New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Assault on Isle Deepspring - IC

Clunk heard the shout and shifted from defense to a blazing offense, his sword a blur of strikes on the undodging giant.

Spoiler: Attacks and Stuff
    Show
    Maylene's Ray of Enfeeblement:
    To Hit touch attack, giant has no Dex to AC and is Huge (I assume), so AC is 8: (1d20+15)[21]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[8] Strength penalty and negative one level.

Clunk:
    Attack: (1d20+16)[31] and crit on 17-20 (1d20+16)[34]
    Damage: (2d6+7)[9]
    Attack: (1d20+16)[19] and crit on 17-20 (1d20+16)[23]
    Damage: (2d6+7)[10]
    Attack: (1d20+11)[26] and crit on 17-20 (1d20+16)[19]
    Damage: (2d6+7)[12]

Note: Clunk can See Invisible. If there are any Invisible creatures about, he would be notifying people.
    Spoiler: I am playing...
    Show
    Thanks to Elder Tsufu for the awesome Mat Cauthon avatar!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

The fire in Kamynar's eyes lit once more as he joined in the fray, hoping to put damage into the giant if Clunk could preoccupy the invisible creatures. "Let's take care of this!" He shouted as he continued to hum, loosing arrows into the giant's torso, "Ehlonna, guide my arrow to the heart of the messenger of darkness."

Spoiler: Hey, Byleist!
    Show
    Maintain Inspire Courage
    Swift: Hero's Leadership: (10d8)[51] Temp HP for the Party.

Full Attack: Smite Evil: Repeated Smiting: Ranged Smiting: Cool down (1d4-1)[2] rounds

Spoiler: Arrow 1: Rapid Shot
    Show
    To Hit: (1d20+43)[19](19)
    Damage: Splitting, Force
    (1d8+33)[1](1)+(4d6)[5][5][4][4](18)(Force, Force, Holy, Holy)
    Split Arrow:
    To Hit: (1d20+43)[14](14)
    Damage: Force
    (1d8+33)[1](1)+(4d6)[6][3][1][5](15)(Force, Force, Holy, Holy)

Spoiler: Arrow 2: Begin Regulars
    Show
    To Hit: (1d20+42)[3](3)
    (1d8+33)[6](6)+(4d6)[1][1][5][1](8)(Force, Force, Holy, Holy)
    Split Arrow:
    To Hit: (1d20+42)[4](4)
    (1d8+33)[8](8)+(4d6)[5][4][6][2](17)(Force, Force, Holy, Holy)

Spoiler: Arrow 3
    Show
    To Hit: (1d20+37)[5](5)
    (1d8+33)[8](8)+(4d6)[5][6][2][6](19)(Force, Force, Holy, Holy)
    Split Arrow:
    To Hit: (1d20+37)[11](11)
    (1d8+33)[1](1)+(4d6)[6][2][6][4](18)(Force, Force, Holy, Holy)

Spoiler: Arrow 4
    Show
    To Hit: (1d20+32)[18](18)
    (1d8+33)[5](5)+(4d6)[4][5][1][4](14)(Force, Force, Holy, Holy)
    Split Arrow:
    To Hit: (1d20+32)[12](12)
    (1d8+33)[2](2)+(4d6)[3][5][2][1](11)(Force, Force, Holy, Holy)
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Henry's hold on the giant lasts only a few seconds before the crab-man is brought to his knees; all of the attacks he has tanked have finally caught up to him, it seems.

"This...this is nothing! You can barely...dent...my...-" before he can finish the thought Henry collapses, unconscious again his wishes and vulnerable for the first time since anyone in the party has met him.

Moments too late Henry's Cherry Blossom Treant finally awakens to full strength. The first thing it sees? Henry spread eagle on the ground with a massive giant towering over his body.

The Cherry Blossom treant stomps up to the front lines of the battle spreading it's pleasant aroma, a bundle of flowers dripping with a bitter smelling chemical flowers melting together at the edge of a long slender branch. The bundle is then tossed directly at Henry and the Giant standing over him

No sooner than the bundle is launched the treant releases a storm of Cherry blossom petals in hopes of protecting Henry's allies and ensuring Henry's victory.

Spoiler: CrabMan KO'd
    Show

Henry tanks some more damage, Regenerates 6 nonlethal damage and Fast Heals 1 nonlethal damage (Snowsong) leaving him at 255/219 nonlethal damage. This knocks him out cold. He is unconscious and helpless, but it'll still take some work to finish him off...probably.

Growth points: Unchanged.
    -----
    Cherry Blossom Treant is finished growing and can thus take actions.
    -Move: advance closer to the fight but outside of the giant's reach, preferably to positioning itself between the Giant and the rest of he party

-Standard: Cherry Blossom Bomb attack doing (11d4)[30] damage. Reflex save DC 25 halves this damage. A failed save results in the target taking half of the damage again next round.

-Free: Aromatherapy activates. Allies receive +10 bonus on saves against poison and disease. Sickening is suppressed, and Nausea is reduced to sickening.

-Swift: Blossom Storm: Any attack, direct, targeted, or area of effect has a 20% chance of being blocked. Lasts 2 rounds and can be used in 5 rounds.
    -----
    Both Henry and the Treant receive Hero's Leadership's 51 Temporary Hitpoints, but I have no idea how temp Hit Points interact with unconsciousness due to nonlethal damage. Asking for a ruling on that in the OoC thread.
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2014-05-13 at 11:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

As the Cherry Blossom treant moves into position to fire it's flower attack Henry snaps awake, equal parts enraged and furious.

"You can barely dent my shell, little death Shepard! And you certainly won't stop me from doing this!" Henry clicks his lesser claw, wrapping himself in a cocoon of nature magic. Just as the magic completely seals him off from the outside world the scent of uncooked but deliciously seasoned seafood wafts up from his body.

Half a second later the cherry blossom attack explodes against the outside of the cocoon, but Henry doesn't seem to notice or care.

Spoiler: Crab man is back in action!
    Show
    Henry uses Delicious Crab to provoke the enemies into attacking himself. The will save DC to resist the urge to smash him apart is 27.

All enemies that have attacked him must make a fort save DC 27 or become Nauseated for 1 round. On a successful save they are merely sickened for 1 round. Those that hit him with an natural attack take a -2 penalty on this save. Enemies that would normally be immune to sickening and nausea instead gain a +5 bonus on their save.

Henry Defensively casts Rejuvenation Cocoon on himself as his standard action.

Concentration check vs DC 20: (1d20+27)[31].

If he successfully casts the spell a magical shell with 130 hit point and 10 hardness forms around him. On Henry's next turn it will heal him for 130 health and release him.

After being struck by the Cherry blossom attack the Shell has 100 hit points remaining.
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2014-05-13 at 11:50 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Between Clunk's blows, Kamynar's arrows and the Treant's bomb, Byleist seems to have finally reached his limit. He thunders as he is struck, "Mother, avenge me!" With a mighty crash, the giant falls to the ground, quite clearly dead.

Clunk warns of two invisible creatures, one behind Henry and the other next to Maylene.

Spoiler
    Show
    Can Clunk speak, or is he just sort of gesturing at them? Also, Byleist fell before Maylene acted, so she could use something other than that Ray.

Clunk indicates that one of the Invisible creatures - the one next to Henry - has approached Kamynar, stepping behind him, immediately before a foul rot seems to flood the ground around him. A huge cone of ice comes into being directly behind him, catching everyone in its area.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kamynar and the Treant take (5d6)[11] damage, Reflex DC 24 for half. They must make a DC 24 Will save or be Nauseated for one round.

Everyone takes (15d6)[54] Cold damage, Reflex DC 24 for half.

Clunk gestures behind Maylene as the other invisible creature does something. The same foul rot floods the ground around her, decaying everything it touches. A huge fog bank seems to rise up from the ground, choking and poisoning everyone within it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maylene, Clunk, and Henry's Shell take 5d6 damage, Reflex DC 24 for half. They must make a DC 24 Will Save or be Nauseated for one round.

Everyone takes (1d4)[4] Constitution damage, unless immune to poison or ability damage. Fort Save DC 24 for half.

Your turn, now.
    Last edited by Promises Kept; 2014-05-14 at 11:17 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Replacing the roll I forgot to make from the second pool. (5d6)[14]

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Even as the giant fell, the Clunk shouted out - a matter of some surprise as he had not uttered a sound up to that point.

"Invisible attackers."

Though loud, it was without intonation of alarm or urgency. Merely a statement of fact.

The wand of Enfeeblement was slid back into its slot on Maylene's bandoleer and with the same motion another wand was drawn forth - a flash of fingers faster than the eye could follow.

A touch of the wand, and suddenly she could see what had been Invisible.

It was too late to let her dodge the effects, but she did her best as well as she could.

Spoiler: Saves
    Show
    Reflex DC 24 vs Cold damage: (1d20+19)[30]
    I have Resist Cold 30, so if I save, then no damage.

Fort DC 24 to avoid Con damage. Using an Inspiration Point for +Int (+14) to the save.
    (1d20+30)[36]
    Lost 2 Con points.

The cold was easily dodged and wasn't sufficient to pierce her magical protections.

Maylene had always prided herself on being a strong and capable person, but as the rotting stench rolled about, she could feel it sapping her life. She could withstand, though.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Are these visible effects? I'm assuming the cloud is something I can exit ASAP. If so, I will do so.

What are the descriptions of the creatures I now see?
    Last edited by WebTiefling; 2014-05-19 at 03:04 PM.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Henry carefully scans the battlefield with his senses on high alert and, eventually, he locks on to…absolutely nothing. The various flavors and stenches scattered around the battlefield do little to help him hone in on the remaining enemies, and it would be ill advised for him to charge blindly with only his nose guiding him toward the general areas pointed out by Clunk.

So instead he stands there on the withering remains of his healing-cocoon and summons forth the font of magic that courses through his veins (or carapace in general, depending on what form he is taking).

Henry huffs and puffs and spits a glittering glob which explodes behind Kamynar spreading sparkling golden particles everywhere. There is no point dwelling on how strange it looked, how muscular he is, how pretty (as in 'Pretty, Pink Princess doll' pretty, not beautiful pretty. He is beautiful, but that is neither here nor there) it was, or why he couldn't just flick the ball of dust from a claw like he does everything else; these thoughts will inevitably bring you down the dark path of arthropod worship and to be honest there are already too many cults devoted to gigantic human-shaped crabs this year. Try again in a decade or so.

“Target marked.” Henry states, pointing at the enemy behind Kamynar with his lesser Claw. His treant fires off a pink grenado at that enemy, doing its very best to not hit Kamynar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:
    Henry casts Glitterdust, one of his Half-Fey SLAs
    He’ll aim it behind ~5ft Kamynar to improve his odds of landing it on his target

Kamynar and the enemy both need to make a will save DC 14 or be blinded for 13 rounds. The invisible enemy is outlined with the sparkling dust for the next 13 rounds assuming the SLA was aimed correctly, negating its invisibility.

The Cherry Blossom treant will use its Cherry bomb ability on the revealed foe, trying to not hit Kamynar with the AOE. Reflex save DC 25 halves the damage and a failed save deals full damage and half that damage next round.

Cherry Blossom Bomb damage: (11d4)[31]

Spoiler: Half-Fey SLAs
    Show
    Half Fey SLA castings
    Charm person At Will
    Hypnotism 1/1
    Glitterdust 0/1
    Detect Law 3/3
    Suggestion 1/1
    Confusion 1/1
    Lesser Geas 1/1
    Hold Monster 1/1
    Mass Invisibility 1/1

Growth point status:
    13/30 spent. 0 returning on next round
    --
    Treant Allies: ½
    1-Nature Slumber: Birch
    1-Nature Slumber: Oak
    9-Nature Slumber: Cherry Blossom
    1-Nature Slumber: Lily
    1-Greater Weeping Willow Treant

Henry’s HP: 270/219
    Henry’s Nonlethal damage: 150/270
    Treant’s Hp: 92/105 (temp hp absorbed a large amount of damage)

Last edited by Doxkid; 2014-05-21 at 12:11 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Continuing his tune, Kamynar Raises a hand high, calling out, "Come out of the shadows and into the light!" and a sphere of pale light emanated from his body across the battlefield and he took off flying out of the cloud and reach of the beasts.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Standard Action: Invisibility Purge: 12min 60ft emination from me: All things become visible (No Save) So now that's settled.
    Move: Fly up, any way that get's me out of the Cloud Kill, The poison guy will still be in my sights, but the second one might not.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Maylene darted for the edge of the stinking cloud, "Clunk, get your rusty ass and your crossbow over here!"

The Helmed Horror ran over to her, crossbow in hand.

"Now, gimme your sword and shoot the blasted things!"

As it reached her, Maylene laid her hands on the sword and it began to glow with the spell she laid on it.

Clunk pulled up the crossbow, aimed, and let off a shot - the bolt crackling with electricity as it left the crossbow.

"There, your sword is ready, go chop 'em up." Maylene handed the newly enchanted sword back to Clunk, sighing in exasperation as the crossbow bolt went flying wide. Maybe she would have to change the type of construct at some point. Something able to hit the broad side of a Tarrasque.

Spoiler: Game mechanics
    Show
    Maylene and Clunk move actions to reach each other (and for Maylene to exit the nasty cloud).
    Clunk standard action shoot one of the beings. (Description, please!)
    Attack: (1d20+11)[15] Crit on 19-20: (1d20+11)[20]
    Damage: (1d10)[7] plus electricity (1d6)[6]
    If Crit: (1d10)[1] plus electricity (1d10)[10]

Maylene standard action cast Greater Magic Weapon (+3) on Clunk's sword.

Hands it back to him.
    Last edited by WebTiefling; 2014-05-21 at 10:44 AM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WebTiefling View Post
    Maylene darted for the edge of the stinking cloud, "Clunk, get your rusty ass and your crossbow over here!"

The Helmed Horror ran over to her, crossbow in hand.

"Now, gimme your sword and shoot the blasted things!"

As it reached her, Maylene laid her hands on the sword and it began to glow with the spell she laid on it.

Clunk pulled up the crossbow, aimed, and let off a shot - the bolt crackling with electricity as it left the crossbow.

"There, your sword is ready, go chop 'em up." Maylene handed the newly enchanted sword back to Clunk, sighing in exasperation as the crossbow bolt went flying wide. Maybe she would have to change the type of construct at some point. Something able to hit the broad side of a Tarrasque.

Spoiler: Game mechanics
    Show
    Maylene and Clunk move actions to reach each other (and for Maylene to exit the nasty cloud).
    Clunk standard action shoot one of the beings. (Description, please!)
    Attack: [roll0] Crit on 19-20: [roll1]
    Damage: [roll2] plus electricity [roll3]
    If Crit: [roll4] plus electricity [roll5]

Maylene standard action cast Greater Magic Weapon (+3) on Clunk's sword.

Hands it back to him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Description is in the OOC. Has been for a couple days.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Henry steps free of his cocoon of healing energies ready to crush opponents under his mighty claws; the dents in his shell have mostly been repairs and he is now flexing confidently at where the giant was standing. He is immediately disappointed by the dead body he finds at that location. When he looks around to get a feel for what he has missed he finds two new creatures locked in battle with his comrades and not much of real interest; there are no more massive enemies or highly trained combatants for Henry to test himself against.

"Disappointing. That was just getting fun."

Henry darts across the battlefield and tackles the enemy closest the Kamynar. His Cherry blossom tree fires off a fresh grenade of pink molten leaves which hits Henry directly while hes locking that foe in place.

Spoiler
    Show

Half Fey SLA castings
    Charm person At Will
    Hypnotism 1/1
    Glitterdust 1/1
    Detect Law 3/3
    Suggestion 1/1
    Confusion 1/1
    Lesser Geas 1/1
    Hold Monster 1/1
    Mass Invisibility 1/1

Growth point status:
    --

Henry’s Nonlethal damage: 150/270
    Treant’s Hp: 92/105 (temp hp absorbed a large amount of damage)
    ------ -----
    Status info:
    Regeneration heals 6 nonlethal damage and Fast Healing heals 1 point

Henry charge attacks the enemy closest to Kamynar.

-2 AC and +2 attack until next round since Henry is charging

Fullround action: Henry charges the opponent nearest to Kamynar's and attacks with both claws ('Double Strike' ability.)

---Greater Claw---
    Attack: (1d20+44)[53] (29 base, + 2 Charge, +13 Kamynar's song)

Damage: (8d6+35)[73]
    +11 strength, +6 Powerful Claws, +5 enhancement, +13 Kamynar's song

If that hits Henry will start a grapple as a free action thanks to Crab Grab

Grapple check: (1d20+57)[59] (+16 Colossal Size, +11 Strength, +4 Improved Grapple Feat, +13 Powerful Claws, +13 BAB)

Unarmed strike damage: (3d6+24)[30] (Colossal+ damage, +11 strength, +13 Kamynar's song)
    Constrict Damage: (8d6+35)[61] (+11 strength, +6 powerful Claws, +5 enhancement, +13 Kamynar's song)

---lesser Claw---
    Attack: (1d20+39)[47] (24 base, + 2 Charge, +13 Kamynar's song )

Damage: (6d6+30)[43] (+11 strength, +6 Powerful Claws, +13 Kamynar's song

If that hits Henry will start a grapple as a free action thanks to Crab Grab

Grapple check: (1d20+57)[68] (+16 Colossal Size, +11 Strength, +4 Improved Grapple Feat, +13 Powerful Claws, +13 BAB)

This will do damage as if it were an unarmed strike as well as trigger constrict damage.

Unarmed strike damage: (3d6+24)[35] (Colossal+ damage, +11 strength, +13 Kamynar's song)
    Constrict Damage: (6d6+30)[46] (+11 strength, +6 powerful Claws, +13 Kamynar's song)

---
    If both attacks hit this will trigger Limb Ripper: The giant must make a fort save DC 22 or lose its head (already subtracted 5 fro the DC to reflect the +5 bonus the enemy receives. It's easier for me to think of it this way.
    ----------
    The treant launches a Cherry Blossom attack at the enemy Hen is engaging. this deals (11d4)[27] damage; a reflex save DC 25 halves the damage. On a failed save half of the damage repeats next round.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The waves of light emanating from Kamynar reveal your foes to all of you - tall, dark mockeries of the champions of the upper planes. Their rotting flesh peels away from their bones, and rot pours from their bodies, forming the pools beneath their feet. The decay they emanate is made all the more putrid by the visible aura of negative energy just above their pockmarked skin.

Clunk's attempt to contribute goes about as well as before - an invisible force seems to deflect its blade from the dark entities.

Henry's furious charge utterly destroys the first of the dark angels, leaving nothing but a smear on the ground and on his claws.

The remaining false angel begins a furious chant in a dark tongue, calling on some dark power. As it does so, the toxic cloud moves across the battlefield, leaving only Henry within it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, you all have your turn. Henry needs another Fort Save at DC 24 to avoid taking (1d4)[1] Con damage.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Kamynar Takes a deep breath, his wings outstretched as flew closer to the remaining target, and drew his arrows, "Dark angel, let you be purged." He called out in his sing song tone, and sent a volley flying into the unholy creature.

Show
    Move: Fly forward to the other ugly guy, upward as well.
    Smite Evil:Ranged Smiting: Cool down (1d4-1)[2] rounds

Spoiler: Single Arrow
    Show
    To Hit: (1d20+44)[2](2)
    (1d8+57)[7](7)+(4d6)[1][6][3][1](11)(Force, Force, Holy, Holy)
    Split Arrow:
    To Hit: (1d20+44)[3](3)
    (1d8+57)[4](4)+(4d6)[6][1][6][6](19)(Force, Force, Holy, Holy)
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Clunk grabbed the sword from Maylene and ran toward the remaining undead monstrosity - its aura of decay and putrification doing nothing to its construct body. Its sword was a blur as it attacked, missing the creature.

Maylene grimaced slightly as she pulled out two wands, "So inelegant, but when needs must ..."

The wands spit out their charges - acid and fire streaking out to eat into their undead bodies.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Clunk:
    Attack: BAB 10 + 3 weapon enh + 2 charge + 5 str + 13 song
    Damage: Str 5 + 3 weapon enh + 13 song
    Attack (Charge): (1d20+33)[39] crit on 17-20 (1d20+33)[50]
    Damage: (1d20+21)[32] and if crit (2d6)[8]
    edit: I forgot - the Song is mind affecting so it doesn't affect clunk. Subtract 13 from his attack, which makes it a miss.

Maylene:
    edit: 36 damage + 26 more for the Song. That makes 62 damage.
    Ranged Touch attacks: BAB 9 + 5 Dex + 13 Song -4 shooting into melee
    Attack Acid: (1d20+23)[24] and maybe crit on a 20 (1d20+23)[42]
    Attack Fire: (1d20+23)[39] and maybe crit on a 20 (1d20+23)[25]
    Damage Acid: (5d8)[17] and maybe crit (5d8)[26]
    Damage Fire: (5d8)[19] and maybe crit (5d8)[17]
    Would the Song apply to these damage too? If so, add 13 more onto each.
    No, it helps to-hit for targeted spells, but not their damage.
    Last edited by WebTiefling; 2014-05-22 at 01:07 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Henry flicks his lesser claw in the direction of the remaining dark creature without even turning to look at it. From the tip of that claw-gauntlet flies a glob of mud, launched at astounding speeds at what Henry guesses in the nest of sensory organs for the creature.

The Sakura-Treant follows this up with a bundle of flowers, as per usual; the two impact at the very same moment, exploding with force that will surely put the creature down once and for all.

Spoiler
    Show
    ----- -----
    Status info:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Regeneration heals 6 nonlethal damage and Fast Healing heals 1 point

Half Fey SLA castings
    Charm person At Will
    Hypnotism 1/1
    Glitterdust 1/1
    Detect Law 3/3
    Suggestion 1/1
    Confusion 1/1
    Lesser Geas 1/1
    Hold Monster 1/1
    Mass Invisibility 1/1

Growth point status:
    --

Henry’s Nonlethal damage: 143/270
    Treant’s Hp: 93/105
    ------ -----

----- -----
    Attacks
    Spoiler
    Show
    Henry fires off a Mudshot at the remaining enemy
    Attack: (1d20+18)[34] (17 normal ranged attk, +1 haste) vs touch ac.
    Damage: (13d10)[53]

The cherry blossom treant performs a Cherry Bomb attack on the remaining enemy.
    Damage: (11d4)[33] acid damage.

A reflex save DC 25 halves. On a failed save the enemy takes an additional half damage of the full damage next round.
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2014-05-23 at 01:45 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The combined assault of the entire group proves to be enough to bring down the last of your foes, as the angel of decay rots into nothingness before your very eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Victory! One fight left in the Chapter.

Byleist's corpse lies still, the Storm King's fury apparently broken.

Looming not too far above you is the great Castle Deepspring, the golem-thing melded into its gates. You aren't certain what, but something tells you you won't get past it without a fight. For now, though, combat has abated, and you have a moment to catch your breath.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Henry crosses his arms and huffs, something that has been picked up over time after interacting with humans, grumbling half under his breath. "...did you really have to kill the storm giant? Our battle was entertaining; the best fight I've had in a long time..."

Henry grumbles a while longer until the feelings finally pass, but the strange emotions leave him fairly quickly. He is not, after all, a Little One so he does not feel petty emotions as Little Ones do. After a few seconds he is once again resolved and unfeeling.

"I claim the giant's sword. He was strong. Capable. He will be equipped in a manner befitting his strength.

You."
    he plays with his thoughts and words until he remembers the title he awarded Maylene earlier. "Littlest Woman. I request your aid once more. The giant will have useful items, unlike the foolish Little Ones we destroyed earlier. Which reminds me..."

Henry dumps the corpse of the Troll leader out of his portable hole. "This as well. The armor may be of use. I will use the body in my garden later; perhaps I could plant my new trees on it..."

Henry constantly radiates healing magic to everyone important in the group while he speaks, wiping away the damage from this battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:

Henry will use Healing Touch on himself, Maylene and Kamynar four times, then on himself, Clunk and the Treant four times. The DC for the heal check is not listed so I'm guessing it is done without a check or it follows the pattern established by the increased healing DC table and will require a check of 15. He'll add 30 to the DC bringing it up to 45 and pass by taking a 10 on the check whioch will give him a result of 47.

Henry|Maylene|Kamynar
    -------------------------------
    (13d4)[32]
    (13d4)[38]
    (13d4)[26]
    (13d4)[30]

Henry|Clunk|Sakura-Treant
    -------------------------------
    (13d4)[33]
    (13d4)[38]
    (13d4)[31]
    (13d4)[35]

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

"Kamynar, this island seems to have a lot of undead, so let me make something for your arrows."

Maylene goes over to the remnants of the undead creatures and begins scooping up little bits of the goop and chipping off pieces of bone. With careful preparation, she spreads them out before her in a bowl and begins casting a spell of Minor Creation. At the spells completion, there is a burst of smoke and a sweet aroma comes from the bowl that has suddenly become overflowing with a thick, softly glowing liquid.

"There, dip your arrows in that, and you'll do a nice number on any undead you hurt. Hit 'em enough and they'll collapse to their constituent parts. It's called Liquid Mortality. And let me juice up a couple of your arrows too - if we get lucky any undead will be instantly destroyed with a Slaying Arrow."

Spoiler: Liquid Mortality and Slaying Arrow
    Show
    Liquid mortality - Injury DC 20 - Initial 1d4 Str Ability Drain, Secondary 2d4 Str Ability Drain
    Slaying Arrow - DC 29 Fort save or be destroyed upon injury

"Clunk, your turn. Gimme your crossbow, you're obviously useless with it. I'll make it less so."

"Henry, now you - you like charging in and smashing things. Let me crank that up a bit for you and something to help you react even more quickly."

"Kamynar - your bow would probably like to do a number on those casters, wouldn't she? She's such a lovely bow. And let's make sure you hit what Kamynar aims you at." Maylene's attention focuses on the bow and pretty soon they are talking to each other, though you can't hear the bow's side of the conversation.

"And for me, I've had enough of their necromantic magics for one day."

As Maylene casts her magics, sparks, flames, darkness, and cascading lights flash about her.

By the time she finishes, she is covered with a thin sheen of sweat and her face is flushed. Residual bits of magic occasionally spark around her and tiny bubbles suddenly pop into the air for a brief moment before popping out again. The magical side-effects slowly fade away.

"There. What else can you guys think of? I can't do much with the magical items we've collected so far, but just you guys wait until we have time to settle down with this stuff. I'll deck you guys out like you wouldn't believe."

She begins collecting all the items except for the massive sword and dropping them into her backpack. At one point she yells into it, "Hey, while you're at it, bring up my chains. Get ready to toss them out when I tell you to."

Spoiler: BUFFING
    Show
    This stuff all lasts for 140 minutes.

Henry:
    Valorous - double damage on a charge. (Natural Weapon Augmentation)
    Warning - +5 Initiative Check (Natural Weapon Augmentation, Lesser)
    +3 Magic Weapon on Lesser Claw (Greater Magic Weapon)

Clunk's Crossbow, wielded by Maylene now
    Air Elemental Power - can summon a Greater Air Elemental for 15 rounds. (Weapon Augmentation)

Kamynar's Bow:
    Magebane - add 2 to its enhancement AND +2d6 vs creatures with spells/SLAs (Weapon Augmentation, Lesser)
    Seeking - negates miss chances from concealment. Bye bye blur, invisibility, cover, etc. (Weapon Augmentation, Lesser)

Maylene's poor club:
    Acidic - +1d6 Acid (Weapon Augmentation, Personal)
    Earth Elemental Power - summon a Large Earth Elemental for 11 rounds (Weapon Augmentation, Personal)

Maylene's Clothes:
    Soulfire - immune to negative energy and energy drain and more. (Armor Enhancement, Greater)
    Mirror Image - 3/day 6 images for 6 minutes (Armor Enhancement)
    Last edited by WebTiefling; 2014-05-28 at 03:57 PM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

“Good.” Henry nods approvingly at the offer of magical enhancement. It has been years since he was ‘all natty’ and Maylene’s spells will certainly do his body well. At the very least it will bode better for him than the Orcish ‘health supplements’ he once used to mold the fleshy form he now possesses into something more befitting a Crab of his power.

Once her magic has settled on him he takes a few seconds to grow accustomed to himself once more; muscles all over his body are flexed in a strange rhythm, his weigh is shifted to and fro, and his claws are weighed against each other as if Maylene’s magical enhancement could lend his lesser Claw more mass.

“You little ones have done well. Your wills are strong and your magic potent; I…liked that song, Little Singer." As rare as his thanks is a compliment of this magnitude, and Henry himself doesn't seem very sure of what to make of that. "I do not have magic like either of you, but I offer something all the same, For our next battle I will contribute my garden.” Henry grasps the Cherry Blossom treant tenderly with his magic imbued claws and allows his magic to flow through it.

“You too have done well, my precious tree. But there is more to be done and I have need of the others now. Rest, Sakura of my grove, and sleep. I will call upon your strength again soon.” The leaves fall like rain from the cherry blossom tree shrouding it and Henry’s claws. Occasionally a brief glimpse of the tree itself is visible under the haze of flower petals, but there is little to see other than branches wiggling and the trunk dancing in place. The petals never seem to settle, always rising back up to further enshroud the tree from which they fell and the master whom they serve.

After only a few seconds the many bits of pink rush inward toward Henry’s claws: there he holds a single delicate stem ending in a pink flower. He tucks this into his hair and each of his claws pluck another flower. His Greater claw draws the Chartreuse flower from the sprig of a Willow and plants it to his right while his lesser Claw produces the pale-green flower of an Oak and deposits it in the ground to his left.

Both treants grow to their full size quickly, each a towering and vibrant affair of green leaves and the magic of the earth. Sparks of Henry’s own personal magic jump across the bark of each treant for a few moments after he awakens them, only settling when he draws his claws away from these newly grown servants.

“We go into the darkness, so I will be our light. You,” he points to the Oak treant with his lesser claw, “Will be their shield and you,” he points to the Willow treant now with that same claw, ”will be mine. Strength in our arms, Song in our chests, Spell on our claws, Shields at our sides. We are ready.”

“We march." With this he leads the group toward their next battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Statuses
    Show
    ----------
    Half Fey SLA castings
    Charm person At Will
    Hypnotism 1/1
    Glitterdust 1/1
    Detect Law 3/3
    Suggestion 1/1
    Confusion 1/1
    Lesser Geas 1/1
    Hold Monster 1/1
    Mass Invisibility 1/1

Growth point status: 27/31 spent. 0 returning on next round
    --
    Treant Allies: 2/2
    9-Greater Oak Treant
    1-Nature Slumber: Cherry Blossom
    9-Greater Weeping Willow Treant
    1-Magic Bark: Oak treant
    1-Magic Bark: Willow Treant
    2-Chlorophyll: Oak Treant
    2-Chlorophyll: Willow Treant

Henry’s Nonlethal damage: 0/270
    Current size: Manly Medium Form
    ---
    Oak Treant HP: 161/161
    AC: 28
    Fast healing 6 in sunlight
    ---
    Willow Treant HP: 189/189
    AC: 28
    Fast Healing 6 in sunlight

----------
    Show
    Henry will return his Cherry Blossom Treant to its slumbering form and awaken the Oak and Willow Treants. Each will then be imbued with

Standard: Nature's Slumber on Cherry blossom. 8 growth points returned.

Standard: Release Nature's Slumber on Oak. 8 growth points invested.

Standard: Release Nature's Slumber on Willow. 8 growth points invested.

Standard: Imbue Oak with Magic Bark and Chlorophyll (3 growth points total)

Standard: Imbue Willow with Magic Bark and Chlorophyll (3 Growth points total)

Free: Praise Little Ones for a job well done.
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2014-06-01 at 09:26 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Kamynar smiled and took a deep breath, "We've done well, let's try to do a bit more. Everyone gather round. Don't know about you, but I could use some health."

First was their artificer, "Thank you, Maylene, you've been so good to my dear friend, now let's get you back to normal. When we've got time to rest, we should dance to this beautiful song, all three of us." he began their dance for just a little bit, a feeling of rejuvenation spreading from his hand on the woman's back.

He then spun round to Henry, Now then, look at you, you big strong man, protecting the two of us and earning our flattery. I can give your kids a few goodies if you'd like. I'm pretty sure they haven't got magic enhancements. I have spells left, and it looks like we'll need all we can get.

Kamynar healed himself, then looks to his companions, [COLOR="#800000]"We shall be victorious, now I've got to recharge our extra vigor."[/COLOR]

He then sat down to meditate for a bit and got up, "These spells will last twelve minutes, so when we're ready, I'll set about them."

Kamynar also began humming, ready to arm his friends with a song to lead them to battle for the light.

Spoiler: Buffs
    Show
    Lay on Hands: Lesser Restorations on the Con Damage, Hero's Leadership: recharge Temp HP: (10d8)[45]

Bull's Strength on Willow and Oak
    Bear's Endurance on Myself, Willow, and Oak

Ready Action to use IC when Initiative is called.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Maylene grinned at the giant crab - she thought she was starting to make sense of the strange being.

"Oh you do have a strong shell and a strong claw, don't you? Enough to turn a girl's head, I do say. And you always seem to have so much big, thick, hard wood around too."

And since she was getting a handle on him, she hoped she knew how to start tweaking his nose ... er, antenna?

Kamynar's hands felt really, really good on her back and she sighed as he finished. "Oh that was lovely. Thank you very much. Physical exertion is not my area of ... well, strength. That, well, that just made me feel better than I have since we were on the boat."

"And, Henry, since you're so strong and I'm so not, would you please take these chains with you? I'm going to use them, but they're really heavy for little me to pull around. Normally I have Clunk carry them, but you are so much faster than he is, that I think we'll be better served by having them with you."

Maylene opens her backpack as she speaks and a small, grey hand reaches up from the backpack and hands several chains to her. She lugs the 6 foot chains out and reaches in for more chains. And more. And more. And more.

Eventually she has a pile of fourteen iron chains on the ground next to her and she pulls her backpack back on.

"You can just drop them when you charge in on something, and I'll set them to dancing from there."

Maylene started poking a the sword and the armor Henry was using and shuddered. "Nasty things used them, but the items are delightful. Just give me a moment to check them out."

With that, Maylene sat down with them, dwarfed by the massive weapon and armor and set her magic to Identify the items.
    Last edited by WebTiefling; 2014-08-01 at 12:41 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Henry waves the praise away with his lesser Claw while waiting for Maylene to finish identifying the magical equipment and Maylene’s overt innuendo passes over his head without so much as a blink of his eyes. As far as Henry is concerned his trees have earned admiration for their exceptional bark and the fact that he can turn a girls head with his Greater Claw doesn’t mean much since he has already proven he can snap a creature's head off; no turning is required but he certainly can do that too and he appreciates that others are taking the range of uses for that Claw into account.

Kamynar’s offer of magic for the treants does get Henry’s attention though. “Then we will take your power, Little Singer.” He states. It is...almost a form of thanks. Henry realizes this after seven or eight seconds and, with great difficulty, tacks on, “...and we are grateful that you offered.”

To cover his brilliant communication skills Henry goes ahead and drapes the iron chains across his glorious crustacean shoulders with his lesser Claw. The one or two hundred pounds of metal might as well be a silk scarf for him. In fact he has to take care not to accidentally flex and snap the delicate metal without meaning to.