New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default [Nexus] Those Forged by Flames 1: Fortunately Fireproof

If you find yourself wandering the Cloudtop District in Skyside, you might come across a particular mansion. This building is five stories of fine architecture, in whatever style the reader decides makes the most sense. Supposing you find this mansion, you will notice the decal upon the darkly tinted double doors, a decal depicting a humanoid figure surrounded by an octagon of flame. At each tip, a different color makes itself known, ranging from the primary and secondary colors, with the addition of black and white. Should you knock on the door, it will be opened by one of the residents, or either of the Suli servants, Sue and Richter. If asked, they will inform you that this mansion is the Guild Hall of Those Forged by Flames, a place for pyromancers, fire mages, or any other creatures of flame.

Spoiler: OOC Things to Keep in Mind
    Show
    This is not an Org/ACRO, and is not protected against teleports or super-powerful attacks. However, the entire place is fireproof, from the carpet to the paintings. Yes, everything.
    Also, should you want to attack the mansion, feel free to ask me in PM, IIRC, or OOC, just not before then.
    No Godmodding
    Also, please Location Tags, based off of the areas which will be provided below.
    Finally, please curtains to a minimum.
    Thank you!

Spoiler: Members/How to Join
    Show
    Guild Master: Thatcher Jsut (aric_kale)
    Guild Members:
    • Ashna (Recaiden)
    • Iggy (LordDeathkeeper)
    • Thalia/Tempest (Arkhosia)

Should you have a PC you'd like to throw at our merry band of...assorted...people, just comment OOC, and/or just send them here. they'll have to demonstrate their flame, and Thatcher will offer them one of the Guild Tokens. These markers are about the size of a quarter, shaped like a teardrop, and utterly devoid of color until claimed. When claimed, the core of the crystal will contain a bit of their flame.

Spoiler: NPCs
    Show
    The sibling Suli servants, Sue and Richter, are basically just humans who are pretty and slightly supernatural due to genie blood. They have a tendency to be perfectly servile but still retain a look of pride. As an added bonus, they are fire resistant.
    Djeserit also keeps the place tidy, though there's no reason for her to stay. The Janni (similar to a Djinn, conveniently immune to flames) wears a purple kimono, given to her by her old master, Zane Darkstar, and will obey any orders given to her, though her loyalties seem to lay mostly with Thatcher.
    All NPCs are fully controllable by Those Forged (members).

Spoiler: Locations
    Show
    The Living Room: Hosts a roaring fireplace, which burns with each of the individual member's flames, giving it a unique beauty. Seating includes several comfy arm chairs, and a sofa. There are books on the shelves, for the readers in the guild, and a coffee table in the center of the room.

Kitchen: Has everything one would expect in a kitchen, including a three-chamber sink and a walk-in refrigerator.

Rooms: For the members who choose to live at the mansion permanently, like Thatcher, or just need a place to spend the night.

Gardens: In the back, for those who desire fresh air and exotic plants, including, but not limited to, tulips.

Forge: Exactly what it sounds like. Located in the basement.

Dining Room: Boasts a long table, designed for at least twenty people. The center is decorated with same artwork seen on the door, and several Tokens are piled on top of it. Oddly enough, Thatcher tends to just eat in the living room.

Enjoy your stay!
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2014-03-18 at 10:48 AM.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: [Nexus] Those Forged by Flames 1: Fortunately Fireproof

Living Room

Thatcher sits on the floor, looking at the blade resting on the coffee table. Honestly, he was stunned. Cerulean was not his favorite weapon...he didn't love longswords in general. However, the blade was expensive, what with all of the protective runes and spells set into the pommel, and it just so happened to be broken in half.
    Damn. I suppose I should...I don't know. Perhaps it's time... He mutters to himself, frustrated. It was his fault really; he had been wandering around Inside's Red Zone looking for a quick thrill when the hallucinogenic plague struck. The pyromancer had managed to fight his way out, but his sword gave out near the end. Luckily, he recovered the pieces, but he was still swordless.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Living Room]

"What happened to your sword?"
    Ashna inquires, curious. Just recently she shifted into having always been here. She leans over the weapon, frowning at the runes and burnt-out spells; what could break it through that.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #4

Living Room

Thatcher sighs, looking up at Ashna, I overheated it, so to speak. I got myself surrounded by pipe-wielding crazies in Inside. He picks up the handle and flips it around so that his fellow pyromancer could get a closer look. Anyways, the enchantments were meant for duels, not long, sustained fights. Also, it seemed there was a design flaw; the magic wards were always on, whether I was cutting a pipe, person, or fruit. So...it wore out, and got broken. Damn...I was just getting used to it.
    I need to find that dagger...Wyrmfel, he called it. The Dragon's Bite. An apt name, all things considered.

Thatcher, you're rambling...
    He motions with the handle, offering to let her hold it.
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2014-03-18 at 11:45 PM.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

5. - Top - End - #5

[Living Room]

Ashna picks up the blade and looks it over, before passing it back with a shake of her head. "You should look to getting yourself a real weapon. Something with a handle. Pipe-wielding crazies, you say? How'd that come about?"

The fire around her perks up, leaning towards Thatcher, turning black at its tips. Wyrmfel. It remembers that sound-name, but where...?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #6

Living Room

Thatcher eyes the dark flames reaching towards him. He knew what they wanted, but he wasn't ready! I was in the Red Zone of Inside, looking to blow off steam...and some hallucinogenic effect had struck almost everyone...wasn't in the air, because I didn't catch it.
    And getting a new sword is the plan, Ashna. I want to use these shards, Thorinsgaet,
    he points at a short, single-edged blade on the mantel, and Wyrmfel to make one sword. One made over the forge of many flames. Something strong. He has several sketches, many resemble a xiphos, a cinquedea, or something different entirely. (color variable on the last one.)
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2014-03-19 at 12:31 AM.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #7

[Living Room]

"Red Zone you...I need to...remember that I have all the time in the world to get back there."

Ashna sits down with a sigh, drawing the black flames back closer to her. And here she was about to rush off to travel back in time as quick as she could.
    "I remember the plan. One of knows where Wyrmfel is. Or we did. I mean, one of us who's not me, if you follow."
    Her eyes flick over the sketches with a smile; she drew some of those, and it'll be good when they can finally make the blade a reality.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #8

Living Room

Skye? You know Skye? His player can't remember if we've established this already. He'd had his suspicions...but now. This was interesting. Of course! She'd have to know Skye. There's no other way for Ashna to have fearblaze.
    He smiles, dismissing his whispered question. So, which of these designs to you think is the best, and where do you think we can find Aric? Haven't thought of him in awhile, apart from wall antagonizing...
    He runs a hand through his hair, catching a few strands that had fallen onto his forehead and repositioning them.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #9

[Living Room]

"Of course, even if-You know Skye?" Of course he knows Skye, she's suspected that's why the flames respond to him so, but hearing it confirmed is still a bit of a thrill.
    She settles back in the chair, slightly embarrassed by that burst, and points out the entirely different sword. "That one is better. Broader and more structural integrity, if you're going to be trying to break it. I'm not sure, but I'd look for him in the Hunting Grounds or Skyside."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2014-03-19 at 11:17 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #10

Living Room

Thatcher nods in response to her question, smiling slightly. This explained much, though it added the question of how Ashna got the dark flame. That would have to be answered. As she states the strengths of the unique weapon. I must agree. Though I won't be trying to break this one. What ever shall it be named, I wonder.
    Skyside? Surely I would've heard of him, unless he's remaining low key. Haven't been to the Hunting Grounds yet...that could prove fortuitous.

The blue parts of the sword in question would be the colors of each flame in the guild fireplace, since the Forge has the same collection. It's a very pretty effect.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #11

[Living Room]

"We'll have to see once it's made, the sort of names that fit it." She pictures it, burning with all the flames they can gather. Would be a sight to see. Ashna shrugs. "I really know very little about him. He could be anywhere. Anyway, I think I'm going to go check on Inside as this thing starts, and then I'll search the past for him."
    After waiting to hear a response, her scarf flashes, and Ashna is gone.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #12

Living Room

That makes the most sense. He agrees. You can't properly name a sword until you've met it. Honestly, I don't know much of him either, apart from what he looks like. He shrugs, before realizing what Ashna just said. You time travel? I'd like to hear more on that when you return. That's quite the ability...
    After she leaves, he'll go to his own room and look up Aric Kale on the Yellow Pages.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #13

[Living Room]

A trail of rainbow light appears, racing about before the doorway before solidifying into a person. Ashna has returned, clearly more at ease, without her weapons and in a different outfit, a striped dress with no clothes.
    "No luck. So far as I can see, he's in a sliver of time that I can't access because I used it saving my friends."
    Time travel lesson 1. Retconjuration yes, but no do-overs.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #14

Living Room

Thatcher leaves his room with a laptop and a charger wrapped around his arm, only to find rainbow time magic stuff. He blinks a few times before realizing that it's only Ashna and not a Gallifreyan or an invader. That is unfortunate. Ah well, I found out that he's a member of MERC, back from when it was NO, and he took on a contract that has held him up for almost as long as he's been a member. When he gets back, the man will be tired. Then we can strike. The difficult part will be getting the dagger of dark flame, without being skewered or coming into contact with the black fire.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #15

[Living Room]

"So long as we don't catch him when he's around many other members of MERC." Ashna smirks. If he's relying on the flames of that sword, Aric will be in for quite a surprise.
    "Well done in finding him. So, that's the main way my travel works. There can't be two copies of me in any moment of time, although I can null my 'past' actions, past from my perspective, anyway, by leaving a message for myself. I didn't always believe me though."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #16

Living Room

That would be preferable, yes. While I feel like we could beat them, I don't want to be enemies with an ACRO just yet. Who knows what Aric can do? He survived Zane once in an unfair fight. He's stronger now, not that either of them could know that.
    Thank you, I learned how to search the MagNet under my former commander. Though I'd prefer not to speak of him.
    That makes sense, timestreams and all. Handy too. Well, you can't have everything.
    He states. It's true. You can't.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Fifth Floor

Something can be seen through one of the windows, flying at breakneck speeds and leaving a trail of smoke behind it. It's a bird! It's a plane! It's headed right this way!

yyyYYYYYYYYEEEEOOOOWWWWW-CRASH!

Something shatters through one of the skylights, tearing up the room as it tumbles in and slamming through a wall before stopping! Smoke mixes in with the dust kicked up everywhere, and lightning arcs through the cloud of ionized ash and splinters. A metal figure a bit taller than a man rises from the wreckage, coated in flaking purple paint, hanging ropes of seaweed, and copious amounts of sluicing saltwater dripping from every crack. Four arms sprout from its sides, one gripping a car door painted red like a shield, another gripping a trident arcing with electricity, and the lower two gripping a battered assault rifle of soviet origin. The head has been replaced with a small cluster of missiles, complete with a laser targeter.

The figure shakes itself clean of dust and drywall and a metallic shout explodes from within, "SURRENDER YOUR GOODS, CAPITALIST PIGS, FOR NOW BEGINS THE AGE OF L.E.S.S.!"
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

18. - Top - End - #18

Living Room - First Floor

If Thatcher didn't hear the crash, he certainly heard the ear-shattering shouts way up at the top story of his Guild Hall. Dammit, knew this would happen... He mutters, forgetting he left his gun in his haste. Its up in the second story bedrooms, but he'll have to notice it's not at his side, first...
    It'll take him a round or two to each L.E.S.S.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Fifth Floor

L.E.S.S. stands there for a moment, waiting, until he realizes nobody is coming to surrender their goods to his glorious communist might.

With an annoyed grunt, he starts off towards the stairs. His car door shield scrapes against the wall, blocking his passage, and it takes a few slams, readjustments, and holes in the wall for him to angle the shield to make his way down. It's time to test 'his' new invention, the LOOT-EEZ Portomatic. Hopefully it will teleport the loot he finds to his base...instead of vaporising it like it did the last place. He zaps anything valuable or important looking on his way down the stairs, hoping it sends it safely away.

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Fifth Floor

Iggy yawns himself awake as he's fairly sure someone's attacking his home. Again. Confound it all, Akenaten had less security problems with guards mostly wielding big sticks than most of Skyside.
    He flutters over, bored-ly examining the intruder but likely piping up before and loots are zapped.
    "Howdy neighbor. I don't remember letting you in and you definitely didn't come in through the front door invited, so if you don't mind get the heck out before I give you the perfect camouflage to hide in our fireplace."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

21. - Top - End - #21

Second Floor - Moving up in the World

Thatcher dashes up as fast as he can, his feet pounding on the stairs as he hears the zap of some weapon. This place was not cheap!

Third Floor - This is the one with the Treasure Chest, Right?

Ok, he's kinda out of breath now. Surely whatever's invading can meet him halfway. That sounds reasonable enough.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Third Floor

L.E.S.S. turns to Iggy, the laser pointer hastily duct taped to the rockets homing in on the phoenix, and stands there a second, confused.

An arm releases its grip on the assault rifle and levels itself at Iggy, and the attached pressure washer releases a torrent of high pressure sea water!

About the same time, Thatcher arrives, and the trident and assault rifle are pointed at him!

"SURRENDER YOUR GOODS, CAPITALIST SURFACE SCUM!"

(Recaiden) He lives!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Fifth Floor, Third Floor, Every Darn Floor

Iggy spins away from the attack, probably violating a few laws of physics as the water hits nothing but the sparks released by his feathers.
    "The dry cleaning tab is comin' out of your wallet, pal. Now I'm not sure you heard me. Get lost." he says forcefully, flapping his wings once, causing a ribbon of flame to launch itself at its weapon, which would likely cause some problems if it went off while at that temperature.

24. - Top - End - #24

Third Floor - Who needs the Fourth Floor?

Thatcher straightens up, breathing deeply as he reaches towards his hips...and grasps...a lot of air. The pyromancer growls and throws five, ping-pong sized fireballs, all aimed for his rifle. It was kinda threatening...
    Iggy, let's light 'em up! He shouts as his blood runs hot. He starts preparing more fireballs, which will be ready next turn.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #25

[Third Floor]

A flash of light appears behind LESS as another member starts opening a gate from the future. Red, orange, yellow, green...the colors shift quickly, but not too quickly for a reaction before it fully opens after violet.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Third Floor

The rifle heats up until it is glowing red beneath the burning assault, and begins to cook off rounds!

BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM!

Eight rounds manage to get out before the cycling action jams and the remaining bullets in the magazine explode and spray wildly, the gun ripping into so many splinters and chunks of metal to embed themselves in the walls, the car door, and anyone unfortunate!

The pressure washer arm rises to sweep the hallway with seat water, attempting to push back the fiery fighters as L.E.S.S. shouts angry, incoherent Russian, trying to charge down the stairs past them!
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2014-03-20 at 11:56 PM.

(Recaiden) He lives!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Third Floor?

Iggy scoffs at the feeble attempt at an attack. I mean, sure, he's no fighter but it takes a little more than an exploding gun he saw coming and a gush of water. He sparks his way out of the water's path again, and flaps his wings, causing a wall of thick crimson flames to materialize in front of the stairs.
    The phoenix just cackles, enjoying this.

28. - Top - End - #28

Third Floor

Zane launches the dual discs of white flame, flattening them at the last minute as he himself goes prone, barely evading the raging bullets. With a roar, Thatcher releases a torrent of fire from his fingertips, still laying on the ground. LESS is more likely to escape the way he came. Up. Don't you DARE try to harm Those Forged by Flames!
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #29

[Third Floor]

-blue-indigo isn't really part of the rainbow-violet-ultraviolet-Ashna synchronizes with the intruder's timeline and steps out into the hallway behind LESS, some sort of vaguely high-tech gun-like thing in her hands. Oh, and there's a little green targeting laser being pointed at the ...thing barelling down the stairs.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Third Floor

'Tis easier to charge through fire than lead! L.E.S.S. charges past Iggy and Thatcher, car door held up like a battering ram, steam rising from the joints of the armour and seaweed blackening and curling as the internal temperature rises.

"THE FLAMES OF YOUR AGRESSION WILL BE DOUSED!"

(Recaiden) He lives!