New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach IX: This isn't even my final thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    My problem with this isn't that I necessarily think you're wrong...it's just that it's not good writing. It takes away the fun of having creative and inventive powers, because in the end everything just comes down to a spiritual measuring contest.
    that's one of the reasons i liked gin. for the few fights he's in, he wins by being clever and a bit sadistic
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

New chapter.

Spoiler
    Show
    This'll be a good place for speculation on if Zaraki's Shikai is active right now. Remember, Kenpachi is not something you do, it's a state of mind or something.

3. - Top - End - #63

Spoiler
    Show
    Peter Pan must be an Ork, -cause he imagines that this fight needs moar dakka.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

4. - Top - End - #64

PaladinGuy

Thoughts about the chapter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is that kid even trying anymore? Ok perhaps he's getting pumped up, but so far, that translated with an actual decrease in efficiency. Rocks, bullets and missiles, really? All that does is making Kenpachi looks good, without actually showing any real progress from him. It was a clear step back compared to the previous chapter, where his method didn't work, but was actually a clever counter, and I'm still trying to guess why he didn't try again what he did to Yachiru.

*sigh* At this rate, Zaraki is going to win without having shown anything at all.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    Remember the last time an SR loses his **** and eventually wins? Me neither. This Gremmy guy's fate is sealed the moment that his Raepface showed.

It's funny that when I first read the chapter, I thought Askin and Pepe were referring to Ywach unleashing Gremmy. But... what if in reality, it was Kenpachi Zaraki that he unleashed to SS years ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler: Spoiler
    Show
    I think they were talking about Gremmy. They think Zaraki is dangerouse, but they have no clue on how dangeouse he has become. (He has gone through an Ichigo class power upgrade ) Zaraki hasn't even taken off his eye patch yet. And I don't think it will be taken off for this fight either. Also did we see a little character growth from him?
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

7. - Top - End - #67

Spoiler
    Show
    Wow. I mean... Out of friggin' nowhere, just GUNS. That's so weird. Have we ever even seen guns in this manga before? Why are there no zanpakuto that turn into guns? Well whatever. Why were the other two SR pumping up Gremmy anyway? He doesn't seem to be using his power to its fullest potential right now. It seems like, if anything you could imagine happens, you'd think up whatever you need to finish the battle and be done with it. I understand that's difficult, maybe even impossible, to apply to Kenpachi, but he could still be making better use of it.
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow. I mean... Out of friggin' nowhere, just GUNS. That's so weird. Have we ever even seen guns in this manga before? Why are there no zanpakuto that turn into guns? Well whatever. Why were the other two SR pumping up Gremmy anyway? He doesn't seem to be using his power to its fullest potential right now. It seems like, if anything you could imagine happens, you'd think up whatever you need to finish the battle and be done with it. I understand that's difficult, maybe even impossible, to apply to Kenpachi, but he could still be making better use of it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Coyote Stark and BG9 said hello! Soifon also has a modern weapon zanpakutou, though not necessarily a gun.

At this point I think Gremmy is a god-wizard who wants to play like an evoker.
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's the Old Sternritter, he looks Kinda like Commissioner Gorden from Batman, and his quincy spirit weapon looks like a pistol
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show
    with gremmy, from the translation i have, it almost seems like it's not quite his "imagination" that becomes real, but more like his "day dreams", i may just be reading into this too much, but i think that he doesnt think somehting then it happens, i think his mind wonders from thought to thought and he selectively makes them real, which might be why they seem so random at times, so he's not really a god-wizard, but more like a deck of many things

or possibly he wanders from thought to thought and they become real regardless of his personal wishes, and he just acts like he planned it all? live when kenpachi jumped, he made what seemed like a little story, or the written account of a child's day dream

i'm probably entirely wrong, but that might be why he can't just go "i imagine that i win" or "i imagine i'm omnipotent" or something else like that
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Remember the last time an SR loses his **** and eventually wins? Me neither. This Gremmy guy's fate is sealed the moment that his Raepface showed.

It's funny that when I first read the chapter, I thought Askin and Pepe were referring to Ywach unleashing Gremmy. But... what if in reality, it was Kenpachi Zaraki that he unleashed to SS years ago?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Or it could just be they were using Gremmy to lure out Kenpachi, and they have some sort of plan to use him.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Spoiler: Spoiler
    Show
    I think they were talking about Gremmy. They think Zaraki is dangerouse, but they have no clue on how dangeouse he has become. (He has gone through an Ichigo class power upgrade ) Zaraki hasn't even taken off his eye patch yet. And I don't think it will be taken off for this fight either. Also did we see a little character growth from him?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zaraki is about to take his eyepatch off though. Next chapter should be promising!

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soul Society is old fashioned, as are the Shinigami, so not having seen guns prior to the Quincy showing up is logical enough. In the real world they haven't shown up much mainly because guns are illegal in Japan, whereas it's not illegal to own a sword.

Also, I doubt Gremmy is fully sane. Like chaotic stupid says, it might well be it's more his daydreams than his imaginations becoming reality. And if what you just happen to think of becomes reality, you'd likely stop seeing a difference between daydreams and reality. Gremmy is the living incarnation of schizophrenia, and therefore likely doesn't have straight, methodical and strategic thinking down pat like some other characters do. He is mostly looking calm at first because he has no reason to be angry and he always has had little contact with other people, as evidenced by what the other Quincy say about him. Then Kenpachi shows up and things get interesting, especially since this dude just is defying your daydreams, your reality. He's an abnormality in the reality of someone whose reality is already very abnormal. It's no wonder he might be going for the first best thing that pops into his head and lose his cool at the same time.

Plus, y'know, to finish an opponent you'd need to know what you need to win, and when you're up against someone whose abilities you don't know, that can be a tough job.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

12. - Top - End - #72

Spoiler
    Show
    Aaaaaah. That does make sense. I had forgotten that guns were just straight up illegal in Japan.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #73
    Colossus in the Playground

I have a theory regarding why Gremmy is such a loser who can't use his super op power well:
    Spoiler
    Show
    First off, he just likes playing with people. It's clear from how he mentions no one ever defies him in the Sternritter. He just wants to throw his power around. It's no fun to kill someone, but it is fun to turn their bones into cookies.

Secondly, the reason why, against someone like Kenpachi, he's not just immediately killing him like we know he can apparently do...that's Kenpachi's shikai. His shikai's power is to set up a field of battle lust that causes everyone but Kenpachi to start feeling the furious rage of bloodlust, and as such start fighting like an idiot, but as strong as possible to compensate.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I have a theory regarding why Gremmy is such a loser who can't use his super op power well:
    Spoiler
    Show
    First off, he just likes playing with people. It's clear from how he mentions no one ever defies him in the Sternritter. He just wants to throw his power around. It's no fun to kill someone, but it is fun to turn their bones into cookies.

Secondly, the reason why, against someone like Kenpachi, he's not just immediately killing him like we know he can apparently do...that's Kenpachi's shikai. His shikai's power is to set up a field of battle lust that causes everyone but Kenpachi to start feeling the furious rage of bloodlust, and as such start fighting like an idiot, but as strong as possible to compensate.
    why.. why does this make so much sense? LaZodiac now makes too much sense to be allowed on the internet

and that would be an awesome shikai
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Not so much the fun involved.

Spoiler
    Show
    He's never actually FOUGHT anybody before. He has absolutely zero experience fighting ANY opponent, much less one that can actually challenge him.

By now Zaraki has fought and killed what... thousands of people?

Battle experience is a big thing, and the Sternritter has none of it.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Theory time:

Spoiler
    Show
    Kenpachi is actually a Quincy, or a Quincy/Shigami Hybrid. It makes sense because he never have a bankai and no matter how hard he tries he never will have one. He also have this overwhelming spirtual power that's surpressed by his eye-patch (which is actually made out of hollows). What is the supposed counter to Quincy power? Hollows.

Also remembering Kenpachi's fight vs Ichigo (rescue rukia arc), the manifestation of their spirtual power is eerily similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_NpmY2QxNs from 7:15 onward where their spiritual power form faces and clash towards each other.

Last edited by TechnoWarforged; 2014-04-02 at 01:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    Talking about infractions can get you infractions

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWarforged View Post
    Theory time:

Spoiler
    Show
    It makes sense because he never have a bankai and no matter how hard he tries he never will have one.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since when has Kenpachi ever cared about having a bankai?
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: New chapter
    Show
    I liked this chapter however this fight is going to go downhill fast. For one important reason: if you are powered by
    the LAST thing you want to do is have ANY sort of doubt that you can win...
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So, why do people think he is about to take off his eyepatch?

At the end he said roughly "looks like you're having fun, that's good, he is too", and it looks like he held up his sword to indicate he was talking about it having fun.

He introduced it as a he, said it is enjoying the fight, next chapter should at least be him saying the name/doing whatever happens at that point.
    Engraved here is a rendition of an image of the Dwarf Fortress learning curve. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It depicts an obsidian overhang which menaces with spikes of obsidian and tears. Carved on the overhang is an image of Toady One and the players. The players are curled up in a fetal position. Toady One is laughing. The players are burning.
    ᴛʜɪs ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ sɪɢɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ.

20. - Top - End - #80

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    My problem with this isn't that I necessarily think you're wrong...it's just that it's not good writing. It takes away the fun of having creative and inventive powers, because in the end everything just comes down to a spiritual measuring contest.
    To be fair, that's not unusual for shounen anime / manga. Dragon Ball Z, Saint Seiya, Shurato... Dragon Ball didn't start out that way, but around the time they were fighting Frieza, battles were decided solely by power and heroic resolve.

Even in manga with more variety in fighting styles and battle strategies, such as Rurouni Kenshin, Fist of the North Star and similar, the deciding factor usually was how good of an overall fighter a character was - Kenshin and Kenshiro both had a technique for nearly every situation, but most of the time they won because they were more skilled and experienced than their opponents, not because of a specific technique.

Basically, not every series can be JoJo's Bizarre Adventures. :-P
    Last edited by The Troubadour; 2014-04-08 at 05:47 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler: New Page
    Show
    Ok, Kenpachi REALLY should have finished it off. Still a bit to in love with fighting I guess. He DOES say his swords name at the end. Nozarashi. Now what the ^%$# does that mean?
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    Fairly boring and predictable plot developments. Kid shouldn't even be touched by Kenpachi with his powers.

At least we now know the zanpakutou name. And a shikai next chapter, too.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

does anyone ever wonder what the series would be like if ichigo had straight up killed byakuya like he could have those hundreds of issues ago?

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fairly boring and predictable plot developments. Kid shouldn't even be touched by Kenpachi with his powers.

At least we now know the zanpakutou name. And a shikai next chapter, too.
    Spoiler
    Show

this kid seems mentally unstable. i would venture to guess he doesn't think "oh he's dead", he imagines stuff happening to people.

-rashi means "appearance of". the names are never quite perfect but i would hazard a guess at "masked", "faceless", or "unseen", something along those lines. also as a quible, kenpachi is always in shikai.
    Last edited by thubby; 2014-04-09 at 04:46 AM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

24. - Top - End - #84

Spoiler
    Show
    According to mangastream it means Storm Scarred.
    Engraved here is a rendition of an image of the Dwarf Fortress learning curve. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It depicts an obsidian overhang which menaces with spikes of obsidian and tears. Carved on the overhang is an image of Toady One and the players. The players are curled up in a fetal position. Toady One is laughing. The players are burning.
    ᴛʜɪs ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ sɪɢɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ.

25. - Top - End - #85

Spoiler
    Show
    I read the mangastream version too, and I REALLY hope "This is makin' me hard!" is his zanpakuto's release command.

That'd be wonderful.
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

I've read Mangastream's version this time... But usually I'm reading on Mangareader. Is anyone else having issues with them loading images? I can read other mangas, but Naruto, Bleach and One Piece? Nope!
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

27. - Top - End - #87

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post

also as a quible, kenpachi is always in shikai.
    i keep seeing that, can you show me proof where its directly said?

because to me it looks like its just a standard zanpakuto with a non-standard tsuba/tsuka and a beat up blade because he's so rough with it.
    Last edited by chainer1216; 2014-04-09 at 10:06 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    i keep seeing that, can you show me proof where its directly said?

because to me it looks like its just a standard zanpakuto with a non-standard tsuba/tsuka and a beat up blade because he's so rough with it.
    iirc it comes up when yoroichi is telling ichigo about bankai. i know in the manga she talks about it and then it pointedly cuts to kenpachi.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

29. - Top - End - #89

Devil

so, you're "quibble"ing about something that has no evidence other than the rules of storytelling?

30. - Top - End - #90

Spoiler
    Show
    I read the mangastream version too, and I REALLY hope "This is makin' me hard!" is his zanpakuto's release command.

That'd be wonderful.
    Well, that or he is talking about his... other sword. >.>
    ᴛʜɪs ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ sɪɢɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ.