New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [RailITP] Academy City FFRP OoC

Mhmm. Magic happens to be more powerful social anxiety, though.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Still.
    Also, new PC: Miria "Scarlett" Amaratsu.
    Level 2 esper.
    She can control paint of any form and shift it's state (solid or liquid), but currently can only control red paint, and in small amounts. She mainly coats people with paint and hardens it.
    She also has basic soldier training due to darker upbringing, and is never without her trusty 9mm and a few extra clips.
    Did I mention she's only 13?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #153

Huh. How does she handle the recoil?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

...Crap, I just realized that the IC thread starts in the middle of a term. Going to need to find some other way to introduce Eli...Man, this is almost more trouble than it's worth.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    ...Crap, I just realized that the IC thread starts in the middle of a term. Going to need to find some other way to introduce Eli...Man, this is almost more trouble than it's worth.
    It's fine; Just make him a late transfer or something. Little details like that can be safely ignored if they're getting in the way of a good story.

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    Huh. How does she handle the recoil?
    Not well.
    Anyone playing students at Onizuka want to have their student be friends with Scarlett?
    Also, Shantelle has a reputation among her peers as "odd" due to her customs and lack of knowledge on Japanese customs.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Still.
    Also, new PC: Miria "Scarlett" Amaratsu.
    Level 2 esper.
    She can control paint of any form and shift it's state (solid or liquid), but currently can only control red paint, and in small amounts. She mainly coats people with paint and hardens it.
    She also has basic soldier training due to darker upbringing, and is never without her trusty 9mm and a few extra clips.
    Did I mention she's only 13?
    How did she get a firearm in Academy City? Also, how does she carry it around all the time without getting caught? Even members of the dark side like Moroe have to be cautious in that regard.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

OK, it's really short by my usual standards, but Eli is now in play. I just hope I left enough room for someone to work with me on this...

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    How did she get a firearm in Academy City? Also, how does she carry it around all the time without getting caught? Even members of the dark side like Moroe have to be cautious in that regard.
    Her mom gave it to her.
    She doesn't, then. She keeps it safely hidden at home.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

10. - Top - End - #160

There is something amusing about a city where hormone-ridden teenagers are allowed to wield bone-shattering psychic powers, but not guns.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Her mom gave it to her.
    She doesn't, then. She keeps it safely hidden at home.
    How did her mom get it? Academy City are very strict about that sort of thing.

12. - Top - End - #162

How did her mom get it? Academy City are very strict about that sort of thing.
    Working on that.
    Any ideas?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Working on that.
    Any ideas?
    Er, maybe she's a member of Anti-Skill? Or has good black market connections? Either way, she's taking a serious risk by giving her daughter a gun. Skill-Out delinquents take the risk of carrying guns because, in their eyes, they've got nothing to lose. Stable, law-abiding families, on the other hand, stand to lose quite a bit.

14. - Top - End - #164

Er, maybe she's a member of Anti-Skill? Or has good black market connections? Either way, she's taking a serious risk by giving her daughter a gun. Skill-Out delinquents take the risk of carrying guns because, in their eyes, they've got nothing to lose. Stable, law-abiding families, on the other hand, stand to lose quite a bit.
    Anti skill sounds good.
    They don't exactly live in the safest neighborhood.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Pixie in the Playground

I'a John Steinbeck! I'a Sir Conan Doyle!

*Summons idea fairy.*

Actually...

This is the perfect time to declare my intent to participate in this rp. I haven't watched any anime series or read any manga (unless you consider the practically ancient Pokemon comics about Red manga), but from what I've read, this game doesn't seem as anime/manga heavy as some of the other games I've read of. The setting seems intriguing as do the chars I've read of. It certainly seems like a better setting than the Nexus in which to create a type of char that I've always wanted to rp.

Essentially, I'm considering rping a freerunner/student/ESPer who possesses the not so world-shatteringly awesome power of being able to disable electricity powered objects in her general vicinity, more often than not by accident. She could transport illicit items within the city without being monitored by cameras and such as a smuggler-esque character, which might allow chars to have access to hardware that they might not be able to have access to otherwise.

Thoughts?

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

*Summons idea fairy.*

Actually...

This is the perfect time to declare my intent to participate in this rp. I haven't watched any anime series or read any manga (unless you consider the practically ancient Pokemon comics about Red manga), but from what I've read, this game doesn't seem as anime/manga heavy as some of the other games I've read of. The setting seems intriguing as do the chars I've read of. It certainly seems like a better setting than the Nexus in which to create a type of char that I've always wanted to rp.

Essentially, I'm considering rping a freerunner/student/ESPer who possesses the not so world-shatteringly awesome power of being able to disable electricity powered objects in her general vicinity, more often than not by accident. She could transport illicit items within the city without being monitored by cameras and such as a smuggler-esque character, which might allow chars to have access to hardware that they might not be able to have access to otherwise.

Thoughts?
    Alexandrian! *tackle-hugs*

That sounds like a very interesting idea. I like it.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Erm...Was Moroe speaking in English or in Japanese just now?

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Japanese. English speech usually gets [put in special brackets].

19. - Top - End - #169

Just so you know, Scarlett only speaks Japanese.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

*Summons idea fairy.*

Actually...

Thoughts?
    Greetings and welcome. The power itself seems perfectly fine; Although I'm not sure how effective it would be for smuggling. After all, the authorities are bound to notice if their security devices start going dark. In canon, the cameras usually get hacked instead, so that they still seem to be working.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-04-04 at 05:11 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hey guys, sorry about disappearing for a bit. Had to get some stuff in order. Anyways, I would be cool with Tobio being friends with Scarlett. She would have to get used to the near constant blush he would have around her though.

Also, Anry. Do you want Kin and Tsubasa to know each other already or get reaquainted in the RP?

22. - Top - End - #172

sigh Re: [RailITP] Academy City FFRP OoC

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Hey guys, sorry about disappearing for a bit. Had to get some stuff in order. Anyways, I would be cool with Tobio being friends with Scarlett. She would have to get used to the near constant blush he would have around her though.

Also, Anry. Do you want Kin and Tsubasa to know each other already or get reaquainted in the RP?
    Yay!
    Scarlett likes exploring the city and making art.
    Maybe the two like exploring together (or Tobio just accompanies her out of attraction (if he is attracted to her))?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

It's probably be easier to have them already know each other. No sense in retreading ground from the last RP.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yay!
    Scarlett likes exploring the city and making art.
    Maybe the two like exploring together (or Tobio just accompanies her out of attraction (if he is attracted to her))?
    That can work, exploring would give Tobio good practice for his skating skills. As for the attraction part, attaction is...a tricky thing for Tobio.
    He would feel attracted to her in the passive sense with her looks. However when Tobio grows more deeply attracted, or just gets to know a person better he begins to feel more comfortable around them. So for now, it would probably be just a passive attraction. She is a very pretty girl and he knows it, but he isn't putting any sort of moves on her.

It's probably be easier to have them already know each other. No sense in retreading ground from the last RP.
    Okay then Anyr. So would Tsubasa heading over to Tokiwadai to pick up Kin and head to their usual sweet eating hangout work for an opening post for them?

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay then Anyr. So would Tsubasa heading over to Tokiwadai to pick up Kin and head to their usual sweet eating hangout work for an opening post for them?
    Certainly.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Pixie in the Playground

Hmm...

I never considered that.

I guess that my question is how would the powers that be deal with said situation? Aside from posting guards atop every roof in the city, there doesn't appear to be a very simple process through which this power could be countered. If she ran the same route every night at the same time, would they yell at her for breaking their cameras and spy on her every night or would they only yell at her and spy on her for the first few nights before adjusting to her extremely convenient inability to control her powers and love of running about on rooftops?
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2014-04-04 at 05:48 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm...

I never considered that.

I guess that my question is how would the powers that be deal with said situation? Aside from posting guards atop every roof in the city, there doesn't appear to be a very simple process through which this power could be countered. If she ran the same route every night at the same time, would they yell at her for breaking their cameras and spy on her every night or would they only yell at her and spy on her for the first few nights before adjusting to her extremely convenient inability to control her powers and love of running about on rooftops?
    They likely wouldn't need to chase her down. They'd just identify her with one of the spy satellites which constantly watch the city; Then pay her a visit at home.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, Alexandrian: How about making your character invisible to electronic devices? You could still keep the disabling function as well, by making the power a more general one.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-04-04 at 06:54 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Pixie in the Playground

Yesh! The criminal element just doesn't get any breaks in this setting, does it? It might be better (and more lucrative) to work as a courier in the city, carrying information from Point A to Point B that is too sensitive for the sender to email or mail to the recipient. It's not smuggling, but it doesn't allow criminals/the authorities to spy on the information that may be traded throughout the city.

The inclusion of electronic invisibility within the psi power could work as well. Maybe something along the lines of a she hates technology and technology hates her type of deal. She can't use tech because it just blows up in her face, and tech malfunctions if it merely captures her on film.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2014-04-04 at 07:07 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Most criminals in AC at least deal with the human element instead of information. Human trafficking for example, and trying to get pieces of the Parameter List so you can grab powerful Espers before they level up. Generally speaking they don't last very long. They either get killed or start working for the city.

Information-wise, it's near impossible to hide anything from AC anyways. Underline, Spark Signal, and Crowley being near-omniscient and omniprescene make it so. If they don't know something, they're pretending not to know it.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Survy View Post
    Most criminals in AC at least deal with the human element instead of information. Human trafficking for example, and trying to get pieces of the Parameter List so you can grab powerful Espers before they level up. Generally speaking they don't last very long. They either get killed or start working for the city.

Information-wise, it's near impossible to hide anything from AC anyways. Underline, Spark Signal, and Crowley being near-omniscient and omniprescene make it so. If they don't know something, they're pretending not to know it.
    Yes, most successful criminals in Academy City are either:

A) Too minor to be worth rounding up; Or

B) A pawn of some higher-up (whether they know it or not).