New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: .

1. - Top - End - #1

Default .

Last edited by The_Dodger; 2014-04-12 at 05:03 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Underworld [d20 Modern]

I just want to say it sounds really interesting. I haven't had time to delve into it, but you obviously have a knack for writing with style, and your conceptualization is excellent. When I do get time, I'd be happy to evaluate the specifics. Otherwise, it looks great!
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Thread won! I don't think I have the authority to do that but whatever

3. - Top - End - #3

Default .

Last edited by The_Dodger; 2014-04-12 at 05:04 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Almost entirely plagiarized...

90% of this work is straight up stolen from UnderWorld: An Adventure Game of Subterranean Fantasy by Gareth-Michael Skarka from Adamant Entertainment.

You can find the real version (and let the authors get paid for their work) on DriveThruRPG.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Underworld [d20 Modern]

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dodger View Post
    This is a setting I've been working on using the d20 Modern system with a few homebrew system additions. It is still a work in progress, and I am very interested in getting feedback on it.

It takes place beneath the streets of New York City. Beneath the twisting tunnels of the subway lies a world unto itself. A realm where the ancient magic of the old world still exists, giving birth to creatures and beings of all kinds. Caverns and corridors are bathed in sunlight where no sun exists, places where the magical background radiation of the world allows fantastic and bizarre landscapes to form. This is a realm where powerful spells can be summoned from mystical gemstones found in the depths, and walking automatons built from junk and debris are given life.

In the world below, those lost, dejected, and wandering souls from the world above find homes and purpose. Brave warriors hunt dangerous monsters in the deep tunnels, fearless taggers scout out new caverns in the depths, and half-mad artificers craft inventions that science could never conceive.

This is Underworld.
    Unseen. Unknown. Unforgettable. Underground.
    For everyone interested, here is a review of the original game: Link