New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HALO 179: Under New MAGnagement!

[Carrie's Room]

It isn't as bad as Kyne thought it would be. It definitely hurts, but she'd endured worse so she bears this without flinching, but she was anticipating immediate damage to the hand's muscles. So she goes to intertwine fingers. Want me to get you something?

[Halls]

I'm wearing last night's dress and I look like a hot ass mess. Although my hair looks good, 'cause I haven't slept yet! Angela steps out of deadtime and down the dormitory halls, hips swaying as she sings. What's our favorite foxgirl lust goddess been up to?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

[Carrie's Room]
    Mmmh... uh, gods. Maybe... like... a pizza. I'll try not to eat all of it, though, cuties need their energy too.
    She giggles and kisses her cheek gently.

---

[Halls]
    Sioda comes home and sees her fiancee being all hot and stuff. Chase the wiggling hips!
    Except Sioda does some swaying of her own, and it's her whole body, which means that her pursuit of future-wifely butt gets sidetracked by a detour into the wall. Bap!
    Get off me, wall, I'm going to surprise her and grab her ass!
    Sioda rolled a natural negative ten for stealth.

Long day at work?
    Last edited by Beans; 2014-04-04 at 12:15 AM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Psi-chosis]

Focus on it. Keep trying to feel it. Take a hold of it.
    It is a bit strange that he can close his eyes, but it's a nice feature. Saves his having to get an eye-patch.

You remember counting the number of people in the building? It's possible to see them through their minds. One can see the past of objects or places, know the future before it happens, convince people that they thought of things themselves, steal others' senses...to a certain extent your imagination is your only limit. Practically, some things take a lot more mental energy than others.
    Arlem sits herself down, cross-legged, and looks between Leo and Mr. C.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    [Psi-chosis]

"Hmm...That makes sense," Leo muses over Arlem's teachings. "I wonder...Does psychokinesis require much more energy than telepathy?" His eyes move toward the pool nearby; he clearly has an idea that he'd like to try. The confidence that he felt before is still with him, apparently, because he doesn't even wait for a response before focusing his conscious mind on the surface of the water, trying to influence it with his mind. Several seconds pass with no result, so Leo takes a seat at the edge of the water and tries again to concentrate his thoughts on shaping the water...

((There won't be any effect yet, of course. Just wanted to set this up as the next thing he'd like to try.))
    [Psi-chosis]

Mr C continues to think. thousand s of books run down his mind as he search his memory for anything to help him. His mind is nearly blewing up as he can't find an answer. Then suddendly there is nothing. he has reached the limits of his knowledge and end up in a new part.
    Then he noticed something. something he can't really point at or even name it. It was only for a blink if not less he felt things.
    "There was..is something." He finally says after reaching through his mind again.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #124

Kitchen (closed scene)

Caelynn enters the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of wine and sitting down.
    She uncorks the bottle, and is just about to take a sip when...
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #125

The Lab

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Pesty shrugs. Not-heavy power armor---the belt manifests the form-fitting base suit and over-armor plates, which keeps you pretty safe while not hampering your movements. Enhances your strength and speed too, and there's some tactical data in the helmet display.

She pulls out a bit of a bulky-looking belt with a dull greyish buckle; the metal oval has a cut-out section that looks like you could slide in a circular object. Accordingly, she pulls out a greyish circle with a red Y-like symbol on it. They all have the same basic principle---there's a power button on the back of the buckle here, and then you slide in the insert key. Bing, boom, the belt says its little jingle and you're wearing a new pair of laser-powered pants.
    "I'm sorta working on something like that myself, actually. Got KR and Remnant's basic power armor designs thanks to diplomatic shenanigans; gonna mash them together like two DBZ characters doing that stupid-looking fusion dance. The sleek, noble sort of grace of the Rems, and the cold, unstylish, machine-like efficiency of DC's robot-daughter-son or whatever the hell the weird situation is with them. Maybe throw a big purple 'M' on the chest too, since shameless narcissism is sort of my trademark."

He peers intently at the belt for a moment or two, forgetting his tangent about the fusion dance armor to ponder a much more important dilemma. Pesty's design is pretty nifty, even if it's got a weird red 'Y' symbol on it, instead of a purple M, like any self-respecting piece of technology ought to have.

"You said form-fitting. Does that mean it only works for you, or does it detect your height and weight and junk while it's still just a belt? If a big ol' ogre put it on, would it hack him apart at his kneecaps?" Eeesh. Why'd you have to go there, Magtok?

Magtok's Office

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Caelynn gets up, rubbing the back of her head.
    I'm dreaming, right? This is all a dream, there's no way anyone one elect Magtok as leader!
    ((*Pokes Aric*))
    Spoiler: Ignore This Post if Anything the Jedi Does Might Make It Inapplicable
    Show

Magtok frowns from all the way across the room, still seated at his desk, frowning, and struggling to get another Jenga block from the middle of the tower to slide out and be repositioned at the top. "I'd be vaguely offended, except I was appointed leader, not elected, thank you. So it's not even an accurate disparaging of my leadership abilities and morality or whatever." Self-appointed leader, too. Only reason you're still in charge is nobody felt like contesting your claim of having been second-in-command at the time of Mr. Druid's departure from office, Magtok. I'm sure Toby would've punched your brains right out of your skull if you were lying about that, though.

He shoots a glance towards the Jedi, who's probably more than a little confused by all of this. "Ex-girlfriend. She ditched me mid-date for a talking cat, and then had the nerve to be offended when she came back and saw I'd left without her. Lots of ugly baggage there, not the least of which is the potentially apocalyptic child resulting from that tryst."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Halls]
    Sioda comes home and sees her fiancee being all hot and stuff. Chase the wiggling hips!
    Except Sioda does some swaying of her own, and it's her whole body, which means that her pursuit of future-wifely butt gets sidetracked by a detour into the wall. Bap!
    Get off me, wall, I'm going to surprise her and grab her ass!
    Sioda rolled a natural negative ten for stealth.

Long day at work?

---

[Carrie's Room]
    Mmmh... uh, gods. Maybe... like... a pizza. I'll try not to eat all of it, though, cuties need their energy too.
    She giggles and kisses her cheek gently.
    [Halls]

The foxgirl's ears perk up and her tail starts to wag before she turns around and grins at the Aspect. Hey, sweetie!

[Carrie's Room]

I'll make two. Kyne smiles and leaves the room. It doesn't really matter, because she's not going to care or show it bothering her, but what, exactly does her own hand look like after all that handholding?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Kitchen (closed scene)

Caelynn enters the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of wine and sitting down.
    She uncorks the bottle, and is just about to take a sip when...
    A young woman walks in, with dark red hair and orange fox eyes. She has a slender build and doesn't look particularly intimidating, physically or sexually like her sister Angela, but she walks as confidentially as a tigress prowls through her jungle. She's wearing a cat collar with a silver moon-shaped tag with something written on both sides, but you'll have to get really close to read the front.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]
    Sioda stops arguing with the wall and waves to her fiancee, stumbling over to give her a hug.
    Hiya, sugar... mh, sorry I'm so wonked out, it's been a crazy couple of days.

[Carrie's Room]
    Kyne may find that her hand has acquired some pretty nasty burns. It would have been worse were she a mortal, probably.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Office

Therlynn knocks on Magtok's door, and waits patiently for a response.

9. - Top - End - #129

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Halls]

The foxgirl's ears perk up and her tail starts to wag before she turns around and grins at the Aspect. Hey, sweetie!

[Carrie's Room]

I'll make two. Kyne smiles and leaves the room. It doesn't really matter, because she's not going to care or show it bothering her, but what, exactly does her own hand look like after all that handholding?

A young woman walks in, with dark red hair and orange fox eyes. She has a slender build and doesn't look particularly intimidating, physically or sexually like her sister Angela, but she walks as confidentially as a tigress prowls through her jungle. She's wearing a cat collar with a silver moon-shaped tag with something written on both sides, but you'll have to get really close to read the front.
    Caelynn downs a lot of the bottles contents, before turning to look at Kyne.
    Oh, hello mish. Want shome? It'sh really good! Man, it's been so long, I forgot how good wine tashtesh.
    Caelynn asks, offering the half empty bottle.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

10. - Top - End - #130

[Halls]

That's okay! What have you been up to? Angela hugs Sioda tightly, then gives her a kiss.

[Kitchen]

Kyne looks Caelynn up and down. No thanks. Who are you?

((Ark, I have no idea why you would start a new adventure in the Outside thread without finishing your previous one with Earl and myself. You also need to post in the Inside thread for the Red Zone Pandemonium. If Beta team can get off the helicopter, Alpha team can have a separate scene in the area and both scenes will move faster.))

11. - Top - End - #131

[Halls]

That's okay! What have you been up to? Angela hugs Sioda tightly, then gives her a kiss.

[Kitchen]

Kyne looks Caelynn up and down. No thanks. Who are you?

((Ark, I have no idea why you would start a new adventure in the Outside thread without finishing your previous one with Earl and myself. You also need to post in the Inside thread for the Red Zone Pandemonium. If Beta team can get off the helicopter, Alpha team can have a separate scene in the area and both scenes will move faster.))
    The cat-eared woman, bags under her eyes, her brilliant blond moptop contrasting with her vivid purple eyes and fair ski, dressed in a purple dress shirt, black leggings and a skirt, shiny steel boots, and gauntlet, smiles amicably.
    Name's Caelynn Turath. Jusht returned from a very stressful maternity leave.

- - - Updated - - -

((sorry, replying now))
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]

She hugs back, giggling softly, then looks a bit more serious.
    Well, I've been trying to deal with the mess that started because Carrie's... sort of not a goddess any more... I mean, she's okay, but... mortal again. And we need a new boss.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133

[Kitchen]

Kynegetis, Aspect of Angela the Huntress. She intently scrutinizes a frozen pizza, reading the instructions twice before frowning in serious concentration at the pizza oven's dials. You don't look like a mother.

[Halls]

Blink. Blinkblink. Carrie Descended!? How did that happen?
    Last edited by FireFox; 2014-04-05 at 09:57 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134

[Kitchen]

Kynegetis, Aspect of Angela the Huntress. She intently scrutinizes a frozen pizza, reading the instructions twice before frowning in serious concentration at the pizza oven's dials. You don't look like a mother.

[Halls]

Blink. Blinkblink. Carrie Descended!? How did that happen?
    Well I am. Not Shure if I should take that as a compliment or an inshult.
    Caelynn replies, facing Kyne and puzzled by why a pizza box requires serious concentration.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

15. - Top - End - #135

Yet Another MagOffice Scene

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Office

Therlynn knocks on Magtok's door, and waits patiently for a response.
    "Come in!" Magtok calls out from the opposite side of the door. Therlynn will find him picking up the wooden pieces of his Jenga set from the floor and stuffing them back into their proper container, as well as a live bird wearing a silly blue top hat and red boots on his desk, which periodically dips its beak into a cup of water, as if it were one of those dumb little novelty bird toys.

"Excuse the mess. I forgot we're underwater, and then a strong current came along and rocked the base just the slightest bit, not enough to be felt by anyone at all, but enough to topple my tower and ruin the perfect score I was going for. Did you know that nobody's ever won a solo game of Jenga before?" Ugh. That's because it's physically impossible to 'win', Magtok. You just keep going until you lose.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]
    Sioda sighs. Apparently, she burnt it out saving Sam... no, not burnt it out, more like... apparently she literally burned it like, like fuel or something... She shakes her head, rubbing her eyepatch. They got Sam back, thank gods, and she's alright... but, well, there's a seat and it needs to be filled.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Yet Another MagOffice Scene

"Come in!" Magtok calls out from the opposite side of the door. Therlynn will find him picking up the wooden pieces of his Jenga set from the floor and stuffing them back into their proper container, as well as a live bird wearing a silly blue top hat and red boots on his desk, which periodically dips its beak into a cup of water, as if it were one of those dumb little novelty bird toys.

"Excuse the mess. I forgot we're underwater, and then a strong current came along and rocked the base just the slightest bit, not enough to be felt by anyone at all, but enough to topple my tower and ruin the perfect score I was going for. Did you know that nobody's ever won a solo game of Jenga before?" Ugh. That's because it's physically impossible to 'win', Magtok. You just keep going until you lose.
    Therlynn blinks a few times at this display before slowly saying, "...Alright...Anyways, sir, I have some intel on a group of people claiming to be something called 'Sith'...I think it's just a brainwashing cult, but I'm going to go undercover to find out more about it. They got a friend of mine...I have to save her."

18. - Top - End - #138

Well! Civvy's back!

She's hanging around somewhere. Probably reading again/still.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

19. - Top - End - #139

Therlynn MagOffice Scene

The cyborg shrugs, back still turned as he drops to the floor to pick up a Jenga piece that had fallen under his desk. "Oh yeah, some Jedi Knight guy told me about them. More of an academy than a brainwashing cult. They teach you to use evil space wizard powers, but the powers corrupt you and make you extra evil and junk. Whatever, something like that. Your friend might be there voluntarily, as much as it probably disturbs you to think that; Sith aren't usually the abduct and forcibly convert sort."

The cyborg gets back up off the floor, feeds the bird a cracker, and then reaches into his desk, pulling out a shiny metal box. He had to move a few other films out of the way first, though.

"Also, I didn't want to say it earlier when the Knight guy was around, but the Jeds and Sith are from a movie series. One I'm a big fan of, actually. I can loan you a DVD with the original film trilogy and a bag of popcorn, if you want to do some research before launching your undercover mission."
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2014-04-06 at 07:51 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Therlynn MagOffice Scene

Therlynn frowns at the insinuation, and even moreso at the movies Magtok brushed out of the way. However, she nods and says, "Alright...But have an extraction team ready...This could get unpleasant if it goes bad, and I'd rather not stick around people with laser swords if it does...My regeneration doesn't work on burns very well."

21. - Top - End - #141

Therlynn MagOffice Scene

Magtok groans in frustration. "Ugh, I need to stop sending you people on infiltration missions. That's like three rescue operations I have to keep around on standby, just in case. Get captured or killed or otherwise do a terrible job of this and I'm going to slap your baby, Therlynn. Not hard enough to bruise, just enough to get it to start crying, and then I'm going to walk out of the room and calming it down again is going to be you and your mate's problem and it will ruin what otherwise could've been a quiet, ideal little afternoon here at home."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Therlynn MagOffice Scene

Therlynn, voice noticeably restrained from shouting at Magtok, says, "Godsdammit, Magtok. Just drop the stupid 'Reformed but not really villain' act, and actually LEAD for once. This is a serious situation...The Sith people are bad news, and to complicate things, I'm pretty sure the guy in charge, some dude named Trucido, is a werewolf...I didn't notice when I stopped by a few weeks ago, but now that I think about it, there's no mistaking that scent. I'm going to deal with it, if I can. But, dammit Magtok, be ready to get me out with extreme prejudice if I can't."

23. - Top - End - #143

Therlynn MagOffice Scene

Magtok shakes his head, putting the act aside as requested. "No, you're not. You can rescue your friend and gather information, but no disintegrations. It's way too soon to cut the head off the serpent. We don't know what kind it is; it might be the weird magical sort that grows an even nastier set of monster heads in its place. It's pretty common for Sith masters to have an apprentice that's totally nuts and desperate to usurp them and destabilize everything, too."

Magtok pulls a manilla envelope out of his sleeve, full of pictures of a totaled bank lobby, with blood and gore splattered all over the place, and Trucido at the center of it all, lightsabers primed and ready for battle.

"I've met their leader too, before his lycanthropy deal, and as long as he's having fun with this whole thinking he's a teacher thing, he's not out butchering dozens in the span of a single afternoon. We will take him down when we're good and ready, Therlynn. We will not launch foolish suicide missions that end up making me look like a coward if I have the sense not to go after you, or a fool if do and wind up throwing even more innocent lives into the thresher. I am not your foolproof, instantaneously-deployed safety net, nor will I ever be."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Therlynn MagOffice Scene

Therlynn nods, and says, "I wasn't planning on a disintegration, sir. But these people don't mess around. All I'm asking for is an out if they have a way to figure out my motives, because if they do, I'm going to have a helluva time getting out in one piece on my own. And if it comes to that, you can reprimand me in whatever way you see fit, because I'll be lucky to get out alive. But that's it. All I need is an exit plan."

25. - Top - End - #145
    Halfling in the Playground

Aric, Ark, Magtok and Mee

Garn simply helps the girl up and tries to heal her pain the best he can, only nodding to Magtok's words. He's now out of his depth. He doesn't understand relationships.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post

Garn simply helps the girl up and tries to heal her pain the best he can, only nodding to Magtok's words. He's now out of his depth. He doesn't understand relationships.
    He succeeds! Caelynn only has very minor injuries, so that should be easy to heal.
    Right... I'm totally dreaming. I'm going to go wake up now.
    And caelynn punches herself in the face!
    ... so apparently I'm not dreaming.
    So, on to business then! Magtok, I wish to rejoin HALO.
    Caelynn says to Magtok, slightly embarrassed.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #147

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post

Civvy snuck away sometime in the middle of this!

Unless she was directly needed. In which case she was back. Otherwise she was gooone.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

28. - Top - End - #148

Jedi/Catgirl/Cyborg Jamboree

"Permission granted, Ms. Turath. Just please stop punching yourself in my office, I don't want to have to wash blood out of the carpet." Pfft, like Magtok would ever clean the floors himself. Not when he has robot minions for that sort of thing.

Therlynn MagOffice Scene

"Here," Magtok says begrudgingly, holding out what looks like a tiny chrome earthworm between his fingers. It even wiggles and writhes like one, too!

"Stick it in your ear, and it'll find a snug place to roost in your ear canal where nobody can see it. I'll be able to hear everything you hear, and respond accordingly. Say the words 'I have a bad feeling about this', followed by a color from blue to red, with red being immediate emergency evacuation five minutes ago, green meaning have someone ready, and yellow meaning have someone ready sooner than green, but you can hold out for maybe a minute or two without dying." Magtok extends his hand out towards her, seemingly oblivious to how icky this must be. I'm sure he's laughing maniacally on the inside, though.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Therlynn MagOffice Scene

Therlynn examines the...thing for a moment, shaking her head, before muttering, "I don't have a better option, do I..." as she takes the thing from Magtok and inserts it into her left ear.

30. - Top - End - #150

sigh Re: [Nexus] HALO 179: Under New MAGnagement!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Jedi/Catgirl/Cyborg Jamboree

"Permission granted, Ms. Turath. Just please stop punching yourself in my office, I don't want to have to wash blood out of the carpet." Pfft, like Magtok would ever clean the floors himself. Not when he has robot minions for that sort of thing.

Therlynn MagOffice Scene

"Here," Magtok says begrudgingly, holding out what looks like a tiny chrome earthworm between his fingers. It even wiggles and writhes like one, too! :smallyuk:

"Stick it in your ear, and it'll find a snug place to roost in your ear canal where nobody can see it. I'll be able to hear everything you hear, and respond accordingly. Say the words 'I have a bad feeling about this', followed by a color from blue to red, with red being immediate emergency evacuation five minutes ago, green meaning have someone ready, and yellow meaning have someone ready sooner than green, but you can hold out for maybe a minute or two without dying." Magtok extends his hand out towards her, seemingly oblivious to how icky this must be. I'm sure he's laughing maniacally on the inside, though.
    Caelynn nods.
    "thank you. And that was only once."
    Caelynn points out, not in the mood to argue with Magtok right now.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show