New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Default Re: Jinx - CE or CN?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhaic View Post
    But Jinx is funny, and that bumps her a step up on the alignment chart. Therefore, she is effectively chaotic neutral.
    But Elan is funny too. Does that mean he's chaotic exalted? Or is he actually chaotic neutral, and being funny is why he's chaotic good? I'm confused now
    I'M NOT CRAZY!!

I just find sanity a rather dull affair

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Insanity View Post
    She's not tho. Some people choose to interpret her like that in fan works like comics or fan art, but that's just headcanons. There's not enough details in lore or game to make it likely.

BTW, there's an offical animated music video with her, it might give some more insight to her psyche.
    I've seen the video, which is most of the info I have on her anyhow. I haven't played League since she came out. She's cute in the vid, it seems to be the rest of the official art that makes her look demented (and how, I might add!). Apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Insanity View Post
    I can totally see the arguments for CE and her quotes do indicate that she probably has no compunctions about killing people, but OTOH nowhere does it actually say that she murders anyone and as we can see in the video Piltover is largely operated by robots.

The lore talks about crime, mayhem and panic, but doesn't mention murder.
    Causing deliberate mayhem and panic would be the definition of terrorism, which most people would agree is evil. Not to mention even if the robots aren't sentient at all, it's still the destruction of property and likely thousands of people's livelihoods. Clearly Jinx enjoys hurting people for its own sake.

BTW I dunno if she's crazy or not. She may just be sadistic, a trait found in perfectly sane, rational (if generally nasty) people.
    Shield-eaters and world leaders have many likes alike

Freelance D20 Design Guy

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Well there is one more theory for her behavior. Looking at her she's still basically a teenager. Now lets be honest here, having some rather violent impulses and fantasies at that age isn't exactly unheard of. Combine that with potentially never having had to learn to restrain yourself and you basically have Jinx. She's playing a game. It's fun and filled with adrenaline. Somewhere it does register that it has some form of consequences, just not how it applies to her because she's having fun and she's the hero of her own story.
    So basically a kid with a bit to much power and warped sense of reality.
    But with that in mind I do still believe she's CE, but I also think it would be possible to redeem her.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

@The Insanity: Much as I like seeing Tekkano-Makichan's work spread, I'm afraid I'm going to have to point you at the forum rules regarding signatures.

On the plus side since I know her, I can ask if she would be willing to extract out a static frame for your use.