New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Sky Pirate Broadcasting : Radio Free Nexus

Located in the Cloudtops of Skyside, among the glass skyscrapers and glitzy urban development that almost-sort-of-not-really make up for the crime and awfulness and slavery of the rest of Skyside, is Sky Pirate Broadcasting, a giant broadcasting studio that can transmit across the Nexus. The studio is a host to such popular television and radio shows such as An Outside Home Companion, Frenemies, Are You Smarter Than an AMENite?, The Kitsune News Channel, and Magbot and Costello.

The Sky Pirate Broadcasting building is owned by Charlotte Weaver, who also runs her own talkshow Charlotte's Web from one of the studios.

Broadcast Rules and Notes
    1. All broadcasts should be labeled [ON AIR] in red so I can find them!
    2. Ordinary broadcasts can be made by anyone, at any time! Canon, non-canon, silly, serious, whatever! If you have a random idea for a broadcast, just feel free!
    3. Please label non-canon broadcasts explicitly, so that people don't accidentally refer to them outside the thread. Otherwise, all broadcasts are assumed to be canon, serious or not, and people might talk about them!
    4. Broadcasts from organizations such as Remnant, Irregulars, ACROs and others should be pre-approved. Sky Pirate Broadcasting will not willingly broadcast blatant political messages or terrorist threats, however disaster warnings and such will be allowed.
    5. Serial broadcasts (ongoing TV shows, radio shows, etc.) should be brought to my attention by PM or chat. This isn't an approval process, it's just so I know what's out there, and can put it under a special listing! Serials should have at least three broadcasts before being considered 'ongoing'.
    6. All broadcasts should follow forum rules, of course.

Other Rules and Notes
    1. Non-Broadcast posts should be labeled separately from broadcasts!
    2. Sky Pirate Broadcasting is an actual location. Anyone is free to play employees of the broadcast station, stage crew, media personalities or whatever.
    3. Non-broadcast posts are assumed to be canon, unless directly associated with a non-canon broadcast.
    4. Sky Pirate Broadcasting runs off a secure channel. Remote hijacking of Sky Pirate Broadcasting's airwaves is highly unlikely, without pre-approval.
    5. Physical invasions of Sky Pirate Broadcasting (hijacking the broadcast tower, crashing specific shows) should be pre-approved by all participants, and be roleplayed out to whatever extent. Please don't godmod.

Broadcast Index
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing! Get to work!
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2014-03-31 at 12:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Sky Pirate Broadcasting : Radio Free Nexus

On Air
    *A calm woman's voice speaks during one of the normal program's places after a brief [But before we begin, a PSA!]"*
    This is a Public Safety Announcement.
    Do not feed the Kaiju. This causes them to become reliant on humanoids for food, and will therefore put the species' survival at risk.
    This has been a public safety announcement.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!