New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [RailITP] Academy City FFRP IC I

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    Mop & Shanelle
    Near Tokiwadai Middle School
    "It's a little trick a friend taught me." Mop says with some fondness, as she eyes the star that rests in her companion's hand. "I can show you how to, if you like. You just need a little bit of paper." She explains, taking her cane back into her hand and using its tip to casually point at the star. "I can get another piece, if you don't want to unfold that one."
    No, it's fine, this piece works... if you do not mind, that is.
    She hesitates before saying "piece" as if trying to remember, or a second.
    She unfolds the paper if Mop's fine with it.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Mop & Shanelle
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    No, it's fine, this piece works... if you do not mind, that is.
    She hesitates before saying "piece" as if trying to remember, or a second.
    She unfolds the paper if Mop's fine with it.
    "I don't mind." Mop reassures Shanelle with an slight smile to encourage her, as she watches the student unfold the carefully-crafted paper star and releases her hand as they stand in the middle of the street. "Can I show you?" She asks, and if she gets permission, she carefully lays her hands over the shy girl's. Using Shanelle's hands almost like gloves, she re-creates the movements she used to craft the popping star, with gentle instructions, until Shanelle's fingers hold the two tension points at either side.

3. - Top - End - #33

Mop & Shanelle
    "I don't mind." Mop reassures Shanelle with an slight smile to encourage her, as she watches the student unfold the carefully-crafted paper star and releases her hand as they stand in the middle of the street. "Can I show you?" She asks, and if she gets permission, she carefully lays her hands over the shy girl's. Using Shanelle's hands almost like gloves, she re-creates the movements she used to craft the popping star, with gentle instructions, until Shanelle's fingers hold the two tension points at either side.
    Shanelle nods at Mop's question.
    She looks quite interested, watching intently.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

4. - Top - End - #34

Mop & Shanelle
    Shanelle nods at Mop's question.
    She looks quite interested, watching intently.
    "If you let go, it will pop up and land in your hands as the star." Mop explains as Shanelle just seems to stare at the carefully-folded piece of paper in her palms, while the people of Academy swarm around them like a stream parting at a rock. "Then you can start over and do it yourself."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[ONIZUKA MIDDLE SCHOOL]

By this time, many students are likely trudging through the wind and snow on their way home, but there's one kid in particular who stands out from the crowd. A brown-haired boy wearing a black jacket and a dark-green scarf, clearly not native to Japan, meanders through the bustling students as he approaches Onizuka. This is Eli Matthews, who recently moved to Academy City from the USA with his parents, and he's supposed to apply for a transfer into this school today. Unfortunately, he may be a bit too late, now that classes have all been let out. He looks around near the main entrance to the school, trying to spot someone that wasn't in too great a hurry and who might understand his terribly-broken Japanese (or English, if he's really lucky)...

6. - Top - End - #36

Mop & Shanelle
    "If you let go, it will pop up and land in your hands as the star." Mop explains as Shanelle just seems to stare at the carefully-folded piece of paper in her palms, while the people of Academy swarm around them like a stream parting at a rock. "Then you can start over and do it yourself."
    Shantelle lets it go, annd it lands in her hands. She then entertains herself for a bit as they walk, folding and releasing it repeatedly.
    She's Not looking where she's going, though.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Unfortunately, sedate students seemed rather thin on the ground. Almost everyone was understandably eager to get out of school, and this cold weather. In a matter of moments, the stampede had barrelled past Eli and receded into the distance. Then, as the thunder of footsteps faded, two more sets could be heard approaching. A couple of stragglers poked their heads out of the doors and, upon seeing that they were in no danger of being trampled, set out together. One student was a black-haired, green-eyed girl with a sour expression on her face; While her companion had no expression at all. Creepy.

The two were in just as much a hurry as the other students had been; But a lot less numerous. Should Eli be willing to take a chance, he'd have no trouble approaching them.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-04-04 at 04:36 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

Onizuka Middle School

Miria "Scarlett" Amaterasu, a rather attractive (for a thirteen year old) blond girl with her hair done up in a bun, dressed in a rumpled red dress shirt, slacks, black shoes, a white apron riddled with splotches of paint, an athletic build, and a red hoodie wrapped around her waist, joyfully runs out of the school, possibly shoving past the two kids leaving... or running headlong into one of them.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[ONIZUKA, MAIN ENTRANCE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Unfortunately, sedate students seemed rather thin on the ground. Almost everyone was understandably eager to get out of school, and this cold weather. In a matter of moments, the stampede had barrelled past Eli and receded into the distance. Then, as the thunder of footsteps faded, two more sets could be heard approaching. A couple of stragglers poked their heads out of the doors and, upon seeing that they were in no danger of being trampled, set out together. One student was a black-haired, green-eyed girl with a sour expression on her face; While her companion had no expression at all. Creepy.

The two were in just as much a hurry as the other students had been; But a lot less numerous. Should Eli be willing to take a chance, he'd have no trouble approaching them.
    Eli tries speaking to a few students to try and get some direction, but they're all in quite a hurry, and none of them seem to understand him regardless. He's about ready to give up hope as the masses depart, but then he sees two more emerge from the building, having apparently waited for the crowds to die down before leaving. Despite the off-putting expression on the girl's face, Eli doesn't have anyone else to ask for help, so he chooses to take his chances trying to speak to her, hopeful that she'll be able to understand him one way or another.

"[Um...Excuse me]," he says (in English), "[Do, um...do you speak English...? I need some help...]"

Eli's attempt to plead for help is cut short as another girl barrels out of the doorway without any warning; a collision is more than likely imminent unless one of the other two step out of her way...

((EDITED to denote English speech.))
    Last edited by ImpSyndrome; 2014-04-05 at 10:57 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

"What the?!"

With a practiced motion, the girl stepped aside and avoided a collision. Considering the terrain, she moved surprisingly well. She glared at the offending shover's back, but resisted the urge to make a scene. Better to just let the cretin pass. She glanced sidelong at Eli (beside whom she'd come to rest), and gave him a long suffering look.

"Personal space is a constant battle around here. It's like they all wear blinkers..."
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-04-04 at 05:03 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

"What the?!"

With a practiced motion, the girl stepped aside and avoided a collision. Considering the terrain, she moved surprisingly well. She glared at the offending shover's back, but resisted the urge to make a scene. Better to just let the cretin pass. She glanced sidelong at Eli (beside whom she'd come to rest), and gave him a long suffering look.

"Personal space is a constant battle around here. It's like they all wear blinkers..."
    Scarlett keeps sprinting, then notices the new student.
    She skids to a stop, wearing down her sneaker's already thin soles even more.
    She energetically turns to him and grins.
    Hello there! Name's Scarlett. Glad to meet you!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #42

Mop & Shanelle
    Shantelle lets it go, annd it lands in her hands. She then entertains herself for a bit as they walk, folding and releasing it repeatedly.
    She's Not looking where she's going, though.
    "I'll be back soon." Mop says to Shanelle/Shantelle/Chanelle, placing her hand over the paper star for a moment and smiling at the young woman. Then she slips into the groups of people that stroll across the sidewalks and seems to have all to easily slipped out of the student's sight.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Azabu Gates

Shiota Tsubasa, more well known as Crocell, walked out of the gates of his school with his head bowed down. It was an exhausting day at school and he could not be happier that it was done. Well he could now relax, but before that he had someone else who was probably of a similar mindset at this moment.

Heading over to the gates of Tokiwadai Crocell leaned up against them as the many beautiful young ladies passed by. However it was unlikely that any would stop to talk to him given that many people knew about his attitude. Any except for one. And it was that one that he was currently waiting for.

Onizuka Middle School, Main Entrance

Tobio Isida was someone who usually tried to stay out of peoples way and out of their sight. However, it there was one thing you could count on about Tobio it was his nature as a do gooder. Which was why the boy pulled into a stop on his roller skates. His cyan colored hair hid his silver eyes from view as he observed the scene. His quiet voice spoke up at those in the area, mainly focused on the two girls who had a near collision.

"A-Ano, is everyone a-alright? N-No one's h-hurt are t-they?"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Tokiwadai

Amidst the crowd of departing students, a dejected girl trudged onward. Her eyes were dim, her step was sluggish, and she looked to be on the verge of collapse. With extreme weariness, this poor soul glanced up from the ground and saw-

"Shiota-saaaan!"

At this point the tired figure somehow vanished into thin air. She was replaced by some sort of supercharged blur, which darted through the crowd at ridiculous speed. Seconds later Crocell would find himself in a familiar situation: Namely, being tackle-hugged by Miura Kin. Thanks to the cold weather and Crocell's unusually warm temperature, today's hug was even closer than usual.

"Welcome, dear friend and portable heater! You arrived just in time. Another minute and you'd have found me unconscious on the cold hard ground!"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tokiwadai

Amidst the crowd of departing students, a dejected girl trudged onward. Her eyes were dim, her step was sluggish, and she looked to be on the verge of collapse. With extreme weariness, this poor soul glanced up from the ground and saw-

"Shiota-saaaan!"

At this point the tired figure somehow vanished into thin air. She was replaced by some sort of supercharged blur, which darted through the crowd at ridiculous speed. Seconds later Crocell would find himself in a familiar situation: Namely, being tackle-hugged by Miura Kin. Thanks to the cold weather and Crocell's unusually warm temperature, today's hug was even closer than usual.

"Welcome, dear friend and portable heater! You arrived just in time. Another minute and you'd have found me unconscious on the cold hard ground!"
    Crocell looked up when he heard his name called, and his eyes widened. While this was how their greetings usually went Kin seemed to be a little more energetic than usual. He was proven right when today's hug was tighter than usual. As such Kin would find that Crocell's unusual warmth was rising along with a massive blush on his face.

"K-Kin! It's good to see you too. Um, don't you think we should wait a bit to get out of the school garden before you hug me that close. The other girls might start rumors about you or something." While he would die and has his body cremated and scattered to the 4 winds before he admitted it Crocell rather liked Kin's hugs. Especially the ones where she would practically wrap her body around his, her soft body- 'NO, BAD THOUGHTS! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO THINK OF A FRIEND THAT WAY!'

Shaking his head Crocell led the way out of the school garden, looking every bit as red as the flames he usually manipulated.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2014-04-04 at 07:03 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Tokiwadai

The hugging pair may notice Plotclone!Shantelle reading a book under a nearby tree, her eye patch clearly visible from their perspective.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    "K-Kin! It's good to see you too. Um, don't you think we should wait a bit to get out of the school garden before you hug me that close. The other girls might start rumors about you or something."
    "Oh, they already have. You should hear some of the silly things they say about us!"

Kin chuckled unconcernedly. When it came to gossip like that, she didn't understand what all the fuss was about. So what if some people thought she and Crocell were 'together' (whatever that meant)? It was just a harmless misunderstanding. Paying no heed to the stares currently being directed at the two of them, Kin continued to partake of her friend's body heat.

"So, where are we headed? I'm fine with anywhere indoors that serves hot refreshments."
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-04-04 at 07:43 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

"What the?!"

"A human being cannot wear 'blinkers' Master. That would be a severe detriment towards their ability to view their surroundings, as the lack of peripherals caused by the addition of blinkers would cause them to be incapable of viewing outside influences."

A pause in his speech, which was perfectly flat and empty of any sort of 'emotion', let alone one like 'interest'. It was like the black haired boy was stating a simple fact, his silver eyes completely blank. Even though he was speaking about something completely impossible, it was like he thought of it as an every day thing.

"My apologies, Ishimaru-san. I did not mean to address you inappropriately while we are still present on school property."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe winced as Hajime spoke a certain word. Whenever he called her 'Master' in public, she had to do damage control; Lest people's active imaginations leap to the wrong conclusion. She hastily addressed the two onlookers who'd unfortunately heard the verbal slip.

"Before you get the wrong idea, he's my servant. And I'd be very grateful if you didn't spread that fact around. He's trying (believe it or not) to keep a low profile."

This accomplished, she turned back to Hajime. She tried her best to speak in soft, patient tones: An attempt which didn't entirely succeed.

"Hajime, I was speaking figuratively. Remember how we talked about that? I know it's hard, but you really need to learn how to recognise that sort of thing."
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-04-04 at 09:51 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50

Mop & Shanelle
    "I'll be back soon." Mop says to Shanelle/Shantelle/Chanelle, placing her hand over the paper star for a moment and smiling at the young woman. Then she slips into the groups of people that stroll across the sidewalks and seems to have all to easily slipped out of the student's sight.
    ((sorry, didn't see your post!))
    Shantelle smiles, waiting for her to return. In the meantime, I imagine boring stuff.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-04-05 at 12:42 AM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[ONIZUKA, MAIN ENTRANCE]
    Spoiler: Such Japanese
    Show
    "What the?!"

Scarlett keeps sprinting, then notices the new student.
    She skids to a stop, wearing down her sneaker's already thin soles even more.
    She energetically turns to him and grins.
    Hello there! Name's Scarlett. Glad to meet you!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Azabu Gates

Shiota Tsubasa, more well known as Crocell, walked out of the gates of his school with his head bowed down. It was an exhausting day at school and he could not be happier that it was done. Well he could now relax, but before that he had someone else who was probably of a similar mindset at this moment.

Heading over to the gates of Tokiwadai Crocell leaned up against them as the many beautiful young ladies passed by. However it was unlikely that any would stop to talk to him given that many people knew about his attitude. Any except for one. And it was that one that he was currently waiting for.

Onizuka Middle School, Main Entrance

Tobio Isida was someone who usually tried to stay out of peoples way and out of their sight. However, it there was one thing you could count on about Tobio it was his nature as a do gooder. Which was why the boy pulled into a stop on his roller skates. His cyan colored hair hid his silver eyes from view as he observed the scene. His quiet voice spoke up at those in the area, mainly focused on the two girls who had a near collision.

"A-Ano, is everyone a-alright? N-No one's h-hurt are t-they?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    "A human being cannot wear 'blinkers' Master. That would be a severe detriment towards their ability to view their surroundings, as the lack of peripherals caused by the addition of blinkers would cause them to be incapable of viewing outside influences."

A pause in his speech, which was perfectly flat and empty of any sort of 'emotion', let alone one like 'interest'. It was like the black haired boy was stating a simple fact, his silver eyes completely blank. Even though he was speaking about something completely impossible, it was like he thought of it as an every day thing.

"My apologies, Ishimaru-san. I did not mean to address you inappropriately while we are still present on school property."
    Moroe winced as Hajime spoke a certain word. Whenever he called her 'Master' in public, she had to do damage control; Lest people's active imaginations leap to the wrong conclusion. She hastily addressed the two onlookers who'd unfortunately heard the verbal slip.

"Before you get the wrong idea, he's my servant. And I'd be very grateful if you didn't spread that fact around. He's trying (believe it or not) to keep a low profile."

This accomplished, she turned back to Hajime. She tried her best to speak in soft, patient tones: An attempt which didn't entirely succeed.

"Hajime, I was speaking figuratively. Remember how we talked about that? I know it's hard, but you really need to learn how to recognise that sort of thing."

Eli is hopelessly lost in all of this; he can barely understand what anyone's saying, and what he does manage to translate inwardly doesn't make much sense. "[Doesn't anyone here speak any English,]" he gripes quietly while the others argue...or whatever it is they're doing; the stern-looking girl's tone makes it sound like an argument, if only a little bit. As she turns to the boy with whom she originally left the school and says something to him, the American kid looks to the others and asks, "[I don't suppose any of you understand what I'm saying, do you...?]"

Should he strike out in this regard, he'll grimace and try to form a proper sentence with what little Japanese he knows. After a few seconds, he'll manage to piece together something along the lines of, "Excuse me, do any of you speak English? I don't understand Japanese..."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    "[I don't suppose any of you understand what I'm saying, do you...?]"
    "Hmm? What?"

Moroe was rather distracted herself. She was being bombarded on all sides by apologies, greetings and humorous misunderstandings. It took her a few seconds to sort out Eli's words from the rest, and realise what was different about them. She glanced sidelong at the mysterious foreigner (again), and raised an eyebrow.

[Uh, yes. I understand. What is it?]

She had good syntax, but a really strong accent. Unsurprising, considering that she'd never left Academy City.

23. - Top - End - #53

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    [ONIZUKA, MAIN ENTRANCE]
    Spoiler: Such Japanese
    Show

Eli is hopelessly lost in all of this; he can barely understand what anyone's saying, and what he does manage to translate inwardly doesn't make much sense. "[Doesn't anyone here speak any English,]" he gripes quietly while the others argue...or whatever it is they're doing; the stern-looking girl's tone makes it sound like an argument, if only a little bit. As she turns to the boy with whom she originally left the school and says something to him, the American kid looks to the others and asks, "[I don't suppose any of you understand what I'm saying, do you...?]"

Should he strike out in this regard, he'll grimace and try to form a proper sentence with what little Japanese he knows. After a few seconds, he'll manage to piece together something along the lines of, "Excuse me, do any of you speak English? I don't understand Japanese..."
    I don't speak English. Sorry.
    ...Wait, you don't understand Japanese, and you said so In Japanese?

She starts laughing.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #54

Mop & Shanelle
    Walking The Streets Towards District 6
    ((sorry, didn't see your post!))
    Shantelle smiles, waiting for her to return. In the meantime, I imagine boring stuff.
    Shanelle is only forced to wait alone among the packed city streets for a few minutes, when Mop comes up behind her and pops back into her vision with a warm smile, as her stylish hat has been replaced with a beret that sits a little off-center atop her head. "Bonjour cher." She greets the student again, her pronunciation of the French language quite clearly unpracticed. "[I picked this hat and French sweets. I hope you like Calissons, because that's all they sold. These and held a maid, but the store that sold looked a bit dodgy...]" She continues speaking Shanelle's home language. Athough she clearly doesn't seem fluent in the language, and her pronunciation is off, her enthusiasm doesn't seem diminished as she produces a small diamond-shaped tray of Calissons, the popular French candied fruit.

25. - Top - End - #55

Mop & Shanelle
    Shanelle is only forced to wait alone among the packed city streets for a few minutes, when Mop comes up behind her and pops back into her vision with a warm smile, as her stylish hat has been replaced with a beret that sits a little off-center atop her head. "Bonjour cher." She greets the student again, her pronunciation of the French language quite clearly unpracticed. "[I picked this hat and French sweets. I hope you like Calissons, because that's all they sold. These and held a maid, but the store that sold looked a bit dodgy...]" She continues speaking Shanelle's home language. Athough she clearly doesn't seem fluent in the language, and her pronunciation is off, her enthusiasm doesn't seem diminished as she produces a small diamond-shaped tray of Calissons, the popular French candied fruit.
    Shantelle giggles, smiling broadly.
    [I didn't know you spoke French! Thanks!]
    She replies, as fluent as a person who's first language is French.
    Shantelle devours the Calissons with delight.
    She offers Mop some too, of course.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #56

Mop & Shanelle
    Shantelle giggles, smiling broadly.
    [I didn't know you spoke French! Thanks!]
    She replies, as fluent as a person who's first language is French.
    Shantelle devours the Calissons with delight.
    She offers Mop some too, of course.
    Mop smiles back as she watches Shanelle giggle and devour the recently-purchased treats, expressing a surprising appetite for one so slight. Though she spends a few moments waiting, slowly rolling the candied fruit around in her mouth, leaving the rest for the student. "[I know enough. And now you can charm me rather than the reverse, your charm invader West.]" She runs her fingers across her lips once she's finished speaking, sucking off the powdery sugar residue. "[What do you see first the museum?]"

27. - Top - End - #57

Mop & Shanelle
    Mop smiles back as she watches Shanelle giggle and devour the recently-purchased treats, expressing a surprising appetite for one so slight. Though she spends a few moments waiting, slowly rolling the candied fruit around in her mouth, leaving the rest for the student. "[I know enough. And now you can charm me rather than the reverse, your charm invader West.]" She runs her fingers across her lips once she's finished speaking, sucking off the powdery sugar residue. "[What do you see first the museum?]"
    ["I've always been interested in history, to be honest."]
    Shantelle replies, smiling.
    ["And I'm going to take that as a compliment, Mop."]
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #58

Mop & Shantelle
    ["I've always been interested in history, to be honest."]
    Shantelle replies, smiling.
    ["And I'm going to take that as a compliment, Mop."]
    "[Oh, the story is one of my favorites. With trebuchets, the Roman Empire, the Ying dynasty, Viking houses turf, Bilbo Baggins, and NEPTHYS Set, and ... aliens with three breasts.]" Mop replies, her enthusiasm for the subject matter seeming to get a fair bit less conrete as she goes on. She gives a shake of her head and squeezes Shantelle's hand. "[When did you interested in history, Shantelle?]"

29. - Top - End - #59

Mop & Shantelle
    "[Oh, the story is one of my favorites. With trebuchets, the Roman Empire, the Ying dynasty, Viking houses turf, Bilbo Baggins, and NEPTHYS Set, and ... aliens with three breasts.]" Mop replies, her enthusiasm for the subject matter seeming to get a fair bit less conrete as she goes on. She gives a shake of her head and squeezes Shantelle's hand. "[When did you interested in history, Shantelle?]"
    ["Ever since I was 5. My mother gave me a few books on the Roman Empire, and I've found the past a fascinating subject ever since then."]
    Shantelle replies with a smile, returning the squeeze.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

I don't speak English. Sorry.
    ...Wait, you don't understand Japanese, and you said so In Japanese?

She starts laughing.
    Eli listens as one of the girls says something to him in Japanese, followed by what sounds like a joke. This is confirmed as she starts laughing, and the foreigner's face retreats into his scarf a bit, embarrassed at his ineptitude. He should've known that, without being fluently conversational, any response he might get would be just as difficult to interpret as it was to illicit...

"Hmm? What?"

Moroe was rather distracted herself. She was being bombarded on all sides by apologies, greetings and humorous misunderstandings. It took her a few seconds to sort out Eli's words from the rest, and realise what was different about them. She glanced sidelong at the mysterious foreigner (again), and raised an eyebrow.

[Uh, yes. I understand. What is it?]

She had good syntax, but a really strong accent. Unsurprising, considering that she'd never left Academy City.
    Finally, someone he can talk to! Eli breathes a sigh of relief at the sound of his native language coming from someone other than himself. He turns to the girl from earlier and asks, "[Are the school's offices still open? I wanted to apply for registration today, but the snow slowed me down...]"