New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [RailITP] Academy City FFRP OoC

Hrrm. Open question. Is Mop uninteresting?

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

sigh Re: [RailITP] Academy City FFRP OoC

Nope!

C'nor, mind clearing your inbox?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Hi guys! I re-typed my character from like three years ago.

I wouldn't have really thought of it, but when I noticed that Hazuki was here, and that there was a reboot, I knew I needed in.

So, questions:

1. What's the Middle School/High School grade/age cutoff?
    2. What're the differences between the schools referenced so far?

I've read the first posts of previous threads, but I've never read the show or watched the books.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2014-04-05 at 12:51 AM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    Hrrm. Open question. Is Mop uninteresting?
    It's been what...a day? Two days since you made her and posted. Give it some time.

Also, at a loss for where to put Kyosuke. Any suggestions would be welcome.

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    I wouldn't have really thought of it, but when I noticed that Hazuki was here, and that there was a reboot, I knew I needed in.
    D'aww. I love you too, Guns. <3

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Shellie looks fine to me. Her 'personality' section does seem a bit brief, though.

1. What's the Middle School/High School grade/age cutoff?
    15, AFAIK.

2. What're the differences between the schools referenced so far?
    Briefly: Azabu and Tokiwadai are a pair of gender-exclusive private schools located within the beautiful 'School Garden' area. They're both prestigious, but extremely strict. Onizuka is a standard co-ed school in District 13, with few distinguishing features beyond an abundance of Espers, and a good record in athletics.

If you need more specific details, just ask.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-04-05 at 06:22 AM.

7. - Top - End - #187

Hey hazuki, apologies if my posts make it seem that I dislike Mop or you. I have a habit of staying online very late, so tiredness. By very late, I mean up to 1 AM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Also, at a loss for where to put Kyosuke. Any suggestions would be welcome.
    If you like, I could provide an opponent for him. The other members of Moroe's team (GATE) exist pretty much solely to show up and fight people. They appear, fulfil their 'dial-a-boss' duties, and then go back to their off-screen box. In the last game, their leader was a Level 5 with this ability:

Spoiler
    Show
    Level: 5
    Esper Ability: All Roads
    Katashi can attract and repel almost anything, using himself as a centre. At its peak this affects everything around him, but the focus can be narrowed to affect a specific object or arc. This allows him to (among other things) bring a pencil to his hand, deflect an incoming attack or jump great distances by 'repelling' the Earth itself. When used at full power, this ability can cause incredible devastation to wide areas. While at first glance it would appear to make Katashi invincible, it has at least two weaknesses: He can't attract and repel at the same time; And after particularly strong or all-encompassing applications, he must wait a short time before using All Roads again.

Assuming the ability passes muster, he and Kyosuke could have a quick skirmish, to kill time before the main event. What do you think?

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    If you like, I could provide an opponent for him. The other members of Moroe's team (GATE) exist pretty much solely to show up and fight people. They appear, fulfil their 'dial-a-boss' duties, and then go back to their off-screen box. In the last game, their leader was a Level 5 with this ability:

Spoiler
    Show
    Level: 5
    Esper Ability: All Roads
    Katashi can attract and repel almost anything, using himself as a centre. At its peak this affects everything around him, but the focus can be narrowed to affect a specific object or arc. This allows him to (among other things) bring a pencil to his hand, deflect an incoming attack or jump great distances by 'repelling' the Earth itself. When used at full power, this ability can cause incredible devastation to wide areas. While at first glance it would appear to make Katashi invincible, it has at least two weaknesses: He can't attract and repel at the same time; And after particularly strong or all-encompassing applications, he must wait a short time before using All Roads again.

Assuming the ability passes muster, he and Kyosuke could have a quick skirmish, to kill time before the main event. What do you think?
    I think that'd be great! Would this be in Academy City or out in it's environs?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    I think that'd be great! Would this be in Academy City or out in it's environs?
    Within; But preferably somewhere free of civilians and valuable property. It wouldn't do to involve the authorities, after all.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-04-05 at 11:42 AM.

11. - Top - End - #191

What is Shanelle's actual name meant to be? The different spellings are confusing me.

12. - Top - End - #192

What is Shanelle's actual name meant to be? The different spellings are confusing me.
    Shantelle La'Forette.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Shellie looks fine to me. Her 'personality' section does seem a bit brief, though.
    Hmm. Very well. I added some more.

I should also add which schools she's been to and going to, but that might be more fun in MS Paint diagram form.

EDIT: turns out that apparently the one middle school doesn't accept people without mega superpowers anyway, so I guess she's starting in the other one and trying to catch up with schoolwork to get into Futsu Seijona High School.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2014-04-05 at 03:48 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, finally finished my first character. Otosaki Shizuka, singer and Level 3 esper. ^.^

The sheet is a little bare bones right now, and I'll probably be upgrading it as she develops.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

15. - Top - End - #195

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Well, finally finished my first character. Otosaki Shizuka, singer and Level 3 esper. ^.^

The sheet is a little bare bones right now, and I'll probably be upgrading it as she develops.
    I need to post one for Hikari later.
    Expect it to be up tonight (well, tonight from the perspective of an American. I dunno where you live, which is a good thing cuz it means you're better than me at internet anonymity).
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

EDIT: turns out that apparently the one middle school doesn't accept people without mega superpowers anyway, so I guess she's starting in the other one and trying to catch up with schoolwork to get into Futsu Seijona High School.
    Actually, Tokiwadai's 'level 3 or higher' is more of a guideline in these games. If you want to make a level 2- Tokiwadai student, go right ahead.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, Tokiwadai's 'level 3 or higher' is more of a guideline in these games. If you want to make a level 2- Tokiwadai student, go right ahead.
    Hmm. So, that re-opens the question of where to actually start her out.

She probably went to Onizuka as a mundane at first, but since she missed a year of school, it wouldn't be unreasonable to sign up for some tutoring at the private school in an attempt to catch up. Were it not for her mishap, she would be in high school this year, so that's where her friends are.

...this seemed like a big problem at first, but actually, I seem to have given myself a reason to jump between three different school settings at will. Huh.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm. So, that re-opens the question of where to actually start her out.

She probably went to Onizuka as a mundane at first, but since she missed a year of school, it wouldn't be unreasonable to sign up for some tutoring at the private school in an attempt to catch up. Were it not for her mishap, she would be in high school this year, so that's where her friends are.

...this seemed like a big problem at first, but actually, I seem to have given myself a reason to jump between three different school settings at will. Huh.
    Onizuka and Tokiwadai don't mix. The snobs who run the latter have great concern for their school's public image. In the past they've turned away royalty for not meeting their standards. So imagine how they'd react to an applicant who'd attended a (in their eyes) bottom of the barrel school like Onizuka. I think you're going to have to pick one or the other.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-04-05 at 10:11 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199

Arkhosia, is there any reason you've not deigned to put Mop, Hajime, Eli, and Han on the list of characters?

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

Onizuka and Tokiwadai don't mix. The snobs who run the latter have great concern for their school's public image. In the past they've turned away royalty for not meeting their standards. So imagine how they'd react to an applicant who'd attended a (in their eyes) bottom of the barrel school like Onizuka. I think you're going to have to pick one or the other.
    I guess it has to be Onizuka, then? Even if she's a top-of-the-line student, she was still basically mundane until recently.

The argument you're making kind of makes this decision feel like being sorted into Hufflepuff, though... it's not technically anything to be ashamed of, but it's still established as a place for idiots and NPCs. Maybe I've made a bad character after all?
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2014-04-05 at 10:44 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201

I guess it has to be Onizuka, then? Even if she's a top-of-the-line student, she was still basically mundane until recently.

The argument you're making kind of makes this decision feel like being sorted into Hufflepuff, though... it's not technically anything to be ashamed of, but it's still clearly a place for idiots and NPCs. Maybe I've made a bad character after all?
    I don't think that Shellie is a bad character. Her powers and how she got them are quite interesting. How she's having to accommodate these unwanted gifts in her life are fairly detailed, and they make sense. I'd like to interact with her, and this time I'm not making a dirty joke.

I think it's just that Tokiwadai is comically arrogant.

22. - Top - End - #202

Arkhosia, is there any reason you've not deigned to put Mop, Hajime, Eli, and Han on the list of characters?
    Haven't added them yet due to being distracted. Plan to later.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

The argument you're making kind of makes this decision feel like being sorted into Hufflepuff, though... it's not technically anything to be ashamed of, but it's still established as a place for idiots and NPCs. Maybe I've made a bad character after all?
    No no, your character is fine. It's just a consequence of the game only having three schools. The trouble is that if we added any more, the players would be spread too thinly.

Also, Onizuka is by no means a place for idiots: It's a perfectly decent middle-class school. And if you really want Shellie to attend Tokiwadai, I'm sure we can work out a reason. Maybe she was offered a scholarship as compensation for having her brain fried? Or maybe our version of Tokiwadai values sufficiently brilliant students regardless of their psychic ability? That would allow her to have been there even before the accident.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-04-05 at 11:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't think that Shellie is a bad character.... I think it's just that Tokiwadai is comically arrogant.
    No no, your character is fine. It's just a consequence of the game only having three schools.... Onizuka is by no means a place for idiots: It's a perfectly decent middle-class school. And if you really want Shellie to attend Tokiwadai, I'm sure we can work out a reason. Maybe she was offered a scholarship as compensation for having her brain fried?
    Nah. I think I was just reading too much into it and freaking out. Besides, Tokiwadai can't be held responsible for the absurd government psionics testing thing.

Postin' time!

25. - Top - End - #205

Is anybody available for interaction? Judging by the IC thread, no, but it can't hurt to ask.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Is anybody available for interaction? Judging by the IC thread, no, but it can't hurt to ask.
    Mop's near Tokiwadai, right? She could easily cross paths with Crocell and Kin.

27. - Top - End - #207

I think it's your turn in the Mop & Shantelle scene.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Just a reminder/heads up. I'm heading out to PAX East Weds, won't have internet access until next Weds at the earliest.

29. - Top - End - #209

Mop's near Tokiwadai, right? She could easily cross paths with Crocell and Kin.
    Sure. It would be easy enough for her to encounter them in the Pâtisserie, that they were headed to in their last IC post?

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

Sure. It would be easy enough for her to encounter them in the Pâtisserie, that they were headed to in their last IC post?
    Certainly.