New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft II: Night of the walking mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    Good game, wolves! Still, pizzaguy... how could you let Day 3 go to waste like that???
    This group was never going to lynch anyone but Szilard and furthermore, they were not inclined to really discuss anything.

I can flail around all I like but I can't control what the other players do. It would have been wasted energy.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    1)Did you enjoy this game?
    2) What did you think of the roles?
    3)Would you do this again?
    4)Was I at least a mildly good narrator? (I know I wasn't amazing...)
    1) Indeed. I love these smaller games, and I feel I'm near my best when I'm a wolf and have some knowledge to work with. I know nothing about Minecraft, but that didn't seem to matter and didn't impact on my enjoyment of the game.

2) I think us mobs either needed one less wolf, dropping the generic zombie, or to have two generic zombies and no enderman. In a game this small, having a wolf the village had to waste two days lynching was gold for us. Sure, it was chance that Szilard got lynched first out of us mobs, but it still went a long way to winning us the game. As it was, the villagers needed to be near perfect and not have anyone autolynch to win this one. They nearly did it though, so the balance wasn't too far off.

3) Definitely, and hopefully with a bigger player base.

4) Your narrations were on time, and night action results were prompt. The content of your narrations were adequate rather than amazing, and there were a few communication issues with your co-narrator, but those are both things that improve with practice. Overall I think you did a good job for your first game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Oh, and look what I found! Whitefeather!
    Gah! Bury it and let us never speak of it again!

I couldn't draw for squat back then (still can't), and some of my posts in that thread make me cringe. Still, I'm proud of the story I had in my head, and I consistently tell myself I'm going to make a novel out of it at some point. Heck, I've got a load of scripts to continue it, but no artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    This group was never going to lynch anyone but Szilard and furthermore, they were not inclined to really discuss anything.

I can flail around all I like but I can't control what the other players do. It would have been wasted energy.
    It probably didn't help that the only player seemingly happy to discuss stuff with you was a dirty zombie.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

3. - Top - End - #363
    Dwarf in the Playground

When you shared your list of reads, I disagreed with it and kind of disengaged from you.

Later, that developed into strong suspicions.

We disagreed on too many points, and you seemed to be too okay with it for it to be real.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler: My reads
    Show
    Askthepizzaguy - Jack Nicholson crazy; Urge to kill slightly fading.

Banjo1985 - my honorary mason buddy As Of Right Now. Nobody touches Banjo.

LoP - AWoL. Villaging based on at least 3 wolves all being completely fine with LoP's death day one. Cannot be the mob scrier guy. Cannot be the zombeh.

Penguinator - Prolly villaging

Count Dingdong - only sane man

DukeGod - Clearly not Zombie Villaging here. Could be a good scry target.

Basketofpuppies - Giving me something to work with. Also, a basket full of puppies.

Lord Fullbladder - Makes me giggle, then I have to pee.

Sabeki - Dunno. I stand by not voting Sabbey yesterday, let's see what happens today.

Szilard - I have so very little to form an opinion on.

Tanar Aerdoth - Seemed villagery yesterday, scried a dead guy. *shrug* - how I feel now.

Lex-Kat - Is roleplaying and is lovely. WHY... CAN'T.... I.... TRUST.... HER..... Snap out of it, pizzablock!

chunkymonkey9 - guy who left like one minute after asking the entire thread a question. I mean there's new and then there's deliberate ducking.

Yumori123 - Seems sketchy. I want to vote here. Looking for reasons not to.

Ex-villagers

Zweisteine - arrived; late. (It means two things.)

Murska - I spy someone dearly departed

Spoiler: Your Reads
    Show
    Right, my own suspicions list, from least to most. It's a nice change to play in a small enough game that this is viable for a change.

Banjo1985- I do not want to die, especially at the hands of a phallic cactus and it's friends. Of course I don't find me suspicious. Though, after the Night 1 Murska kill, many others probably should.

Askthepizzaguy - Too fun and active for me to want to lynch. I like the back and forth. I like the sense of humour. If in three days time he's still alive, then maybe, just maybe, that'll be suspicious.

Basketofpuppies - Is contributing, and has died early in almost every game I've been in with him. Gets a free pass for a few days from me. He doesn't seem wolfy, though he never does, to be fair.

Lex-Kat - Feels villager for me. Is not exhibiting the kind of wolf behaviour I'd usually associate with him. I almost always think Lex is a wolf, though.

chunkymonkey9 - New, and seems confused. I sit e alack of time over intentionally ducking, but that may change depending on how he acts in the coming phases.

Count Dingdong - Contributing is good. Seems to be trying to analyse, and Zweisteine was just a bad guess. Okay for now.

Lord Fullbladder - It takes a lot for me to want to lynch Fullbladder, he's too awesome. He also doesn't play WW very often, so I'm happy to leave him here to play until he pings my radar.

Tanar Aerdoth - Is contributing, and seems to be acting in keeping with other games I've seen him in.

DukeGod- Switched votes yesterday away from the bandwagons, several times. A mob not wanting to look like he had the deciding vote in a lynch? Possibly. I'm more inclined towards a mob not wanting to be that obvious, so I have more pressing suspicions.

Penguinator - Comfortably a better player than me, so I struggle to analyse him. His behaviour doesn't point in either direction at the moment, but I tend to be suspicious of him purely on general principle. It's healthy to be suspicious of players that are better than you, as they're best placed to make you look a fool.

Szilard - A vote, no analysis, and nothing further. Paint me suspicious.

LoP - Likely to be autolynched. If she pops in to vote right at the last minute today, she'll jump to the top of my potential mobs list.

Sabeki - Didn't vote at all yesterday, apparently due to computer problems. Sounds legit. Still, could be a cover.

Yumori123 - A bit of roleplay, followed by a late vote on LoP as an inactive. Felt off to me, but I can't really say why. Is only really off if Yumori turns out to be a mob, and was pushing the LoP wagon to save a fellow mob. The only way I can check that out is by wanting to lynch Yumori, as otherwise I'd have to go through everyone who garnered a couple of votes yesterday. Yumori is the quicker route. Still, I'm not sold on this, it's just my most pressing suspicion as it stands.

Stuff that felt wrong to me.

1) You still insisted LoP was likely to be Mob. There was no way I'd ever concur.

2) I was more comfortable calling Penguin a villager than you were, and even said I scried him villager, but you didn't take a firm stand except to say you are suspicious of him on general principle. Seemed out of place. Particularly when:

3) Lex-Kat. I couldn't shake my suspicious and you wouldn't entertain them. She was giving off low information and you were too comfortable with it.

4) Not suspicious enough of low-information Fullbladder.

If your list of reads felt more real I probably never would have suspected you.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 2014-04-25 at 03:33 AM.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

For my bane - I tend to have an aversion to baning myself. It may be effective, given that I am one of the most likely kill targets in a void (that is, without roleclaims or whatever in the thread) but it feels uninteresting to simply self-protect forever. Aside from myself and pizzaguy, who was an obvious target, I didn't really have anyone special I suspected would be targeted, so I went with pizzaguy on the basis that if I had been on the wolf team, I would have nightkilled him on N1. Definitely. But, of course, had I known either of Banjo or Lex being on the wolf team, I'd have chosen differently.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Is Vampire no PM? I didn't think it was. Could be wrong. I know we sent PMs in the previous one; I was one of the Lovers and we didn't get a QT
    Vampire is definitely PM. Tanar nearly stole the game for town when he posted a PM exchange between him and Murska, leading to my and C'nor's lynch.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Form (please fill out):
    1)Did you enjoy this game?
    2) What did you think of the roles?
    3)Would you do this again?
    4)Was I at least a mildly good narrator? (I know I wasn't amazing...)
    1)It was fun and interesting, but I think anything about it I didn't find fun came from me and my inexperience with WW. The other players were nice about my inexperience and newness, and overall it was an enjoyable experience.
    2)I haven't played or seen enough WW games to pass judgement on that, sorry.
    3)Yeah, probably. It's simple and small, which is a good for learning, so it would be a good opportunity to develop my WW skills.
    4)See point two, but I think you were reasonably good narrator.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Penguinator, I love you, and know that you are among the best players, in my opinion.
    Thanks. That means a lot.

Penguinator, I'm pretty sure everyone here thinks the world of you, and so do I.
    ...I got a little teary-eyed. Can I sig that?

Okay I just read the Mob quicktopic.
    I'm not seeing this link anywhere.

I now suspect that we won because I'm just too adorable to lynch. Right?
    ...Yes. Yes, that is exactly it. I can never accept that you're a wolf because you just don't seem like you should be one.

Which prompted angry Penguinator "rah, Lex-Kat isn't a wolf, rah" to the point where I was considering a post about how I had been doing this longer than most people (using banjo's assessment of Murska's death as an aide) and that you didn't seem like a wolf. Now that would have been embarrassing in hindsight.

Spoiler: Just for Lex-Kat
    Show
    ...Hell, you've probably figured out by now that I brought you back in Vampire. And as annoyed as I was to get splatted for refusing to join the vamps, seeing the Zombie Pixie left me without regret.

Quite straight and secure, but man, you should have seen me roleplay as a femme fatale in several games.
    I held the title of Reigning Champion of Miss 4-H: Singles Division for three years. But that's a story for another day and another thread.

...And now that I think about it, my most in-depth character in Forum Emblem was Luc, the Cross-dressing rogue...
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2014-04-25 at 11:42 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chunkymonkey9 View Post
    1)It was fun and interesting, but I think anything about it I didn't find fun came from me and my inexperience with WW. The other players were nice about my inexperience and newness, and overall it was an enjoyable experience.
    Come play with us monkey! Come play with us!

Come play with us forever.... and ever... and ever.

In all seriousness if you had fun this time being brand new to the game, just wait until you get some more games under your belt, and feel more confident about your reads on people.

Then you get to experience some thrills.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    ...I got a little teary-eyed. Can I sig that?
    But of course.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground

Here, Penguinator:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    blaah, blaah, blaah. Looking back through the quicktopic (it's really not much of a read), blah, blahblah, blahblah.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

10. - Top - End - #370
    Pixie in the Playground

Come play with us monkey! Come play with us!

Come play with us forever.... and ever... and ever.
    One day, I dream of saying that to others. Until then, it is my intention to rise among you, and one day I will be revered by you, and then..... Then, I'll probably have lost all ambition of destroying the system and would just become one of you.And once you have all swallowed that lie..... I'll end you.