Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [MLP:RIM]: The Broken Road III - New Horizons

A tree is known by its fruit;
    a mare by her deeds.
    A good deed is never lost;
    she who sows courtesy reaps friendship,
    and she who plants kindness gathers love.

************************************************** ******************************************

My Little Pony: Roleplaying Is Magic
    The Broken Road

IC Thread 1: The Broken Road
    IC Thread 2: Echoes of the Past

OOC Thread 1
    OOC Thread 2

************************************************** **************************************************

Somewhere in the world, a new day dawned.

No so for four ponies, and two griffons, oh so far from home.

For them, day began at dusk; As the last rays of Celestia's sun faded, and the oppressive heat of the desert receded into the cool stillness of night. Luna's moon was their sun, the cold wind their rooster as they roused from slumber amidst the ruins of a once great city. This had been their first night under a roof in three days, a comfort that they only now began fully appreciate as their senses returned to bodies that were no longer as sore, or as tired, from the harshness of the great expanse outside. It was not all perfect, however. Hunger and thirst returned alongside their consciousness, as their stomachs called out for fuel to keep them going.

One pony, however, was notably absent.

Soot.

The filly was still not back.

[Ponies recover all lost energy and fortitude damage. Courage remains unchanged.

Food and drink: If you do not drink today, take a -1 dehydration penalty on all physical actions. If you did not drink yesterday, this penalty doubles to a -2 and now applies to mental actions as well.

Food rations: 5 days remaining. Water: Down to one (or two?) rations left]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:RIM]: The Broken Road III - New Horizons

Awake.

Crown Cork never truly appreciated the sentiment. In the land of dreams, grand fortunes may be won or lost, loves may be rekindled, roads may be traveled, but at morning's light all melts away into nothingness without consequence. And while the liberating freedom of dreams gave the mind leave to imagine without any boundaries, a life lived without consequences was a life of little consequence. Only when a pony set aside the realm of the imaginary for the heavy mantle of reality could great deeds truly be wrought.

Crown Cork was awake - more than that, alive.

He slowly rose to his hooves, giving his weary body time to wake up. Temper that burning passion with patience, Crown. Don't burn too brightly already. He reminded himself gently, then spotted Mister Bomb's sleeping form. On the other side of the room. ...patience. Patience is good. Raging inferno bad. Breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth, steady and slow. Ignore the irritating pegasus. Focus on the goal. Mend fences with Miss Rinda, then work from a position of relative strength. Though I wonder; should I wait until after breakfast? We might eat in peace if this mess were behind us, but perhaps she'd be more agreeable with food on her stomach...

...and where
    is she anyway?!

Crown scanned the camp one more time, and saw no sign of their companion. Worse still, no sign of Soot either. A heavy pit grew in his stomach, mingling with the steady weariness of dehydration. He pushed onward around the camp, searching behind every nook and cranny with increasing urgency. Not behind the pillars, not underneath the stage, not secreted in the hallway, not on top of Rocky...
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

The transition between dreaming and waking was, disappointingly, not as abrupt as it should have been. Both worlds were cold, empty. As Dive Bomb lay there, looking at his hooves and blinking away the blurriness, he couldn't help feeling the same.

He couldn't even sleep now. Dive Bomb groaned, hauling himself to his feet, and wiped a hoof across his eyes. There were already enough things going wrong in his life. The least he could do was try to face it with at least some decorum.

No tears. He hadn't done enough today to feel sorry for himself.

He poked through his saddlebags, checking to make sure that he had what he needed before strapping them on and looking around.

They weren't all here. That wasn't good. His eyes widened as he began poking around the room, ignoring the colt clambering over their guard.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Outside in Canterlot, bells began tolling. Brush Stroke didn't react, but Satin's head perked up at the noise.

"Oh dear. Is it time already?" he remarked, as the ground began to rumble.
    "Time? What time?" she glanced at the clock on the wall. 3:21. Not particularly important. Or wait, was it 6:40? It seemed like the hands on the clock were switching around on their own. Her surroundings became dim and indistinct.

"Oh, I'm waking up," she said, sounding a bit disappointed. "Too bad. I was hoping that it would last a bit longer." Her surroundings began fading out, losing the sense of realness that they had been so full of just a moment before.

Just like that, the dream was over, and Grease found herself back in the nigh-deserted city that was starting to feel familiar. The first thing she noticed was just how thirsty she was. She smacked her lips, and immediately felt them crack.

"Nnng," she grumbled to herself. As interesting as her dream had been, it hadn't been all that restful. Reminders of the changeling invasion tended not to be. "Gonna need that water apparatus sooner rather than later."
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Flick these memories are getting harder to get through Soot thought as she smiled nervously at the imposing griffon. Think of an excuse, think of an excuse, think of an excuse she thought rapidly. "Oh, well... I'm a foreign corespondent for the Canterlot times. I'm here to report on Griffon politics and culture. Ponies back home have been so worried about how closed the country's been, they've started calling it the Iron Talon of all things. Of course there's no reason to be so xenophobic so I was sent to clear up any doubts and show how things really are. Just thought I'd take a look around is all, no harm is there?" she gave the most convincing smile she could to the guard.
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

The hall was eerily silent as Grease, Dive and Crown all got up from where they'd lain. They'd placed the tarp that Soot had salvaged over some of the larger windows, and now that the harsh sun was setting, there wasn't much in the way of light in the great hall anymore. Only a few orange rays provided the means to see by, and with both Soot and the Ambassador (with his magnifying glass) absent, they'd need to find a source of light soon, or be reliant only on the magic of Igneous Bluffs.

A poor prospect indeed.

Near the stage, the pile of rocks that was Rocky emitted his distinctive chime, as blue strands of magic began to spread along his surface. Iggy still slumbered where he'd made his bed, more or less in the great rock beast's shadow. The supplies they'd brought with them were still in the remains of the sled; thankfully they did not have to contend with any bandit rodents tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    Flick these memories are getting harder to get through Soot thought as she smiled nervously at the imposing griffon. Think of an excuse, think of an excuse, think of an excuse she thought rapidly. "Oh, well... I'm a foreign corespondent for the Canterlot times. I'm here to report on Griffon politics and culture. Ponies back home have been so worried about how closed the country's been, they've started calling it the Iron Talon of all things. Of course there's no reason to be so xenophobic so I was sent to clear up any doubts and show how things really are. Just thought I'd take a look around is all, no harm is there?" she gave the most convincing smile she could to the guard.
    "Correspondent?"

"Oh yeah, I've heard of those Sarge. Y'see the ponies have this thing called the Press"

"Sounds ghoulish, what's it about?"

"Oh, it's kind of like a bunch of heralds, except they can say anything they want to whoever they want, about whatever they want. They call it 'Free Speech'"

"Horrifying! And they just let them roam free? What kind of ninnies thought that rubbish up?" replied the first griffon again, shaking his head in disbelief. "It's a wonder we haven't just invaded them all already."

"Er, sarge? They like to take stuff like that and tell other ponies we said it. Not good for dip-lo-matic relations" said the second, spelling out the word in a way that suggested unfamiliarity.

"Whatever. We don't need that sort of folk around here." said the sergeant, turning back to Soot. "If you're so hot up on 'reporting' something, then you can go and watch some of the civil trials upstairs. This is a military tribunal, so buzz off."

7. - Top - End - #7

Dive Bomb brushed a bit of mane out of his eyes as he turned back to his mat. His wings dragged as he went about the various tasks of packing up.

No matter how he looked at it, no Soot was bad. It meant that even with eight or so hours to find and talk to the griffon, her results hadn't borne fruit. Or worse, something had gotten to her.

He squeezed his eyes shut. No, she was alright. She had to be. No matter how many images of a petrified Soot his imagination threw in his face, he had to trust Soot. She could survive, hide, talk, all those things he couldn't do.

He had to believe that.

Once his things were packed up and dragged to the sled, he walked to Rocky and cleared his throat. "Er... Et vos hic sedebitis hodie?"

Spoiler: S'not latin it's old equestrian
    Show
    Will you stay here today?
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Once she finished wrapping up her bedding, Grease dragged herself over to the supply sled. Her head was pounding, and she could barely think straight. This was far worse than any hangover she had ever experienced.

"Wish Brush Stroke had the chance to make that coffee," she muttered to herself. She spent a few moments idly digging through the contents of the sled before she realized what was wrong with that statement. She shook her head, as if that would dislodge the pervasive fog of her headache. "Gotta get working," she told herself, and she pulled out her notebook, with her rudimentary designs for the device. She didn't have all that much to work with. The things they had retrieved had all been focused on immediate desert survival, not the construction of a magical apparatus. Hopefully the talismans didn't require too much precision.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Once his things were packed up and dragged to the sled, he walked to Rocky and cleared his throat. "Er... Et vos hic sedebitis hodie?"

Spoiler: S'not latin it's old equestrian
    Show
    Will you stay here today?
    "Praeceptum: huc ego loquor ad principes" rumbled Rocky, in reply.

Spoiler: Whatchu talkin' bout, Rocky?
    Show
    "Directive: I will stay here until I speak to the council.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Crown yelped and danced about as lines of blue magic swirled underhoof. He stumbled his way atop Rocky's head before he found a safe patch to stand upon. Really now; would it have killed the designers of such a creature to include a few extra seconds between 'on' and 'watch for magical zaps?' "A hearty princely pies to you too," he huffed. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have friends in need."

"Soot! Miss Rinda!" His dry throat strained for volume, but he pressed his beleaguered voice for all it was worth. "Where are you?!"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

"Correspondent?"

"Oh yeah, I've heard of those Sarge. Y'see the ponies have this thing called the Press"

"Sounds ghoulish, what's it about?"

"Oh, it's kind of like a bunch of heralds, except they can say anything they want to whoever they want, about whatever they want. They call it 'Free Speech'"

"Horrifying! And they just let them roam free? What kind of ninnies thought that rubbish up?" replied the first griffon again, shaking his head in disbelief. "It's a wonder we haven't just invaded them all already."

"Er, sarge? They like to take stuff like that and tell other ponies we said it. Not good for dip-lo-matic relations" said the second, spelling out the word in a way that suggested unfamiliarity.

"Whatever. We don't need that sort of folk around here." said the sergeant, turning back to Soot. "If you're so hot up on 'reporting' something, then you can go and watch some of the civil trials upstairs. This is a military tribunal, so buzz off."
    Soot continued with her charade without missing a beat "Military? Really? That's great, our readers are dying to here about the griffon military. Proud organization isn't it? But there's always been this fearfulness associated with them back in Equestria. But to get a clear look at them would certainly help to dispel that silly fear now wouldn't it? It would come a long way to bring our nations closer together, I've even heard that the Wonderbolts were looking to do some joint exercises with them. Wouldn't that be sight to see. Would it be too much trouble just to take a little peek inside?" she said, the smile never leaving her face.

12. - Top - End - #12

"Praeceptum: huc ego loquor ad principes" rumbled Rocky, in reply.

Spoiler: Whatchu talkin' bout, Rocky?
    Show
    "Directive: I will stay here until I speak to the council.
    And the council wouldn't be here for another who knew how long. Dive Bomb pursed his lips.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Crown yelped and danced about as lines of blue magic swirled underhoof. He stumbled his way atop Rocky's head before he found a safe patch to stand upon. Really now; would it have killed the designers of such a creature to include a few extra seconds between 'on' and 'watch for magical zaps?' "A hearty princely pies to you too," he huffed. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have friends in need."

"Soot! Miss Rinda!" His dry throat strained for volume, but he pressed his beleaguered voice for all it was worth. "Where are you?!"
    And there it was. He'd been plagued by his own thoughts. He hadn't slept at all like he ought to have done. Slow dehydration fuzzed his mind, made it hard to think in terms that had more than one syllable. And now Crown was shouting.

His morning was complete.

"They aren't here," he said dully.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Soot continued with her charade without missing a beat "Military? Really? That's great, our readers are dying to here about the griffon military. Proud organization isn't it? But there's always been this fearfulness associated with them back in Equestria. But to get a clear look at them would certainly help to dispel that silly fear now wouldn't it? It would come a long way to bring our nations closer together, I've even heard that the Wonderbolts were looking to do some joint exercises with them. Wouldn't that be sight to see. Would it be too much trouble just to take a little peek inside?" she said, the smile never leaving her face.
    "Y'hear that sarge, them ponies are afraid of our military!"

The two griffon guards shared a genuine laugh before the larger of the two leaned down to talk to Soot again. In that moment, it was clear just how much more massive a fully grown griffon was when compared to a pony - and that grin looked distinctly predatory.

"Good." he replied. "We want you to fear us - we're not diplomats, nor namby pamby ambassadors. We're soldiers. Now, the regs are quite clear on this aren't they, private?"

"Yes they are Sarge"

"And what do they say?"

"Civilians found attempting to enter restricted areas are to be given clear instructions that the area is off limits. Subsequent to this, the guard must give one further verbal warning before use of force is authorised."

"Very good, private. You'll get your first stripe soon." said the griffon, whose eyes had never left Soot.

"So here you go, pony. I'm giving you your clear instructions, just so's there's no misunderstanding that we're following the regs here - This place is restricted. So again, buzz off."

[This is about as far as you're going to go on this line of conversation without a roll.]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

And there it was. He'd been plagued by his own thoughts. He hadn't slept at all like he ought to have done. Slow dehydration fuzzed his mind, made it hard to think in terms that had more than one syllable. And now Crown was shouting.

"They aren't here," he said dully.
    And there it was. His thoughts had nearly escaped a spiral of despair. His sleep had been restful, yet revelatory. His voice ached from dehydration, nevermind he was missing those with whom he most wanted to speak with. And now Mister Bomb was being pedantic.

"Thank you, Mister Bomb," he said levelly, before returning to his shouting. "Soot! Miss Rinda! If this is a joke, you may consider us duly fooled!"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

And there it was. His thoughts had nearly escaped a spiral of despair. His sleep had been restful, yet revelatory. His voice ached from dehydration, nevermind he was missing those with whom he most wanted to speak with. And now Mister Bomb was being pedantic.

"Thank you, Mister Bomb," he said levelly, before returning to his shouting. "Soot! Miss Rinda! If this is a joke, you may consider us duly fooled!"
    Grease flattened her ears against her head and winced. That was going to hurt. She opened her mouth, intending to tell him to pipe down.

But then the thought occurred to her. Soot was indeed not back yet, and they did indeed need her. So, she waved Dive Bomb over to her instead.

"Just let him keep yelling," she said groggily. "Who knows, that might be just what she needs to find us." She winced again as Crown let out another bellow. "Rrrgh. I need water. Soon. Speaking of which..."

Grease pulled out her notebook, and opened to the page with her basic plans for the water apparatus. "Here, help me get this together," she said. "I think we have enough bits and pieces in the sled to jury-rig something together."

16. - Top - End - #16

"I suppose," Dive Bomb murmured as, ears flat, he padded over to peer at the drawing.

There really wasn't a right answer; if Soot was in trouble, then they needed to get over there as quickly as they could. On the other hand, Soot was fairly competent. She could do spells to distract, make herself invisible, and who knew what else? For all he knew, trying to help Soot could be making things worse, or even leading all of his friends into a trap. To go and help her was at the same time the most important thing to do, and something to be avoided at all costs.

Dive Bomb took a deep, shuddering breath, and forced his wings to lie flat on his back again. "I don't know much about magic. What do you need me to do?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

The only thing Cork's yelling achieved was a pounding headache for all those in the the room.

"Bwagh! I'm awake, I'm awake!"

Oh yeah, and waking up their resident guardpony.

Apart from that, only the slight stirring of sand on the windowsills answered his call.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

"I suppose," Dive Bomb murmured as, ears flat, he padded over to peer at the drawing.

There really wasn't a right answer; if Soot was in trouble, then they needed to get over there as quickly as they could. On the other hand, Soot was fairly competent. She could do spells to distract, make herself invisible, and who knew what else? For all he knew, trying to help Soot could be making things worse, or even leading all of his friends into a trap. To go and help her was at the same time the most important thing to do, and something to be avoided at all costs.

Dive Bomb took a deep, shuddering breath, and forced his wings to lie flat on his back again. "I don't know much about magic. What do you need me to do?"
    "We need containers for the water, and something for the water to flow along. Anything that will get it from Point A to Point B will do. Rubber tubing, straws, anything that might work."

The two of them dug into the contents of the sled, bringing out anything that looked even a little bit useful. Once they had accrued a decent pile of materials, Grease brought a couple tools out of her bags and got to work, directing Dive Bomb as necessary.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Mind 5 + Mechanic 4 + Jury-Rig 3 + Improvised Tool 1 + Harmony 1 - Dehydration 2 = 12
    Rolled twice for Adaptable
    10+12=22
    17+12=29

After about 5 minutes of assembly, the apparatus had been put together. It was a bit ramshackle, consisting of several bottles and cans, surrounding a raised plate which would hold the talisman, with channels connecting the two. It would have to be kept completely still while in use, or else the whole thing would likely fall over, but by Grease's estimation it would work.

"There. Now we're done with the easy part."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Easy part was right, but that didn't make it any less painful to look at. The kludge of components that Grease had rigged together resembled the output of a master marrionette maker ... who had long ago gone blind and, more recently, imbibed a prohibitive amount of booze.

The construct teetred in the wind, but remained upright. Now there was just the matter of fixing the talisman into it ... and fixing breakfast.

In the meantime, Iggy had strolled over and was munching on a carrot rather noisily.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

"Soot! Miss Riiiiiiindaaaa-*ack* *cough* *cough!*" Crown's bellow died away to a pathetic cough from his ravaged throat. Accursed lack of water, leaving him high and dry at a moment like this! He scanned the room for any signs of the missing pair, and his eyes fell on the dozy guardspony.

His ears perked up; was there still hope yet? "Ah, hallo! Mister Igenous, wait!" He stumbled and slid his way down Rocky to intercept the guard before he could slip away.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2014-04-09 at 09:19 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Iggy turned as Crown approached, biting off another mouthful of carrot.

"Eh. What's up, colt?" he asked, as he munched away happily.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Iggy turned as Crown approached, biting off another mouthful of carrot.

"Eh. What's up, colt?" he asked, as he munched away happily.
    Crown skidded to a clumsy halt just in front of the guard. "That memory-crystal thing - the one with the magical blacksmithing camel - do you still have it?" he asked intently.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

"Uhh, yeah, I think I do." he replied, after swallowing the remainder of his breakfast. "I mean, I haven't thrown anything in those bags out in ages, so it's a fairly good bet it's still in there. Did you want me to get it?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

"Perfect!" Crown clopped his hooves. "If you would be so kind, we may find our missing friends yet!"

25. - Top - End - #25

Dive Bomb eased a wing off a knot of twine and admired the ramshackle creation. A device to create water. What a boon that could be to a community without pegasi, or some other way to control the weather. All lines fed into that single talisman. If only he could find a way to replicate that... "How do these talismans work, Grease?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

"Y'hear that sarge, them ponies are afraid of our military!"

The two griffon guards shared a genuine laugh before the larger of the two leaned down to talk to Soot again. In that moment, it was clear just how much more massive a fully grown griffon was when compared to a pony - and that grin looked distinctly predatory.

"Good." he replied. "We want you to fear us - we're not diplomats, nor namby pamby ambassadors. We're soldiers. Now, the regs are quite clear on this aren't they, private?"

"Yes they are Sarge"

"And what do they say?"

"Civilians found attempting to enter restricted areas are to be given clear instructions that the area is off limits. Subsequent to this, the guard must give one further verbal warning before use of force is authorised."

"Very good, private. You'll get your first stripe soon." said the griffon, whose eyes had never left Soot.

"So here you go, pony. I'm giving you your clear instructions, just so's there's no misunderstanding that we're following the regs here - This place is restricted. So again, buzz off."

[This is about as far as you're going to go on this line of conversation without a roll.]
    "Well I guess I can go report about your rampant xenophobia, and how you're going to invade us any day." Soot said thoughtfully "I'm sure that'll go over well with a nation whose ruler controls the flicking Sun." her smile switched from convincing to oh so slightly sinister.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heart 3
    (1d20+3)[8]

((Soot's really going to start working on this acting thing isn't she. Guess I know what she's spending her XP on come the end of this.))
    Last edited by Ravian; 2014-04-10 at 06:54 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

"Perfect!" Crown clopped his hooves. "If you would be so kind, we may find our missing friends yet!"
    "Okie dokie." replied Iggy, before he trotted away and stuck his head into his saddlebags. The guardpony was thus occupied for what seemed like a slightly longer period of time before he extracted his head once more with a peturbed expression on his face.

"Darndest thing, I can't find it anywhere!" he exclaimed.

Meanwhile, part of his normally white mane was glowing orange, thanks to a certain gemstone that had gotten tangled up there.

"Well I guess I can go report about your rampant xenophobia, and how you're going to invade us any day." Soot said thoughtfully "I'm sure that'll go over well with a nation whose ruler controls the flicking Sun." her smile switched from convincing to oh so slightly sinister.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heart 3
    [roll0]

((Soot's really going to start working on this acting thing isn't she. Guess I know what she's spending her XP on come the end of this.))
    Clearly unamused, the griffon loomed over her while the second tightened his grip on his spear.

"And now your last warning; buzz off, or we'll mail your sorry carcass to your namby pamby princess ... in pieces."

[DC was 20, -2 penalty for argument.]

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Dive Bomb eased a wing off a knot of twine and admired the ramshackle creation. A device to create water. What a boon that could be to a community without pegasi, or some other way to control the weather. All lines fed into that single talisman. If only he could find a way to replicate that... "How do these talismans work, Grease?"
    "Well, ah, I can't say for certain," Grease started, "But it seems to use a source of magic, either stored or active, to resonate with the surrounding ether. It does so at, hmm, frequencies..." She carried on like that for a solid minute. Thanks to the combination of highly technical jargon and Grease's headache-induced speech patterns, it was a tad difficult to follow.

"What it boils down to, though, is this," she said, once she had finished with the long version. "I'm going to have to sit down at this for a while to prepare the talisman for use. Then, we're going to need either a unicorn or a power gem to make the thing run." Her face lightened up a bit before she continued. "Once that's all done, though, we should have a good amount of water available for drinking. My guess is it'll be about a day's worth, though I won't know for sure until I see."

29. - Top - End - #29

"I... See," Dive Bomb said. He didn't. But at least he'd been able to understand that the talismans probably wouldn't be feasible in pure earth pony communities, or at least, not without some form of stored magic. Dive Bomb had heard of such places, though he couldn't really claim to understand it why you'd want to live somewhere without pegasi or unicorns.

"If it works, we could stay here for at least a day more," he murmured, more to himself than to anyone else. The low thrumm of the shield outside prompted him to add, "Not like we have much of a choice. Is there anything I can do to help you for this part?"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

"Okie dokie." replied Iggy, before he trotted away and stuck his head into his saddlebags. The guardpony was thus occupied for what seemed like a slightly longer period of time before he extracted his head once more with a peturbed expression on his face.

"Darndest thing, I can't find it anywhere!" he exclaimed.

Meanwhile, part of his normally white mane was glowing orange, thanks to a certain gemstone that had gotten tangled up there.
    The light from the gemstone reflected in Crown's eager eyes. "Brilliant! Just what the doctor ordered!" He reared up and nipped the gem out of Igneous' tangled mane. "Hank euu!" he exclaimed around the stone in his teeth, and pranced over to the relative quiet beside Rocky. Placing the gem on the floor, he moved his hooves close around it until they were nearly touching. His eyes probed its depths, his will bore down upon it, his eye twitched with concentration. "Come on El'Woden...talk to me...need your dream-powers..." he muttered to himself.

No rock - dumb or otherwise - would keep him from his friends. He would win this contest of wills.

Eventually.