New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony: Slice of Life is Magic II (IC)

Flipping through the book reveals that the librarian wasn't bluffing in terms of pictures. There's diagrams and representational sketches for virtually every part of a Changling's anatomy. Unfortunately many of them use captions and labels that are completely illegible to all the ponies present despite the fact that it's obvious that Changlings have printing presses too.

Spoiler: Spark
    Show

Although you have been learning Changlic with mom and Clutch, you realize all too soon your comprehension of the language doesn't extend as well to the written word as you thought it would. Even so, with some difficulty you can make out a few familiar words. "Carapace" being one of them. Judging by how frequently it shows up in that particular section and the fact that diagrams of a Changling's carapace are commonplace, you're pretty sure you hit the right spot.

From what little you are able to decipher, it seems that Changlings require them for structural support like an exoskeleton even though you're pretty sure you remember them having internal skeletons. This structure covers nearly their entire body including creating a partially transparent film around the eyes, and every few years, though more frequently for younger changlings, they do something. The details evade your comprehension skills, though if the pictures are anything to go by, changlings seem to climb out out of their carapace, then wait a day for a new one to grow.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know the words exactly, but if what i can understand is correct this is a very private thing for Changlings, and i don't know if i should say what happens, but just imagine when we first met, remember how i was losing my scales, and growing new ones, well imagine that for a Changling only more immediate. At least i think that is what i am reading, i still am only learning changlic.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    I
    "Hmm, so what The Changeling Thing is..." Sabina began, but continued in a softer tone, "...is that they shed their scales, er, their shell thingies?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #514

That does sound embarrassing. Imagine losing your coat every so often.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Well ya not everyone can be a pony and shed all the time. at that Spark brushes a claw along Sabina's back and shakes off excess hair. while sticking a tongue out as he shakes.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"If Adepha, hay Changlings in general, want to do it in private I would assume that yes, they consider it embarrassing. I pose we don't pester Adepha about it if we see her tomorrow."
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2014-04-24 at 09:01 PM.

7. - Top - End - #517

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    That does sound embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    "If Adepha, nay Changlings in general, want to do it in private I would assume that yes, they consider it embarrassing."
    "..."

"..."

"..."

...Sabina thought the whole mystery behind 'The Changeling Thing' was much darker and stranger than this. Huh.

"Oh well, mystery solved. Back to life," she announced in a sudden mood whiplash. The big filly put a hoof around gear as she started to walk up the stairs to the third floor. "So, what time do you want me to swing by tomorrow morning and be your muscle? I'm totally in for helping you build those forts to host that snowball fight."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

And me like I said I can help add extra fortifications. Spark follows after them then even though he is pretty sure he can get home from here if it is in the hive.

9. - Top - End - #519

"Fortifications would be pretty awesome! Crenelated walls and maybe a gatehouse..."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Subtle wondered as to Sabina's sudden mood shift. "You ok Sabina? Did I say something?"

11. - Top - End - #521

Wow, don't get Carried away. I've got to build these in just a few hours, and it's two of them.

I usually get up at five thirty, I'll have to get the built by the after noon, and I'll need a few hours to rest before the Snow Ball fight.

If you're serious about helping, meat me in the park at about 6:30.

But be warned, I take my projects very seriously.

Spoiler: OOC.
    Show
    Can we do the actual for building off Screen? I'd rather not bog the game down with that too much.

Would still like to do Construction rolls(With Aid an other from Sabina and Spark, if they help) to determine exactly how nice they are though.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2014-04-24 at 10:11 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground

Don't worry Gear i know you take your projects just a serious as i take my learning. Spark then hears Subtle, and then thinks what if he caused the mood switch, maybe he was not suppose to pet her back. If I caused your mood switch Sabina, i am sorry, your Pony ways are still something i am getting use to.

13. - Top - End - #523

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    "You ok Sabina?"
    "Yeah, pretty sure I am," she replies. "I now know what The Changeling Thing is and it seems pretty dull if it's just shedding like pony fur or dragon scales. That's hardly anything to be excited about. Besides, we have a snowball fight to plan tomorrow. That's A LOT more fun than shedding."

Sabina put on a sincere smile to show she was alright, because really, she was.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2014-04-24 at 10:38 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #524

Upon solving the mystery of The Changeling Thing! (sort of) the group once again heads upstairs to the goodbyes of the Pegasus librarian apparently named Sugar. Come again! She waves. Opening the door subjects the foals to a blast of cold as whistling wind and blowing snow have not relented in the slightest. Indeed, the snow has already accumilated almost completely up their legs, forcing the group to move much too slowly for their own comfort, leaving them at the mercy of the blizzard and the tingling feeling of the loose snow blown along the ground like white dust. Visibility hasn't improved in the slightest, and although it isn't nighttime, the darkening skies are proof, if there ever is one needed, that it's getting late. The fact that visibility in this blizzard is very minimal isn't helpful at all, however the cerulean glows of the bio-gel street-lamps are remarkably helpful T in finding the paths on the streets. Pony-powered plows parting packed precipitation from the paths provide some recourse as the foals need no longer trudge through dense snow packing and accumilation, but it's only minor solace against the biting wind and frigid cold. These plowed streets also prove to be few and far between, the heavily bundled ponies pushing these plows even right now don't want to be outside anymore than they need to be. While snow is fun, it isn't fun right now.

Fortunately the foals each make it home safely. Home to warm hearthsfires, hot meals, and warm beds. Spark probably had it the easiest since he didn't need to exit the library to Vanhoover at all, all he had to do was use the Library's entrance to the sheltered-from-the-elements-completely Hive that was on the first floor to head on home, bypassing the blizzard entirely.

The foals assemble again, this time collecting at the park, the site of their big snowball fight. Unfortunately they're minus one nymph at the moment, but all hopes are that will change soon. In the meantime, Gear comes up with the crazy plan of making two snow-forts so that both teams have a reasonable fighting chance. Gear even draws schematics on the snow for everypony's reference. After a few hours of working, Gear setting numerous blocks of packed snow into place with the help of Sabina's Strength and Spark using his wings to help lift some components into making the walls higher as well as reinforcing the ceilings so they don't collapse, Gear can say with reasonable accuracy that he had done it, building two spectacular, full-size snow-bunkers with hoof-thick snow-walls and a snow-ceiling for protection against lobbed artillery snowballs. The roofs are even strong enough to withstand somepony's pounding on them from above without collapsing in addition to holding their weight, which is helpful because Gear's design included a stairwell up to the roof. This would make it vulnerable to fliers if the stairs down didn't lead to an extremely easily defensible snow-cooridor.

As the group applies the finishing touches to the last snow-bunker, they take a moment to marvel at what they had helped build. Just in time because Subtle has arrived too.

The moment is broken completely by the sound of impacting snow-against-snow. As they had their back turned, somepony threw snowballs at them! Behind them, peering into the narrow window of the bunker stood Tenn Pence and his friends. Ectato, Violet, Sandy, and Zircon Stone, several of whom had very guilty faces on them. ....hello. Tenn sheepishly grins.

15. - Top - End - #525

Sabina, satisfied with the construction of the two forts, took a second to admire the team's work. And the second after that somepony is already throwing snow? Foalhood wastes no time! She quickly dons a pirate hat, sash, and fake parrot made out of newspaper and crayons. For the 'crown' on her side's fort, she hoists a jolly roger flag (crudely) drawn on a face cloth) using a large stick as the pole.

"Yarr, I take it you buccaneers are here to test your throwing legs against the might of our fancy snow fort? Challenge accepted!"

Sabina tossed her bag of pirate stuff to the others if they wanted to join in. She began folding some snowballs together.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #526

Greetings! we're not quite ready to start yet. We're waiting for to see if Adepha shows up, and I'd like to get some pictures of the forts

Gear pulls a Camera he borrowed from home from his "non School" Saddlebag.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

Spark just grins devilishly, all but one of his friends were here now, and Zircon, this was going to be fun. Before we begin should we lay down some ground rules or just pelt each other into submission.

18. - Top - End - #528

Yes. Ground rules. First, um- CATCH!! Zircon wastes no time, immediately hurling a snowball at Spark while the other foals make a tactical retreat...right for Gear's other snow-bunker!

While they are out in the open, everypony can fire one snowball back before they're out-of-range, but then again there is difficulty in hitting a moving target.

Spoiler: Spark
    Show

Make a skill check to avoid the snowball DC 13 or distribute
    (1d6-2)[4] damage to your fortitude and/or willpower.
    (Gear's damage-reducing effect has been factored in to damage)

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

Spark tries to fly into the air to avoid the snowball, but instead gets a face full of it. with a small growl, Spark dives into his sides fort, and prepares his own volley, of snow.

Spoiler: fly check
    Show
    (2d6)[5][4](9) +3 = 12

I will take it all to Fortitude.
    Last edited by cavalieredraghi; 2014-04-25 at 01:48 PM.

20. - Top - End - #530

"Arr, we're under attack me hearties! Don't just stand there like snow angels, give 'em all a taste of cold justice!"

Attack on Titan Zircon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Throwing: (2d6+7)[12]
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #531

Gear Grumbles, putting away his Camera. Hopefully, he'll be able to take Pictures of the forst later. Hopefully

Instead he forms a Snowball and tosses it directly at Zircon.
    Spoiler: Throw Roll
    Show
    (2d6+1)[9]

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Subtle, who had been marveling at the structural integrity of Gear's snow constructions, tries desperately to jump out of the way of the snowball and then pack he own snowball to wing back at Zircon. She afterwards tried to conceal herself against the snow in preparation for a cunning plan. "Dirty trick, but I guess Tenn is feeling better." Subtle mutters.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Leaping: (2d6)[3][1](4)+1=5
    Throwing: (2d6)[1][1](2)+1=3
    Concealment: (2d6)[3][4](7)+4=11
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2014-04-25 at 05:24 PM.

23. - Top - End - #533

Subtle leaps out of the way, only to hit her head against a wall. Although disorienting, it's fortunate there was no actual snowball to avoid. Even so, her sudden movements cause the snowball to go wide, landing nowhere near Zircon. Gear's shot is slightly more accurate, missing him by mere inches. From her vantage point, Sabina is able to lob a snowball right directly onto Zircon's withers, causing the colt to glance back at Sabina only a moment, before realizing the better part of valor is to tactically retreat.

However it seems that now, Tenn and his friends and Zircon have taken over Gear's other snow-bunker, and have already assumed defensive positions. The standoff is broken as Tenn climbs up to the roof of the bunker and begin speaking. Attention Springboard Pirates: This is the Solar Guard. We have you surrounded, at least from this side.

Wait. Tenn, why are we the Solar Guard? You hear Sandy's voice interrupt.

Because... Tenn attempts to answer, but is more-or-less grasping at straws. Well, the Solar Guard is cool, and you can be Lunar Guard, I guess.

That seems to pacify the younger filly for long enough for Tenn to finish his spiel. Surrender and we won't have to kick your flanks!

24. - Top - End - #534

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Surrender and we won't have to kick your flanks!
    "You can't kick that high, Tenn-Tenn!" >:D
    Sabina giggled and took a defensive position on her fort. "If you land-lovers want the Springboard Pirates, you're going to have to take us down! Yarr!!"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #535

Never!

Gear Rushes inside the Fort and tries to get to the roof.

Tries being the key word, as he momentarily forgot about the condition of his lngs, and had to momentarily pause to use his inhaler and catch his breath
    Last edited by Rater202; 2014-04-25 at 06:02 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #536

Tenn only gives one response to the foals' unwillingness to surrender. Attack!

As inconspicuous as Subtle is, it's hard to be unseen when there's a blue-maned changling nymph with the same idea looking right at her, packing a snowball to hurl, and hurl it does, right in Subtle's direction.

With that, a volley of snowballs starts flying in the direction of the party's bunker. A lot of them hitting snow but several of the shots do aim true.

Spoiler
    Show

Everypony make a skill check to avoid a snowball DC 6 except for Subtle, who must make a dodge DC 7
    if it misses, it deals
    (1d6-2)[3] damage

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

I'll take the sky guys! Spark shouts as he narrowly avoids another snow ball.
    Spoiler: fly check again.
    Show
    (2d6+3)[3][3](6)

28. - Top - End - #538

Sabina [Fort 40/ Will 30/ Virt 3]

Dodge (Tumbling): 12
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[1][4](5)+7

Attack (Throwing): 12
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[4][1](5)+7

Sabina jerked her head to the side, avoiding the incoming barrage with a half-spin of her body. She countered with a snowball to Violet while standing sideways. "Ah ha ha!"
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2014-04-25 at 08:13 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #539

((Rolls in OOC))

Gear emerges onto the roof just in time to duck an oncoming snowball(8 on roll to dodge).

Afterwards he chucks a snowball at Zircon(If he's visible) or whoever he can see(if not)(8 on roll to throw)

((Fortitude: Max:15 Current:15 Willpower: Max:25 Current:25))

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

Spark tries to fly over to drop as some snowballs on to Tenn's head. then just as quickly flies back to his base.

Spoiler: fly check to drop snowballs
    Show
    (2d6)[5][6](11) +3