New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HALO 179: Under New MAGnagement!

[Tour]

Eira, for her part, follows the tour closely, learning the lay of the area, and desperately trying to avoid mentioning the recent...incident.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tour]
    Barring anythign else, the tour ends before long, with an informed Eira and a nervous Carrie!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "It is, however, rather unfortunate, in that there are others who can heal better and faster than you can. What else have you got? I presume there's some combat aspect to the whole 'combat medic' thing which can keep you from being overshadowed completely by those with magic or sufficiently advanced technology." Magtok chooses his words carefully, trying not to sound too critical of the drow for specializing in the medical field. He's dabbled in that kind of stuff himself; it doesn't make him any less of a talented combatant, after all.
    I am skilled in both close quarters combat and the use of small arms and rifles. I also am a novice pilot. Xellia replies. I'm best with small arms with minimal recoil out of the four though, due to the medical aspect of my job, which requires me to be able to dive into the fray to get to the wounded, and it most often brings me to the front lines. And I can't exactly move my patient out of the way of harm if i'm firing an assault rifle and want to hit my target, can I?
    Xellia chuckles.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

[Tour]

Did we visit Magtok? Because I think he's having a problem right now, one that would be hilarious for a goddess and an ex-goddess to comment on.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tour - Outside MagOffice]
    Well, the last stop is to visit the boss... the new boss, actually.
    Carrie reaches for the door, not knowing the ludicrous horror awaiting her on the other side...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Barbarian in the Playground

MagOffice - War Nurse

"That's true. Well then, I think I've heard enough. You're in, Ms. Arabana. There's a spare room in the dorms, just pick one out that doesn't look occupied. Knock first though, just to be on the safe side."

She's either genuine, or a sneaky evil drow spy who knows what she's doing and isn't a completely incompetent buffoon. Either way, he'll probably be able to find a use for the dark elf.

MagOffice - Piles of Naked Women

Spoiler: Hatter's Post
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Magtok's Office

Suddenly a strange rift from another location is opened here. It's obviously originating from the special teleportation device Shoyler was supplied when Magtok ordered him to go and free the many slaves in Skyside. As the portal opens wide, Magtok might suddenly feel extremely uncomfortable. (That is, if Magtok's even in the room.) That second, two scantily clad slave females will plop into the room from the portal, not knowing where the hell they are! The bewildered slaves don't have more than a second to gaze about before another pair falls out of the portal. Why, every second more and more slaves pile into the small room, unable to do anything but crash into eachother or let out yelps as others drop atop of them! In less than a minute, eighty-three scantily clad slaves will be dropped into Magtok's office, absolutely filling the cramped space. So, unfortunately Magtok might end up absolutely covered in half-naked women between the ages of 13 and 25, all groaning about and yelling confusedly. To top it all off, Shoyler walks through the portal, closing it behind him as he falls onto the pile of people, his back almost pressed against the ceiling. Now, the entire... mob of slaves is groaning and pushing and trying to wiggle away.

How awkward.

It's actually a rather spacious office. Or was, anyways. Magtok's rather paralyzed with fear right now, hiding behind his desk in utter astonishment as the former slaves as they just keep pouring into the room. Who knew there were even this many slaves in the Nexus?! Why do they keep appearing, what do they want, what in the hell is going on?!
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2014-04-15 at 07:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

7. - Top - End - #247

Magtok - War Nurse 2: War of the Nurses

Xellia nods.
    Thank you sir.
    She then leaves.
    And closes the scene behind her, presumably.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

[The End of the Line]

Eira nods and waits for Carrie to introduce her to the boss of HALO, also completely unaware of the mountain of scantily clad women on the other side of the door. And also Magtok is somewhere in there, I suppose.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Magoffice]
    Carrie opens the door and is promptly swamped by a flood of people wearing far too few items of clothing.
    THIS IS STUPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

[THE FLOOOOOD]

Eira is also caught up in the flood, screaming, "AHHH! WHAT IN THE NAME OF ME IS GOING ON!"

11. - Top - End - #251

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    "Through various sources around the Nexus. i am a soldier withouta cause or amaster,a warrior without purpose. what better purpose for one such as myself than to loyally serve a goddess of death?"
    she replies as they search.
    "Oh, no." Civvy objects slightly, as they turn a corner on their search. "Goddess of Killing Stuff and People. Not death. They're two separate things."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

12. - Top - End - #252

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Oh, no." Civvy objects slightly, as they turn a corner on their search. "Goddess of Killing Stuff and People. Not death. They're two separate things."
    Then she is the goddess of one of an aspect of death, or a part of it, if you will. And if so, that makes her no less fitting for a ronin like me to serve.
    Shanelle replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #253

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Then she is the goddess of one of an aspect of death, or a part of it, if you will. And if so, that makes her no less fitting for a ronin like me to serve.
    Shanelle replies.
    "That's fair. I'll admit, I didn't realize she was accepting people. Buuuuut I have no idea about any of this stuffs." Civvy admits, shrugging.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

14. - Top - End - #254

Inside the MagOffice

The flood subsides! Thank goodness someone opened the door, Magtok might've drowned in there or something!

He's still caught under his desk for now, the spinny chair the only thing separating him from some Slave Leia's flailing arms, blindly reaching out, seeking some guilty neck to strangle for this embarrassing mishap.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

[Flood Of People]
    Carrie digs herself out of a pile of people, swearing under her breath and shoving a bunch of writhing bodies off her lap.
    Thanks, I needed to feel horrifically violated today.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

The Flood:

A very confused Shoyler stumbles out of Magtok's office, looking thoroughly bewildered. He had no idea what to do or say. So, he picks himself up from the floor and looks about, trying not to step on any poor individual. I... suppose I succeeded?

17. - Top - End - #257

The Flood

A metal arm reaches out from under Magtok's desk, as Maggy tries to find a way out that won't involve being pressed uncomfortably close to someone else. "Shoyler, you're very lucky that I don't have the power to fire you from HALO. You're also very lucky that I'm stuck here, and can't punch all of your teeth out. Fix this, immediately."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

The Floooooooood

Eira pops up next to Carrie, sputtering and spitting a little water out as she says, "What...What the...Why are there many naked women around? And why did they flood out of your leader's office, Carrie? Is there something I should know? Is there something you didn't tell me about this place? Is it a weird place?"

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    The Flood

A metal arm reaches out from under Magtok's desk, as Maggy tries to find a way out that won't involve being pressed uncomfortably close to someone else. "Shoyler, you're very lucky that I don't have the power to fire you from HALO. You're also very lucky that I'm stuck here, and can't punch all of your teeth out. Fix this, immediately."
    Shoyler stands up and makes sure he isn't accidentally groping some poor individual. He's obviously quite uncomfortable, though he's not as covered. Magtok seems to have taken the brunt of the flood. You gave me a transporter, but didn't tell me where to put them! I only ever went to this room, really, so I guess it decided to port them here! They're free now though, so that's good. I don't... Uhh. Magtok, was there actually a plan after this? Or? What?

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    The Floooooooood

Eira pops up next to Carrie, sputtering and spitting a little water out as she says, "What...What the...Why are there many naked women around? And why did they flood out of your leader's office, Carrie? Is there something I should know? Is there something you didn't tell me about this place? Is it a weird place?"
    Carrie sighs. I have no idea. Apparently this new guy did it and... look, this isn't supposed to happen. Um. I think. People generally show up like you, through the door.
    ---
    [Entrance]
    Fancy that, the transport is coming down right now.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Dani, as it happens, hears Carrie hollering and starts in her direction...

===

Meanwhile: Occupying the arriving transport is a certain white-haired young-looking lady. Although she's wearing contacts today. Blue ones.

With them, one might well assume it's Erin.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

[Transport]
    With her is a similarly white-haired, maroon-eyed young lady. Which is totally coincidential.
    This one, it seems, could be mistaken for Carrie based on her face, if one did not pay attention to the expressions she makes with it, or the way she carries herself.

---
    [Ladypile]
    Carrie waves weakly to the tiny redhead, extricating herself from the people and shuddering.
    Last edited by Beans; 2014-04-17 at 09:29 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

[Hallway]

And Dani hurries over to Carrie.
    "Carrie! Are you okay?!" the little redhead calls, concerned.

===

[Transport]

The transport docks, and Arinathe Erin-lookalike disembarks.
    "Remember, Nettie. Fly casual." she observes, stretching.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

24. - Top - End - #264

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Shoyler stands up and makes sure he isn't accidentally groping some poor individual. He's obviously quite uncomfortable, though he's not as covered. Magtok seems to have taken the brunt of the flood. You gave me a transporter, but didn't tell me where to put them! I only ever went to this room, really, so I guess it decided to port them here! They're free now though, so that's good. I don't... Uhh. Magtok, was there actually a plan after this? Or? What?
    Magtok is seething! And also still trapped! "Get these ex-slaves to GLoG or something before I punch your teeth out, gather them all in a bag, and then pelt you with them until you start crying. That's the plan. The longer I'm stuck under this desk, the more serious I'm going to be about the teeth thing."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

[Transport - Entrance]
    Tenet nods lazily, slipping on a pair of headphones.
    Yeah, I know. Walk in like we own the place, nobody will think we don't.
    She cricks her neck, yawning softly and glancing at her companion with relaxed eyes, not even trying to hide the quick look she attempts to take down her top.
    Jeez, Tenet.

---

[Hallway]
    Carrie nods. Y-yeah. I... think... are you alright? She has bandaged hands and sounds hoarse.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

[Hallway]

"Better than you...Carrie? What's happened?" Dani asks, reaching for Carrie's shoulder.

===

[Another Hallway]

Arina smirks. Doesn't discourage the view.
    And strides in, searching for what she's looking for.
    She figures she'll know it when she sees it.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hallway - Dangerous Ladies]
    Tenet follows her lead; after all, Arina knows the way better. Her eyes slide hither and thither as she walks along beside the other woman.

---

[Hallway - Cuddly Ladies]
    Well, I've been really weak after I Descended... and I scraped my knees and hands up yesterday. I'll be fine, though.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268

Kyne and Civvy with Chantelle can find each other now.

There are many rooms in HALO nobody has been in for years. They serve as tombs for the characters of players who have moved on. The characters themselves are remembered by those who remain, usually, but they might as well be dead. Permadeadtime is an awful thing, one which undeadtimed PCs instinctively avoid. So only the DRDs travel down certain halls in the base, cleaning the dust where no feet fall, but unable to remove the goop that consumes characters once so full of life. There are many rooms in HALO sealed in solid deadtime for years. But only one has cracks.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

29. - Top - End - #269

Gods and Paladins In Hallways!

Shantelle simply nods in response to Civvy...
    And then presumably notices Kyne!
    If so, she strides up to her.
    Kynegetis, [insert title of her's if she has one]!
    Shantelle suddenly kneels before her.
    My name is Shantelle Swartzweld, Huntress. My blade is in your service of you will it to be.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

[Hallway - Dangerous Ladies]

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Tenet follows her lead; after all, Arina knows the way better. Her eyes slide hither and thither as she walks along beside the other woman.
    Arina leads the way down the dusty hall, pausing at each door and examining it critically...before, finally, pausing outside the one with cracks.

"Well, here we go. Looks like what we're looking for."

---

[Hallway - Cuddly Ladies]

Well, I've been really weak after I Descended... and I scraped my knees and hands up yesterday. I'll be fine, though.
    Dani frowns. Pouts, even!
    And goes to give Carrie a hug!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew