New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Roulette of Recognition IC

OOC Thread

Stitch Manor --located upstate of the big city, it's a sprawling mansion that, at one point in time, was home to the wealthy Abigail and Brandon Stitch, founders of Stitch Inc, the premiere collection of fashion talent in the world. After their tragically early deaths in a plane crash, the mansion was home only to their son, Cecil Stitch, and his personal staff, including the formidable day-to-day executive of Stitch Inc, Claire Voiance.

And now, also, to you. A few days after a large fashion show you did some temp modeling work for (a common enough thing for Stitch Inc employees, who often work as models or designers as well as in whatever small capacity the company keeps them in during quiet seasons), where you met young master Cecil, you were suddenly shifted to work as a maid in his personal staff, and perhaps a model for his upcoming show.

Now, you're standing in the mansion's foyer, being looked over by Ms. Claire. Her blonde hair is up in a relaxed knot, perfectly in place. Her blouse has a pop of color, something almost floral while being a bit abstract, over which she wears a dark jacket and a matching pencil skirt. Her tailoring is perfect. She has a clip-board on her person at all times, and company rumors say she has at least 3 phones in her brand-name handbag at all times. Her blue-grey eyes, lined lightly but early from her serious demeanor, sweep up and down the assembled maids, checking their uniforms for anything out of the ordinary.

"So, you're the new staff. Please report your names, and get yourself in order before Mr. Cecil arrives."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Roulette of Recognition IC

A short, petite maid steps forward! She looks rather young, but her poise and the glint in her violet eyes make it quite clear that she's certainly no child. "Victoria Katarina Zimenvekov, the Third," she states factually, her voice tinged with hints of a distinct but unplaceable Eastern European accent. The maid gives a respectful bow, her blonde pig-tails bouncing slightly.

Hopefully the new boss can't pick up on the fact that the young scientist has no idea what she's doing. If it weren't for all the legal fees from her last experiment's rampage, there's no way she'd be here playing dress-up for some random fashion designer and his (scary) secretary! But a dollar is a dollar, and Victoria Katarina Zimenvekov III needs all the dollars she can get.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2014-04-01 at 12:29 PM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Another maid bows in place, smooth and practiced. Her long, silvery hair flows behind her, with not a strand out of place or peeking across her furrowed brow. "Catherine Feliday. I am ready to perform my duties," she recites without emotion. And indeed she was ready; uniform worn without a single crease, hands and neck devoid of any jewelry, and hat worn perfectly square upon her head. A life-sized doll of a maid, cast and clothed so immaculately it almost dared fate to find fault in her.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

"Alexis Blake, at your service madam," Announced one of the maids as she stepped forward and gave a small bow, she then took a moment to adjust her glasses. The maid in question appeared rather young and quite boyish and her skin so very pale she might just have been an albino. She wore her short dark purple hair brushed back, looking immaculate and proper with only a small x shaped hair clip to keep a tendril back from falling over her eyes. She of course donned the uniform given, making sure everything was perfect, not a wrinkle in place or crease where one did not belong.

The young maid kept a straight face as these proceedings went on. Her mind however was racing with the thoughts of how soon she would be able to see her crush, Cecil Brandon and be graced by his presence. She mentally swooned thinking about him, her inner chibi self bopping about having its own imagine spot. Oh that night when she first met him, swoon at first sight, oh how she had hoped to seeing him again and then these positions of maid work opened up, oh such chance!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

She nods at the introductions, but stops in front of Alexis.

"Your hair clip is not part of the uniform. Please remove it when you're at work here."

She snaps her fingers and points at the X-shaped hairclip.

"Mr. Cecil is...An unusual person, and not very good with people. It's for his sake that I ask you to blend in with the background as best you are able. Interchangable staff members become 'background,' you see."

This was mostly true when it came to her reasoning...But not entirely. It would be uncivil to say that she suspected most people of trying to use her innocent ward.
    Last edited by Deme; 2014-04-02 at 02:31 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Victoria raises a hand, looking a bit unsure. She waits until Miss Claire addresses her before asking: "If we are to blend into the background, should I undo my pigtails? Or do they not stand out enough to cause a problem?" she asks uncertainly, hoping to avoid causing any sort of trouble or issue. She really needs this job!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

"It would be preferable. Of course, it is not company policy to demand an image for our employees to maintain outside of work."

She said. She had to admit, she was still feeling out the exact rules concerning hair...But since someone had brought it up, then yes.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Alexis recoiled and shrank back, her ears going a faint red from her error. "R-right uhm...sorry.." She reached up and unclipped her clip as her hair flopped over her forehead. She tightly grimaced and softly sighed.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Catherine said nothing. Did nothing. Her face held its impassive, focused expression as the other girls met the scrutiny of Miss Claire. Her uniform was perfect, her hair was perfect, she was completely devoid of all prohibited frivolity, all that remained was to await further directives.

So wait she did.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

It's a good idea to be attentive to your employer when working in a new position. Any sensible new worker would know that.

Which is why Connie, who knew nothing about sensible work, didn't pay a single thought to what Claire had said, her blue eyes idly wandering around the room, admiring the highest level of opulence she had ever seen in a human home before.

Oh, she wasn't human herself. That much was abundantly clear. Ms. Claire had provided her with a uniform that did everything it could to hide any interesting features, and Connie had promptly removed all of them. Her little horns stuck out of her headdress, complimenting her messy brown Coronet of hair, forming together like an elegant tiara. Her dress she had adjusted not only to show her entire back, but to let her large purple succubus wings air out, which she flapped gently as if they were perfectly natural. And her long spade-tipped tail swished out from a hole she'd cut in the back of her own skirt, occasionally curling around her leg in a manner that would be inappropriate for almost any workplace.

A finger curled around the messy locks of hair that fell out of her ill-kept braids, as her eyes wandered around everywhere looking for something interesting. And to her, Ms. Claire wasn't the least bit interesting.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Oh, okay," Victoria says with a meek little nod, before reaching up to undo her pigtails. She shakes her head a bit once they're undone, resulting in blonde curly hair floofing out and hanging loosely down her shoulders and back. "Is this more acceptable?" she asks with a

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes, that will...suffi..."

She came to the end of the line. And she stopped. And she stared at Connie for a moment, as a number of thoughts and indignant feelings playing across her face. Finally, she lifted her pen and set it to her clipboard, an act with the severity and formality of a declaration of war.

Her voice was clipped and quick, as emotionless as a machine, though with better cadence.

"I don't believe I stuttered, miss...? If you cannot tuck in your wings, we have an option of a coat. Tails go under the skirt. Horns or ears, under the headdress.

Deviation is all fine and good in front of the camera... But here. And now...
    You will do as I say, or you will find a new place of employ."

She fixed Connie with a stare that had all the brightness of fire and the coldness of the vacuum of space.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

And Connie, in all of her wisdom and clarity, took nearly half a minute to even realize that she was being spoken at by this woman...

"...And you are...?"

Oh! Right, she was employed here, and this was her...boss? Sort of...she assumed that was her role at least, by the way she fumed at her about her...what was it exactly?

"Oh yes! Ms. Claire, I did mean to tell you, while of course I can comply to your requests, I'm afraid instructions to do so did not come with my uniform. I fear they may have gotten lost in the mail, or perhaps misplaced by a servant. I assure you, once my duties begin, I shall hide away any signs of my demonic heritage, so as not to upset the more...sensitive staff members."

Ah yes, the outfit, the wings, the tail, the horns, she'd heard those complaints before, and while normally she'd tell little busy-bodies like this that she was far far above such trivial concerns, the icy stare had her believing this was not an option this time.

"Of course, I would not want to upset you Ms. Claire."

At least not for right now.

"But, begging your pardon miss, where is the master whom we shall be serving? Does he not wish to greet his new maids? And while we are on our duties, what duties are we to perform, precisely? And shall we all be reporting to you, or is there a head maid as well? And while I'm on our arrangements, where will we be staying? Are our arrangements here, or off-site? Are we the entirety of the house staff? Are you as well a member of our group?"

And for right now, a barrage of questions would do to shift her focus away from her anger. At least it would always work on her father, hopefully it would work on someone with a much cooler temper than his.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cunning to Redirect Her Focus to other matters: (1d6x4)[16]
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

That almost worked...Almost. But there's one thing it neglected, that was written in crisp, sharp movements on the clip board's paperwork, and spelled out clearly

If she had been listening, she wouldn't have said a good portion of that.

Ms. Claire's foot was tapping in irritation.

"...You are so lucky he requested you lot particularly," she mumbled in annoyance, her words clipped and enunciated slightly more clearly than they would have been in the mouth of a normal person. Like her posture and hair, her voice, too, had the mark of careful training.

However, the girl's rambling questions did one thing to keep the wrath of heaven off of her: Took up time. Ms. Claire glanced at the arrogant maid. Then at a small, beautiful watch on her wrist. It was an analogue watch on a flowered and jeweled bracelet, almost more jewelry than anything else -- an oddly ornamental touch on a practical figure.

Her eyes darted to the top of the staircase. She turned to the other maids and flashed a bright, if business-like, smile.

"I'm afraid I no longer have time to do your orientation... Because I have to deal with fixing incompetents."

She reached out a hand behind her and grabbed Connie roughly by a wing...And dragged her out of the room so quickly it left a dust cloud in the air.

---

A few seconds after she left, a slight young man appeared on the landing at the top of the stairs. He was handsome, in a sort of baby-faced way -- hardly a staunchly masculine fellow, but with a pleasantly open, unassuming face. He had a red pencil tucked behind one ear, marked clearly against his light green hair. His hair was let to be a little long, though not mopish -- it was not a bad cut for him, but at the moment, it was just a touch disheveled.

When he saw that there were people on the landing, his hands flew to his hair and tried to smooth it out, and dusted off his neutral grey blazer -- it was unbuttoned, and without a tie the look wasn't particularly formal. He wore it over a shirt patterned with blue flowers. He ran his eyes over the crowd -- they were hazel, and with the blue floral print seemed to be more of a golden-brown. At the end of the row, his expression, smiling naturally but also loosely, like there wasn't any particular deliberation to his lips being in the position, was the same at the start. Something about his face betrayed his unease a bit too openly.

He took the stairs down slowly at first, and then a bit more quickly towards the bottom, where he asked,
    "Ah, y-you're the new staff, right?"
    Having said that, he looked... particularly nervous.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Connie stumbled forward as Claire dragged her away. This was...odd. She wasn't used to being dragged off like a servant, so carelessly and so...painfully. By the time they were out of sight, her wing ached like no tomorrow, and she tugged it free to rub it gingerly, wincing at the pain.

"...Ms. Claire, I know you wanted to have a...private moment with me, but could you not have grabbed me by the hand, rather than my very sensitive wings?" She inquires, and likely to Claire's joy she dismisses said wings so she no longer has to nurse them. "I was not aware that there would be such...strict rules for the housekeeping staff."
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Alexis watched the proceedings between Miss Claire and the devilish..or was it demonic maid..? Eeh..Alex recoiled a bit as the maid was whisked away. Whelp, better that maid than her.

Twas then the young master appeared as she found herself stiffening while she tried to retain control over her taut expression that so badly wanted to smile goofily. Well...there he was, boyishly handsome as ever, oh swoon. Her heart fluttered a little as he walked down the stairs.

"Oh uh hauh y-yes,"
    She sputtered after he asked his question, she chastised herself for such smoothness on her behalf. "Ahem, I mean," She straightened herself out and placed her hand over her chest, trying not to be a goober and introduced herself. "Yes, I am Alexis Blake, and I feel it such an honor to be able to work within the Stitch household, thank you for having me."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

The dust settled around the maids, leaving them standing alone in the entryway. Catherine bowed - measured and careful - to the empty space before them. "As you wish, Miss Claire." she said softly.

And then the Master of the house appeared. Catherine turned in place, swiveling slowly around to lock her golden, shining eyes onto Cecil's face. For every step he took, she moved with him, always facing towards the young Master and never blinking. Or smiling. Or even breathing too visibly. Only after Alexis introduced herself did she lower herself into a poised, graceful curtsy. "Catherine Feliday. Miss Claire has deemed our orientation complete and rendered us fit for our duties. What are your directives, sir?"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Victoria watches the small fiasco play out with a curiously raised eyebrow. Once Miss Claire and the odd maid are out of the picture, and the new boss shows up, she snaps to attention and does her best to look prim and proper. She can't afford to screw this up!

"Good day to you, sir," she says with a polite bow, hands clasped in front of her. "We are indeed the new housekeeping staff," she explains, doing her best to suppress her quasi-Russian accent. She succeeds, for the most part. "My name is Victoria - how may I be of assistance, sir?" Cheerful smile! Good first impressions! Hopefully! Yay!

Spoiler
    Show

Skill to make a good first impression: (1d6x3)[3]

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Up until someone said that, yes, they were the new staff, he'd been dreading the exact opposite outcome -- that they were the staff being moved to a new position, saying goodbyes, and had been working here for some time, and he'd hurt everyone's feelings only he'd done so hard enough that they'd all laugh at him at the same time.
    Once that hurdle was past, he could breathe a sigh of relief. He repeated their names inside his head and tried not to show his amusement at the last girl's failed attempts to sound properly official; it'd be horrible to laugh at someone on their first day.

"Well, it's nice meeting you all. Um. Tasks...Tasks..." He tilted his head and thought about what might need doing. After a while, he shook his head. "Wait, when she said your orientation is done...Have you been shown around? I mean, I can't ask anything of you until you know where things are, right?" he explained with a little smile, sticking his hands in his pockets.

---

"Listening is not a strict rule. Now, you and I have a lot of work to do." She looked to the back of the dress, where at least the wings had disappeared. "Can you undo the alterations you made back here as easily as you could hide your wings, or do we need to go hunt down an entire new dress for you?"

She seemed less angry than before, having something to focus on that was practical.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

"...It would be most inconvenient for me to undo these alterations..." She says with a slight huff. She had gone through such pains to make sure she would be able to spread her wings, and now she wanted them all gone? If she were her servant, she'd fire her on the spot!

"But...with the proper tools and materials, I could....'undo the alterations' as you suggested. I know my way around a needle...though it would be most uncomfortable..."
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

"We only possess knowledge of the front lobby, but Miss Claire has deemed us fit for service." Catherine intones, having resumed staring at Cecil. "By the regulations set for your maids, you are able to assign us tasks at any time. You are not required to give additional information, although it would expedite our work."

Her hands shuffle about within her sleeves, and she produces a small, leather-bound book simply titled, "Stitch Inc. Employee Handbook, 11th Edition." The pages blur as she flips to a specific passage, and holds it up for inspection. There, right beside her finger, is almost word-for-word the explanation she just gave.

Somebody had done their homework.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Ms. Claire shook her head.

"No, at that rate, it's easier to find a new uniform for you from storage. I only meant if you had altered it magically, or could alter it magically, with easy to make that unnecessary."

When Ms. Claire sighed, she sighed from deep in the muscles of her back and shoulders, like Atlas shifting the globe on his back might.

"Well, it'll give me the opportunity to conduct a brief tour, since you will likely need to be told twice. We're going to the servants' rooms and lounge on the second floor. You'll be staying there when you work overnight; and he likely will, since he's working at odd hours this week."

She began to move down the hallways, westways through the house.

---

Cecil blinked. Who actually used the handbook, anyway? Even he had one, somewhere, but besides maybe looking over it once or twice, he'd never given it much thought. Certainly, no one had ever recited it around him before. ...Still, that was useful to remember -- Catherine was the maid who had a handbook. Assuming the other two didn't also have handbooks.

A hand running through his hair mussed it further, and he just shook his head and smiled wryly.
    "Yes, it may say that...But that's dumb, so why don't I show you girls around? Please let me. Besides, it'll help me remember you better to spend some time with you."

While he'd requested an additional girl to be moved to this job, he supposed she hadn't accepted. Well, one short or not, it'd have to do.
    Last edited by Deme; 2014-04-12 at 03:27 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Victoria gulps nervously as the maid next to her recites from the handbook, and then produces said handbook. Was that... was that what she was supposed to do? Or did this other maid simply outclass her in ever possible maid? Did that make Victoria lowest on the totem pole? Well, second lowest, assuming the girl with wings hadn't already been fired.

Trying not to go pale or look unnerved, the mad scientist forces a meek, pleasant smile onto her young-looking features. "A tour sounds nice, sir," she says, trying to sound pleasant and polite, and not paranoid for the security of her job. "Whenever you're ready to begin..."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

The young succubus takes note of the tension in Claire's shoulders, and makes a mental note to herself - perhaps a massage would help smooth things over with this woman...later though, right now she's about as tense as her father after coming home from a long night of bloodthirsty conquest of neighboring demon lords.

Instead, she tries to follow the lead she's been given and to show a bit of interest in her job, for a change.

"Are there other maids that we will be working with during our tenure here?"
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright, well...This is the foyer. Besides the stairs to the second floor, the doors here lead to the main hallway, "
    He pointed to the north door through which Ms. Claire and Connie had left, and then gestured to a pair of double-doors to the west,

"That's the reception room there -- we'll be using it a good bit in the next little while, since we'll be having some meetings." And to the east, "That's the drawing room. Um, not the actual room for drawing, that's on the third floor."

This was a weak attempt at a joke, plastering over his nerves with a small chuckle.

---

She led Connie past a number of doors and to a staircase in the back of the house, near a door that looked to lead outside.

"No, actually. We're usually more heavily-staffed, but this was Mr. Cecil's request for this week. I suppose he doesn't want people underfoot he can't use for fittings."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh yes I know that feeling...ah, what I mean is, what will Cecil have us doing during our stay here?" She corrects herself. "Sweeping floors? Dusting books? Feeding him peeled grapes? That sort of thing?"

Those were all things she could remember servants doing off the top of her head. Admittedly, she preferred strawberries dipped in chocolate.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Alexis followed with the tour, her focus mostly on Cecil as she watched him give them the tour. From her point of view, bishie sparkles glittered about him and occasional moments of time freezing, the camera focused on a close up of his face as roses blossomed in the background.

She chuckled at his attempt of a joke mostly out of politeness.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Victoria can't help but giggle softly and smirk a bit at the corny joke. She then looks around curiously, and raises a hand to ask a question. "Um... If you don't mind my asking, do you have any sort of... workshop?" She can't very well ask if he has a mad science lab. That would be unseemly. But a normal workshop shouldn't be too out of ordinary! Right?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Cecil blinked. Who actually used the handbook, anyway? Even he had one, somewhere, but besides maybe looking over it once or twice, he'd never given it much thought. Certainly, no one had ever recited it around him before. ...Still, that was useful to remember -- Catherine was the maid who had a handbook. Assuming the other two didn't also have handbooks.

A hand running through his hair mussed it further, and he just shook his head and smiled wryly.
    "Yes, it may say that...But that's dumb, so why don't I show you girls around? Please let me. Besides, it'll help me remember you better to spend some time with you."

While he'd requested an additional girl to be moved to this job, he supposed she hadn't accepted. Well, one short or not, it'd have to do.
    The handbook disappeared into one of the many pockets and folds of Catherine's uniform. "As you wish, sir. Should you wish to alter the Stitch Inc. employee handbook to better suit your staffing needs, I can point you to the relevant sections."

She fell into step behind the other maids, already practicing blending into the background. Poised, graceful, she walked with near-silent footsteps in the back of the procession.

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "Alright, well...This is the foyer. Besides the stairs to the second floor, the doors here lead to the main hallway, "
    He pointed to the north door through which Ms. Claire and Connie had left, and then gestured to a pair of double-doors to the west,

"That's the reception room there -- we'll be using it a good bit in the next little while, since we'll be having some meetings." And to the east, "That's the drawing room. Um, not the actual room for drawing, that's on the third floor."

This was a weak attempt at a joke, plastering over his nerves with a small chuckle.
    Catherine did not laugh.

It was the background's job to clean, wait upon the Master, and assist with any emergency household needs; no laughing involved.

"Have you any special directives for the upkeep of these rooms?" She asked quietly, expression flat and neutral.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trobby View Post
    "Oh yes I know that feeling...ah, what I mean is, what will Cecil have us doing during our stay here?" She corrects herself. "Sweeping floors? Dusting books? Feeding him peeled grapes? That sort of thing?"

Those were all things she could remember servants doing off the top of her head. Admittedly, she preferred strawberries dipped in chocolate.
    "No grapes, but you will be expected to help him prepare for his runway show at the end of the week, helping him with fittings or doing some assisting in sewing or the like. Cooking, cleaning, and ensuring to the well-being of Missile will all be parts of the job. There may be special occasions, such as parties or runway shows on some evenings."

They ascended the staircase, and were in a quiet-looking back hallway on the second floor. From there, she opened a large pair of doors to reveal a comfortable-looking room. It had a series of lockers and cubbyholes on one wall, and a large cabinet or wardrobe of some sort, a table, a few couches and chairs, and a TV and mini-fridge.

"This is the staff lounge. In your off-time, you can relax here. Food you bring for yourself can be kept in the fridge -- though as long as deficiencies aren't excessive, you are allowed to supply yourself meals from the kitchen, items for work in the lockers. Spare uniforms in the cabinet. "

---

He glanced gratefully at Alexis, who at least pretended the joke was funny, and smiled just in one corner of his mouth, too embarrassed for more. He was willing to let himself go into pausing and considering the facts of the matter re: particular notes for these rooms.

"Well, you want to be careful with some of the art in the reception room -- we'll let you know if there's a reception, but it won't need much cleaning the rest of the time. The drawing room sees more use; if there are papers out, just move them to a pile on a table or something, don't throw them away. You never know what's important. That goes for pretty much every room."

He opened the doors in the back of the foyer and stepped into that hallway, which itself branched off into a number of rooms.

"A workshop? Why, of course. Like I was saying, there actually is a room for drawing -- You could have all the supplies to design or make clothing, any step of the way, somewhere on that floor. I'm working there a lot lately, putting together my collection. Honestly, I could appreciate a bit of help."

This was not what she had meant, but he talked about it vigorously and cheerfully, a big innocent smile on his face. His step bounced and his voice was more energetic since he'd introduced himself. Idly, he took the pencil from his hair and twirled it between his fingers.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)