-20 at 09:58 AM.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

seems like hes got a burnout trying to maintain the schedule. would also fit with him not reasing twitter comments and emails. poor sod
    Playing Magic? Interested in trading? Try Pucatrade!

Trading cards for pucapoints, which you can use to have people send you cards. Just shoot me a message if you got questions.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

The thing that really bugs me about Thunt is that he seems really unprofessional about what is currently his actual job. He can't set realistic goals, he makes excuses (or in this case just goes off the grid completely) etc. And the funny thing is, it would take so very *little* for him to act like a professional. I mean, Rich updates intermittently, but he's always been extremely up front and forthright about that, and I always respected him for it, you know? You've got an artist saying, "I'm going to do this at my own pace," and that's perfectly reasonable - and I keep coming back and checking this site, and I've never been let down by the quality or consistency. If Thunt just did that, his life would be so much easier (especially since, lack of professionalism aside, he seems to be doing pretty well from his art - between the kickstarter and the house stuff, that's pretty impressive funding!)

And I wouldn't have had a problem with him just saying, "Some personal stuff came up, dealing with it right now, will be back when it's sorted." He's got every right to keep his personal life private - he doesn't owe anybody any explanations. But this "hey, I'll let you know soon, where 'soon' is a variable amount of time ranging from tomorrow to the end of time" approach... I mean, that's rude, frankly. That's stringing people along.

Ugh.
    DM: You come to a fork in the road.
    PC: I pick it up and put it in my pocket.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    So what I take from this picture is that he lost either the pages he had been working on, or the entire physical comic archive, by some freak accident? And that frustrated him enough to put him out of commission for a while?
    The walls behind the pages could pass as burnt, the edges of the pages are also burnt. Sooo...a fire?

19. - Top - End - #199

Anxiety and wanting to please people can do that to you.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Suvar View Post
    You've got an artist saying, "I'm going to do this at my own pace," and that's perfectly reasonable - and I keep coming back and checking this site, and I've never been let down by the quality or consistency. If Thunt just did that, his life would be so much easier
    With Thunt this would most likely result in updates so infrequent, that most people would simply drop the comic completely...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I just find it interesting that instead of taking a few moments to write a small description and think on the right words, he draws a comic that explains nothing and can be taken a multitude of ways?
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

22. - Top - End - #202

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    I just find it interesting that instead of taking a few moments to write a small description and think on the right words, he draws a comic that explains nothing and can be taken a multitude of ways?
    Including but not restricted to, "Why didn't he draw a comic page instead?"

23. - Top - End - #203

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    C'mon, he's an artist.
    If he has had some kind of burnout - which I think it is - it will be very tough and pretty embarassing to talk about it. However, drawing how he feels could possibly relieve some of the stress.

Not saying it's a good idea to post it without text, because, well, why would you? But I understand that's it's a tough time.

24. - Top - End - #204

In all honesty, the fact that he did say something, even though it was very little, made me stick around these several weeks. If he had just gone completely dark, with no mention of an emergency, I would have just assumed the comic was abandoned, and abandoned it in turn. Even though the details were promised, and not delivered (as of yet), I'm just happy that he bothered to let us know that something had happened, and the comic would return some day. I've seen better comics die suddenly with no explanation from the author, so at least this is a better situation.

25. - Top - End - #205

Out of curiosity do y'all read blogposts, tweets etc. from every webcomic you read? (Well I do of course always read the comment under Gunnerkriggcourt comics because they are super important and tell you important things like who isn't Eglamore, but I normally don't read stuff not directly connected to a comic page, like the goblin tweets)

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

I generally do, I find that it is the best way for an creator to keep in touch with the audience. That goes double for Thunt who tends to heavily socialize with his readers.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

27. - Top - End - #207

SamuraiGirl

I've been hoping for info on this webcomic's hiatus for weeks: thanks for the information, guys.

28. - Top - End - #208

I read the ones for my favorites, or ones that offer interesting information. If it looks like the author just uses their blog/twitter for mundane personal details, I'll learn to ignore it.

Like, if an author occasionally talks about behind-the-scenes comic details, or links to something they made on another site that I don't normally look at, I'll follow it. If they just complain about their day job, or talk about how awesome their day is going, I ignore it.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Othniel Edden View Post
    Anxiety and wanting to please people can do that to you.
    Indeed. I think we should be lenient with him. He apparently has been under a lot of stress of late, and we now what stress can do to someone. Talking about it might be morally / nervously difficult for him, something i believe is highly understandable. I personally won't blame him for having to wait nor even for his silence. I think we should just be patient and wait for info and new comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    But... Ohhh. Overseas departments. I see.
    I think neither Gez nor me thought of French Guiana or whichever other overseas region you happen to reside in when we read "France", hence the confusion.
    I didn't expected anyone to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane_Smith View Post
    You know, if he stops updating goblins, i wonder if anyone will make a spin-off to continue the world hes set up? Like, remember the ex-goblinslayer torture victums that decided to become pc's as well? Someone could always make a side-story about them.
    Oh yes, Yala's Adventuring Party, with Yala, the mute Kobold without leg, the other bragging grey kobold whose name appear in some axe story, the 2 hobgoblins and the blind ogre. I really would like to see something from Thunt about that.
    Que tous les anciens dieux et les nouveaux protègent la France.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
    Sun Tzu never had tier problems. If he had to deal with D&D, the Art of War would read "Full casters or GTFO".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Louis XIII in The Musketeers
    Common sense is for commoners, not for [ PC ].

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
    Out of curiosity do y'all read blogposts, tweets etc. from every webcomic you read? (Well I do of course always read the comment under Gunnerkriggcourt comics because they are super important and tell you important things like who isn't Eglamore, but I normally don't read stuff not directly connected to a comic page, like the goblin tweets)
    Usually only if they stop updating for some reason, to find out why and when I can expect them to resume business and usual.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll