New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Captain America: the Winter Soldier *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    No. Hawkeye was Benjamin Pierce, he was stationed in a Mobile Army Hospital during the Korean War.
    *whistles Suicide is Painless*
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

@Where was Hawkeye?
    Did ANYONE notice the necklace that Black Widow was wearing? An arrow
    I'm certain there was a clue there.
    Also, notice in Thor 2 that Stelvig was still a wee bit kooky from having Loki mess with his head. Do you think maybe Clint might have genuinely been on leave recovering? Or maybe it has something to do with how the HYDRA/AIM guys at the end of the film had Loki's scepter?
    Jeremy Renner is cast for Avengers: Age of Ultron, so I guess we have to wait until then.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Maybe I'm weird, but I don't have a problem with Hawkeye not being there, not as much as everybody else seems to have, that is. The world is a big place and SHIELD operates across the globe on a variety of fronts and issues.
    There are plenty of other SHIELD bases where he may have been, handling all manner of sensitive top level investigations, when Order 66 was issued. He may have been busy fighting Hydra agents in one such location, just not one important enough to make the headlines. Or maybe he simply didn't manage to secure a flight ticket from wherever he was at in time to be of assistance.
    For all we know he may have been in the field, investigating whatever it is the next movie will be about, and was under orders not to break radio silence, so never was aware or involved with what happened.

I'm marginally more annoyed by the notion of Fury not trusting anybody including black widow, yet somehow trusting agent Sherbatsky and every other random mook who was protecting his bullet-riddled ass in the bolthole he was convalescing at... Because plot.
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Remember The Avengers.
    At one point on Stark Tower Pepper leans in and whispers something in Tony's ear.

I think we now know what she said.
    Oh my gosh. Can somebody please overdub this with audio?

Also, Tony Stark's reaction should cause people quite a bit of alarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by dehro View Post
    Maybe I'm weird, but I don't have a problem with Hawkeye not being there, not as much as everybody else seems to have, that is. The world is a big place and SHIELD operates across the globe on a variety of fronts and issues.
    There are plenty of other SHIELD bases where he may have been, handling all manner of sensitive top level investigations, when Order 66 was issued. He may have been busy fighting Hydra agents in one such location, just not one important enough to make the headlines. Or maybe he simply didn't manage to secure a flight ticket from wherever he was at in time to be of assistance.
    For all we know he may have been in the field, investigating whatever it is the next movie will be about, and was under orders not to break radio silence, so never was aware or involved with what happened.
    Oooh, that's a good point there. I'm reminded of how things fell out in Agents of SHIELD--it gave a good idea of what Winter Soldier looked like to agents who weren't in DC.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Oooh, that's a good point there. I'm reminded of how things fell out in Agents of SHIELD--it gave a good idea of what Winter Soldier looked like to agents who weren't in DC.
    Yeah. Like, imagine the soldiers who
    Spoiler: Agens of Shield Spoilers
    Show
    got iced when Garret gave the "Sitwell" order. Imagine how ****ed up things must of been in other places that had no idea. Suddenly your best friend is killing you, saying he's Hydra, or worse saying YOU'RE Hydra. It's a cluster****.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Spamalot in the Playground

I found a Tumblr post that shows what Steve's list contained from international versions of the film.

SHIELD's sheer size is why I believe that the organization will reform once the dust settles. If the bad guys can do it, so can the good guys (hopefully this time we properly vet our scientists, yes?)
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

7. - Top - End - #217

I'm marginally more annoyed by the notion of Fury not trusting anybody including black widow, yet somehow trusting agent Sherbatsky and every other random mook who was protecting his bullet-riddled ass in the bolthole he was convalescing at... Because plot.
    I think someone brought up the idea earlier of Hawkeye being in the field, having his backup try to kill him, and having to fight his way out of a bad situation then calling back to the prime office to find that things are FUBARed.

Be funny as hell if Widow has to go retrieve him in the beginning of Avengers 2 from some third-world place where he's hunkering down keeping a low profile and trying to figure out who to trust. Or maybe that'd make a good Black Widow movie... hrm....
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Honestly, after Avengers I was sure there would be a Hawkeye/Black Widow movie during the run up to Avengers 2. I'm a little disappointed there wasn't one really.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Honestly, after Avengers I was sure there would be a Hawkeye/Black Widow movie during the run up to Avengers 2. I'm a little disappointed there wasn't one really.
    I think it'd be a better movie after Winter Soldier, to be honest. Partially because I loved seeing Natasha's characterization develop some in this movie. (Really! In IM2 she was "action redhead in a catsuit", moving to "savvy action redhead with regrets in a catsuit" in Avengers...and then in WS she was "practical, bantery, troubled redhead who finds a friend and has some action scenes".)
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Rewatching IM2 for the first time in a while, just recognized the senator as the hail hydra guy.

Next up on "Mauve is surprised by continuity", she discovers that the young boy in The Phantom Menace grows up to be Darth Vader!
    Last edited by Mauve Shirt; 2014-04-14 at 07:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

I just rewatched the first one, and I'd be willing to bet that Stane was HYDRA, or at least connected to them in some way. If nothing else HYDRA taking out Howard was awfully convenient for him...

12. - Top - End - #222

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    That'd be impossible since the shield is made of all the known Vibranium on earth.
    Its my understanding that the vibranium in Captain America's shield was a gift from the nation of Wakanda, and though it was all the Americans had there is still plenty more in Africa.

I believe that is what they are looking for in Africa at the start of X-Men Origins, as adamant was an attempt to artificially replicate Vibranium. I could be very wrong on all of this though, as most of my comic knowledge is second hand.
    Looking for feedback on Heart of Darkness, a character driven RPG of Gothic fantasy.

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
    Its my understanding that the vibranium in Captain America's shield was a gift from the nation of Wakanda, and though it was all the Americans had there is still plenty more in Africa.

I believe that is what they are looking for in Africa at the start of X-Men Origins, as adamant was an attempt to artificially replicate Vibranium. I could be very wrong on all of this though, as most of my comic knowledge is second hand.
    The X Men Movies aren't part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. So...nope!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Funny how everyone is calling her Agent Sherbatsky instead of her actual character name.

Not that I can tell you what it is either without looking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Rewatching IM2 for the first time in a while, just recognized the senator as the hail hydra guy.
    Yeah; I had to have that pointed out to me, but I did get that sense of deja vu. "I know I've seen you before, but where?"

16. - Top - End - #226

Quote Originally Posted by Pex View Post
    Funny how everyone is calling her Agent Sherbatsky instead of her actual character name.

Not that I can tell you what it is either without looking it up.

It's actually a trend. The only one who's really called by his "super hero" name often, or at all, are The Hulk and...well, Thor. Also Hawkeye for whatever reason (I'm thinking most people don't know his real name, is the thing). For the others it's Tony, Steve, etc.

17. - Top - End - #227

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    The X Men Movies aren't part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. So...nope!
    And? They are still based on the same source material.

Doing a quick Wikipedia check everything about what I said seems correct to be correct as far as the comics are concerned.
    Looking for feedback on Heart of Darkness, a character driven RPG of Gothic fantasy.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Did anyone else catch Black Widow's vanity plate on the car? From when she picks up the Captain?

I watched the movie twice, and I just realized she had one on the second watching and I didn't catch it. I think it spells out "I love Russia" but I will need to see it a third time to be sure.

Which is great, because the first fist fight between the Winter Warrior and the Captain is now one of my favorite fights ever. The way CA slowly gets the upper hand and the other guy freaks out is awesome.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
    And? They are still based on the same source material.

Doing a quick Wikipedia check everything about what I said seems correct to be correct as far as the comics are concerned.
    The X Men films are owned by a separate movie studio. The things that happen in them have no baring on the Marvel Studios films any more than a Dreamworks film has on a Disney one.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

What is not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe;

X-Men, Wolverine, and apparently the word 'Mutants'. However, they're now limited to the characters that have appeared so far. So, don't expect anyone to die anytime soon because Fox doesn't have the rights to any more X-Men - supposedly.

Blade
    Spider-Man
    Daredevil/Elektra (although that licence expires soon)
    Punisher
    Ghost Rider
    Fantastic Four
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

21. - Top - End - #231
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    What is not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe;

X-Men, Wolverine, and apparently the word 'Mutants'. However, they're now limited to the characters that have appeared so far. So, don't expect anyone to die anytime soon because Fox doesn't have the rights to any more X-Men - supposedly.

Blade
    Spider-Man
    Daredevil/Elektra (although that licence expires soon)
    Punisher
    Ghost Rider
    Fantastic Four
    I think I read somewhere that the licences for Blade, Punisher and Ghost Rider have all now reverted back to Marvel. F4 and Spider-Man are very much off limits though.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RoboChap View Post
    I think I read somewhere that the licences for Blade, Punisher and Ghost Rider have all now reverted back to Marvel. F4 and Spider-Man are very much off limits though.
    Yep all of the Marvel Knights Characters and Marvel MAX characters are now back at Marvel studios.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Daredevil has already been confirmed for a Netflix series within the MCU (along with Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones, and a Defenders one to follow them like Avengers for the films).

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

is.. it bad for me to be wishing 2 large companies would get into severe financial trouble.. just to get all the licenses down under 1 roof?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

On the other hand, it'd be nice to have those heroes eased into the MCU after a time. The Marvel-verse is already pretty crowded; I think that the MCU benefited from not having the pressure to include other heroes alongside the Avengers we see now.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

On the other hand, it'd be nice to have those heroes eased into the MCU after a time. The Marvel-verse is already pretty crowded; I think that the MCU benefited from not having the pressure to include other heroes alongside the Avengers we see now.
    As mentioned in another thread, things get messed up when you combine Avengers with non-Avenger groups. Mainly X-Men. The themes of racism and bigotry tend to fall a little flat when mutation becomes just one of the many paths to super powers next to being an alien demi-god, a super-science id monster, a genius inventor, or simply a really good marksman. Why are mutants so special again?
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    is.. it bad for me to be wishing 2 large companies would get into severe financial trouble.. just to get all the licenses down under 1 roof?
    Maybe once Star Wars 7 comes out and makes another flobadijjilion dollars the Disney Corporate Juggernaught will just buy every other studio just to get Marvel their rights back :P

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    As mentioned in another thread, things get messed up when you combine Avengers with non-Avenger groups. Mainly X-Men. The themes of racism and bigotry tend to fall a little flat when mutation becomes just one of the many paths to super powers next to being an alien demi-god, a super-science id monster, a genius inventor, or simply a really good marksman. Why are mutants so special again?
    Yeah; I'd be just fine with X-Men staying out of the MCU. They work well on their own.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by RoboChap View Post
    Maybe once Star Wars 7 comes out and makes another flobadijjilion dollars the Disney Corporate Juggernaught will just buy every other studio just to get Marvel their rights back :P
    Disney's the biggest of the movie studios, sure. But just to put it in perspective, Apple Corporation could buy about 90% of Disney's outstanding common shares at their current price* with cash-on-hand.

*This is not factoring in the fact that an attempt to buy those common shares would cause the price to skyrocket, so Apple wouldn't get to 50% Disney ownership that way.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Considering how much I hate Fox and Sony, and how much I love Disney, I give this wish my wholehearted blessing.
    Disney would also need to buy Universal Studios, so they could retrieve their rights to their Marvel characters in theme parks east of the Mississippi river. (I don't hate Universal like I do Fox and Sony.)
    Last edited by Talya; 2014-04-15 at 09:47 AM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah; I'd be just fine with X-Men staying out of the MCU. They work well on their own.
    I hear you. One of the major turn-offs about Marvel and DC is their need to have everything happen in the same universe. Conceptually, the X-men and the whole mutant thing just works better in a world without any other type of supers.