New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Before Nale's betrayal, what did each Vector Legion member think of him?

They seem like a surrogate family to him imo. I'm viewing Jacinda as his surrogate mother/wet nurse, SPG as his coach, and the rest as his tutors
    Last edited by Grey Watcher; 2014-03-29 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Add prefix

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Before Nale's betrayal, what did each Vector Legion member think of him?

Annoying team mascot

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Before Nale's betrayal, what did each Vector Legion member think of him?

That's not who was being asked about, Duck :P

I think Laurin was somewhat affectionate, Malack put up with him, and Miron probably got along well with him.
    3DS Friend Code: 3067-5674-0852. Currently running: Emerald.

Latias, Groudon, Rayquaza, Kyogre promised to JustPlayItLoud for a shiny Gastly, Gulpin, Frogadier, and Dedenne. Regirock, Regice, Registeel up for grabs.

Spoiler: Living Shinydex Progress 31/718 Newest Shiny: Buneary
    Show
    Gen I: 9/151
    Gen II: 6/100
    Gen III: 7/135
    Gen IV: 3/107
    Gen V: 3/156
    Gen VI: 2/69

Come visit World's Finest Gaming on Tumblr or Facebook or even our Youtube channel and watch me stream!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Much as I hate being That Guy, we don't really know enough about most members of the Vector Legion. My guess is that most of them probably didn't like him, because, well, Nale is a very hard person to like.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'm thinking that Nale interacted very negatively with the members of the Vector Legion, given how little Laurin seemed to care for him, although that could be because of what he did. However, it does seem like Nale irritates most people.

Peelee’s Lotsey

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

There appears to be an indication that Nale was encouraged to see the other conspirators as "aunts" and "uncles".

Also, I have no idea where the name "Vector Legion" comes from.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Appletree View Post
    There appears to be an indication that Nale was encouraged to see the other conspirators as "aunts" and "uncles".

Also, I have no idea where the name "Vector Legion" comes from.
    From the Giant's Twitter.

Peelee’s Lotsey

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Obviously, without knowing most of their personalities terribly in depth:

Tarquin: I suspect Nale's father saw his son's ruthlessness and ridiculous tenacity as "good potential" but was frequently let down when watching the execution, since Nale's lack of self control, complexity addiction, incredible ego and lack of overall brain power didn't so much throw a wrench into any chance at his son's success so much as dismantle it entirely. Tarquin likely kept trying to "fix" things, which will of course piss off Nale even further, exasperating the scenario.

Mal: Cold annoyance for the most part. Malack might chuckle at some of Tarquins antics, but he's also demonstrated some annoyance ("is yours always this way?", "yes, unfortunately"). Nale's sense of drama is just a clumsier version of his fathers. But I somehow doubt Malack actually put much emotion into it until Nale killed his spawn...Although I'm certain the nature of their interaction would be much clearer if we knew exactly why Nale was so dead set on destroying them. He was willing to work with Durkula so it can't be simple racism...

Laurin: The way Nale mockingly used "aunt" toward her, I suspect they weren't entirely hostile way back when. Maybe she saw a parallel in her desire to make a better situation for Hannah in Tarquin trying to "help" Nale.

Shoulder Pad Guy: Not a clue. For the heck of it, let's say he used Nale as a soccer ball, because the idea of Nale being repeatedly kicked around for another persons entertainment makes me smile a bit.

Cat Girl Whose Name Escapes Me, But Who I Beleive Starts with Ja:
    I believe every moment we've seen her in panel, she's had an evil smile (save interacting with the ruler of the Empire of Sweat), so I see her as constantly poking at the easy target that is Nale's ego. Pranks, sarcastic taunts, that sort of thing.

Miron: Mostly not interested, but for some reason I get the idea that Miron tried teaching him some basic scams, just for the hell of it.
    Last edited by Reathin; 2014-03-16 at 09:07 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Reathin View Post
    Obviously, without knowing most of their personalities terribly in depth:

Tarquin: I suspect Nale's father saw his son's ruthlessness and ridiculous tenacity as "good potential" but was frequently let down when watching the execution, since Nale's lack of self control, complexity addiction, incredible ego and lack of overall brain power didn't so much throw a wrench into any chance at his son's success so much as dismantle it entirely. Tarquin likely kept trying to "fix" things, which will of course piss off Nale even further, exasperating the scenario.

Mal: Cold annoyance for the most part. Malack might chuckle at some of Tarquins antics, but he's also demonstrated some annoyance ("is yours always this way?", "yes, unfortunately"). Nale's sense of drama is just a clumsier version of his fathers. But I somehow doubt Malack actually put much emotion into it until Nale killed his spawn...Although I'm certain the nature of their interaction would be much clearer if we knew exactly why Nale was so dead set on destroying them. He was willing to work with Durkula so it can't be simple racism...

Laurin: The way Nale mockingly used "aunt" toward her, I suspect they weren't entirely hostile way back when. Maybe she saw a parallel in her desire to make a better situation for Hannah in Tarquin trying to "help" Nale.

Shoulder Pad Guy: Not a clue. For the heck of it, let's say he used Nale as a soccer ball, because the idea of Nale being repeatedly kicked around for another persons entertainment makes me smile a bit.

Cat Girl Whose Name Escapes Me, But Who I Beleive Starts with Ja:
    I believe every moment we've seen her in panel, she's had an evil smile (save interacting with the ruler of the Empire of Sweat), so I see her as constantly poking at the easy target that is Nale's ego. Pranks, sarcastic taunts, that sort of thing.

Miron: Mostly not interested, but for some reason I get the idea that Miron tried teaching him some basic scams, just for the hell of it.
    Amusing analysis, especially for SPG. The cat girl's name is Jacinda.

Peelee’s Lotsey

10. - Top - End - #10

I think Jacinda was his nanny and adored little baby Nale (he had whiskers, was evil, and loved to bite things).

Laurin thought that toddler Nale was a bad influence on Hannah (he pulled her hair and chased her with forks).

Miron, being the money-guy, hated how Child Nale would always ask him for money and toys.

Shoulder Pad Guy kinda grew attached to Young Nale while training him to use longswords (he hated it at first, but grew to like Young Nale).

Baby Nale tried to chew on Malack's staff, drooled on Malack's robes, and chewed up Malack's scrolls. Toddler Nale would pull on Malack's tail and make him fall over, and liked to pull on Malck's robes. Child Nale liked to ride evil bikes with the Vector Legion, which annoyed Malack because you can't ride a bike with a tail instead of legs. Young Nale liked to start the fire in the fireplace so as to overheat Malack and make him leave the room. Teenage Nale killed Malack's "children".

AT nine years old, Malack tricked Nale into spelling "Icup".
    Last edited by NihhusHuotAliro; 2014-03-17 at 08:21 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by NihhusHuotAliro View Post
    I think Jacinda was his nanny and adored little baby Nale (he had whiskers, was evil, and loved to bite things).

Laurin thought that toddler Nale was a bad influence on Hannah (he pulled her hair and chased her with forks).

Miron, being the money-guy, hated how Child Nale would always ask him for money and toys.

Shoulder Pad Guy kinda grew attached to Young Nale while training him to use longswords (he hated it at first, but grew to like Young Nale).

Baby Nale tried to chew on Malack's staff, drooled on Malack's robes, and chewed up Malack's scrolls. Toddler Nale would pull on Malack's tail and make him fall over, and liked to pull on Malck's robes. Child Nale liked to ride evil bikes with the Vector Legion, which annoyed Malack because you can't ride a bike with a tail instead of legs. Young Nale liked to start the fire in the fireplace so as to overheat Malack and make him leave the room. Teenage Nale killed Malack's "children".

AT nine years old, Malack tricked Nale into spelling "Icup".
    Probably how it happened

12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGirl

Miron: Great, Tarkie's kid is ranting about his intellectual superiority and his inevitable ascension to the throne again.
    Laurin: This is why Hannah will never be involved with any of this.
    Tarquin: Don't worry guys, I have a brilliant emotionally manipulative scheme which will solve everything in time for me to head to my Father of the Decade ceremony I arranged in my honour.
    Malack: Hrrm.
    Last edited by oppyu; 2014-03-17 at 10:53 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    Miron: Great, Tarkie's kid is ranting about his intellectual superiority and his inevitable ascension to the throne again.
    Laurin: This is why Hannah will never be involved with any of this.
    Tarquin: Don't worry guys, I have a brilliant emotionally manipulative scheme which will solve everything in time for me to head to my Father of the Decade ceremony I arranged in my honour.
    Malack: Hrrm.
    I'm now going to assume that this exchange happened word for word in the middle of a recently conquered city while Jacinda runs back and forth stuffing several bags of holding full of magical loot in the background.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzan Proditor View Post
    That clears that up. I was a bit confused for the first few posts.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117