New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 243940414243444546474849
Results 1,441 to 1,459 of 1459
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    You know, I might just press my claim on the Heartwaste. Diplomatically of course.

In related news, looking at the rules for lieges/wards makes me want to establish protectorates, but alas... None of the states bordering my own qualifies as they all have too much land of their own. I shall have to find another avenue through which to express my imperialist tendencies.
    Hmm, looking over them again myself I have a question. The main benefit for the Liege state is gaining resources but we established early on that a nation cannot trade resources that it receives in trade. IE, if I sent 2 stacks of lumber to Hrathan-Tuor they cannot then trade one of those stacks to another player. That's why trades have all been single stack arrangements. Would this change or change only in respect to liege-ward "trade" relationships or not change at all in which case the Liege is very unlikely to want much tribute since they will have no way to utilize it.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Hmm, looking over them again myself I have a question. The main benefit for the Liege state is gaining resources but we established early on that a nation cannot trade resources that it receives in trade. IE, if I sent 2 stacks of lumber to Hrathan-Tuor they cannot then trade one of those stacks to another player. That's why trades have all been single stack arrangements. Would this change or change only in respect to liege-ward "trade" relationships or not change at all in which case the Liege is very unlikely to want much tribute since they will have no way to utilize it.
    Well, my understanding of it was you could demand any two resources. Those need not be the same resource. Or, even if they do, you have multiple regions to send them to.

@Elemental: I am planning on installing Valineth on her throne. As in, as her own, free leader. None of that "you're the ruler, but not really" stuff.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ettin in the Playground

Concerning the liege-ward relationship, a liege state must have at least two regions, so in that case, they can simply state the extra stacks go to their other regions. After all, it doesn't state that they have to go to their main region.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    @Elemental: I am planning on installing Valineth on her throne. As in, as her own, free leader. None of that "you're the ruler, but not really" stuff.
    In that case, may the best installation win.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Troll in the Playground

Well, my understanding of it was you could demand any two resources. Those need not be the same resource. Or, even if they do, you have multiple regions to send them to.

I suppose it could be for multiple regions but even that doesn't seem necessary since having more of a resource gives no benefit above having one and the full on vassal level has them giving you 6 stacks of stuff and since they can't have more than one region and be a vassal and there's a cap of 5 good or better resources in a region you have to be getting at least one duplicate that by current trade rules does bupkis.

EDIT: The way trade works having one stack of an import covers your need in all your lands because you can transport it there when it's needed for anything. Having two regions you control both importing lumber does nothing more than having a single region you control importing lumber. That's how trade works as is as it was set up in a way to keep things simple and streamlined, but introducing a mechanic (liege lords) based around the trade/import mechanic prompts a need for an overhaul or rule change regarding trading traded resources.
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-04-04 at 08:37 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1445

biggrin Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

I suppose it could be for multiple regions but even that doesn't seem necessary since having more of a resource gives no benefit above having one and the full on vassal level has them giving you 6 stacks of stuff and since they can't have more than one region and be a vassal and there's a cap of 5 good or better resources in a region you have to be getting at least one duplicate that by current trade rules does bupkis.
    Sure it does. Let's say that I colonize two regions that require metal imports, and a third that requires lumber. In addition, none of these colonies have good food sources. Now, conviently, my vassal state has lumber, metal and grain resources. If they send all of their grain to my colonies, and two of their metal and one of their lumber, then I just satisfied all of the needs of my colonial empire. So more than one of a resource can be useful.

EDIT, responding to an edit: Really? My understanding always was that you need to have, at the very least, resource imports satisfied in every region. So I need two stacks of iron to satisfy two metal import needs.
    Last edited by Lord_Burch; 2014-04-04 at 08:40 PM.

A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ogre in the Playground

You know, I might just press my claim on the Heartwaste. Diplomatically of course.
    I quite enjoy this decision I must say.

For multiple reasons.

I am planning on installing Valineth on her throne. As in, as her own, free leader. None of that "you're the ruler, but not really" stuff.
    So you're planning to have a neato NPC queen stabilize the region before you inherit it? Hmmm. 「DISCLAIMER - This may or may not be what I think you're actually doing.」

Actually, technically her mother Kynvessa was the Thorn Queen and a vassal of Sanctuary 「fluff only」 so Valineth would be the heir to the Throne of Thorns, but likely as a vassal of Sanctuary. It depends on what she does and what happens there. In this universe, Elder Yuuhi's been abandonned by his advisors and as such the region's fracturing.

/wink wink, nudge nudge

Having two regions you control both importing lumber does nothing more than having a single region you control importing lumber.
    Ah also, just in case I missed something does importing multiples of your import necessity do anything special?

I ask because I never properly figured this one out, but was planning on importing a couple of stacks for them anyway. In particular, wood for Yorukuni because they really love extravagant architecture with a variety of interesting materials.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Troll in the Playground

Sure it does. Let's say that I colonize two regions that require metal imports, and a third that requires lumber. In addition, none of these colonies have good food sources. Now, conviently, my vassal state has lumber, metal and grain resources. If they send all of their grain to my colonies, and two of their metal and one of their lumber, then I just satisfied all of the needs of my colonial empire. So more than one of a resource can be useful.

EDIT, responding to an edit: Really? My understanding always was that you need to have, at the very least, resource imports satisfied in every region. So I need two stacks of iron to satisfy two metal import needs.
    You're absolutely right in regards to import necessities. If you've got duplicate import necessities in two regions you'll need two stacks, one to each region, to satisfy them. But speaking for myself I have no duplicate import needs and and it seems like most multi-region nations don't though I haven't looked too hard into it. However, if you're at the point where you're taking vassals you probably have your imports covered by trade and while it might be nice to have them covered via tribute I would wager that to in fact be much less stable than trade, and considering the relative uselessness of any amount of stacks above one in a single region there's not likely to be much desire for you to end trading whatever you're trading for your import need.

In any event, even to cover repeat import needs that seems a significantly acute situation that would make it valuable to be getting more resources from a ward state. It just seems very specific in scope and honestly seems to be giving the shorter end of the stick to the Liege state. That is unless resources received by tribute are eligible for trade with other nations though that gets somewhat confusing considering traded resources can't be treated that way. If traded resources are allowed to be 'double traded' the same way however it means a whole new layer of complication.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post

For multiple reasons.

So you're planning to have a neato NPC queen stabilize the region before you inherit it? Hmmm. 「DISCLAIMER - This may or may not be what I think you're actually doing.」

Actually, technically her mother Kynvessa was the Thorn Queen and a vassal of Sanctuary 「fluff only」 so Valineth would be the heir to the Throne of Thorns, but likely as a vassal of Sanctuary. It depends on what she does and what happens there. In this universe, Elder Yuuhi's been abandonned by his advisors and as such the region's fracturing.

/wink wink, nudge nudge

Ah also, just in case I missed something does importing multiples of your import necessity do anything special?

I ask because I never properly figured this one out, but was planning on importing a couple of stacks for them anyway. In particular, wood for Yorukuni because they really love extravagant architecture with a variety of interesting materials.
    I do think Morph is trying to push a PC to take up the NPC regions that were abandoned. That seems to be the point behind it.

I suppose, but the Tekorvans seem pretty lost since the Yorukun abandoned them (still not 100% sure what happened there), she could probably turn it on it's head and take Sanctuary as well. I actually really want to get my hands of Yorukuni cause I quite liked the fluff there but I have no claim, I've tried contacting them and contacting Kynvessa I'm hoping that this coming talk might give me a chance to go for it. I probably won't get it but I'm happy I'm even involved, that means there might be a chance.

I don't believe so. Not at this point anyway. Having multiple stacks really does nothing right now. I don't know if that will need to change or not, as Burch and I are discussing. What excellent timing we have, a rules issue when Morph is away haha
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-04-04 at 08:59 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1448

For multiple reasons.

/wink wink, nudge nudge

Well, what I do largely depends on what she asks me to do, really. My plan generally involved some sort of agreement making the HW whatever that lowest form of vassal state is. Protectorate? Anyway, other than that and having a couple thousand Bordeusi troops in her lands at all times- for defense purposes, of course- she would be completely free from my control. Also, what with all of the rumors about Kynvessa and Sanctuary, I thought it prudent to hear her out.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

That is unless resources received by tribute are eligible for trade with other nations though that gets somewhat confusing considering traded resources can't be treated that way. If traded resources are allowed to be 'double traded' the same way however it means a whole new layer of complication.
    I had a thought. Is this perhaps like the 'tribute' that Guilder and Kasumor got from Razdis and Eyrecradia?

As in, the stack of resources is not traded to them per se. They can treat it as one of their own. eg. 「NOT CANON because I'm too lazy and have to go to work」 Kasumor can trade 5B squid for 17A stone as the squid is Kasumor's not Eyrecradia's even though the squid is in Eyrecradia's land.

Well, what I do largely depends on what she asks me to do, really. My plan generally involved some sort of agreement making the HW whatever that lowest form of vassal state is. Protectorate? Anyway, other than that and having a couple thousand Bordeusi troops in her lands at all times- for defense purposes, of course- she would be completely free from my control. Also, what with all of the rumors about Kynvessa and Sanctuary, I thought it prudent to hear her out.
    Mm, interesting.

Also, yes. Learning more about these rumours would be something I would do as well just because I have no idea what's really going on there.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-04-04 at 09:00 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1450

I had a thought. Is this perhaps like the 'tribute' that Guilder and Kasumor got from Razdis and Eyrecradia?

As in, the stack of resources is not traded to them per se. They can treat it as one of their own. eg. 「NOT CANON because I'm too lazy and have to go to work」 Kasumor can trade 5B squid for 17A stone as the squid is Kasumor's not Eyrecradia's even though the squid is in Eyrecradia's land.
    Doesn't Kasumor own 5B now?

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

Doesn't Kasumor own 5B now?
    Yes, he does.

Though for a round or two it was a shared region.

A better example would be the Razdis-Guilder agreement but I don't have time to find the details for a good example right now. >.>

Soz.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Troll in the Playground

Mm, interesting.

Also, yes. Learning more about these rumours would be something I would do as well just because I have no idea what's really going on there.
    See slow edit to my previous post for a response to your earlier quote.

I thought it might be something similar since the region under Guilder has it listed that Guilder is treated as having access to all its resources. It might be something like that, essentially making those local resources and thus tradable.

I believe Kasumor does have all of 5B now.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ogre in the Playground

I suppose, but the Tekorvans seem pretty lost since the Yorukun abandoned them (still not 100% sure what happened there), she could probably turn it on it's head and take Sanctuary as well. I actually really want to get my hands of Yorukuni cause I quite liked the fluff there but I have no claim, I've tried contacting them and contacting Kynvessa I'm hoping that this coming talk might give me a chance to go for it. I probably won't get it but I'm happy I'm even involved, that means there might be a chance.

I don't believe so. Not at this point anyway. Having multiple stacks really does nothing right now. I don't know if that will need to change or not, as Burch and I are discussing. What excellent timing we have, a rules issue when Morph is away haha
    Yes, exactly. After all, the Aura affects them more strongly than other beings so having the majority of the authority up and leave is going to plunge the region into much confusion like that.

Actually, that's what I was thinking as well of Kynvessa/Valineth but I was keeping my mouth shut.

The Ignato Empire is an Ally of Sanctuary after all. You very likely can get a good marriage out of it. Perhaps even the current Tekorvan Elder is interested in speaking with the Military Might that is the Ignato?

Mmm, I was thinking the import necessity removes a population penalty but I didn't look closely at whether multiples add a small bonus to population growth or not. I admit to being lazy as all hell!

See slow edit to my previous post for a response to your earlier quote.

I thought it might be something similar since the region under Guilder has it listed that Guilder is treated as having access to all its resources. It might be something like that, essentially making those local resources and thus tradable.

I believe Kasumor does have all of 5B now.
    Mmm, sorry I missed that. Awesome.

Yes, though I thought one stack of each of them was under Guilderene control for trade purposes? My mistake.

Yes, yes indeed 5B is entirely a part of the Hurosha Empire I do believe. ^^

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, exactly. After all, the Aura affects them more strongly than other beings so having the majority of the authority up and leave is going to plunge the region into much confusion like that.

Actually, that's what I was thinking as well of Kynvessa/Valineth but I was keeping my mouth shut.

The Ignato Empire is an Ally of Sanctuary after all. You very likely can get a good marriage out of it. Perhaps even the current Tekorvan Elder is interested in speaking with the Military Might that is the Ignato?

Mmm, I was thinking the import necessity removes a population penalty but I didn't look closely at whether multiples add a small bonus to population growth or not. I admit to being lazy as all hell!

Mmm, sorry I missed that. Awesome.

Yes, though I thought one stack of each of them was under Guilderene control for trade purposes? My mistake.

Yes, yes indeed 5B is entirely a part of the Hurosha Empire I do believe. ^^
    The rising Tekorvan elder is to be married to King Hroar of the Glazfel I believe and though I'm not interested in Tekorva I feel like Yorukuni and Tekorva are a package deal so if it goes to Glazfel I'll probably lose any shot at it. To be fair it's on the other side of the world and not tactically a good decision at all but the image of the giant underground city, once Dwarven, long abandoned by it's original owners and taken by the mysterious, intelligent, and guileful Yorukun who seemed like the cool ancient race one would try and collect the works of in an adventure set 200 years from now just really seemed mega awesome and I wanted to be able to have researchers living there, exploring and trying to figure things out, maybe running into a Yorukun who didn't disappear or finding some cool forgotten artifact. It just seems like that kinda place. Basically their whole "ancient underground empire vibe" seemed cool and I want(ed) to explore that.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1455

Don't mind me, just putting the country data of Sulvan's Fury and Eyrecradia here so I can access it more easily.

I really like the Yorukun. I've got no idea what they're planning, or why, but I still like them.
    And now I kind of want to write some Tellurian adventures. 'T1: City of the Yorukun' perhaps?

Spoiler: Sulvan's Fury and Eyrecradia
    Show
    Sulvan Primarchy
    Sulvan Meritocray
    Sulvan's Folk

Region name: Sulvan's Fury
    Region: 21
    Terrain: Mountains, Valleys, Rivers
    Population: 69,000
    People: Dwarven
    Resources: Coal, Iron, Mithril
    Imports: Food
    Religion: Paragons, Lord of Fire
    Technologies: No additional technologies.

"Clan, Craftsmen, Miners, Honor!"

Spoiler: Terrain
    Show
    "In a time long passed, Sulvan came to the these great mountains in search of a place to settle his people. When he arrived he found a great mountain range, covered with forests of pines, searing through the clouds and piercing the deep blue skies. But the mountain was occupied by fierce white giants, who refused Sulvan's folk the right to settle. Angered and furious Sulvan rose his hammer and struck the great mountain four times. With each strike the earth shook violently and fire began to spew into the air from the hurt mountains. Through the anger of Sulvan the mountains cracked and swallowed the white giants whole, and after the rivers of fire and trembling mountains stopped, the once great unitary mountain range had divided forever, by three great vales. All three vales came from the mountains and towards the south welcoming Sulvan's folk to settle them and their mountains, and so they did. And so they renamed their new home Sulvan's Fury."

Sulvan's Fury is home to three great valleys surrounded by great, tall mountains. In an almost pristine alpine climate and environment. The mountains are great, tall and white, vales wide and green, and lakes pristine blue. Because of the climate and soil agriculture is only present towards the southern most part of the land, farther away from the mountains. The vales are each passed by a great river flowing with crystal clarity towards the south, accompanied by lush forests of pine and alpine trees.

The western vale is called the Eneyr Vale, whom hosts the Eneyr River and Woods. The eastern vale is called Arez Vale which forms the eastern border of the Fury, and whom hosts the Arez River and Woodlands. And in the center north is the Jearr Vale, where the Idour and Faer Waterways meet and form the Jearr River, which heads down south to eventually meet the Eneyr River.

To the west of Eneyr Vale are the Draedan Mountains which form the western border of the Fury. Between the Eneyr and Jearr Vales stands the great Sulvan's Summit, the largest mountain of the Fury. Sulvan's Hammer mountain range spans from the southern most point of the Eneyr Vale all the way to the north east of the Fury, serving as the shield at the back of the Arez Vale. And lastly to the north, between Idour and Faer Waterway are the Lakr Heights which form part of the northern border of the Fury.

- Sulvan's Hammer form the tallest and longest mountain range in the Fury. Spanning from the southern most point of the Eneyr Vale it travels to the north east of the Fury, bordered to the west by the Jearr Vale and to the east by the Arez Vale.The Hammer stands an eternal vigil, piercing the havens as it serves as a shield, protecting the inside of the Fury.
    - Sulvan's Summit is the largest unitary mountain in the Fury. Situated east of Eneyr Vale and west of the Jearr Vale, this mountain dwarfs in size all others around with its sheer size, not in size, but is mass. Its great size leaves no alternatives to surface dwellers but to circle the entire mountain through either the Jearr Vale or Eneyr Vale.
    - Sulvan's Fortune is the vast great chasm that pierces the Summit, and leads into the great covered vale underneath the Summit. Inside there is the fourth and unseen vale of the Fury. The Fortune hosts its own lakes and forests, which receive their light through the great chasm piercing the Summit, allowing for its own ecosystem to thrive unhindered by the outside world.

Spoiler: People
    Show
    Sulvan's Folk, singular Sulvan or plural Sulvai, are sturdy, rough but merry bunch. They are dedicated to their crafts and clan, and have little to no interest in the affairs of surface folk. They either work on the soil of the Fury gathering lumber or game, or in the underbelly of the Fury, mining or digging. After all that work however, no matter their craft, they all gather in the many taverns that dot the landscape of the Sulvai's many underground cities, and all make merry to cheer another passed day.

They have a clear view of everyone's place in their society as such the Sulvai society is formed out of Castes. The Caste system is based upon skill and merit. At the age of maturity, when a young Sulvan passes the trials of either manhood or womanhood, they are inducted into a Caste based on their passions and talents. During their lifetime a Sulvai can change Caste only if he proves the skill necessary to be as fruitful and productive as he was in his previous Caste. The only way to advance militarily, politically or professionally in the Sulvai society is by merit alone. Sulvans occupy a position of leadership only if they prove worthy of it, and once they are not anymore, they make way for the next more capable Sulvan.

A the Sulvai are a long aged folk, even more so then most Dwarves, and all strive to attain the dedication, strength and innovation of Sulvan and the Paragons that followed.

Spoiler: Resources
    Show
    The great mountains have welcomed Sulvan's Folk with plentiful of Iron, Coal and an underbelly rich in Mithril. Unfortunately apart from game it has not greeted them with enough resources of sustenance, thus pushing them to rely of outside trade for Food.

Spoiler: Religion
    Show
    At the base of Sulvai culture is the faith in Paragons and the Lord of Fire. Sulvan's Folk value and cherish those who came before and did great deeds, as such those Dwarves who had brought a truly significant contribution to the welfare and well being of the Sulvai are risen to the ranks of the Paragons. A Sulvan Dwarf can become a Paragon only during his lifetime, as in death, one cannot innovate nor contribute. Once a Paragon goes back to the Stone, from which all Dwarves came, they are honored by having their statue raised in the Hall of the Paragons, and are forever praised as a pillar of Sulvan society.

While the Sulvai do not pray to the Paragon, they lean on their teachings and achievements for support and guidance. However they do tend to pray to the Lord of Fire. True they do not do it in an organized fashion, nor with religious fervor, but when things are most dire they do turn to him for guidance. And as the legends tell it, Sulvan claimed that it was the Lord of Fire who granted his Hammer the power to strike down and break the mountains.

Spoiler: Family
    Show
    Sulvan succession is pretty simple and forward. When the Primarch passes back into the stone, his son takes his place if he is found worthy. In case the Primarch has more then one son, then they compete in a series of non-combat challenges, that test their ability to rule wisely and for the benefit of the Sulvai. If the Primarch has no sons, then the same rules apply to his daughters.

If the Primarch dies without children, then the same rules apply to his brothers. If there are no brothers, then sisters. If there are no sisters then cousins. After that succession becomes an open challenge, non-combat of course, between all those of Sulvan Blood.

The Primarch lineage comes from Sulvan himself, as such all Primarch have been direct heirs of Sulvan. Thus all Primarchs are of the Blood of Sulvan. The Sulvan Primarchy was won by combat by Mormaer Razkai II of Razdis in the year 373; he carried the Blood of Sulvan from his ancestors' migration away from the Primarchy.

Eyrecradia
    Region 5B
    Population: 105,000
    Terrain:
    Eyrecradia consists of various caverns connected by tunnels.
    The capital of Eyrecradia is the Ore Elves' home of Sylvania, a city hewn from a spacious cavern. The back wall of the 3 walled cave (the 4th wall is the only one with an entrance) has hewn from it a large, ornate temple with shrines to the various gods they worship. This is also the home of the ruler, the High Cleric, also known as the Pretoria or Praetorius. Yes, Eyrecradia is a theocracy. This area is where the Razdissi administration currently have their headquarters.
    Another location is Caelythe, a "forest" of stalagmites covered in moss and various mushrooms home to the Moss Elves. Caelythe's most notable feature is the moss canopy above the Moss Elves reside on.
    The final location is Makarieth, a gem-filled tunnel complex home to the Gem Elves, who also live in homes hewn from the rock walls.

People

There are 3 races: the Gem Elves, with dark grey or obsidian skin, diamond emerald, lapis lazuli, topaz, opal, ruby, or amethyst-colored eyes and hair, who are extremely hardy; Ore Elves, with stone-grey skin, copper, electrum, cobalt, brass, bronze, or iron-colored eyes, and metal-colored hair that are renowned for their versatility, and the Moss Elves, with pale grey skin, green eyes, and beige, green, white, or red hair and bioluminescent blood known for their exceptional weaving, navigation, and scouting skills

Resources:

Mushrooms, moss, and precious metals

Imports:
    Wood, meat, water, fruit, vegetables, and leather (lighter than hide and easier to use).

Religion:
    Pagan animist.

Ruler
    Currently mostly controlled by Razdis, due to blood succession.
    Last edited by Silverbit; 2014-05-18 at 05:27 AM.
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ogre in the Playground

Post Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

At work, so this post may be dodgy.

The rising Tekorvan elder is to be married to King Hroar of the Glazfel I believe and though I'm not interested in Tekorva I feel like Yorukuni and Tekorva are a package deal so if it goes to Glazfel I'll probably lose any shot at it. To be fair it's on the other side of the world and not tactically a good decision at all but the image of the giant underground city, once Dwarven, long abandoned by it's original owners and taken by the mysterious, intelligent, and guileful Yorukun who seemed like the cool ancient race one would try and collect the works of in an adventure set 200 years from now just really seemed mega awesome and I wanted to be able to have researchers living there, exploring and trying to figure things out, maybe running into a Yorukun who didn't disappear or finding some cool forgotten artifact. It just seems like that kinda place. Basically their whole "ancient underground empire vibe" seemed cool and I want(ed) to explore that.
    Wow, he married himself off very quickly...

That sounds cool too, but ftr it was Tekorva's cave systems in the mountain that was dwatven. The Yorukuninin have been underground for an insanely long time, though I did leave a lot of their history unsaid for the moment.

Yeah, I thought it was cool, which was why I wanted to do it before my empire was destroyed. Turns out there is not as much pvp as I thought given how it was round 2-4!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbit View Post
    Don't mind me, just putting the country data of Sulvan's Fury and Eyrecradia here so I can access it more easily.

I really like the Yorukun. I've got no idea what they're planning, or why, but I still like them.
    And now I kind of want to write some Tellurian adventures. 'T1: City of the Yorukun' perhaps?
    Awesome. Aww, I miss this game a bit now. Haha

Feel free to pester me if you like about that. I quite enjoy reading.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Troll in the Playground

Wow, he married himself off very quickly...

That sounds cool too, but ftr it was Tekorva's cave systems in the mountain that was dwatven. The Yorukuninin have been underground for an insanely long time, though I did leave a lot of their history unsaid for the moment.

Yeah, I thought it was cool, which was why I wanted to do it before my empire was destroyed. Turns out there is not as much pvp as I thought given how it was round 2-4!

Awesome. Aww, I miss this game a bit now. Haha

Feel free to pester me if you like about that. I quite enjoy reading.
    My mistake, he married his daughter to the Glazfel King. Still, I don't have any family close to the right age.

Yeah, I thought it might have been, but it still implies the possibility of ancient dwarven architecture down there.

Also, I think it may be time to move onto the new thread where the newbies have been talking.

New thread

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Im sorry to do this to every one but I don't have time to keep up with game. I while the forum was down I felt renewed passion for music an relearning what I forgot on the guitar. I haven't felt this for almost 5 years shortly after my trip in iraq that war took its toll on my mind an I could know longer wright or remember any thing I had learned. I hope you will all understand practice is consuming what little free time I have in my life. My rulers daughter was supposed to marry Silverbit this round so if he goes through he should have the best claims to the land other than that I would rather see someone in the Dawn League take it if Silverbit does not

good luck in the game it was fun

The Orcs are coming, the Orcs are coming.
    The Orcs are here to play.

Sir Rikkan
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2346021

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerofundead View Post
    Im sorry to do this to every one but I don't have time to keep up with game. I while the forum was down I felt renewed passion for music an relearning what I forgot on the guitar. I haven't felt this for almost 5 years shortly after my trip in iraq that war took its toll on my mind an I could know longer wright or remember any thing I had learned. I hope you will all understand practice is consuming what little free time I have in my life. My rulers daughter was supposed to marry Silverbit this round so if he goes through he should have the best claims to the land other than that I would rather see someone in the Dawn League take it if Silverbit does not

good luck in the game it was fun
    Since this was your last post in the thread, I'm responding here rather than in the new thread, where I've put responses to all other posts made after my temporary leave.

It was great having you in the game! You introduced a unique brand of orcs, and I loved that beekeeping was a big thing in their culture, plus how you interacted with the other members of the Dawn League and came up with an idea to cut off the Salterri's potential retreat by land.

Thank you for your play and telling us the reason behind your leaving. It's great that you've rediscovered something that makes you feel so great and that you are so passionate about. I wish you much luck with it! Drop us a line later down the road, let us hear some of that music.

Cheerio, mate!

To others, as Quinton already noted, there's a new thread. Go there.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries