New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures of Eliria [IC] (3.5)

"Not especially, but we need to talk about something once we are on the road out out of ear-shot of random persons... but preferably BEFORE we pass our last chance to resupply, perhaps with some rather rare gear... or MAYBE at least salt... lots of salt... or some sort of spice that would literally put a vulture off its meal. Bleh... now isn't the time."
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2014-04-20 at 05:36 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ever Lasting Rations are all you really need. It will take a few days to make one but they're fairly easy to commission.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

"Bah!" Monkey waves his long-fingered hands about his head in agitation. "Buy this! Find that! Make another! Mighty heroes leap into action! There are wrongs to right and great feats to accomplish! Enough talk!"

With that, he leaps aboard a camel and slaps its side. [B]"Charge!"[/B

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Yeah, that's right. I quoted Conan. Whachoo gonna do about it?
    Last edited by JanusJones; 2014-04-20 at 02:26 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

The mightiest of heroes can't jump into anything if they're on the verge of starving to death. It might be boring but surviving long enough to reach the fight is as important as the fight itself.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Monkey c0cks his head to the side, staring at Tannis as if bewildered. "Did you not hear that Monkey can find food, or not believe in the handsome Monkey King's abilities?" He scratches his head, sitting atop the camel cross-legged. "Hmm. Or you might have problems with your ears ..."

He leans off the camel and hollers at Tannis: "Fear not, hairless one - the Great Sage will ensure you do not go hungry!" He accompanies this with motions of eating, wildly exaggerated with munching and chewing sounds.

When finished, he turns to the camel's head and digs in his heels.

"Onwards!"

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

"Indeed... Onward. I had merely forgotten in all the excitement that we had persons with us who could handle the issue of food. Monkey's impetuousness may land him or us in trouble at some point, but I have reasonable hopes that it isn't this point."
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Erin and the party prepare to leave town, pausing only briefly at a trader near the gates for Vincent to satisfy his peculiar curiosity. The camels are quite capable of carrying any gear you may need carried to keep yourself under a Light Load. As you are getting ready to leave, Aandilar stops by.

"Hail Warriors. I wish you all luck on your trip. I stopped by because I figured it might be helpful to ward you from the desert heat. It'll only last a day, or two in your case, but it should keep you from catching sunstroke during that time."

Aandilar then proceeds to cast Endure Elements on Sun, Markrev, and Pum; and Extended Endure Elements on Mimic, Vincent, and Erin.

Spoiler: Vincent
    Show
    We'll RP this on the down low, just to keep things moving. Try not to let this influence anything you purchase. I'm not sure precisely what you're after, but I've given you essentially a row of market buildings. You can find at least one of anything under (5d6)[11] gp, apart from special materials, magical items, and animals. You can however, find scrolls of Endure Elements at market price, no matter how many gp I rolled.

As you head towards the outskirts of town, you are stopped by one of the guards you met last night. He hails you and thanks you for helping out with the brawl last night.

At the gates outside, there seems to be a bit of a commotion. A young, troubled teen red-headed girl is being chased by an angry mob.
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2014-04-20 at 11:52 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Markrev buys a few torches and another two waterskins for his horse, and then leads his horse out of the town to wait for the others, giving the guard a friendly nod as he passes. Seeing the mob chasing the girl, Markrev takes a few steps towards the red-haired girl, hands flexing as he looks at the mob, essentia sliding into his tail. "What's going on here?" He growls, "Why is a mob chasing down a single girl?"
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the city-folk pauses, clearly eager to tell you the good news.

"She's a Witch!"

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Pum

Pum had remained silent throughout the whole food discussion. She could find food, and nature food was better than the preserved stuff city folk eat. At times, she glanced at the camels. Hundreds of pounds of fresh meat. We have food carrying food...what's the problem?

When they run into the fun game the people are playing with the red-headed girl, it turns out it is a form of commotion. The people are mad at her. That's not good. Pum turns to her comrades: "What is Witch?" There is still a slight grin on her face, as if she is eager to join the game.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mimic blinks at their declaration, then thinks about all of the casters that are in this world. So? What's the harm in a little magic? Then again since you're using a mob based legal system you're probably accusing her of something she didn't do in the first place. So tell us, what crimes do you think she's committed and why do you think she's committed them?

Mimic faces the girl. I would offer you sanctuary among our group at least until the end of this conversation.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

"An evil, horrible temptress who bargained with demons for magic!"

Spoiler: Markrev
    Show
    You know that while is occasionally true, not all Warlocks necessarily do this.

Other members of the mob start crying out.

"A witch! A witch! A witch! We found a witch! We've got a witch! A witch! A witch! We have found a witch."

"We must burn her!"

"A witch!"

Edit: The man is confused by Mimic's words, and the girl manages to sneak over to your party.
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2014-04-21 at 11:36 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

"Has she done anyone any harm? Has you proof that she made deals with demons? There are other forms of magic, other paths to magical arts. I have magic of a sort, does that make me a demon worshiper?" Markrev says moving his horse between the girl and the mob, and himself between the mob and the horse, and raising his incarnum coated hand meaningfully.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Vincent unties the draw-string on top of Bouncy Ball of Justice Junior's sack while keeping an eye on the mob... and their intended target too, just to be on the safe side.

He then puts on his shield, trying to look casual about it.
    Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Pum

Pum smiles at the girl. "Hi, Pum!" The shifter peers at the angry mob and turns to the girl with red hair. "You did something bad?"

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the men calls out loudly, with the somewhat nasal sound of a runny nose.

"She turned me into a newt!"

The small red-haired girl looks sheepishly at Markrev.

"I did no such thing!"

"Burn her anyway!"

Spoiler: Vincent
    Show
    Call it Sleight of Hand, modified by the Armor Check Penalty of your shield.
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2014-04-21 at 04:07 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

"If she turned you into a newt how are you here talking now? I mean witches with that sort of power are unlikely to let a mob chase them down."

Current Projects:

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well... I got better..."

There is some mumbling from the crowd, and then someone shouts out "Burn her!"

If you don't pacify this crowd soon, they are going to take matters into their own hands.

The girl hides behind Pum.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Vincent steps forward and grabs his holy symbol with his free hand, holding it up at chin level and waggling it.

"I happen to be a cleric of Auronia, and she directs me to hunt down those who use magical powers for evil ends. That having been said, it is better to err on the side of letting a guilty person go free, than condemning an innocent... unless any of you just so happens to have the price of a small manner-house laying around in the form of diamonds?
    No?

I do agree that the transmogrification angle sounds rather sketchy. I'd dare say it would be easier to make someone THINK they had been turned into a newt for a while than to actually transform them, and that sort of misdirection speaks to the sort of mind that would take joy in framing someone else for their crime. Then there is also the issue of motive. Such magic may or may not be only the purview of ones who could slay you all handily, but it is certainly not something that would be used without at least a modicum of forethought by anyone who actually possesses it.
    "

Spoiler: Rolling Spellcraft, just in case you need me to.
    Show
    (1d20+1)[16]
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2014-04-21 at 07:48 PM.
    Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mimic uses minor shapechange to assume a visage that appears celestial if not downright angelic. He brushes the girls face with one hand and calmly smiles at her. Sweet child do not fear, Our Lord, Saint Cuthbert, has seen your need and sent me to arbitrate justice this day.

Mimic turns to the mob. Please recount her alleged crimes and put forth your evidence of her wrong doing or cease this harassment immediately. You sir, are clearly not a newt and as such I find her innocent of that crime.

Disguise: Taking 10 if I can: 28. If I can't take 10: (1d20+18)[29]
    Bluff: Taking 10: 20
    Diplomacy: Taking 10: 22
    Last edited by TETanglebrooke; 2014-04-21 at 09:50 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Skill checks, Vincent
    Show
    Diplomacy:
    You successfully used Aid Another on Mimic.
    Sleight of Hand:
    Despite the ACP of your armor, you slipped your shield out quite casually, and drew no attention for it.

Spoiler: Skill Checks, Mimic
    Show
    Bluff, Disguise:
    Your natural ability and skill with deception grants a +2 Circumstance bonus to Diplomacy for emulating a [Good] creature.
    Diplomacy:
    Your effective Diplomacy of 26 sways any Risk/Reward of up to -7 in your favor and you essentially have this crowd's leader in your hands.

The man seems rather shamefaced. "We heard that she had been manipulating some of our kinsman-"

"And she turned me into a newt!"

"But no matter. If you would be so kind as to take care of the poor girl, we'll just... Go home I guess..."

And with that, the crowd is effectively dispersed.

The girl on the other hand, is still hiding behind Pum, but asks.

"What will you do with me, milords?"

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Pum

Pum had been doing her best to shield the girl with her presence. Once the mob disperses and the girl asks her question, she turns to the girl and looks at her quizzically: "What you want do. You not want go home?"

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

The girl shakes her head.

"That was what passed for my family what just left me here. I accidentally broke a few pots and vases with my powers."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

"That sounds a far cry from turning a man into a newt. What powers do you possess?"

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can evoke blasts of otherworldly energy, and I see things, hear them even. They never stop talking to me..."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

"What do they say now?" Monkey looks genuinely curious.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

The girl opens her mouth to speak and it seems like a hundred thoughts all crash though her head at once. Her eyes roll back in her head so that just the whites show and her body twitches and jerks for a moment as if caught in a seizure. Then the girl passes out.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh boy, let's not ask that again" Mimic says as the crowd leaves and he turns back into Tannis.

Ooc: I'm writing on my tablet right now and it seems I don't have a choice in font color this way.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Markrev picks up the girl. "We can't leave her here, the people are ready enough to lynch her."

Current Projects:

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Vincent moves over to her and tends to her, initially careful of a trick.

Spoiler: Burning a charge off of a healer's kit.
    Show
    Heal (1d20+10)[26]

"Well, let's take her with us. She still might be guilty for all we know, and if she isn't she could use our help to give her the emotional strength to counter those voices. Who knows, she might even be able to pull her own weight!"
    Extended Signature