New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Deadly Wonders [D&D 4e]

ABEA

Smiling the deva states, "I am a member of the faithful. I carry with me the holy symbol of the god that is worshiped in that temple. I have come a very long way and do not have time to dither in town and wait until their excellencies vacate the premises. My schedule simply will not allow it. Please, allow my friend and I to pass. You have my word as a Paladin that no harm or disruption will occur."

Spoiler: Diplomacy
    Show
    (1d20+10)[19]
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Lasenous

Lasenous concentrates on not looking nervous as he approaches the Inn. As the guards pass he gives a slight nod to them in response to their greeting and tries to judge what their actions may mean.

Spoiler
    Show
    Insight: (1d20+10)[30]

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Nuala Athear

Nuala quickly grabbed two arrows and knocked the heads off before stringing them to her bow. There was no sense in killing guards, but the point-less arrows would still hit hard and perhaps knock them out.

She waited behind the rock for the two guards to come into view. When they did, Nuala would summon up the spirits at her command and they would find themselves suddenly in the midst of a swarm of bats. Hopefully, they'd be distracted enough that she could slip away and rush the scaffolding without being spotted again. If she was really lucky, the swarm of bats might prompt the other guards to come to their aid.

Spoiler: Attack and Skill Rolls
    Show
    Swarming Bats
    Area Burst 2 within 10 squares, aimed to catch both guards
    [roll="Attack 1 vs Ref"]1d20+9[/roll]
    [roll="Attack 2 vs Ref"]1d20+9[/roll]
    [roll="Damage, nonlethal"]1d10+5[/roll]
    Effect (happens regardless of hit or miss): Slide each target 1 square towards center of burst. Burst becomes zone of difficult terrain until end of my next turn. Enemies grant combat advantage in the zone. I can sustain it with minor actions and move it with move actions.
    [roll="Stealth"]1d20+5[/roll]

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Daracaex; 2014-04-14 at 11:38 AM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yaner and Lasenous: You realize that the entire inn appears to be occupied by guards from Pelan. they don't appear to be actively looking for anything, mostly resting between shifts.

Cestgax and Abea: the guard looks Abea up and down, then nods. "My lady, I understand your plight. our great temple is often the sight of many holy pilgrimages. keep quiet and do nothing suspicious while inside." he pushes open the gate and gestures you through. "please be quick quick. and may Pelor's holy light bless you."

Alaric: Feeling destraught about the oracles abandoned house, you begin to search around the neighborhood for more answers.

Nuala: You here screams and the guards collapse at spirit bats soar form the ground and envelope them. in the confusion, you dart through and mingle with the work crew narrowly avoiding the sight of the guards.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alaric Malthas

After making a final round looking for nearby (and cooperative) townsfolk, Alaric returns to Selene. "Some of the people seem to think the Oracle has found shelter with a local friend, I'd like to find out exactly where that is but... I think with this many people searching, we'd do better to regroup. Let's go to that inn the others were checking out - maybe we can get some more information there, too."
    Last edited by Gavran; 2014-04-15 at 10:49 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yuno whispers to Lasneous "It is not safe here, for them to emerge in this area would be disastrous, we must find some way to contact them." To clarify what is going on: This is where they will enter, correct?

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

ABEA

The paladin puts her hand on the guard's shoulder, "Pelor blesses you for your kindness." She then quickly slips behind the gate with her companion.
    DMing:

8. - Top - End - #188

BlackDragon

Yaner and Lasenous: Realizing your escape route may be more complicated then you first realized, you begin to consider heading to your meeting point at the at the damaged inn near the east wall.

Cestgax and Abea: inside the basically abandoned temple district, you feel calm and relaxed among the seemingly divine silence. From far away you can hear faint chanting, holy scripture of Pelan by the sound. Suddenly, you see what appears to be a large group of people heading down the road. you duck into cover to avoid being sighted.

Alaric: Knowing that searching for the oracle may be dangerous without more help, you begin to consider making your way to the meeting place at the ruined inn.

Nuala: Now hidden among the workers, the you see the other guards sprint out to help their comrades.

((bluff, stealth))

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

ABEA

The paladin sees the group headed their way and pulls her companion into an alleyway. After letting the group pass, Abea asks, "So, how should we go about our task now that we've managed to get inside?"
    DMing:

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

"We head to the temple of Ioun. I'll look for the southern wall, you keep anyone that's watching distracted. If we find the oracle, we have very few minutes to bring him to the aqueduct."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    The Joker is supposed to be a nightmarish figure, the culmination of all things despicable and horrible about mankind. Of course he's a hipster.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yuno decides to try and head there instead.

12. - Top - End - #192

ElfMonkGuy

Nuala Athear

Once the other guards ran out to help their companions, Nuala quickly began climbing the scaffolding in order to get into the city. She tried to stay nonchalant and stealthy, but her priority was simply getting in. She could lose any pursuit once she made it.

Spoiler: Skill Checks
    Show
    "Acrobatics" - (1d20+10)[29]
    "Athletics" - (1d20+7)[23]
    "Stealth" - (1d20+5)[8]
    "Bluff" - (1d20+0)[15]

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

ABEA

"Very well. Let us make haste."
    The paladin grasps her right hand to ensure her spiked gauntlet - her only form of protection - is tightly fastened and ready to spring into action at a moment's notice.
    DMing:

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Lasenous

Lasenous follows to the meeting point, frowning at the complication to the plan.

15. - Top - End - #195

BlackDragon

Yaner and Lasenous: You quickly move to the abandoned Inn, which appears to have half collapsed, but would seem to make a suitable hiding place. as you reach it, you see a figure climb over the wall, sneaking into the city.

Cestgax and Abea: As you wait for the crowd to pass, you notice 2 figures at the head. 1 wears extremely elaborate golden plate armor, completely covered in sun motif's. striding beside him is an old man with a long blonde beard and elegant robes. you hear the elderly man shout, "He must be hiding in this district, find him and his family now. I will seek the guidance of our god." after they pass by, you return to the streets, heading toward the temple of Ioun.

Alaric: You begin to make your way through the city towards your meeting place in the ruined inn where the others should be meeting soon. As you walk through a large courtyard, you over here that the guards appear to be searching the temple district for a missing fugitive.

Nuala: You quickly move over the wall, but the guard spots you just before you make it, shouting at other guards and urging them after you. You look over the wall and notice a half collapsed massive inn. as well as many other ruined buildings. You happen to notice 2 familiar looking figures standing near the ruins.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Cestgax is going to run towards the South Wall, shield on his back, and try to sneak in through the back door.
    The Joker is supposed to be a nightmarish figure, the culmination of all things despicable and horrible about mankind. Of course he's a hipster.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

ABEA

Abea follows suit but attempts to look hurried rather than in a deliberate sprint for the temple (which would cause many a raised eyebrow).
    DMing:

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Lasenous

Noting the figure climbing into the city Lasenous quickly checks for anyone else in the area who might have seen anything. He starts heading in the general area of the Inn, but does not head straight towards it, instead taking a path that would get within a dozen feet of the place but looks like it would continue right past, as though he is just wandering around.

Spoiler
    Show
    Passive Perception 15, is there anyone else around and, if so, do they look like they saw the person entering the city?

19. - Top - End - #199

ElfMonkGuy

Nuala Athear

Nuala judged the distance between the wall and the roof of the collapsed inn, then discarded the idea of a run across the rooftops. Lasenous and Yaner just happened to be here, which was one bit of good fortune, at least. Not seeing a better way, Nuala figured she might as well scramble down the wall to the ground, drop her pack where Lasenous could grab it before the guard noticed, and run the other way to search for a hiding place.

Spoiler: Skill Checks
    Show
    "Athletics" - (1d20+7)[18]
    "Stealth to hide once out of sight" - (1d20+5)[14]

20. - Top - End - #200

BlackDragon

Yaner and Lasenous: You notice the figure on the wall drop to the ground and sprint into the ruined building. You recognize it as you elf Ally Nuala. She drops a bag before disappearing. You see guards come into the area, shouting things such as, "Where did she go, did you see her go somewhere."

Cestgax and Abea: You see a tower emblazoned with the sign of Ioun in the distance. as you come closer, you see that the temple is a circular building with the tower in the center. the outer ring off the building is a vast library. 1 ring inside is a collection of studies and and places of worship. in the center is a vast circular room for service and prayer.

Alaric: you continue to walk through the city, about halfway to your destination, you here guards talking about someone who broke into the city.

Nuala: guards spot you just as you sneak through, you evade and hide in large ruined building, half collapsed and hidden in sand banks. you drop the bag of gear just in place for Yaner and Lasenous to retrieve.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

I knock the back door.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Lasenous

Lasenous points down a side path no guards emerged from, as far from the ruined building as he can, and declares, in a deep and booming voice. "That way."

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff check: (1d20+5)[6]
    Going to use my memory of a thousand lifetimes racial to add 1d6 to it as well. (1d6)[3]

23. - Top - End - #203

Alaric Malthas

Surmising that the trouble may related to his allies, and noticing that the activity seems to increase as he gets closer to his destination, Alaric sets a brisk pace - hurrying toward the meeting place, but not moving so fast as to draw attention.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

ABEA

Abea quickly follows her companion into the building through the door that was to be shut.
    DMing:

25. - Top - End - #205

BlackDragon

Yaner and Lasenous: the guard turns and shouts at you, "You there , what do you know of this, where is he."

Cestgax and Abea: an old priest stands just inside the door, carrying a stack of books. he drops them in a panic and shouts, "What are you doing here, who are you. We told the guards already that we had nothing for them. Please, don't do any we could regret."

Alaric: you hurry through the streets. ahead you see buildings with wind damage that are collapsed in places.

Nuala: you sit hiding in the ruins, watching guards rush around you. you figure that they will find you eventually, and quickly at this rate.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Cestgax whispers to the priest:

"Sir, I am a Paladin from Ioun, and we need to know where the oracle is. If we don't get to the oracle before the guards, this place, alongside any other temples from Ioun, will be destroyed, and the knowledge will be lost with the temples. Tyrants will govern, and the population will be controlled and subjugated by all means possible. We need to know where the oracle is."
    Last edited by GPuzzle; 2014-05-05 at 03:23 AM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"I assure you sir, I know nothing of this (it's true). I only saw someone rush past me. It was a flurry of movement, I'm sorry, is she important?" This is not a lie. Ok, I can't fail this...

Diplomacy (+12) and use words of friendship for a +5 bonus: (1d20+5)[23] (+12) finally a good roll!!!! (a 35)

28. - Top - End - #208

BlackDragon

Yaner and Lasenous: the guard stops and drops his head. "sorry sir, I apologize for inconveniencing you. someone just broke into the city and any help you give us would be greatly appreciated."

Cestgax and Abea: the priest begins to mumble, "the oracle, tyrants, oh dear, its the time of the return isn't it? we thought so, the guards were desperately searching for some knowledge they thought we had kept hidden. of course we did, for an honest defender of Ioun's truth such as yourself, we will be glad to share it, please, follow me."

Alaric: you see a small group of desperate guards ahead, searching the area.

Nuala: you notice your allies helping to keep you hidden, you hope the can keep it up or redirect the guards
    Last edited by MasterBen; 2014-05-12 at 11:56 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209

Alaric Malthas

These guards must be searching for Nuala... well then, let's see how I can help.

Alaric scans the streets around him until he finds what he's looking for - a door in an alley, just around the corner from the guards - and with a word whispered in Supernal he channels his bartered power at it, causing the door to shatter apart. Pointing down the alley he shouts to the guards "Guards! Over here! Someone just broke into that building!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Standard Action: Ruinous Phrase (utility power)
    Destroys a medium or smaller, unattended inanimate object within 50 feet with 27 or less HP.

Anddd here's a Bluff roll for good measure! Though it'll be embarrassing if Alaric can pull off fancy magic tricks but not convince suspicious guards that a broken door is a break in. :P
    Bluff: (1d20+1)[8]

Edit: Speaking of embarrassing... still that's got to be worth some kind of circumstance modifier. x.x
    Last edited by Gavran; 2014-05-13 at 03:01 AM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBen View Post
    Yaner and Lasenous: the guard stops and drops his head. "sorry sir, I apologize for inconveniencing you. someone just broke into the city and any help you give us would be greatly appreciated."

Cestgax and Abea: the priest begins to mumble, "the oracle, tyrants, oh dear, its the time of the return isn't it? we thought so, the guards were desperately searching for some knowledge they thought we had kept hidden. of course we did, for an honest defender of Ioun's truth such as yourself, we will be glad to share it, please, follow me."

Alaric: you see a small group of desperate guards ahead, searching the area.

Nuala: you notice your allies helping to keep you hidden, you hope the can keep it up or redirect the guards
    "It's ok sir, you were only doing your job."