New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [M&M3e] Flight through the Unknown (IC)

Curtis follows, dazed by his experience with the dead fire-lady, and sees Jason doing weird dragon arm stuff... "Ah... I gotta say, that is really creepy lookin', also, you already seem to have what you can do with them down, I know I can maybe sort-of-kind-of heal things at this point..?"

He looks around seeing all the people, or perhaps former peo- NO! No matter what they look like now, they're still people! Why does crap like this happen to random people? Why? When he finds the people responsible he'll.... he'll do something to them! And it's gonna hurt! Yeah!!

Suddenly, something clicks in the back of Curtis's mind and suddenly his fur turns red, not that it wasn't already reddish before, but now it's bright red, and the wings are now just solid red. His eyes have also turned red as well. He looks down at himself, "I change colors now?" In that bit of confusion loses the hold on his powers that he just gained, turning his fur back to it's normal color. "But only when I'm angry or something? Huh? Hmmmm.. Oh. Alright then." Now just thinking about it hard enough made his fur turn red it seems, but there's something else too...

FYOOSH

His right hand is suddenly engulfed in black-red flames, and with another thought the flame goes out.

paph

"So I do something with weird fire, that'll work I guess? Huh." He starts playing around with making his hands and feet burst into flames, kind of enjoying the now becoming somewhat annoying sound it makes. FYOOSH paph FYOOSH paph FYOOSH paph FYOOSH paph FYOOSH paph FYOOSH
    ...if that makes sense.
    Spoiler: Note to all people I'm playing with.
    Show
    I work a 12 hour job with rotating days. So if I don't post or I'm not active during the middle of the day assume that I'll get out a post that evening if possible.
    When I don't have work I usually post a few times a day though, so don't worry!

An original way to describe originality
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus
    What originality really is is combining things that nobody thought to combine before in ways people didn't notice.

2. - Top - End - #62

Red Lotus

You sit next to a wounded teenage-looking boy and start to work on helping him. There's a bullet hole in his leg and his pule is going crazy. You deem it too dangerous to try and remove the bullet and instead proceed to rip a piece of his shirt off and use it as bandages. It seems like you manage to stop the bleeding and put him out of harms way, successfully stabilizing him.

Dragon Fist

Your left arm starts extending into one of the long corridors. The dragon waves his wings once in a while to keep himself up. He moves down, eyeing corpses or heavily injured people once in a while, he notices open doors to the sides leading into operating rooms like the ones you all found yourself in. They all look empty though. He continues down until he reaches a dead end with what looks like some supercomputerpanelmagicthing.

Your right arm moves through a similar looking corridor (the one directly opposite of where you all came from), experiencing pretty much the same things as the other. That is until he reaches a door half open at the end. As he sticks his head through it he sees a voiceless behemoth! Some slimy creature with a dead man attached to it's side. There are dead soldiers similar to the alien-looking scientist that Spartan saw in his room. The behemoth snarls at the dragon, showing it's teeth and gives chase... Well slow chase. But never the less. It's on it's way!
    Currently running Cobbled-Together Freaks: Flight through the Unknown, a Mutants and Masterminds rp. Link for IC Page & Link for OOC Page.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I've got 'grow' and 'shrink' pretty much handled. Working on figuring out how to dial down the snark, but-" and...he halted as Curtis started generating fire in his hands.

Nice.

Significantly less nice was the slime...monster...creature...person? He snapped the dragons back in an instant. "Hostile incoming, some sort of...slime guy. Judging by the carnage, though, he...it...Slimy's roughly equally hostile to the alien guys with guns who may or may not be the gun-toting bad guys."

Well, that was an incredibly useful briefing, he thought sarcastically. Regardless, he moved to get between the door and the others, though he'd keep as much foliage as he could between him and the door. Maybe they could talk to him; if not, he stood ready to hold him off, force him back, or if necessary, take him down.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Fine, fine, we just go with the strange dragon arms," said Emily, folding her arms in frustration. She watches warily as Curtis changes color, and eyes the fire he summons.

Well, then he begins playing with it. That really, really bothered Emily. Here they were, potentially about to die after being brought to some forsaken hellhole, and the chimera was playing with his powers? That bothered Emily. And the sound, damnit. That was the worst part.

Emily had never really felt so... angry before. Sure, she had her bad days, but this... this was worse. She could feel her anger reach a critical point, but it felt.. different.

Suddenly, a blue sword glowed at Emily's chest, and a blue cloak of aura began forming around her, finally settling into a facsimile of a shot of armor, complete with a helmet depicting the head of a bear. A set of ghostly blue claws extended out from her hands, ready to strike at anything. Well, luckily for her (and probably Curtis), there was apparently an enemy headed their way.

"Fine, let's make our stand here!" cried Emily, as she felt a thrill surge within her. She was, surprisingly enough, looking forward to this fight.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Anna was getting a bit annoyed by all the 'extending dragon-arms, furcolor changing and firehands, and lastly sudden blueish psy-swords'.

Though no matter how annoyed or mad she gets, no changes... just her suit and not much else.... 'this sucks. they have awesome powers and all i have is the appearance of some sort of Sci-Fi alienoid-suit-thing.... urgh!' she thought to herself. oh well, at least she was kinda fast at running, so it wasn't THAT bad...

"What do you MEAN, that there's a big blubby-blob-like maybe-hostile-maybe-not creature coming this way? and why are all of you just STANDING around, playing with your oh so special powers?! shouldn't we be like, running right now? preferably down the OTHER corridor-hallway-thing that the blubby-blob-thing ISN'T in?" she said, her foot tapping the floor impatiently.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

6. - Top - End - #66

You should all be able to see the slime creature slithering past the door at the end of the western corridor. We're entering potential battle and every action you do now will be within a 6 second (one turn) time frame.

Battle Initiative

Curtis - (1d20+6)[26]
    Eidolon - (1d20+8)[15] assuming you're in berserker mode.
    Red Lotus - (1d20+3)[4]
    Dragon Fist - (1d20+12)[30]
    Daytona - (1d20+36)[55] (wow)
    Spartan (1d20+9)[21]
    Currently running Cobbled-Together Freaks: Flight through the Unknown, a Mutants and Masterminds rp. Link for IC Page & Link for OOC Page.

7. - Top - End - #67

Check OOC thread for new initiative system.

New Turn Order

Players (except Red Lotus)
    Slime Behemoth
    Red Lotus

Spoiler: What the monster looks like
    Show
    Last edited by Manbot; 2014-03-14 at 12:26 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

"Requesting permission to-" Ryuu began sardonically.

"Approved!" Jason growled, thrusting both hands forward. The dragons unleashed tremendous roars, fire bursting from their mouths, the sound approaching the volume of a jet engine.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Wrathful Burning Roar! Toughness DC 25 vs. Damage, Will DC 20 vs. Impaired/Disabled/Controlled Affliction (Impaired/Disabled only while in sight of Jason, Controlled forces target to flee).

Dodge DC 20 to reduce save DCs by 5.

Damage has the Fire descriptor. Affliction has the Sonic and Fear descriptors.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

9. - Top - End - #69

The western corridor is engulfed by flames as the dragons pour their fire through it, the slow moving slime creature that blocks the door is engulfed just the same. When the fire disappears, the creature is still moving forward, seemingly unfazed by the dragons. The flames have however left a few scorch marks over the human body fastened to the side of this monstrous blob and caused it to twitch and move.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Dragon Fist's attack bruised the Slime Behemoth, but the creature wasn't affected by fear at all.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Anna was finding that strange blob-monster humorous to look at, morbidly so. Though she couldn't for the love of god, figure out WHY... maybe it was just the suddenness of it that she found funny.

'Chuckles'

Shaking her head, Anna clears it a little and finally the realization that an actual MONSTER is standing right there, hits her. "What in the name of god, IS that thing!?" She voiced out disgusted, and without meaning to, suddenly fired a laser-beam at the thing. She was just as surprised as everyone else, when the beam suddenly shot out from a place near her forehead... about an inch of two above the strange, round silverdisk-protrusion from her forehead.

Rolls'n'stuff
    Spoiler
    Show

Bio-laser: Attack +10. Effect: Ranged Heat, Damage 7
    (i guess i roll for this?)

To Hit
    (1d20+10)[15] vs. Dodge-Defense Rank (10+Dodge)

Damage Rank
    15+7 = 22

Oh and I'd like to try and do an Assessment of the blob (using my Assessment Advantage), to figure out it's defenses.
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2014-03-14 at 05:42 AM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71

The approaching creature is once again struck by force. This time it is a heat ray emitting from Spartan's forhead that blasts the monster. There's a splash in the goo where the laser hits and the attached human groans in pain.
    Show
    Spartan bruises the creature as well. Using assessment Insight vs Will you lost the secret opposed roll and find out anything, sorry haha.
    Last edited by Manbot; 2014-03-14 at 05:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72

Curtis lobs the fire that's engulfed his hand at the slime thingy, "Can anybody cut the guy free from the rest of the thing or do you think he's too far gone or whatever?!"

The ball of fire explodes into ghostly flames that lick at the walls and floor, even though it can't seem to quite burn them.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Darkfire Ball attack roll: (1d20+10)[16] DC 25 Toughness Area Cloud (15 ft) Damage
    ...if that makes sense.
    Show
    I work a 12 hour job with rotating days. So if I don't post or I'm not active during the middle of the day assume that I'll get out a post that evening if possible.

What originality really is is combining things that nobody thought to combine before in ways people didn't notice.

13. - Top - End - #73

Emily raised an eyebrow at the creature shambling down the western corridor. It was strange, and according to Jason, hostile to everything it saw, so there was no reason not to fight it. Actually, the more Emily thought about it, the more she realized that she was itching for a fight. There was something about this blue aura that surrounded her that made fighting so... natural. Fighting with the claws felt like second nature now, for some reason.

Emily crouched down, claws spread outwards, as if in preparation for a strike. She found herself reaching out for a third power, one that she wasn't truly aware she had. She didn't stop herself, since she felt like she could really, really trust her instincts in this situation. From her understanding, this third power related to movement in some sense.

Emily took in a deep breath, and eyed Curtis as he launched his ball of fire. "I would have, if you hadn't gone and thrown a damn flaming ball inside there!" she growled, as she invoked that third power. Emily found herself yanked, blinking directly before the entrance to the corridor. While she couldn't really go inside the fire for now, she'd have to settle for a flanking position. No real choice, unless she wanted to get roasted by the heat.

Instead, she opted for the next best thing: she roared at the slime creature. It was something that would have normally been decently intimidating, but the blue aura seemed to amplify what she did, turning it into a battle cry of sorts. Once she was finished, she tapped into the third power again, blinking back to her original position.

Spoiler
    Show
    Here's what I'm doing.
    Free action: Switching to Astral Warp.
    Move Action: Teleport to the corridor entrance, then back to her starting position.
    Standard Action: Daze.
    Intimidation check: (1d20+10)[27]

14. - Top - End - #74

Curtis's flame penetrates the behemoth causing it to scream as slime splashes out everywhere. The monster is then taken aback when Eidolon roars at it.
    Show
    Curtis bruises it and Eidolon dazes it. 3 bruises so far

15. - Top - End - #75

Daytona seems confused by the unfolding madness and readies herself for battle, but makes no move. The Slime Behemoth seems slowed down from all the attacks and doesn't really move, but it sort of regroups it's mass to patch itself up to no real effect. it also emits a strange burning goo from it's mouth. The goo shoots through the hallway and into the entire group of heroes. Anyone affected might also find it harder to move.
    Show
    Everyone roll Toughness vs DC 28 (acid descriptor). Also roll DC 20 against Affliction: Hindered, Immobile. Targets are either struggling through the goo or completely caught in it.
    Last edited by Manbot; 2014-03-15 at 09:38 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Jason shrugged off the slime, ignoring the acidic burn. It didn't even hurt all that bad. "I got it! I'm immune to fire!" he declared, charging into the ball of flame.

"You're-" the right dragon began to ask.

"Gah-ah-ah! I'm not immune to fire!" Jason yelled, though to the credit of his courage (if not his intelligence), he didn't let that trivial little fact stop him. With speed born of pain, he lashed out with a flurry of strikes so fast it almost seemed like there were half a dozen dragons attached to him rather than two.

No, wait...there kinda were, both dragons splitting into three identical (though somewhat smaller) heads and necks extending from the main serpentine bodies that, themselves, extended from Jason's arms. The dragons bit and tore at the slime monster around the human, then like striking cobras wrapped around the human and tried to pull him away. Whether or not they succeeded, Jason would then spring out of the flames.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Close in.
    Standard Action: Hydric Flurry! (1d20+10)[13], DC 25 Damage + Multiattack.
    Free Action: If attack hits, Fast Grab at (1d20+15)[23], which includes +5 circumstance bonus from Extra Limbs. Target resists with Strengh or Dodge. Attempting to pull the guy away more than actually grapple the thing though, GM call if/how that can work.
    Free Action: Move By Action back to previous position.

Dodge vs. Darkfire Ball: (1d20+8)[12]
    Toughness: (1d20+12)[16]

Spoiler: Luck Reroll if total Toughness result is 20 or less, 15 or less if Dodge succeeds
    Show
    (1d10+22)[27]

EDIT: Wow the dice hate Jason...
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2014-03-15 at 01:24 PM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

17. - Top - End - #77

The multitudes of dragons keep missing the Slime Behemoth as it reforms itself every time the drakes snap at it. It growls out of all it's mouths AND even the human body.
    Show
    The Behemoth's Dodge was higher than your roll and there was thus no effect.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Defensive rolls
    Show
    Will react accordingly again.
    Dodge: (1d20+5)[18](23); if fail: toughness: (1d20+5)[18](23)
    Affliction dodge: (1d20+5)[1](6); toughness: (1d20+5)[2](7)
    As a side note, I'm now patting myself in the back for arranging for all my defenses to have the same valure.

Kamala gets completely stuck in place. Ignoring the burning, she throws her unarmed hand forward. "Don't you get near me! Stay away!"
    Obeying her will, the vines invading the place wrap around and through the slime behemoth, trying to immobilize it.
    There is very little surprise left in her voice when she comments: "Oh, hey, I can do that, too. What do you know."
    Last edited by Mono Vertigo; 2014-03-15 at 02:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Forgot a couple checks
    Show
    Derp, I haven't quite got the hang of this yet. End-of-turn Toughness check to remove condition:(1d20+5)[12](17)
    Also, Snare requires a ranged attack check, doesn't it? If it does, I'm doing it here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[14](14) (Assuming I'm not too far away for that)
    Last edited by Mono Vertigo; 2014-03-15 at 02:57 PM.
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

20. - Top - End - #80

The plants close in on the Slime Behemoth but the entangling plants are dodged as the monster rearranges it's body to avoid capture.
    Show
    14 is below the monster's Dodge

21. - Top - End - #81

Emily staggered, having taken a hit from the splash of acidic goo. Luckily, she wasn't trapped by the goo, so she could still move, but the hit had somewhat detracted from her capability to fight.

"Give me some time, and I might be able to do something to hurt it!"

Emily glanced around the main room, and teleported towards the back. She wasn't sure about the maximum range of her teleport, but she knew that she'd make her next move after the slime creature's next attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Current Status(es)
    Dazed (until End of Turn)
    -1 to Toughness checks (recovers after 1 minute, barring any other conditions)

Standard Action traded for a Move Action
    Move Action: Teleport

22. - Top - End - #82

Instincts kick in and Curtis finds himself lifted by a wing boosted jump to avoid the worst of the attack and interestingly enough small flames lash out from his body to nullify what parts of the sticky acidic slime did manage to attach to his fur. "Cool? But the aura girl's right, another fireball just won't help the situation all that much. Hnngghh."

Suddenly another gear/door/thingy clicks/opens/whatever in the back of his mind, his fur also changes color again. "Again? Whatever, take this!" The chimera thrusts out his hands and miniature blizzard forms at his palms as loads of icicles fly forth from them.

Spoiler: Rolling them digital dice
    Show
    Icicle Storm: (1d20+10)[30] Damage 10 [Ranged(250/500/1000 ft), Multiattack

Edit: C-C-Critical Hit!!!!!
    Last edited by ChrisClark13; 2014-03-16 at 09:19 AM.
    ...if that makes sense.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83

The ice shards fly into the monster and freeze and clash with it. It let's out a loud cry and seems slowed down for a moment.
    Show
    The monster is dazed and bruised! (4 bruises so far)!
    Last edited by Manbot; 2014-03-16 at 11:02 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84

The Slime Behemoth moves forward and reaches Dragon Fist. It doesn't attack as it seems dazed from the attack. However it fills up the entry to the corridor, there's no way to get around it.

Show
    Move action, cannot use another action cause it's dazed.
    Last edited by Manbot; 2014-03-17 at 02:38 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Kamala's burns by acid are not grievous, but still painful; the flower wrapped around the staff seems to react and twitch as she clutches it tighter.
    Having not much to lose at this point, she points the blossom at the slime blocking her lower body.

Spoiler: Healing check to remove condition!
    Show
    I'm also assuming here whatever time it is there counts as daytime, for the sake of the staff's restriction. If it's not in fact the case, assume it's not working, of course.
    Healing: (1d20+5)[5](10)
    Success! After that, taking a move action.

The blossom glows slightly and absorbs the slime completely.
    Now free to move, Kamala runs back, to try to stay out of the monster's reach. "Ice works well! Keep going!"
    Last edited by Mono Vertigo; 2014-03-17 at 03:34 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OST

In an attempt to figure out what that blob-thing was and how it might function, Anna backed off some meters from it and fired yet another laser-beam at it, instinctively understanding her powers whenever they get activated for the first time.

Combat stuff
    Spoiler
    Show

Another Assessment attempt plz

Bio-laser: Attack +10. Effect: Ranged Heat, Damage 7

To Hit
    (1d20+10)[18] vs. Dodge Defense Rank (10+Dodge)

Damage Rank
    15+7 = 22

Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

"What in the world would make you think you're immune to fire?" the right dragon demanded.

"You're dragons! You breathe fire!"

"You breathe air! That doesn't mean it's smart for you to go walking into a tornado, does it?"

"It...I...shut up and grab the guy!"

The dragons, still multiheaded, lashed out for another attempt to tear apart the slime creature and pull away its...victim? Host? Actual body? Jason glared at the now-dangerously-close creature warily, but held his ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Hydric Flurry! (1d20+10)[24], Damage DC 25+Multiattack.
    Free Action: If attack hits, Fast Grab at (1d20+15)[21], which includes +5 circumstance bonus from Extra Limbs. Target resists with Strengh or Dodge, still attempting to pull the human body away rather than actually grapple, if possible.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

28. - Top - End - #88

Emily watched as Curtis fired the icicles, and as Jason and the girl in the purple suit attack. This, she decides, is her time to attack.

Emily crouched down, with her ghostly claws ready for a strike. Tapping into the teleportation power, Emily found herself face-to-face with the alike creature, and beside Jason. She launched herself forward, striking with both claws.

Spoiler
    Show
    Current Status(es)
    -1 to Toughness checks (recovers after 1 minute)

Move Action: Teleport beside Jason/ before the slime behemoth
    Standard Action: attack with Aura Cleaver (Damage 10, Resisted by Will)
    To-Hit: (1d20+10)[25], opposed by Parry, Crit 16-20.
    If the attack hits, roll against a DC 25 Will save.

29. - Top - End - #89

The bio laser hits the Slime Behemoth head on, but is absorbed by the liquid body. The monster almost gives a faint chuckle just as Dragon Fist snaps at it with all his fists of fury. The dragons chip away at the behemoth as it screams in pain, they then quickly seize the human body attached to the slime monster and attempt to pull it away. It becomes obvious though that the monster and the human may be one and the same.

Eidolon soon comes at the monster and forces his Aura Cleaver against it. As he hits the defenseless monster, it would seem that it's aura is still too strong to be broken through.

Show

Spartan hits with his laser but does no damage.
    Dragon Fist bruises the Slime Behemoth and wins the grapple, leaving the monster BOUND (Defenseless, Immobile, Impaired).
    Eidolon hits but does no damage.

30. - Top - End - #90

Curtis keeps up with the icicle shards while wondering how long he can keep this up.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Icicle Storm: (1d20+10)[30] DC 25 Toughness Multiattack

*wonders how long these C-c-crits will keep up*

Should be tons of stuff since Multiattack and crit so +2 or +5 DC if the slime thing fails badly and +1 success since Crit. Kind of surprised he didn't get something like that last time.
    Last edited by ChrisClark13; 2014-03-18 at 06:47 PM.
    ...if that makes sense.
    Show