New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [RailITP] Academy City FFRP IC I

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Tokiwadai

The hugging pair may notice Plotclone!Shantelle reading a book under a nearby tree, her eye patch clearly visible from their perspective.
    Tokiwadai

Shizuka walks slowly along the path, eyes wandering across the landscape in front of her. She notices the girl under the tree, and stares a little, trying to see what the book is about.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Tokiwadai

Shizuka walks slowly along the path, eyes wandering across the landscape in front of her. She notices the girl under the tree, and stares a little, trying to see what the book is about.
    The title is in French, and translates to "The rise and fall of the Shogun and Samurai"
    Shantelle continues reading, unaware.
    Probably because the eye patch eye is facing the direction of Shizuka.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #63

The title is in French, and translates to "The rise and fall of the Shogun and Samurai"
    Shantelle continues reading, unaware.
    Probably because the eye patch eye is facing the direction of Shizuka.
    Tokiwadai

Unfortunately, Shizuka doesn't speak French. She frowns a little, realizing that the book is in a different language. Her concentration on this title causes her to disregard her path, which causes her to trip and fall onto the grass with a surprised cry.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2014-04-05 at 04:31 PM.
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

4. - Top - End - #64

Tokiwadai

Unfortunately, Shizuka doesn't speak French. She frowns a little, realizing that the book is in a different language. Her concentration on this title causes her to disregard her path, which causes her to trip and fall onto the grass with a surprised cry.
    The startled Shantelle jumps.
    Doux Teresa de mère sur le capot d'une Mercedes-Benz!
    Are you alright, miss?

She asks, getting up and offering a hand to her.
    Spoiler: what did that mean?
    Show
    Sweet Mother Teresa on the hood of a Mercedes Benz!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Han Kyosuke
    Academy City: Warehouse District
    Time: 3:00 AM

Kyosuke sat on the dock, the bosses had sent the ticket down about some ESPER activity in the area though from the look of it it wasn't anything he was going to be able to take care of if things got out of hand. With a sigh, he stood with a stretch and groan as he worked out any lingering tightness in his muscles before scanning his surroundings. Plenty of cover if it was needed, not a high profile location either. He picked up the "aid package" the suits at Apotheosis had sent him, the tote bag heavy and awkwardly weighted to it's back, it would hinder movement if he needed to move fast. What was worst of all was he stuck out like a sore thumb, a kid in the Onizuka Middle School uniform walking in what was nothing more than the industrial districts storage area was bound to get attention especially considering the hour. He'd just have to except it, and roll with that as part of the mission.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2014-04-05 at 04:41 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    Finally, someone he can talk to! Eli breathes a sigh of relief at the sound of his native language coming from someone other than himself. He turns to the girl from earlier and asks, "[Are the school's offices still open? I wanted to apply for registration today, but the snow slowed me down...]"
    [People actually register for Onizuka? I always thought newbies just walked in, picked a desk, and sorted out the paperwork later. Come to think of it, though, I do remember seeing an 'admissions' office back there. Let's see if it's open.]

Moroe sighed and walked back towards the school with a show of reluctance; As if she were being coerced into doing something troublesome. Apparently this alleged coercion was nonverbal, because she hadn't given Eli a chance to answer before 'reluctantly' deciding to help. She led the new student through Onizuka at an uncomfortably rapid pace, regardless of his own speed. If he didn't jog to keep up, she seemed quite willing to leave him behind.

As it turned out, the admissions office was indeed open. It was occupied by a pallid, glassy-eyed man who would admit Eli without complaint; Or any other emotional response, for that matter. It would take just a few routine questions to give the new student a place in Onizuka. Moroe had the feeling that the procedure would have been just as quick even if Eli had been a giant squid. No wonder Onizuka had so many mysterious weirdos...

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Han Kyosuke

Kyosuke sat on the dock, the bosses had sent the ticket down about some ESPER activity in the area though from the look of it it wasn't anything he was going to be able to take care of if things got out of hand. With a sigh, he stood with a stretch and groan as he worked out any lingering tightness in his muscles before scanning his surroundings. Plenty of cover if it was needed, not a high profile location either. He picked up the "aid package" the suits at Apotheosis had sent him, the tote bag heavy and awkwardly weighted to it's back, it would hinder movement if he needed to move fast. What was worst of all was he stuck out like a sore thumb, a kid in the Onizuka Middle School uniform walking in what was nothing more than the industrial districts storage area was bound to get attention especially considering the hour. He'd just have to except it, and roll with that as part of the mission.
    Not too far away, a voice could be heard. The Esper in question wasn't making much effort to remain unnoticed.

"Look, I'm not trying to be difficult here. I just want the answer to one simple question. Is that so much to ask? Is it r-Oh, wait; You're dead. Damn it, that's the third one already."

Watanabe Katashi let the newly made corpse he was holding fall to the ground. Why did these dock workers all have to be so fragile? After fighting monsters for so long, he'd lost his touch when it came to normal humans. With exaggerated effort, Katashi brushed off his extremely tattered school uniform and set off again. Those 'Apotheosis' crates had to be around here somewhere.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-04-05 at 07:31 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67

The startled Shantelle jumps.
    Doux Teresa de mère sur le capot d'une Mercedes-Benz!
    Are you alright, miss?

She asks, getting up and offering a hand to her.
    Spoiler: what did that mean?
    Show
    Sweet Mother Teresa on the hood of a Mercedes Benz!
    Tokiwadai

"Ah..." Shizuka glances up at the French girl, taking her hand and pulling herself up. "T-Thank you..."
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2014-04-05 at 07:33 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68

Tokiwadai

"Ah..." Shizuka glances up at the French girl, taking her hand and pulling herself up. "T-Thank you..."
    I'm Shantelle La'Forette. Glad to meet you, mademoiselle.
    Shantelle replies, smiling slightly.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

9. - Top - End - #69

I'm Shantelle La'Forette. Glad to meet you, mademoiselle.
    Shantelle replies, smiling slightly.
    Tokiwadai

Shizuka smiles back, dusting herself off. "And my name is Otosaki Shizuka."

"Um... a-are you new here...? I don't think I recognize you."

10. - Top - End - #70

Tokiwadai

Shizuka smiles back, dusting herself off. "And my name is Otosaki Shizuka."

"Um... a-are you new here...? I don't think I recognize you."
    Glad to meet you Otosaki. I moved here a month and a half ago, so I guess I am kind of new.
    Shantelle replies with a slight smile. Shizuka may notice Shantelle's French accent.
    Shantelle brushes her hair away from the spot where her right eye would be absentmindedly.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    [[COLOR="SeaGreen"]

Not too far away, a voice could be heard. The Esper in question wasn't making much effort to remain unnoticed.

"Look, I'm not trying to be difficult here. I just want the answer to one simple question. Is that so much to ask? Is it r-Oh, wait; You're dead. Damn it, that's the third one already."

Watanabe Katashi let the newly made corpse he was holding fall to the ground. Why did these dock workers all have to be so fragile? After fighting monsters for so long, he'd lost his touch when it came to normal humans. With exaggerated effort, Katashi brushed off his extremely tattered school uniform and set off again. Those 'Apotheosis' crates had to be around here somewhere.
    "Maybe I can be of some help." Han Kyosuke offers up, watching the man kill the unfortunate dock worker in the same dispassionate manner as he held walking about the darkness. "Someone who does such fine work can't be looking for anything easy."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

"Maybe I can be of some help." Han Kyosuke offers up, watching the man kill the unfortunate dock worker in the same dispassionate manner as he held walking about the darkness. "Someone who does such fine work can't be looking for anything easy."
    "It was supposed to be easy. Someone moved the crates before I got here."

Katashi turned to look at the interloper; Or at least, he probably did. His eyes were covered by an opaque grey visor. One foot idly kicked a metal box on the floor, as he continued to bemoan his bad luck.

"In and out in twenty minutes, they said. No witnesses, they said. Shows what they know. Now it's late, I'm tired, and three guys are dead. Oh wait, scratch that; four guys."

Katashi kicked the box again. Only this time, it went flying straight at Kyosuke's head.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Winter, Day One: After School
    Onizuka Middle School - Offices

From a room near the admissions office, a sickly-looking young lady is the last person to leave. In appearance, she seems to share some qualities with Eli; she's about the same age, and clearly another westerner. Blond hair, teal eyes. A pair of over-sized headphones would further cause her to stand out, had the crowd not long-since dispersed.

She winces as the door to the A/V room locks behind her and swings by the admissions room to pick up the thing she had stayed after school to get. She looks at the administrator hopefully.

"Do you happen to know if new my schedule is done yet?" she asks, practically in a whisper.

"Oh! I think so. Um..."

The office secretary - as opposed to the principal interviewing Eli - opens up a colorful desk drawer. This may be the most technologically advanced city in the world, but it seems that there are some things that still get printed and filed on paper.

"...how do you spell-"

The young lady quickly cuts him off. "Te- mmph."
    She pauses for a second, lowering her voice again but still impatient. "Te-I-Ge-Ru, Shi-E-Li."

The secretary flips through a few of the file's dividers in search of the requested document. Apparently his first guess was way off.

"Uhhhhhh-h-h-h-hhhhhhhhhhh-hhh-h-h Teiger! Here you are!"

Shellie is more than willing to forgive two exclamation points a slight mispronunciation in exchange for knowing exactly what the school system has finally decided to do with her. She smiles as she squints at the schedule, but apparently comes across something disappointing.

"Ah, [crap.]"

The secretary doesn't recognize the English expletive, since it isn't one of the really juicy ones.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2014-04-05 at 11:37 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

"It was supposed to be easy. Someone moved the crates before I got here."

Katashi turned to look at the interloper; Or at least, he probably did. His eyes were covered by an opaque grey visor. One foot idly kicked a metal box on the floor, as he continued to bemoan his bad luck.

"In and out in twenty minutes, they said. No witnesses, they said. Shows what they know. Now it's late, I'm tired, and three guys are dead. Oh wait, scratch that; four guys."

Katashi kicked the box again. Only this time, it went flying straight at Kyosuke's head.
    "Someone got an extra bowl of Wheaties this morning." Kyosuke murmurs, dashing to the side as the box is kicked at him. "You don't want to do this." he mumbles lower, keeping his gaze fixed on the strange man, a hand slipping into his messenger bag. "You're not part of my mission, you can live if you walk away. I have no quarrel with you."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

"Wait wait wait wait wait. You are giving me a chance to run? That's actually kind of awesome. Just for that, I'm really tempted to let you live. Yeah, let's walk awa-"

There was no warning. One moment, Katashi was slouching against a crate; The next, he was flying towards Kyosuke at ridiculous speed.

"As if!"

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Oh, they already have. You should hear some of the silly things they say about us!"

Kin chuckled unconcernedly. When it came to gossip like that, she didn't understand what all the fuss was about. So what if some people thought she and Crocell were 'together' (whatever that meant)? It was just a harmless misunderstanding. Paying no heed to the stares currently being directed at the two of them, Kin continued to partake of her friend's body heat.

"So, where are we headed? I'm fine with anywhere indoors that serves hot refreshments."
    Crocell blushed harder, was that even possible, at Kin's nonchalant response about the girls starting rumors. As he got warmer and warmer he rapidly tried to find a way to move away from the awkardness of the topic his unusual friend never quite got the specifics of.

"Umm, well I-I was think t-that we could head over to the Pâtisserie. I-I've been having a bit of a sweet tooth today!"

'What the heck was that! Why are you stuttering like a bloody shrinking violet. What are you the new guy Tobio?!'

Crocell shook his head rapidly as they headed out, rapping his head with one of his fists to chase the thoughts our of his head.

Moroe winced as Hajime spoke a certain word. Whenever he called her 'Master' in public, she had to do damage control; Lest people's active imaginations leap to the wrong conclusion. She hastily addressed the two onlookers who'd unfortunately heard the verbal slip.

"Before you get the wrong idea, he's my servant. And I'd be very grateful if you didn't spread that fact around. He's trying (believe it or not) to keep a low profile."

This accomplished, she turned back to Hajime. She tried her best to speak in soft, patient tones: An attempt which didn't entirely succeed.

"Hajime, I was speaking figuratively. Remember how we talked about that? I know it's hard, but you really need to learn how to recognise that sort of thing."
    [ONIZUKA, MAIN ENTRANCE]
    Spoiler: Such Japanese
    Show

Eli is hopelessly lost in all of this; he can barely understand what anyone's saying, and what he does manage to translate inwardly doesn't make much sense. "[Doesn't anyone here speak any English,]" he gripes quietly while the others argue...or whatever it is they're doing; the stern-looking girl's tone makes it sound like an argument, if only a little bit. As she turns to the boy with whom she originally left the school and says something to him, the American kid looks to the others and asks, "[I don't suppose any of you understand what I'm saying, do you...?]"

Should he strike out in this regard, he'll grimace and try to form a proper sentence with what little Japanese he knows. After a few seconds, he'll manage to piece together something along the lines of, "Excuse me, do any of you speak English? I don't understand Japanese..."
    Eli listens as one of the girls says something to him in Japanese, followed by what sounds like a joke. This is confirmed as she starts laughing, and the foreigner's face retreats into his scarf a bit, embarrassed at his ineptitude. He should've known that, without being fluently conversational, any response he might get would be just as difficult to interpret as it was to illicit...

Finally, someone he can talk to! Eli breathes a sigh of relief at the sound of his native language coming from someone other than himself. He turns to the girl from earlier and asks, "[Are the school's offices still open? I wanted to apply for registration today, but the snow slowed me down...]"
    [People actually register for Onizuka? I always thought newbies just walked in, picked a desk, and sorted out the paperwork later. Come to think of it, though, I do remember seeing an 'admissions' office back there. Let's see if it's open.]

Moroe sighed and walked back towards the school with a show of reluctance; As if she were being coerced into doing something troublesome. Apparently this alleged coercion was nonverbal, because she hadn't given Eli a chance to answer before 'reluctantly' deciding to help. She led the new student through Onizuka at an uncomfortably rapid pace, regardless of his own speed. If he didn't jog to keep up, she seemed quite willing to leave him behind.

As it turned out, the admissions office was indeed open. It was occupied by a pallid, glassy-eyed man who would admit Eli without complaint; Or any other emotional response, for that matter. It would take just a few routine questions to give the new student a place in Onizuka. Moroe had the feeling that the procedure would have been just as quick even if Eli had been a giant squid. No wonder Onizuka had so many mysterious weirdos...
    Throughout the back and forth Tobio opened his mouth to speak multiple times, a blush on his face from the master misunderstanding, only to find himself spoken over quite often. Such was the curse of his shy and quiet nature. When he did speak it was usually not all that well overhead as the conversation just got more and more awkward to him. Especially since he didn't speak that much English. Only a few phrases. As Moroe dragged off the English speaking boy Tobio sighed at the fact that once again, he couldn't gather up the courage to truly ask what was going on. Especially since Moroe was a girl, a sort of scary one at that. He then turned to the younger girl who had almost caused the collision in the first place. Gathering his courage Tobio gulped and walked over to the attractive girl.

"A-Ano, Are y-you alright m-miss?"

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wait wait wait wait wait. You are giving me a chance to run? That's actually kind of awesome. Just for that, I'm really tempted to let you live. Yeah, let's walk awa-"

There was no warning. One moment, Katashi was slouching against a crate; The next, he was flying towards Kyosuke at ridiculous speed.

"As if!"
    Kyosuke sighs loudly though doesn't move fast enough to avoid the man barreling down at him with such impressive speed, taking the full brunt of the attack head on.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Is that really how things work in Academy City's schools? It'd be news to Eli; he doesn't know much about education systems overseas, so he's mainly just making assumptions based on his own experiences. "[Well, I can't just show up to classes without registering, or people would wonder what I'm even doing here...Wouldn't you find it weird if-]"
    At this point, he notices that the girl he's been trying to talk to has gone back into the building ahead of him. He flinches slightly before starting after her, calling, "[Hey, wait up! Don't leave me here...!]"

Eli barely manages to keep up with the hurried girl as she leads the way to the Admissions office. Once there, he somehow manages to negotiate his registration and provide his tuition payment. The forms he needs to fill out confuse him, though, as they're (naturally) printed in Japanese. He notices the other student coming in but pays her no mind, consumed as he is by trying to translate all that Kanji.

"[Um...Sorry to bug you again,]" Eli says slowly, addressing his escort from earlier (assuming she has seen fit to stick around). "[I can't make heads or tails of these characters...What's it asking me to provide...?]"

((He should be speaking loudly enough for Doc Guns' PC to hear and understand him, by the way.))

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Crocell blushed harder, was that even possible, at Kin's nonchalant response about the girls starting rumors. As he got warmer and warmer he rapidly tried to find a way to move away from the awkardness of the topic his unusual friend never quite got the specifics of.

"Umm, well I-I was think t-that we could head over to the Pâtisserie. I-I've been having a bit of a sweet tooth today!"

'What the heck was that! Why are you stuttering like a bloody shrinking violet. What are you the new guy Tobio?!'

Crocell shook his head rapidly as they headed out, rapping his head with one of his fists to chase the thoughts our of his head.
    Kin sometimes wondered what Crocell was thinking when he acted like that. He was usually such a cool, respectable role model. But every so often he got this really strong stutter, and seemed to lose control of his limbs. Ah well, it was none of her business. Besides, he became so wonderfully toasty at times like this. It was like standing next to a roaring fire.

"An excellent plan, dear sir. Let us depart!"

Kyosuke sighs loudly though doesn't move fast enough to avoid the man barreling down at him with such impressive speed, taking the full brunt of the attack head on.
    Katashi's fist smashed into Kyosuke's chest with enough force to mortally wound a normal human. Of course, Saints were made of sterner stuff. In the likely event that his opponent was still standing, a massive grin would appear on Katashi's face.

"Hey, not bad! You're not just some ordinary kid, are you?"

Undeterred, he'd send his other fist at Kyosuke's jaw. He clearly intended to beat the 'kid' to death with his bare hands. At this stage, he wasn't the slightest bit worried about a counter-attack.

Eli barely manages to keep up with the hurried girl as she leads the way to the Admissions office. Once there, he somehow manages to negotiate his registration and provide his tuition payment. The forms he needs to fill out confuse him, though, as they're (naturally) printed in Japanese. He notices the other student coming in but pays her no mind, consumed as he is by trying to translate all that Kanji.

"[Um...Sorry to bug you again,]" Eli says slowly, addressing his escort from earlier (assuming she has seen fit to stick around). "[I can't make heads or tails of these characters...What's it asking me to provide...?]"
    Moroe gave another long-suffering sigh. She seemed to be playing tutor a lot lately. Still, this would surely count as her good deed for the day.

[Okay, let's start from the top. This bit's asking for your name; Then comes date of birth; Then...]

Her explanation resembled her tour through the school: Fast and unrelenting. At each section, she'd pause for what she considered enough time to write an answer; And then she'd move on, even if Eli hadn't finished yet. He'd have to seriously scramble if he wanted to keep up.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Han Kyosuke

Kyosuke slides back from the force of the blow, brushing at his chest as he leaps back from the second swing. "Last chance, if you stand down this can still end with you walking away." he offers as he tugs out a small metal tube from his pack. "You're not part of my mission, I don't get anything extra for killing you."

21. - Top - End - #81

Glad to meet you Otosaki. I moved here a month and a half ago, so I guess I am kind of new.
    Shantelle replies with a slight smile. Shizuka may notice Shantelle's French accent.
    Shantelle brushes her hair away from the spot where her right eye would be absentmindedly.
    Tokiwadai

"Ah, I see... that explains why I don't really recognize you." Shizuka smiles, giving the eyepatch a curious glance, but deciding not to ask about it yet. "Um... did you come from France, by chance...?"

22. - Top - End - #82

Tokiwadai

"Ah, I see... that explains why I don't really recognize you." Shizuka smiles, giving the eyepatch a curious glance, but deciding not to ask about it yet. "Um... did you come from France, by chance...?"
    Shantelle nods.
    Yes. I was born in Paris, in fact. What gave it away?
    She asks, chuckling.

Scarlett nods, turning to Tobio
    Perfectly fine! I'm Scarlett, glad to meet you!
    The girl offers a hand.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #83

Shantelle nods.
    Yes. I was born in Paris, in fact. What gave it away?
    She asks, chuckling.
    Tokiwadai

Shizuka chuckles. "The accent, actually. It's still there, but not too noticeable."

24. - Top - End - #84

Tokiwadai

Shizuka chuckles. "The accent, actually. It's still there, but not too noticeable."
    ah. Glad to know I still retain the accent. I rather like it.
    She replies with a smile.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Moroe gave another long-suffering sigh. She seemed to be playing tutor a lot lately. Still, this would surely count as her good deed for the day.

[Okay, let's start from the top. This bit's asking for your name; Then comes date of birth; Then...]

Her explanation resembled her tour through the school: Fast and unrelenting. At each section, she'd pause for what she considered enough time to write an answer; And then she'd move on, even if Eli hadn't finished yet. He'd have to seriously scramble if he wanted to keep up.
    At least with written forms, Eli has the option of taking notes. Rather than filling each item out as his company describes it, he scribbles a short note in English next to each designator to indicate what it stands for; using this shorthand technigue, he manages to keep up a bit better with her hasty explanation. Once she finishes, he tells her, "Thank you," in his poorly-enunciated (but well-intended) attempt at Japanese before proceeding to complete the form. Once it's handed in, he's handed a standard schedule for new students, which he briefly peruses before folding and pocketing it.

Now that his task has been completed, he returns his attention to the girl who helped him and says, "[Thanks again, I would've been lost without your help...Oh, I'm Eli, by the way. Maybe, uh...maybe we could be friends...?]" As if to personify his offer, he extends a hand for her to shake, if she so chooses. Given her attitude to this point, it's more likely that she'll simply write him off as a burden, but with so much going against him already, Eli could use a friend, so it's worth a shot...
    Last edited by ImpSyndrome; 2014-04-07 at 08:38 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86

ah. Glad to know I still retain the accent. I rather like it.
    She replies with a smile.
    Tokiwadai

"It is nice," Shizuka agrees. She smiles back. "So how are you like Tokiwadai?"

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Han Kyosuke

Kyosuke slides back from the force of the blow, brushing at his chest as he leaps back from the second swing. "Last chance, if you stand down this can still end with you walking away." he offers as he tugs out a small metal tube from his pack. "You're not part of my mission, I don't get anything extra for killing you."
    "Hey, I'm with you on this one; But my visor keeps flashing 'no witnesses' in this really annoying font. And trust me, there's no arguing with this thing."

Every time Kyosuke retreated, Katashi would press ahead at the same speed. He continued to rain down blows on his opponent, with a sloppy combination of kicks and punches. His combat style was strangely hard to read. Every attack seemed like it could be dodged by a novice; Right until the instant when they snaked past your guard. In order to evade, an opponent needed to ignore what their own instincts were telling them. If they didn't learn that lesson in time, they'd likely be pummelled to death by a dozen 'lucky hits'.

At least with written forms, Eli has the option of taking notes. Rather than filling each item out as his company describes it, he scribbles a short note in English next to each designator to indicate what it stands for; using this shorthand technigue, he manages to keep up a bit better with her hasty explanation. Once she finishes, he tells her, "Thank you," in his poorly-enunciated (but well-intended) attempt at Japanese before proceeding to complete the form. Once it's handed in, he's handed a standard schedule for new students, which he briefly peruses before folding and pocketing it.

Now that his task has been completed, he returns his attention to the girl who helped him and says, "[Thanks again, I would've been lost without your help...Oh, I'm Eli, by the way. Maybe, uh...maybe we could be friends...?]" As if to personify his offer, he extends a hand for her to shake, if she so chooses. Given her attitude to this point, it's more likely that she'll simply write him off as a burden, but with so much going against him already, Eli could use a friend, so it's worth a shot...
    Moroe gave the proffered hand a look which could wither plants. It was clearly time to draw some boundaries.

[Okay, let's settle three important points. Number 1: I don't touch needlessly. You know how many germs are on the average human hand? Number 2: I don't make friends. They're more trouble than they're worth. Number 3: I do make associates. If you have a legitimate reason to approach me that doesn't involve touching, casual conversation, or comparisons between my eyes and perfect emeralds, then I might well help you out. Are we clear?]
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-04-07 at 11:25 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88

Tokiwadai

"It is nice," Shizuka agrees. She smiles back. "So how are you like Tokiwadai?"
    It's an awesome place... Though the customs i still need to get used to and learn.
    Shantelle adds embarrassedly.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #89

It's an awesome place... Though the customs i still need to get used to and learn.
    Shantelle adds embarrassedly.
    Tokiwadai

Shizuka grins. "You'll learn quickly. It's not too hard, I hope?"

30. - Top - End - #90

Tokiwadai

Shizuka grins. "You'll learn quickly. It's not too hard, I hope?"
    It is a bit, but I'm learning quickly, that is true.
    ...Um, if you don't mind me asking, what sort of stuff do you like?
    Shantelle asks.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show