New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach IX: This isn't even my final thread!

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    This chapter actually bothers me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kenpachi shouldn't be as tired as he is. I'm sure it'll be fine next chapter, but he's overwhelmingly powerful at this point. He's literally unimaginably powerful. We'll see where this goes.
    Just waiting for that eyepatch to come off.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

the thunderbolt and the power have to be the two lamest power to get.

Spoiler
    Show
    so, i wonder who or what the skullplosion is, i mean, the skull motif and the fact that its in the sky make me want to say its ichigo, but this is bleach, and more than that, a shonen, male protag can't fight women.

[crack theory time] what if its unohana back from the dead thanks to her own bankai?!?!?!?!?!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    so, i wonder who or what the skullplosion is, i mean, the skull motif and the fact that its in the sky make me want to say its ichigo, but this is bleach, and more than that, a shonen, male protag can't fight women.
    Spoiler: Which is why I'm hoping
    Show
    It's Yachiru's bankai. :)

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

A long shot, but it might be Nell, too.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snarky1 View Post
    Unohana had nothing to do with it. Not only is she weaker than Yamamoto (why do you think he was able to control her?), she was never mentioned by any of the Sternritter and doesn't seem to even be considered a war potential. Furthermore, Mayuri specifically stated that it was Yama's fault that Yhwach was not already dead, which implies that the fight was 1v1. If not, there would have been others he could lay the blame on as well.

Yamamoto was still stronger than Yhwach while using his Bankai. That's why he started the fight off by stealing it, he was not confident in his ability to win with Yamamoto using it.
    None of them have mentioned other Captains that were most certainly present for the war either (Zanpakuto maker at a minimum). It doesn't mean they weren't there. Heck, she hasn't even been in contact with any of the Sternritter yet, so they didn't have a CHANCE to recognize her.

And you base your claim that she was weaker than Yamamoto on what, exactly? Her entire thing was that she didn't have anybody to fight because she was too powerful - until Zaraki came along. Then she decided to do her healer thing to wait for him. Not really surprised she let Yamamoto run the show.

You also have no idea whether she is considered a war potential, seeing as we have only gotten confirmation of 3 of the 5 - Zaraki, Ichigo, and Aizen (and Yamamoto being confirmed to NOT be one). There are 2 other unknowns. A considerable portion of the fanbase believes the last 2 to be Unohana and Orihime (Orihime being a special war potential is pretty much considered canon until proven otherwise at this point).
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-05-14 at 02:28 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Story cliche logic says it has to be a female to arrive now. Since Yachiru had the limelight for a bit before and is prolly too weak against them anyway, it's prolly Nell or a woman from Squad Zero. Orihime is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I SO CALLED IT.

Now just stand by for Zombie Bambietta to jump out next chapter.
    Could be if she can also reanimate the dead, rather than just control the living as if they were without free will--zombies are quite different across media.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

If it's not Yachiru coming to Zaraki's side, it's Ichigo. That skull motif is a lot like Ichigo's after all and we're still waiting for him to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarky1 View Post
    Unohana had nothing to do with it. Not only is she weaker than Yamamoto (why do you think he was able to control her?), she was never mentioned by any of the Sternritter and doesn't seem to even be considered a war potential. Furthermore, Mayuri specifically stated that it was Yama's fault that Yhwach was not already dead, which implies that the fight was 1v1. If not, there would have been others he could lay the blame on as well.
    Actually, Yamamoto bought Unohana's loyalty. I recall them saying he paid her quite a lot to join the original Gotei 13, which he gathered specifically to fight the Quincy. It is entirely possible that Yamamoto didn't fight Yhwach alone and Mayuri's statement only implies Yamamoto was either too weak to finish Yhwach off or too compassionate (either choosing to not kill Yhwach or choosing to save someone else, allowing him to escape). The reason Unohana presumably wasn't a War Potential is the same Yamamoto wasn't - she became too soft. How many centuries ago did she give up the Kenpachi name? When was the last time she even fought?
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    If it's not Yachiru coming to Zaraki's side, it's Ichigo. That skull motif is a lot like Ichigo's after all and we're still waiting for him to show up.

Actually, Yamamoto bought Unohana's loyalty. I recall them saying he paid her quite a lot to join the original Gotei 13, which he gathered specifically to fight the Quincy. It is entirely possible that Yamamoto didn't fight Yhwach alone and Mayuri's statement only implies Yamamoto was either too weak to finish Yhwach off or too compassionate (either choosing to not kill Yhwach or choosing to save someone else, allowing him to escape). The reason Unohana presumably wasn't a War Potential is the same Yamamoto wasn't - she became too soft. How many centuries ago did she give up the Kenpachi name? When was the last time she even fought?
    I'll repeat - we have no idea whether Unohana is/is not a war potiential. We have concrete confirmation of 3 - Zaraki, Ichigo, Aizen, and confirmation that Yamamoto was NOT one.

One of the slots is almost certainly reserved for Orihime, but that still leaves 1 slot open.

It could certainly be a lot of people (Urahara, Isshin, one of the Squad Zero captains, heck it might be Ishida), but it could just as easily be Unohana.

As for who's appearing.... could be a lot of people. I agree that most likely is Ichigo, given that Rukia and Renji are already here, he probably went for the biggest concentration of Sternritter he could find.

It is also possible that it is Unohana (until we see a body death isn't confirmed and since it's Bleach maybe not even then), or one of the Squad Zero captains.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-05-19 at 11:13 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

If I had to list my theorised remaining War Potentials, they'd be Uryu and Harribel. Uryu is obvious, yet Harribel is on my list because she's the strongest Arrancar still alive and we've seen both what the Vandenreich do to Arrancar and what Hollow reiatsu does to Quincy - plus she proved herself stronger than Bankai-wielding Captains, which even Stern Ritter have trouble with. The fact she was captured so quickly implies to me that Yhwach didn't intend to take any chances and we have no idea how many Quincy she took down before she was beaten.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    If I had to list my theorised remaining War Potentials, they'd be Uryu and Harribel. Uryu is obvious, yet Harribel is on my list because she's the strongest Arrancar still alive and we've seen both what the Vandenreich do to Arrancar and what Hollow reiatsu does to Quincy - plus she proved herself stronger than Bankai-wielding Captains, which even Stern Ritter have trouble with. The fact she was captured so quickly implies to me that Yhwach didn't intend to take any chances and we have no idea how many Quincy she took down before she was beaten.
    Extremely doubt it was Harribel.

Firstly, she wasn't stronger than Bankai-weilding captains. She fighting evenly (arguably losing) to the weakest Captain by himself, before his post-Aizen training. She's the strongest alive mostly because Starrk and Barragan are both dead, and since it seems to be generally accepted that the person that showed up and finished Opie was Grimjow, she may not even be even the strongest Arrancar anymore.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Firstly, she wasn't stronger than Bankai-weilding captains. She fighting evenly (arguably losing) to the weakest Captain by himself, before his post-Aizen training. She's the strongest alive mostly because Starrk and Barragan are both dead, and since it seems to be generally accepted that the person that showed up and finished Opie was Grimjow, she may not even be even the strongest Arrancar anymore.
    Actually the databook and the fight suggest it wasnt the weakest Captain she were fighting after all.

And she were ranked a couple of numbers before Grimjow, so i dont see how him being alive or not would change anything.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

12. - Top - End - #252
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Extremely doubt it was Harribel.

The anime and manga has Harribel holding off Bankai Hitsuguya, and Shikai with mask Hiyori and Lisa, both of which were former lieutenants, at least for a few moments before Aizen takes her out. The fight slightly indicating she could at the least hold all three off.

Do you mean the arguably losing part where she got frozen? She was still alive just incapacitated. That is exactly saying Aizen, Tosen, and Gin all lost because the Old Man got his fire wall around them as they appeared. They were cut off from the battle, yet were still alive.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Codyage View Post
    The anime and manga has Harribel holding off Bankai Hitsuguya, and Shikai with mask Hiyori and Lisa, both of which were former lieutenants, at least for a few moments before Aizen takes her out. The fight slightly indicating she could at the least hold all three off.

Do you mean the arguably losing part where she got frozen? She was still alive just incapacitated. That is exactly saying Aizen, Tosen, and Gin all lost because the Old Man got his fire wall around them as they appeared. They were cut off from the battle, yet were still alive.
    Not necessarily the freezing, more then entire course of the fight, where at no point was she in a position where she was realistically going to beat Hitsugaya.

Which is part of the motivation for Aizen just getting rid of her. If she can't even beat Captain Junior, what use does he have for her?

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

No, that is in no way the same, Halibel had been removed from the fighting, and placed in a position where her opponent could have finished her off at a later time. She were defeated if not for Wonderwiess's intervention.

Aizen, Tosen and Gin had just been stopped from retreating. They were not in any way stopped from fighting, or in any way weakend by the wall, so its a false comparison.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

However, Captain Toushiro is said to be a very strong and intelligent captain. Kyoraku himself (now the Cpt. Commander) commented that in about 100 years Toushiro would certainly have surpassed him. that coupled with the strongest ice zanpakuto (pre bankai rukia) and enough intelligence to make effective use of it and fighting a water type resurreçiòn (giving him more then enough water or moisture to active his abilities) he was as much at full power as we could have seen him. And she still almost beat him, despite his advantage in matchup.

That said, I'd peg my choices for war potentials as follows: Ichigo (confirmed), Zaraki, Orihime, Aizen and Urahara

Ichigo is confirmed for his template stacking (which by the way explains his shortage of combat maneuvers compared to the rest)
    Zaraki because he is a freaking powerhouse, and bit of a wild factor
    Orihime because of her ability to Summon: Ichigo
    Aizen because of his fairyness
    Urahara because of his tactical value: he has a lot of resources (tessai, science items, Yoruichi), vast intellect and knowledges, great fighting and tactical skills and his Summon:solution to any problem flung his way.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    However, Captain Toushiro is said to be a very strong and intelligent captain. Kyoraku himself (now the Cpt. Commander) commented that in about 100 years Toushiro would certainly have surpassed him. that coupled with the strongest ice zanpakuto (pre bankai rukia) and enough intelligence to make effective use of it and fighting a water type resurreçiòn (giving him more then enough water or moisture to active his abilities) he was as much at full power as we could have seen him. And she still almost beat him, despite his advantage in matchup.

That said, I'd peg my choices for war potentials as follows: Ichigo (confirmed), Zaraki, Orihime, Aizen and Urahara

Ichigo is confirmed for his template stacking (which by the way explains his shortage of combat maneuvers compared to the rest)
    Zaraki because he is a freaking powerhouse, and bit of a wild factor
    Orihime because of her ability to Summon: Ichigo
    Aizen because of his fairyness
    Urahara because of his tactical value: he has a lot of resources (tessai, science items, Yoruichi), vast intellect and knowledges, great fighting and tactical skills and his Summon:solution to any problem flung his way.
    In 100 years. Not at the time.

Orihime being a war potential is pretty much treated as canon by the fan base at this point until explicitly stated otherwise. I mean she can literally return somebody to full power in the middle of a fight, heal wounds, regrow lost limbs, and pretty much do whatever the heck she wants. Not to mention allegedly being able to erase somebody from existence if she ever gathered the willpower.

Urahara I think is less likely, but I would still buy it. He already changed the entire course of the current war by inventing that Hollow pill.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-05-20 at 09:48 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    No, that is in no way the same, Halibel had been removed from the fighting, and placed in a position where her opponent could have finished her off at a later time. She were defeated if not for Wonderwiess's intervention.

Aizen, Tosen and Gin had just been stopped from retreating. They were not in any way stopped from fighting, or in any way weakend by the wall, so its a false comparison.
    http://mangapanda.net/Bleach/316/12/

"Aizen won't be able to get out of there for a while."

Pretty sure that means according to him, they can't leave the fire wall. How do you expect them to fight? They needed that giant Hollow Wonderweiss brought in to extinguish it, so they in no way were able to remove it by themselves.

http://mangapanda.net/Bleach/359/11/

"Your life will be gone."

Pretty Sure Hitsuguya intended for it to kill her, and not handicap her.

Both couldn't escape their prison without outside help. Wonderweiss/Hooler(Super Chunk)
    Both couldn't fight from within their prisons.
    Both of them were still alive, unharmed by the attacks for the duration they were in.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Allright.. if you honestly cant see the difference between walling someone up so that they are kept out of the battle for a while ( Old man Genocide directly said its a temporary measure), and stuffing someone into a huge icecube thats slowly freezing you to ice, then i dont know what to say.

19. - Top - End - #259

I don't think Orihime is a War Potential. She is certainly capable of great things, but her powers are relatively slow and she's definitely one of the least physically resiliant characters. Ichigo and Aizen, the only two confirmed War Potentials, both have (or in Aizen's case had depending on what the hogyokou did to him) the power to flatten armies and a significant talent for throwing off the plans of their enemies: Ichigo with his ridiculous heritage, and Aizen with his unfathomable plans.

If I had to guess at the others, I'd say Urahara for much the same reason as Aizen, as well as his inventive streak (what anti-Quincy toys he could cook up...), Zaraki due to his power and sheer unpredictability (switched sides in one of the greatest conflicts in the recent history of the Seireitei), Unahona as one of greatest warriors and healers ever and being hard to anticipate which role she would rather play and Uryu because I think there's going to be some spectacular fireworks when he meets Ichigo, which he badly needs power for and because Aizen's interview brought up the idea of using one War Potential to fight another. Also, I have a (unverifiable) theory that he's the next stage of Quincy evolution.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    I don't think Orihime is a War Potential. She is certainly capable of great things, but her powers are relatively slow and she's definitely one of the least physically resiliant characters. Ichigo and Aizen, the only two confirmed War Potentials, both have (or in Aizen's case had depending on what the hogyokou did to him) the power to flatten armies and a significant talent for throwing off the plans of their enemies: Ichigo with his ridiculous heritage, and Aizen with his unfathomable plans.

If I had to guess at the others, I'd say Urahara for much the same reason as Aizen, as well as his inventive streak (what anti-Quincy toys he could cook up...), Zaraki due to his power and sheer unpredictability (switched sides in one of the greatest conflicts in the recent history of the Seireitei), Unahona as one of greatest warriors and healers ever and being hard to anticipate which role she would rather play and Uryu because I think there's going to be some spectacular fireworks when he meets Ichigo, which he badly needs power for and because Aizen's interview brought up the idea of using one War Potential to fight another. Also, I have a (unverifiable) theory that he's the next stage of Quincy evolution.
    We already knew Zaraki was a Potential.

He, Ichigo, and Aizen were mentioned by name when the War Potentials were introduced as a concept.

Since Yhwach said something about Uryu having the potential to exceed him in power(or something like that) as a potential explanation for Uryu surviving the mass genocide of impure quincies, he's probably the fourth, but this is unconfirmed.

That leaves one probable one and one we have no idea who the hell it is.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #261

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    the thunderbolt [...] ha[s] to be [one of the] lamest power[s] to get.
    Not necessarily. From what we can see, she can throw around a powerful ranged attack (possibly at a lower "mana" cost than an equivalent Kido would have) willy-nilly and also move around at a speed that lets her dodge Kenpachi's attacks. It's a very simple power, true, but it seems to be quite effective as well.

But I agree that, so far, The Power seems to be quite limited: all it does, apparently, is increase Meninas' strength (unless it somehow boosts all of her physical - or possibly physical AND spiritual - abilities, in which case it's actually quite strong, even if also very direct).
    Last edited by The Troubadour; 2014-05-20 at 07:49 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262

Quote Originally Posted by The Troubadour View Post
    Not necessarily. From what we can see, she can throw around a powerful ranged attack (possibly at a lower "mana" cost than an equivalent Kido would have) willy-nilly and also move around at a speed that lets her dodge Kenpachi's attacks. It's a very simple power, true, but it seems to be quite effective as well.

But I agree that, so far, The Power seems to be quite limited: all it does, apparently, is increase Meninas' strength (unless it somehow boosts all of her physical - or possibly physical AND spiritual - abilities, in which case it's actually quite strong, even if also very direct).
    I think he means lame in regards to it being just "I shoot lightning". Yeah, it's really powerful, but this one person has the ability to move her mouth around like a giant blob and eat people. This other guy has the power to get stronger the more people cheer for him and shoot star lasers powered by love and justice. Lame doesn't mean weak, it means boring

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I think he means lame in regards to it being just "I shoot lightning". Yeah, it's really powerful, but this one person has the ability to move her mouth around like a giant blob and eat people. This other guy has the power to get stronger the more people cheer for him and shoot star lasers powered by love and justice. Lame doesn't mean weak, it means boring
    This.

Pretty much. If she's a crazy blood knight like Kenpachi, oni-based like Love, or a ferocious beast like Grimmjow, i would probably take it. Even Jackie's dirty boots, and Giriko's time-warp (and hell, Yammi's 0 gimmick) had more interesting twist to their "uberpower".
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

24. - Top - End - #264

Dude, Dirty Boots is one of the cooler powers that the Fullbringers brought to the table. It's annoying the Fullbring arc was so awful because it has a lot of really good ideas!

But then that's Bleach in a nutshell, isn't it.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2014-05-20 at 09:45 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265

Pretty much, LaZodiac.

I said it before, and I'll say it again: Bleach could have been amazing if they chained Kubo to an art desk.

Let him design characters, and conceptualize major plot themes, but leave the actual storyboard process to real writers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    Pretty much, LaZodiac.

I said it before, and I'll say it again: Bleach could have been amazing if they chained Kubo to an art desk.

Let him design characters, and conceptualize major plot themes, but leave the actual storyboard process to real writers.
    That would've been awesome. But I really don't know if it the bad writing is just Kubo now or somehow executive meddling/pressuring. I recall enjoying the slice of life type of bleach at the start, up until the shounen fighting type at SS arc.
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

27. - Top - End - #267

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    That would've been awesome. But I really don't know if it the bad writing is just Kubo now or somehow executive meddling/pressuring. I recall enjoying the slice of life type of bleach at the start, up until the shounen fighting type at SS arc.
    Up until directly AFTER Aizen reveals he's behind everything, Bleach is really good. Once he becomes Godaizen of Hollowland, the story starts to fall apart.

Butterflyzen is the final straw, of sorts.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

New Chapter (or New Page in Oda-speak)

Is there anything to spoil, though??

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    New Chapter (or New Page in Oda-speak)

Is there anything to spoil, though??
    you know we have a

Spoiler
    Show
    spoilerbox

right?

but indeed nothing to spoil to begin with...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    you know we have a

Spoiler
    Show
    spoilerbox

right?

but indeed nothing to spoil to begin with...
    Used for discussing what happened in the latest chapter in this case, right?