New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 45: 0.0000000000000000000042% full

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Since three people have expressed interest, it looks like it's too late to throw Wenomir in. He's been looking for adventure as his means of contributing to Watch's finances, but the one he found in Trog's turned out... badly. Oh well. Another time.
    Tovia has to go on an adventure with Wenomir some day. I have no idea how he'd react to the genderbent Toby clone, but I'm sure it'd be hilarious.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, that much is inevitable. Hopefully another opportunity comes up soon.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

If anyone needs/wants me places, it'll be slow posting until my network decides to maybe let me connect. As is, I'm on my phone.

EDIT: Well, I'm on my tablet at the library now, and probably will remain that way until I have to go to bed. :P
    Last edited by Beans; 2014-03-09 at 07:20 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the Souls of the Forgotten bite.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

Anyone who plays Warhammer or 40K with the minis is welcome to come by Sacramento.

Earl of Purple I asked to hire a MERC to go deal with the Skyside Cloudtops shipping container. Who runs that when someone takes it? You or me?

Also I missed your goodnight posts very much.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

6. - Top - End - #96

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Riddlewood Graveyard

Tovia rummages through her pockets until she finds a headlamp and puts it on, providing bright light while keeping her hands free. You go right ahead, Bug Zapper. I'll stay back so I have time to deal with the undead menace we're freeing.
    Funnily enough, the character's inspiration actually is nicknamed Bug Zapper.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

*pokes Kris to skyside*

Aerith will be made to groom Terek's duck, should he manage to enthrall her.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    A fate worse than death! Domnus would probably not agree with that destiny. Is Terek addicted to ducks or something. Please don't let him be addicted to me.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

9. - Top - End - #99

*pokes Kris to skyside*

Hehe.
    That's a ducking difficult task.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

10. - Top - End - #100

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Funnily enough, the character's inspiration actually is nicknamed Bug Zapper.
    Funnily enough, I'm familiar with both the character and her trollsub nicknames. One of the dangers about importing fictional characters to the Nexus is that some PCs are from worlds that have the fiction in question.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

11. - Top - End - #101

Funnily enough, I'm familiar with both the character and her trollsub nicknames. One of the dangers about importing fictional characters to the Nexus is that some PCs are from worlds that have the fiction in question.
    Actually, I loved the power and could not think of any name I liked besides that, so an altverse PC was born!

My favorite nickname ever would be Mustache Life Support System.
    Melon Lord and Sparky Sparky Boom Mam are the best though.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-03-09 at 08:40 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, I loved the power and could not think of any name I liked besides that, so an altverse PC was born!

My favorite nickname ever would be Mustache Life Support System.
    MLSS? So does that support the life of mustaches or something?
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

13. - Top - End - #103

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    MLSS? So does that support the life of mustaches or something?
    It's a joke from top gear.
    You exist only so the mustache lives.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #104

Spoiler: IRC Post Quote
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Hey there folks, welcome back one and all! I wanted to start this OOC off right by adding a bit of side-along functionality to it. Since there was mentions of IRC chats last time, I feel that now is the best time to make a dedicated Nexus/FFRP IRC channel that people can use for the swift arranging, discussion, and clarification of scenes and plots along with the more stable OOC.

So in order to do that, I'm going to lay out how to use IRC (Internet Relay Chat) in as simple a form as I know, as well as mention a few other known options for you guys to look up and decide if you want to use.

Spoiler: Getting into IRC
    Show
    The most browser-friendly, non-installation, non-sign-up site for IRC I've found is https://www.mibbit.com/, and getting into the Nexus chat from it is going to be pretty simple for anyone who wants to try it.

Firstly, on the main page for the site there's a Launch App link that will take you to a page that looks like this:

The link may be partially obscured, depending on what browser you use, but that's just a site quirk and it should always be clickable. Now let's look at some of this page's options.

The Connect dropdown menu brings you to a list of different IRC servers that the client can connect to. In this case, Sorcery is the one being used. If you want to connect manually instead of scrolling down the list, then you can click the Server option and type irc.sorcery.net into the provided bar. The same thing applies to other servers. Though their direct URLS may not follow the irc.[servername].net formula, it's likely they will.

Next you need to decide on your Nick, or nickname for use in the channel. Nicks are floating things, and used server-wide, so your nick might not always be available unless you register it, and registering it comes with some side benefits, but requires you input a password when you log in to verify you own that nick. If there's enough demand for that I'll explain nickname registration and other irc commands in another post.

And after that, all you need to do to get started is input the channel name, prefaced with a #. In this case it will be #gitpnexus which means by the end your screen should look similar to this before you click Connect:

Trillian also has an IRC chat function, if you already use that for other types of chatting, and I hear that pidgin is serviceable and preferred by a few people. If you go to sorcery.net's site, there are FAQs detailing various commands you can input into IRC, as well as a very basic chat function there under the chatnow tab.

Spoiler: A Fair Warning to All
    Show
    This channel will be moderated, and will abide by the rules of the forum. Please don't think to go there looking to start trouble, approach it with an open mind as a tool to aid roleplaying and help foster understanding. Moderators will come from people who join up and want to learn how to use IRC to its fullest in order to help keep it a place people want to keep coming back to.

To those who aren't interested in instant message chatting, don't have the time for it, or don't wish to get caught up in another distraction, let us know and we'll try to arrange things to where you're caught up on some of the goings on. I say we because I'm certainly not qualified to keep everyone appraised of everything on my own, so I'll be recruiting other operators and channel-goers to help me with that.

And as a TLDR for those who already know how IRC works: We have a channel called #gitpnexus on irc.sorcery.net now.

IRC stuff over, FFRP stuff beginning after the break.

And because I'm taking a more active role in FFRP starting now, or trying to at least, is there anyone who might be interested in a plot based around condensed, evaporated dreamstuff that begins making people's dreams come true in a literal and possibly hilarious way? Let me know so I can get a good idea of what scale I should begin planning the plot for.

As an update on the channel front, I didn't see many new faces poke their heads into the channel (which in retrospect is probably to be expected, since not everyone has the time and some of you might not have seen the post) but I was happy to greet those who did show up.

My questions for you all to talk over and decide amongst yourselves are: Would you actually use the IRC channel personally, and do you think that I should keep it running or let it pass? I can't moderate it every moment of every day, and without many people using it there's not much to talk about, so I'm wondering what all your thoughts are on its utility.

Let me know, you've got at least a whole night to talk it over before I weigh in since it's time for me to get some shut-eye, and probably more than that if we get a good conversation going. I don't want to maintain it if we're not going to get use out of it, but I also don't want to give up on it if enough people warm up to the idea.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

*ponks BR to HALO*
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    @ fd33: Or a plotclone. I'm not too fussed.

@ FireFox: do you have a preference for a thread in particular?
    Done. Also, you probably should know that my character is a pretty low level wizard. So... are there any meatshields uh, fellow adventurers that want to jump in on this dungeon crawl?
    Id volunteer Shoyler if you guys would like. If the group's full already, it's not a problem. But just in case.

Clerics are always a good thing in a group.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey ark, I'm working on the Bronze Keep thread, is Glasia going to be a resident or will she leave once healed?

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

18. - Top - End - #108

Hey ark, I'm working on the Bronze Keep thread, is Glasia going to be a resident or will she leave once healed?
    Resident.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #109

Speaking of Glasia, I think you missed my post in Outside.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

20. - Top - End - #110

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Speaking of Glasia, I think you missed my post in Outside.
    Oh, sorry!
    Also, Vampires!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aerithean Vampires

An Aerithean Vampire is a species of vampire notable for it's alarmingly quick regenerating abilities, predatory nature, and most of all their odd relation with blood.

Traits & Abilities:
    All of the Aerithean vampires share an extremely fast regeneration ability, their bodies able to heal a small cut in about 10 seconds, a deep or large injury in about 5minutes, and even regenerate a maiming of the arm or leg in 12 hours.
    An Aerithean vampire is not damaged by sunlight over time. However, when in sunlight, they cannot regenerate injuries. In addition, injuries caused by divine/holy/blessed weapons or silver weapons cannot be regenerated unless healing magic is used.
    Aerithean Vampires' bodies, while relying on blood to operate, can survive without it for a while, making blood loss not nearly as severe for them compared to living beings. After a week without blood, Aerithean Vampires begin to lose strength and, after 4 days without blood, will go into a dormant state from which they can only be woken from by feeding blood. If an Aerithean vampire drains the blood of another completely, they are enthralled and are compelled to follow orders not involving harming themselves or their allies. This lasts until an Aerithean Vampire is able to break the control by resisting an order.
    Aerithean vampires excel in combat due to two reasons besides their regeneration. First of all, they can only be killed if impaled through the heart with a piece of wood, a silver object, or a blessed/holy/divine object. Secondly, when in combat, the smell of blood strengthens them and causes them to become more aggressive.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright.

I'm getting the basics up for now, bein' stuck on my phone an' all, but later on I'll see about getting blurbs about you and Earl's characters to put in the OP.

(Recaiden) He lives!

22. - Top - End - #112

So, Ark..

Glasia enters, muttering a spell.
    Did... Did she just pass through a wall?
    The problem here is I honestly don't know how to answer this question.

I mean, I can assume she walked through a wall, I can't imagine you'd ask 'did she just walk through a wall' when the answer is 'nah, she took the door', but the point is I've been given so little description of the environment around them I don't know if there even is a door to take.

Which I kinda need to know, as one of my character's trying to break in.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

23. - Top - End - #113

So, Ark..

I mean, I can assume she walked through a wall, I can't imagine you'd ask 'did she just walk through a wall' when the answer is 'nah, she took the door', but the point is I've been given so little description of the environment around them I don't know if there even is a door to take.

It appears to him that she did: the wall turns intangible for 30 seconds as the spell is uttered.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

So, Ark..

The bolded text there just made me laugh so hard, wow, thank you for that Third.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, alpha version OP of the Bronze Keep is up. If anyone has escaped slaves or people that would normally be given a hard time because of their species, or maybe someone wanting to defend the cause, or wants to make a Meadowgreen villager or Wode critter, lemme know.

Oh, and Ark, does that mean Aerith and Noelle are enthralled now?
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2014-03-10 at 01:23 AM.

(Recaiden) He lives!

26. - Top - End - #116

Okay, alpha version OP of the Bronze Keep is up. If anyone has escaped slaves or people that would normally be given a hard time because of their species, or maybe someone wanting to defend the cause, or wants to make a Meadowgreen villager or Wode critter, lemme know.

If they've been drained, yes.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

All the more reason for the undead hunters to get goin'!

Also, before that all starts, would anyone else like to join the Hunt?

28. - Top - End - #118

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    All the more reason for the undead hunters to get goin'!

Also, before that all starts, would anyone else like to join the Hunt?
    I might make a PC.
    There's an... interesting ability I saw in a show that's perfect for vamp hunting.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

I might make a PC.
    There's an... interesting ability I saw in a show that's perfect for vamp hunting.
    You'd be playing one of the Hunter's and a large group of the unholy monster-thingies being hunted. I don't really think that'd work out well. >.<

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

My PCs fight each other pretty often. Works out OK.

Terek drained/enthralled Aerith and Noelle, trying to ditch Domnus cause he can't carry any more, but I don't want to kill the guy, and then Terek wants to go back and kill the rest of the vampirates if he can.

Nothing kills vampires like a vampire.

An insane one.

With metal teeth.

And enough blessed silver to buy a popehood.

(Recaiden) He lives!