New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #8311
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Request an OotS Style Avatar XV

Quote Originally Posted by xNadia View Post
    Player_Zero: I am eternally sorry that I haven't responded lately. However! We have the slight problem that your avatar is rather tall. When I shrink it to avatar size, it somehow loses something.

Any advice, people? I can't figure this out.
    If you post what you have, people could make some guesses for you.

2. - Top - End - #8312
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drammel View Post
    Well I'd like to request an avatar. Let's start with the general shape and gear on the character since I have an image that fits my idea fairly well. I'm still new on these forums so forgive me if a screw up the image a few times.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...kslikeJosh.jpg

Kill the feather in the hat, replace the facial hair with stubble, the gun with a hip flask, and the axe with a trusty walking stick and you'll get what I'm aiming at. A middle aged, portly, weatherbeaten traveller. I'm thinking the pose should be him taking a drink from the hip flask.

My sincere thanks to anyone who can make it. The raw talent on these forums astounds me.

human or Dwarf? the image looks like a dwarf to me. I will give this a try, but would be happy seeing someone else's implementation as well.
    edit:
    Got bored and got done. Took some shortcuts because it sounded like you wanted a wanderer not a warrior. Let me know what you think.

or with stubble instead of beard:
    Last edited by Qwernt; 2008-05-13 at 03:51 PM.

3. - Top - End - #8313
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Morandir Nailo View Post
    Would someone be willing to make me an avatar based on this picture? The background isn't necessary (unless you just want to put it in). The pose is good, but move his right arm in toward his body a bit (more of a 45-degree angle) and give him a Naginata instead of the katana, held blade-down with the haft extending up behind his back.

Anyone who takes this request will have my undying gratitude - and cookies. Lots of cookies. Chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal, you name it.

Mor
    How's this?

@V: YAY! *eats cookies*
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2008-05-13 at 10:38 PM.

4. - Top - End - #8314
    Halfling in the Playground

...wow. Just...wow. I'd like to reiterate what Drammel said: the talent on these forums is absolutely astounding. Thanks so much!!! *leaves a very large box of cookies for Haruki-kun*

Mor

The tests say...
    I am a Black Dragon. I am a d8: deep, dark and cynical. I am a NE Human Necromancer, follower of Velsharoon.
    Stats: Str 12/Dex 11/Con 11/Int 14/Wis 16/Cha 15.

In memoriam E. Gary Gygax 1938-2008, and Dave Arneson 1947-2009. We are forever in your debt.

5. - Top - End - #8315
    Troll in the Playground

Uh, its been a couple pages, so I'm just gunna repost my request.

A Chaos Champion with dark blue armor and red trim, holding a broadsword with glowing orange/red runes, and blood coming from the creases in his armor, and his visor.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-05-13 at 10:27 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

6. - Top - End - #8316
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

OK, so new show, new avatar time:

In keeping with my new theme of my avatar reflecting the show I'm working on, I want the Duke of Mantua, as depicted in Verdi's Rigoletto. A traditional costume (you'll see a bunch of different examples with a Google Image search). A look that suggests his usual brash overconfidence and/or sinister gloating would be fun. Or maybe a scene with him and either Gilda or Maddalena might be fun. I'll let interested artists see where the muse takes them.

7. - Top - End - #8317
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwernt View Post
    human or Dwarf? the image looks like a dwarf to me. I will give this a try, but would be happy seeing someone else's implementation as well.
    edit:
    Got bored and got done. Took some shortcuts because it sounded like you wanted a wanderer not a warrior. Let me know what you think.

or with stubble instead of beard:
    Turned out better in your mind than it did in mine. To answer the question though, a human that just happens to be stubby (dwarvish). So yes, your implementation was spot on. I think I might stick with the beard because it does seem to fit better, thanks for the extra mile there. Thanks again, may you ever be commenerated in my siggy as awesometastic.
    Last edited by Drammel; 2008-05-14 at 01:30 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8318
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Watcher View Post

In keeping with my new theme of my avatar reflecting the show I'm working on, I want the Duke of Mantua, as depicted in Verdi's Rigoletto. A traditional costume (you'll see a bunch of different examples with a Google Image search). A look that suggests his usual brash overconfidence and/or sinister gloating would be fun. Or maybe a scene with him and either Gilda or Maddalena might be fun. I'll let interested artists see where the muse takes them.
    Snagged. I'll have it done by Wednesday night.

9. - Top - End - #8319
    Bugbear in the Playground

This is what I have so far.
    formerly known as xNadia
    apologies for the confusion and inconvenience

10. - Top - End - #8320
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, for my debut back on the forums, I'd like to request a simply avatar of one of my landmark characters.

Simply: Blond, long hair, male, Caucasian, slasher smile, brown pants, blood spattered blue greatcoat, holding a knife in each hand.

Stance, victim, whatever, improvise. I throw myself onto your grace.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

11. - Top - End - #8321
    Orc in the Playground

I have a request, if anyone would be so kind as to help me with it:

I would like a Warforged Avatar, based off of a character I've used before, and will be reusing/reinventing in an upcoming game:

I would like him to be wearing the Adamantine Body, with a Fullblade (Nothing says don't mess with me quite like a sharpened pool table), and hidden blades that are integrated into his plating (though not all need be visible).

Another one, if the above-mentioned character isn't appealing to the artists on here, would be a Dragonborn Pally, much like the one appearing on the cover of RotD...actually, he looks exactly like him, axe included :)

I know that this is a huge favor to ask, but I would appreciate any and all help. Unfortunately, my talent is not in this branch of artistry, my craft being the stage. Give me shakespeare, and I can give you a show, but give me a paintbrush, or the applications on the computer, and I'll stare at you with a lost look in my eyes.

Thank you in advance for any and all help :)
    ZOMGoubeaux

12. - Top - End - #8322
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Watcher View Post

Width: 120
    Height: 120

I have absolutely no idea of anything about this Duke fellow, so if there is anything that doesn't fit with what you want please don't hesitate to PM me with changes. I'll say that again in a few paragraphs.

Because... even moderators get the ol' fashioned copy 'n paste avatar disclaimer:

If you need a change of colors, please tell me what needs to be changed AND provide a color sample. My monitor casts everything several shades darker than other monitors, so what looks jet black to me is, in fact, mildly gray.

If you choose to use the avatar please save it onto your own computer and upload it onto an image hosting site such as Photobucket or Picasa. Please do not link directly to my Photobucket account.

When setting a custom avatar, don't forget to set a custom width and height. If you don't, the image will be skewed and ugly.

Lastly, if you have any changes you would like made please PM me so we don't spam posts on this thread. Don't be shy about asking for changes or "nitpicking." It's your avatar - you should be happy with it.

13. - Top - End - #8323
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, it seems that my request is too much for the avatarists, so let me change it.

Either something like this, but in blue and green
    Spoiler
    Show

OR

This fella in Crimson and dark grey colors, and with a blade like this one (or if you wanna make it cooler, then this one).
    Spoiler
    Show

( If you choose to make this guy, don't worry about making him 120 x 120, it can be bigger, I'l use it for sigatar.)
    Last edited by Crimmy; 2008-05-15 at 09:02 AM.
    Last edited by Crimmy : Tomorrow at 26:72 DM.

Spoiler
    Show

Iron Avatarist has gone on hiatus. Give me your feedback, please
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #8324
    Dwarf in the Playground

biggrin Re: Request an OotS Style Avatar XV

Hey all, looking to rassle me a new avvy if an artist is willing.
    My request is an avatar of a an orc in skirtmail holding a foaming mug of beer(or mead, or polyjuice potion, whatever) leaning against the "side" of the avatar window, mug raised with a cheerysmile, I like creativity so please have fun filling in the gaps :)

~Goats
    Newest Avvy by Bisected8

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #8325
    Dwarf in the Playground

biggrin Re: Request an OotS Style Avatar XV

*double post, apologies*
    Last edited by Goats_o_Mjolnir; 2008-05-15 at 07:19 PM.
    Newest Avvy by Bisected8

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #8326
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm brand-spankin' new to this!

But I'd really love an avatar of: half-elf rogue/ranger (standard D&D, bow-build ranger), dark brown hair, pale skin. She grew up a bit of an outcast & turned to thieving, then went ranger-y when she turned her life around & joined the army and is in a special forces unit. She's kinda saucy. Cha 12, 5'5", 110lbs...100x100pixels...umm...i don't know what else, but I really really appreciate it!

17. - Top - End - #8327
    Barbarian in the Playground

Even though I have drawn several versions of this guy myself in awesome poses, I want to see how another OotS-atar-ist would interpret my concept.

The Yellow Hunter!
    • Medium-light-ish build.
    • Lightly tanned complextion.
    • Wearing an unbuttoned, tan-colored leather trench coat with sleeves. And pants. Make sleeves and pants!
    • Wearing a light tan shirt. And a leather belt.
    • Tan leather shoes. Make 'em nondescript and simple.
    • A light tan fedora. Please, use as much detail as you want on this.
    • Wielding a rifle inscribed with magical runes along the edges. Very shiny.
    • Has two bags on belt, along with a potion, a small sickle, and a wand. Put them in that order, from left to right. Otherwise interpret as wanted.
    • In a standing, aiming position. Rifle obviously ready to fire.
    • Six magical symbols/runes/glyphs floating in an elliptical orbit around the Hunter.

And that's it! Cookie for whoever takes it up, milk tea if they finish it well, and bonus gummy bears if they can get it close to what I have drawn in my notebook!
    ·Bitzeralisis·

18. - Top - End - #8328
    Ogre in the Playground

Need an Avatar for Inner Animal. Going for inner dragon (radiant) that makes use of the flames. Surprise me!
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

19. - Top - End - #8329
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by curiouser View Post

But I'd really love an avatar of: half-elf rogue/ranger (standard D&D, bow-build ranger), dark brown hair, pale skin. She grew up a bit of an outcast & turned to thieving, then went ranger-y when she turned her life around & joined the army and is in a special forces unit. She's kinda saucy. Cha 12, 5'5", 110lbs...100x100pixels...umm...i don't know what else, but I really really appreciate it!
    Hmm..well I should be working on my flash movie.. ah what the hell, I'll do this one.

20. - Top - End - #8330
    Firbolg in the Playground

Can I get an avatar of Endeca here?

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

21. - Top - End - #8331
    Ogre in the Playground

Done, I sorta gotta carried away on the army bit there well..well..ok I did get quite carried away with the army part.. I originally intended her to be wearing clothes a bit more.. ranger'ish.. If you don't like the outfit though, I can change it in 10-15 mins tops same goes for any other changes so feel free to ask.
    Spoiler
    Show

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/5509/armysn3.jpg

Spoiler
    Show

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/5900/army2yu2.jpg

Due to the way I made it, you'll have to set the size at 120 x 120 though.
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2008-05-16 at 09:46 AM.

22. - Top - End - #8332
    Pixie in the Playground

The outfit is great! It is pretty army-ish...I dunno, maybe she needs a cloak or something, just so I don't forget it's D&D (and start talking about my half-elf having 'Nam flashbacks), or more hair or...I dunno. Looks great though, thanks a million!

23. - Top - End - #8333
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by xNadia View Post

This is what I have so far.
    I would go with cropping it - long stick legs aren't nearly as interesting as the rest of him.

24. - Top - End - #8334
    Ogre in the Playground

The outfit is great! It is pretty army-ish...I dunno, maybe she needs a cloak or something, just so I don't forget it's D&D (and start talking about my half-elf having 'Nam flashbacks), or more hair or...I dunno. Looks great though, thanks a million!
    Alright, I un-g.i.'ed it a bit, but I couldn't get a cloak to look right.
    With and without the berret.
    Spoiler
    Show

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1944/armyyz0.jpg
    Spoiler
    Show

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5646/army2wy1.jpg

If you use it, it would be appreciated you noted in your sig, that it was made by me.

If you want anything else changed, feel free to ask I need all the practice I can get.

Edit V- You're welcome
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2008-05-16 at 01:02 PM.

25. - Top - End - #8335
    Pixie in the Playground

I love it! Thanks so much!

26. - Top - End - #8336
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Qwernt View Post
    I would go with cropping it - long stick legs aren't nearly as interesting as the rest of him.
    I agree... A full image of him would be cool, but it just wouldn't fit, really... Unfortunate. Still, looks pretty awesome so far, I appreciate it.

27. - Top - End - #8337
    Ogre in the Playground

Here's a moderately difficult challenge for anyone who cares to take it up. I want a three dimensional (appearing, not an eight direction rose, just a simple Cardinal Direction) compass rose (elaborately drawn might I add!) measuring 150x150 Pixels with Black, Red and White for the colorations.
    Last edited by Neftren; 2008-05-16 at 06:11 PM.

28. - Top - End - #8338

Who wants a cookie? I'm looking for a young adult human female, very long darkish-blond air with natural highlights, in a dark, dark green cloak with hood down. She carries a dagger. Her hair is partially covering her face, but you can mess with what her hair is covering. Many, many thanks + sig crediting + a cookie to any artist who will take this on!
    Thank you Tiffanie Lirle for the totally awesome avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    So? This is the town. We don't listen to the laws of reality.
    We rewrote it for our own convenience.
    In memory of Gary Gygax, 1938-2008

29. - Top - End - #8339

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Here's a moderately difficult challenge for anyone who cares to take it up. I want a three dimensional (appearing, not an eight direction rose, just a simple Cardinal Direction) compass rose (elaborately drawn might I add!) measuring 150x150 Pixels with Black, Red and White for the colorations.
    Yay, elaboration! But first, I require a payment of a cookie. *steals cookie* Satisfied!
    ·Bitzeralisis·

30. - Top - End - #8340
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bitzeralisis View Post
    Yay, elaboration! But first, I require a payment of a cookie. *steals cookie* Satisfied!
    Can I pay you with a cookie that you paid me with? :P