New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: HGS's PTA Aatos Adventure

Cassius freezes for a moment at the man's implication. Fight with another's pokemon? He had spared and battled with his own team more times than he could count, but he had never placed them under another's command. Cassius's mind races for a moment before reaching a decision. "Hmph, fine. But don't expect this to be easy." Cassius nods to Fang who, apparently slighly bemused at the situation, walks over to Belephron. As long as we're doing introductions, this is Fang, and my name is Cassius. now that that's out of the way, Belephron, I'm ready when you are.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fang: Speed 9
    Last edited by UncleScrewtape; 2014-06-07 at 04:00 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

Beckah sighed and returned Surtr. I suppose not. She released Mjolnir, and the pokemon floated in front of her, ready for battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Speed 3
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The Battle Begins

After what seems like nearly three weeks of assessing your connection with Fang, Belephron pulls a ball from his belt and tosses it to you. After catching it, you release the pokemon to find a flying horse-like pokemon.

Nice to meet you, Cassius.

Belephron bows.

This is Pegasus. His is a rare breed of stallion that was blessed by the legendary Thundurus.

He turns to Fang.

Your burden of proof, Fang, is to show me that you are mightier than my Pegasus, I will be interested to see how you do.

Let us begin then, Cassius. Fang, leer!

Spoiler
    Show
    Pegasus: Zebstrika with electric and flying types, 13 hp, 12 atk, 12 def, 14 satk, 9 sdef, 12 spe. All the moves that Zebstrika has by level 20 (I know it's an early evolution).

Cha: successful command on 15+, next move automatically successful at 22+ (1d20+5)[11] Leer Ac 2, lowers def 1 CS (1d20)[16]

Fang stares at Belephron, unconvinced that he should move, and sits down looking at you with remarkable obedience in its eyes.

Battle with Tal

We begin!

His Gligar springs into the air and then swoops down at Mjolnir with its barbed tail pointing in front of it in bee-sting fashion

Spoiler
    Show
    Aerial Ace- cannot miss
    damage: (2d10+26)[42]

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the super delayed post guys, I've been pretty busy lately but I'll have more free time now.
    Last edited by HGSwellerman; 2014-06-22 at 12:53 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Cassius grins at Fang's loyalty, but they both knew that she would never sit idle for long. C'mon girl, show me what you've got." He turns to Pegasus and addresses the horse with a curt command. "That goes for you too. Get into the air and hobble her. The quicker the better."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cha check:(1d20)[14]
    Thunder Wave: Thunder Wave cannot miss. Thunder Wave Paralyzes the target.
    Last edited by UncleScrewtape; 2014-06-22 at 09:36 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Mjolnir responds by attempting to slam his body into the pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Iron Head AC 2 (1d20)[2]; (3d10)[20] physical steel
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2014-06-22 at 09:47 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Battle with Belephron

The wave of electric energy zaps Fang into stiffness. You can tell that she is suffering from the phenomenal slowness of her actions. You begin to think of your own helplessness at the hands of the Ursaring and your headache breaks into numbing pain. Belephron witnesses your pain and seems to be studying you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fang is paralyzed, you are now faster so it's your move.

Battle with Tal

The Gligar skillfully deflects the blow. He then dives up into the air and zeroes in on Mjolnir with a forceful, item knocking blow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knock Off acc 6, flying-shifted physical, 1.5X damage if opponent has an item (I added this effect to match current battle simulators)
    Acc (1d20)[5] damage (1d6+21)[27]

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Huh," Cassius grimaces under the new wave of pain. He must have been more exhausted than he thought. "Don't stop now. It's time to end this charade! Stay in the air and hit her with everything you've got." He needed to finish this, and fast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cha Check: (1d20)[8]
    Shock Wave: (1d20)[13] Shock Wave cannot miss, (2d10+26)[38] special electric damage
    Last edited by UncleScrewtape; 2014-06-24 at 03:22 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Denied and Accepted

The pain of your headache recedes nearly as instantly as it came. Belephron's gaze intensifies as he studies your peculiar actions. Pegasus, however, looks entirely unmoved by your command and swoops down to the ground in the middle of the room. Fang's eyes meet yours sympathetically, though the discomfort of the paralysis is evident.

Go on, Fang, show Pegasus what you can do!

Fire ignites in Fang's eyes as she perceives the insult done to you by the disobedient Zebstrika. An aura of flame envelopes the Growlithe as she approaches the flying stallion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Flame Wheel acc 2 fire physical
    acc (1d20)[6] damage (2d10+30)[44]

After the inferno of an attack singes Pegasus Belephron steps forward with his right arm extended out at shoulder level, indicating the end of the encounter.

Enough, I have seen what I need to see. Obviously the bond between you and your pokemon is strong, Cassius. You will do well to continue strengthening it; a strong bond makes the difference between the mediocre and the great.

He heals Fang, returns her to her ball, and hands the ball back to you. He bows.

Take these as a token of my acceptance of you as a trainer.

Spoiler
    Show
    You obtain a black key
    +2400EXP for Fang
    Obtain Heart Trinket: proof of the bond you and Fang have, it will allow her to learn all the moves a Growlithe can learn even after evolving
    Last edited by HGSwellerman; 2014-06-24 at 04:34 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Cassius nods in thanks as he receives the ball and the winnings. "Fang and I have been together a long time, Belephron, and never once have I doubted her greatness." Fang stalks proudly to her master's side and he kneels, replacing the blood red jewel the hung from her collar with the simple trinket he had just received. As he affixes it to Fangs collar, Cassius eyes the Belephron's 'mon. If there were more in the area, his instincts screamed that they'd undoubtably fetch a sizable price. "But I've not seen the like of Pegasus before. What manner of beast is he?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Time to find a Fire Stone!
    Last edited by UncleScrewtape; 2014-06-25 at 11:28 AM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Belephron

Hm. A true hunter. I regret to tell you that not a single coin-chaser has ever caught a flying Zebstrika. To successfully catch one is considered a blessing by Thundurus himself, and he doesn't care much for hunters. Although if you truly are curious, their breed can be found in a remote part of Khalkha known as the valley of the wind. There are many interesting finds there, but I doubt you will be able to brave that land for quite some time.

That trinket, by the way, is for you. It's effect will take place as you wear it, not as Fang does.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Cassius grins as he exchanges the trinket for the blood red stone once more, committing the name of Khalkha to memory. "We shall see. In any case, Belephron, I believe it is tim to move on." Cassius nods once more at his uniformed opponent before unlocking the black door and walking through. Both he and his team could use a meal, and the strain of the constant battle was beginning to tell.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Success.

You open the black door and find yourself in a narrow hall that leads to yet another door. This one, however, was open. You enter a large room and discover three people sitting casually at a table and chatting. They look up at you and set there drinks down as you walk in. They look to be roughly mid-thirties and tough, each one of them. The man sitting at the left is garbed in the same Monto as Tal and eight shining badges to show for it. He has dark hair, sharp eyes, and from what you can tell a muscular build with the first sprouts of grey showing in his trim beard. The next man was garbed in the same dark blue with gold-trim as Quinton, you assume he is with the league. The last man has light blondish-red hair and an overflowing inferno of a beard. He is the first to stand up and approach you and extends a hand which you shake.

Congratulations, Mr. Tarquin, this room marks the end of your training. You must be exhausted, come sit with us and enjoy some refreshments. I am Burl Honig, I designed this training course and the trainers who tested your skills to get here are all colleagues of mine. This man to my right is Riddick, he is a correspondent of Quinton's and I believe he has some useful information for you as far as occupation. That man at the other end of the table is Professor Kasparov, he is the professor of this academy. But first tell me, what would you say is more essential in a hunter, persistence or strength?

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Cassius paused at the invitation. He could tell that these men were accustomed to power, and they had no lack of it. As few as two days ago, they wouldn't have given him a second glance on the street, let alone offer him a place at their table. "I don't think I can answer you, Mr. Honig. What's 'essential' to a hunter is bagging his catch. And I'll do that with strength, persistence, or any other tool that gets the job done. What's essential is success, not the tools you use to get there." These men were some of the most dangerous people that Cassius had ever met, and he would be a fool to let his guard down around them. Nevertheless, he takes the offered seat and sits with almost audible relief.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

At the Table of Superiors

Honig smiles at your reply and gives a hardy laugh.

A clever hunter? You don't see those every day! Well Ridick, it seems we both lose the bet, he is not quite so one-dimensional as most hunters.

He continues to laugh hardily and pats you on the back, you can't help but to be moved under the weight of his hand. Honig pulls up a chair and politely seats you before he returns to his place. You shake hands with each of the men at the table.

So, Cassius Tarquin, you are one of five today to brave this trial and so far you are the only one to pass. It is not everyday you will encounter someone so highly ranked as the professor or myself, but it is of special interest to us at the league when someone completes this challenge, so here we are to congratulate you.

He pours you a drink. It tastes delicious despite some of its ingredients being bitter and you can feel your energy coming back. You can feel your headache spike under the gaze of the professor, but the drink helps remedy that as well.

Kasparov speaks, We like the direction you are going, Cassius. I think that if you continue on this path then we will have a lot to give each other. But first, as a means to congratulate you, take this.

He slides a plaque across the table, it's a diploma.

The professor continues, This is a mark of you as an educated man, it seems you know battling well enough for us to assert that. Now receive the true gift, this is a bit of symbol magic that I trust you will find extremely useful.

Kasparov walks to where you are sitting and bends your head back. You struggle for a moment, maybe from the instinct to fight, but you can do nothing to escape his iron grip. He places his free hand over your left eye and you cease to struggle. For a moment you are completely still. Your left eye feels icy cold and then begins to normalize.

Spoiler
    Show
    You gain a trainer level. 15000EXP to split evenly between your pokemon, obtain diploma- proof that you were educated at Dawnmar, and you receive the pokedex.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Cassius shrinks back from Kasperov's touch, eyes watering. He blinks in an effort to clear them before giving up and rubbing them with his sleeve. He turns and half rises from his chair, eyes flashing but his voice catching in his throat. "What did you do to me, magician?"
    Last edited by UncleScrewtape; 2014-07-19 at 09:48 AM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The Overflow

This, Kasparov said tapping the nail of his index finger to the brow right above your left eye, is a gift.

It is called the pokedex. It is an especially brilliant piece of symbol magic, the latest modification of which I helped to devise though it has been in limited use since the second age. You want to know what it does? It enhances your knowledge- what before took years of education and practice to determine is now accessible even to the most brainless worm in an instant. You have in your eye the ability to identify pokemon as well as their typing, upon closer examination you can even determine a pokemon's nature, height, weight, etc. Summon one of your pokemon and see for yourself.

You call out Scales and upon gazing at him you know, as if such knowledge was natural, his type and his nature (though you cannot figure out what it means to be "impish"). It's no longer the rote memorization of what Tal told you about his type, you know it effortlessly.

You sense within Scales a brimming energy as though his soul is yearning to stretch out of his body. Scales begins to twist and turn, his scales turn dry upon him and slough off like the scabs of old skirmishes. His maneuvers become exaggerated, even violent, as he continues to roll and scratch at himself. You watch in awe of the frenzy before you. Before you would have glanced in confusion and maybe tried to stop his thrashing, but there is a calm knowledge that restrains your movements.

Scales curls and spasms deeper and deeper into a ball-like position. He flexes and curls deeper, flexes and curls deeper, and SNAP! Spikes protrude from his spine- more scales flake off. The little gator straightens out his position and flattens on the ground and tears at himself. His tail stabs further out of his back, his fangs lance out of his mouth, instantly replaced by longer, sharper ones that stretch out of his mouth. His snout elongates, his eyes wincing. At last, Scales' movements slow; you hear his panting die into calmer and longer breaths. The pokemon stands up onto his hind legs, instantly knowing its balance, and shakes off the last of its old scales revealing a sleek and lustrous new coat, his black stripes now extending around his underbelly. You see much of the old playfulness of your pokemon replaced by cold determination and though no one told you, you know you are no longer looking at a Sandile but a Krokorok.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Cassius smiles savagely and grabs the back of Scales's powerful neck, bringing it close to his own. He had had no idea that the little lizard would be capable of something like this so soon. "What did I tell you little one, less than a week with me and look at you now!" He pushes Scales' snout aside before turning back to the others. If what they said was true, the "pokedex" would be a powerful tool. Nevertheless, continues to eye Kasparov with caution born of a long distrust of gifts freely given.

Cassius stiffly inclines his head towards Kasparov, "I suppose I owe you my thanks then, magician, as it is all I have to offer in return." He then turns with almost feverish intensity to Riddick. "Of course, I have yet to make a true test of it... but it sounds like you might have something for that."
    Last edited by UncleScrewtape; 2014-08-16 at 10:48 AM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

The buldum was nearly knocked out by the blow, his defense boosting amulet falling to the floor uselessly. Most pokemon would have been knocked out by that blow, and it was only from sheer force of endurance that it managed to stay up. It launched itself at the pokemon with its head shining with purple energy.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[20] AC 4 Aen Headbutt Flinch 15+; Psychic Physical Damage (3d10+28)[44]; on crit additional (3d10+12)[33]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The Challenge Begins?

Kasparov was irritated with the second utterance of "magician." If you wish to call me by my occupation, Mr. Tarquin, the term is professor. You knew from the day you could comprehend language that in Elba, professor was a high rank akin to general or admiral, and it demanded much respect. As with all accomplished Elbans, Kasparov carried himself like a formidable blade in a sheath of custom and formality.

Riddick spoke, Mr. Tarquin, I do have as you say, "something for that." He pulls out a folder and sets it down on the table. This is your dossier, Quinton and I were surprised to find that there is very little information on you. Furthermore, you have not begun your league challenge. Typically this is a "coming of age" thing, I expected you to at least be in the process of your challenge when I learned of your performance at the Bounty Circle and the fact that you were recommended by Wolf Himark. As impressive as your performance has thus far been, Mr. Tarquin, we at the league require more concrete credentials. My first task for you is to challenge the gym leader here in Dawnmar. If you earn a badge, I will pay you as though you had brought back a bounty and then our transactions may begin.

Victory against Tal

The Gligar collapses under the blow and Tal's expression broke into one of enthusiastic joy.

Tremendous attack! I am very impressed young lady, very few can claim to have ever defeated me. I must admit, I had underestimated you. Perhaps when you grow more powerful, as I know you will, you may test my lineup at full strength. I beseech you, accept this gift.

Spoiler
    Show
    Your lineup is fully healed. +1 trainer level. You obtain mystery ball (what pokemon could possibly be inside!?). +15,000EXP to distribute as you see fit (not to the pokemon in the mystery ball though).

Now, go to the courtyard out this door and enter the training room, there your trials will continue.
    Last edited by HGSwellerman; 2014-08-16 at 01:33 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Cassius frowns when the league challenge is mentioned. He'd never liked the idea of strutting about in an arena for the sake of a bit of jewelry. But so much of Elba revolved around it, it was a bizarre he'd been able to avoid it this long. All right, a job's a job, and I'll hunt anything, even jewelry. But first I'll need to pick up a few supplies and get a feel for the town.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Surprised at anybody at Mjolnir's blow, Beckah thanked the man warmly, holding the pokeball with the same unfamiliar certainty. She quickly gathered up the small defense boosting amulet and gave it back to her beldum. Before she went into the next room however, she released the mystery pokemon from its apricorn.

Spoiler
    Show
    Does that xp take my ace trainer modifier into account or no? Assuming it has already been accounted for, these are the new levels.

Mjolnir from 20 - 23. Surtr from 13-22.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Gearing Up

You feel the collective weight of the mens' gazes in response to your obvious distaste of the league challenge.

Riddick studies you for a moment, then pulls out a pad of paper from his on quickly jots onto the page, tears it out, and proceeds to do the same on the next. He hands you the two pieces of paper.

Very well, Mr. Tarquin, if you are looking to get equipped- these are two vouchers. The first, take to the smith in the west of town near the coastline and south of the docks. This will make your gear affordable. The second, take to the psychic on the to the southwest of town, his establishment borders the wall; he will give you teach you to resist mind control and possibly teach your pokemon some techniques. As for supplies, you can find the mart across the street from the pokemon center along the main road. That will be all.

The New Member

You make it to the entrance of the training room and release the pokemon. The ball releases a bright flash that dims into the dark blue outer shell of your pokemon. You study it for a bit but you don't recognize the clam-like pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    The last post does not take into account your EXP bonus. You obtain Shellder! lvl 25, jolly nature, ability: skill link. egg moves: rock blast, rapid spin, bubble beam. Stat as you please.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Inclining his head once more to the group, Cassius rises, turns on his heel, and leaves the room with Scales nipping at his heels. He clenches the vouchers tightly as he walks out of the academy, proof that dealing with the league would have perks enough to make the hassle of their meaningless requirements worth it.

After leaving the building, he heads back to the inn. It had been an exhausting day, and he needed food, rest, and a stiff drink almost as much as his team did. He settles into a table near the back, releasing his team by his feet and gestured to the innkeeper's daughter to bring some dinner.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming its evening, but Cassius is content to spend the evening at the inn.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HGSwellerman View Post
    Gearing Up

You feel the collective weight of the mens' gazes in response to your obvious distaste of the league challenge.

Riddick studies you for a moment, then pulls out a pad of paper from his on quickly jots onto the page, tears it out, and proceeds to do the same on the next. He hands you the two pieces of paper.

Very well, Mr. Tarquin, if you are looking to get equipped- these are two vouchers. The first, take to the smith in the west of town near the coastline and south of the docks. This will make your gear affordable. The second, take to the psychic on the to the southwest of town, his establishment borders the wall; he will give you teach you to resist mind control and possibly teach your pokemon some techniques. As for supplies, you can find the mart across the street from the pokemon center along the main road. That will be all.

The New Member

You make it to the entrance of the training room and release the pokemon. The ball releases a bright flash that dims into the dark blue outer shell of your pokemon. You study it for a bit but you don't recognize the clam-like pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    The last post does not take into account your EXP bonus. You obtain Shellder! lvl 25, jolly nature, ability: skill link. egg moves: rock blast, rapid spin, bubble beam. Stat as you please.
    Beckah stares at the shell curiously for a bit. She had no idea what it was. However, it was probably defensive if that shell meant anything. Silently deciding to name it Ichaival, she recalled the pokemon and moved through the doorway.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The Sleepy Dratini

Matilda brings out a meal which you and your lineup gladly dispose of. You look outside to see that evening is upon you, the blue sky transforming to a pink and orange sunset promising the dark purple-blue of night that will follow, though you judge you have about 40 minutes of light left should you choose to go out. Sloan sees to it that your room is prepared and that you are well fed. He shares that you look cleaned up and somehow stronger than before.

Spoiler
    Show
    You have enough time to go either to the blacksmith and deposit your order or to the psychic if you intend to do either. You and your lineup are wiped out due to the long day of hard work and the energy inducing effects of the drink you had at the table of superiors has worn off. Do as you please.

The Training Commences

You enter a room with two doors on the wall opposite to you, on the left a red door and on the right a blue one. There is a table in the center of the room with a single key on it. You study both doors and contemplate the meaning of their colors. Red seems so vibrant, lively, and active while the blue seems so solid, calm, and sturdy.

Spoiler
    Show
    One key, two doors, pick the one you think suits your trainer better.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Beckah picks up the key and contemplates her two choices. Her active lifestyle pulled her towards the red door, but eventually she decided that the sturdy, solid door was more her style. She walked up to it and calmly unlocked the door, peeking inside of it.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

As the cool of evening settles over the Sleepy Dratini, Scales and Coil gradually settle into the sloth that overtakes cold-blooded 'mons once the sun has disappeared. They follow Cassius to his room and quickly curl up on the floor, Coil's bulk still dwarfing Scales's new form. Cassius considers waking them but, in the end, decides against it. The nights still belonged to him and Fang alone.

He, with the fiery orange hound at his heels, heads out into the the twilight and makes his way to the market where he can restock some of the necessities of his trade.

Spoiler
    Show
    Blacksmith and psychic can wait until tomorrow.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Through the Blue Door

Beckah enters the next room to find stadium markings on the ground and a trainer sitting cross-legged at the other end of the room. Behind him are two more doors. The trainer is not tall, but he looks tough. He carries a short sword you recognize as a kodachi at his hip.

Welcome, Miss. My name is Bastion. He bows. I am the defensive specialist of this academy and you are here to prove yourself to me. Should you succeed, your trial will continue. The task is 3v3, pokemon and trainers fighting. If you have any questions, I shall happily oblige; if you are ready, we shall begin.

Supply Run

You make your way through the well-lit streets of Dawnmar. There are still several people still out and about and the shops look to still be open. You make your way to the main square and see the pokemart along with a few specialty item stands not far from where you stand. Out of the colosseum, you see the winners of the day stepping out with their new medals around there necks along with the many admirers crowding out of the building.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Cassius scowls at the crowd of simpering fans. He spits into the dusty street before heading indoors and peering around the interior of the building. "Storekeep? I have business for you."

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

Wanting to test her new arrival, Beckah released Ichaival, who sat on the ground, tongue out, ready for battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Speed 6

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show