New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [RailITP] Academy City FFRP IC I

"Hajime, the point was to teach you something. So why am I the one who keeps doing all the learning? Don't answer that. Let's just go home."

Sometimes Moroe wondered whether Hajime even needed a teacher. He already seemed to be really good at learning on his own: Especially when it came to Moroe herself. It was actually a little scary how fast he'd 'tuned' himself to her. Surely such a voracious learner would eventually turn his attention to things like emotion and freedom...Right?

It didn't take long for the two to reach the permanently closed mechanics' workshop which Moroe lived above. After unlocking the door, she stepped out of the cold street, and into the equally cold (but less windy) ground floor. A minute later she was upstairs, sinking gratefully into her favourite chair. No doubt Hajime would be along momentarily with her cocoa. Her fondness for that particular drink was a closely guarded secret, lest she suffer endless mockery from other mercenaries.

"Come and sit with me for a while, Hajime. Schoolwork can wait..."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    "You fight for justice, save people's lives, and shoot fire from your limbs. Sounds like a super hero to me. As for gaining confidence, that's easier said than done. My sunny disposition certainly wouldn't last long if I was in Judgement."

Kin's smile briefly faltered. Thanks to an incident not long ago, She had first-hand experience of the sort of horrors which Judgement officers sometimes faced. Just the memory of that night was enough to jar her. A moment later, though, she'd gone back to munching on eclairs. A few of those did wonders in dispelling bad vibes.
    Crocell grimaced as he also remembered that day. He thought it would just be a routine patrol. He never expected thugs of a Skill-Out gang that brutal. It was definitely something he wished he could undo. Especially since it impacted Kin so visibly. Moving around to her side Crocell proceeded to wrap Kin in a hug to try to make her feel better, slightly awkward though it was.

"Hey, it's alright. It isn't always like that. Besides I think you could be pretty heroic if you wanted too Kin."

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post

Onizuka

Alrighty then, let's go!

With that, Scarlett departs to explore, Tobio likely being dragged along!
    Tobio watched with slightly widened eyes as the girl quickly took off. Reaching into his backpack Tobio pulled out his skates quickly slipped them on with practiced ease. Putting his regular shoes away Tobio skated after the girl, keeping up with ease.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Scarlett and Tobio Traverse the City!

Scarlett smiles at Tobio.
    Any preference where to explore?
    Scarlett asks Tobio amicably.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    The boy in the snowdrift immediately leaped back to his feet, apparently none the worse for wear, and immediately bowed before stammering out an apology.

"T-T-This one humbly begs for your forgiveness, Gaikokujin-dono, for his inappropriate and shameful display."
    "What did you just call me?" Shellie laughs, convinced that the old-timey ninja boy is joking. She can't really place his accent, though. She knows she's heard something like it in a movie before, but everything is still so garbled anyway...

*ping*

A little pulse of color from deep inside the snowbank. He must have dropped his phone.

"Well, I'm just glad you're alright." Better than alright, actually... she knows the sorts of heat and bruising associated with concussive injury from the, 'tripping over everything,' period of her own recovery, but this guy doesn't even seem winded. "I guess you do this a lot?"

Shellie walks up to the snowbank and starts digging purposefully. It may or may not be obvious what she's up to until she produces the device a few seconds later.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

So, she can hear me, Shougo decided, and paused as she spoke. Of course she wouldn't understand, he realised with a start, 'Nobody speaks like I do!'. He was in the midst of opening his mouth when Shellie stepped away to dig in the snow. He glanced at her, watching her search for something before she rose once again with his phone in her hand. The screen was cracked, but there it was. Shougo sighed audibly with relief; he'd almost forgotten about it.

"This? No, this one-I mean, I-"

He promptly corrected himself, his face flushing a little at this (relative) informality.

"I do not do this often. Fall, I mean. Running? Yes, I do that often. It is practice for my job. Thank you for finding my phone."

He then looked at his feet, remembering why it was, exactly, that he fell. Right, Ishida-san.

"Truth be told, gaikoku-I mean, ue-san, I, uh, am in need of some help. I was intending to message my friend to ask if he would like to spend time with me tomorrow. Unfortunately, I am ... Not good with technology. I would be indebted if you would be willing to assist."

A lump moved down his throat; Shougo was clearly not comfortable with asking for help, least of all from strangers, much less while using such an informal tone to do so. But he swallowed his nervousness-His mother was not particularly great at technology either, and he truly did intend to meet Tobio tomorrow.

"M...My name is Nimori Shougo from Onizuka Middle School, by the way. It is an honour to make your acquaintance ."

He bowed again, likely more formal and polite than any Japanese person Shellie had ever met, his long red scarf whipping up in response to a sudden gust of snow.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2014-04-22 at 07:57 AM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[ACADEMY CITY, MATTHEWS RESIDENCE]

Eli arrives at his new home soon enough; his parents are both out, so he takes it upon himself to check around for any packages that might have arrived. It doesn't take long to find a fairly-small box resting on a table, one that apparently carries the piece of hardware he described to Shellie before. He quickly cuts open the box and removes the translator collar, which looks just as tacky as in the advertisements. After skimming through the instructions, he puts the device around his neck (noting, with some degree of relief, that it would at least fit comfortably beneath his clothing) and switches it on. After calibrating it with a few test phrases, he spends some time testing it with various phrases, some more ridiculous than others...

((Ready to move on when you all are.))

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Crocell grimaced as he also remembered that day. He thought it would just be a routine patrol. He never expected thugs of a Skill-Out gang that brutal. It was definitely something he wished he could undo. Especially since it impacted Kin so visibly. Moving around to her side Crocell proceeded to wrap Kin in a hug to try to make her feel better, slightly awkward though it was.

"Hey, it's alright. It isn't always like that. Besides I think you could be pretty heroic if you wanted too Kin."
    Kin leaned into the hug with a little more reluctance than usual. She'd been hoping that Crocell wouldn't notice her change in mood. Still, the closeness did feel good. Combined with the influence of good food, Kin's depression didn't stand a chance. Soon enough she was back to her usual self.

"If you say so, sensei. Personally, I think I need a looooot more of your training before I'm ready for heroics. So far my only real talent is sticking to things."

Although to be fair, Kin was very good at sticking to things: A fact which Crocell would be reminded of if he tried to break the hug.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-04-22 at 09:51 AM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Scarlett and Tobio Traverse the City!

Scarlett smiles at Tobio.
    Any preference where to explore?
    Scarlett asks Tobio amicably.
    Tobio looked over Scarlett as he gently shook his head to signal no. He honestly couldn't think of any good places to go exploring. He tried to think of something as he skated alongside her. He gently smiled to himself as his nervousness started to fade. He could always be more confident on his trusty skates.

"I don't have a p-particular preference. What about you? D-Did you have somewhere you wanted to go?"

Kin leaned into the hug with a little more reluctance than usual. She'd been hoping that Crocell wouldn't notice her change in mood. Still, the closeness did feel good. Combined with the influence of good food, Kin's depression didn't stand a chance. Soon enough she was back to her usual self.

"If you say so, sensei. Personally, I think I need a looooot more of your training before I'm ready for heroics. So far my only real talent is sticking to things."

Although to be fair, Kin was very good at sticking to things: A fact which Crocell would be reminded of if he tried to break the hug.
    Crocell smiled as he say Kin's sunny nature once again took the forefront. He chuckled at Kin's slightly self-depreciating humor before he attempted to extract himself from her. At the slight tug from Kin sticking to him Crocell looked down at where they were connected. He gave another chuckle at the situation they were in.

"Well at the very least you won't let the perps get away. Still if there's anything you want me to teach you just say the word and I'm your coach."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

"This? No, this one-I mean, I... I do not do this often. Fall, I mean. Running? Yes, I do that often. It is practice for my job. Thank you for finding my phone."
    She laughs again, the barely-audible sort of laugh that just barely manages to distinguish itself from a sigh. "Ha, okay. Oh, sure, it's no problem."

He then looked at his feet, remembering why it was, exactly, that he fell.

"Truth be told, gaikoku-I mean, ue-san, I, uh, am in need of some help. I was intending to message my friend to ask if he would like to spend time with me tomorrow. Unfortunately, I am ... Not good with technology. I would be indebted if you would be willing to assist. M...My name is Nimori Shougo from Onizuka Middle School, by the way. It is an honour to make your acquaintance."

He bowed again, likely more formal and polite than any Japanese person Shellie had ever met, his long red scarf whipping up in response to a sudden gust of snow.
    The girl, getting a little nervous in the face of all this formality, bows politely in return, albeit not nearly so deeply. "It's... nice to meet you too, Shougo-san. I'm Shellie Tieger."

Interesting, they go to the same school... I guess even if I had seen him around before the accident, he wouldn't look the same now. She would have recognized these mannerisms if she'd ever actually spoken to him before, though.

"So, what are you trying to do? Just send a text?" She looks over Shougo's shoulder and squints at his screen, trying to make out an image from a cracked pool of very-slightly-varying shades of green. Of course, Shougo can actually see the screen just fine, he just has no idea what it all means...

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Crocell smiled as he say Kin's sunny nature once again took the forefront. He chuckled at Kin's slightly self-depreciating humor before he attempted to extract himself from her. At the slight tug from Kin sticking to him Crocell looked down at where they were connected. He gave another chuckle at the situation they were in.

"Well at the very least you won't let the perps get away. Still if there's anything you want me to teach you just say the word and I'm your coach."
    "My spongelike brain awaits your instruction, sens-Oh, not again! And I'd been getting so much better lately!"

Kin had just noticed Crocell's predicament. Despite all the control exercises she'd been doing, her ability (like Kin herself) still had a rebellious streak. Calming herself, she closed her eyes and concentrated. A few seconds later, Crocell was released from his not-particularly-sinister prison of hugging. As always, Kin looked distinctly embarrassed by the incident.

"A-at least I can usually end it quicker now. It's been ages since anyone's been forced to hold my hand for hours..."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    The girl, getting a little nervous in the face of all this formality, bows politely in return, albeit not nearly so deeply. "It's... nice to meet you too, Shougo-san. I'm Shellie Tieger."
    "It's Nimori-san! Damn it, she made the same mistake with me!"

Even Shellie's enhanced hearing likely wouldn't hear that comment. The speaker was in an apartment some distance away, looking at a small hand-held screen. One of Ishimaru Moroe's eyebrows twitched as (via droid surveillance) she observed Shellie getting overly familiar. She'd chosen a bad time to check in on the 'Shougo cam'.

"And why is she looking so closely over his shoulder? Can't she see that he's really sensitive to things like that? She'd better not upset him..."
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-04-23 at 10:23 AM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Pixie in the Playground

"Ah...About that, Sh...She-rri-"

Shougo coughed, clearly having difficulty pronouncing Shellie's name, before remembering that Western names had the first name and surnames switched around and correcting himself.

"Ti-ye-geru-san."

Yep. Shougo had just managed to mangle the pronunciation of Shellie's name horribly. He did continue, however, pressing the screen of his smartphone ineffectually while explaining the nature of his predicament. Calm, he told himself, she was just an ordinary schoolkid, just like he was. There was no point pondering over the fact that she may well be a foreign ambassador, nor the strange coincidence that she happened to be at the same school as he was. Yes. An ordinary schoolgirl. Whom he was conversing with in a very informal manner, as if he were a close friend He took another deep breath as a blast of snow covered the pair of them in flecks of white.

"I ... Yes, I do require help. Just to send a message to Ishida Tobio, asking him if he would like to come to my place tomorrow afternoon. This new gadget I have been given is far behind my comprehension. I suppose in time I shall become used to it, but I humbly request your ass-iss..."

He glanced over his shoulder and noticed the mist forming in the air over it. Then he felt the warmth of her body behind him; she was close, terribly close. Shougo froze. Was this an aspect of American culture, he wondered? To be so informal and to have such physical closeness, even between strangers? The thought made the deeply traditional Shougo highly uncomfortable, but he swallowed his fear and continued, albeit with trembling voice and sweaty palms.

The voice in his head berated him for his illogical bout of fear, but it was soon crushed by his overwhelming sense of propriety. Moroe was absolutely right; Shougo was very sensitive to such things and did not handle them very well.

"Y...Your assistance, Tiyegeru-dono-I mean, -san. I co...could call him also, but he may be busy. Ishida-san is often out on Judgement duty, and I would not want to d...disturb him."

He finished by exhaling deeply, as if he had given some nerve-wracking public speech, before edging away - Just slightly, and thrusting his phone out at Shellie, head bowed and arms outstretched. He really was a strange fellow; there was no doubt about that. The mannerisms he had were outdated to the tune of two hundred years, he had a long, red scarf which contrasted sharply with his normally muted clothes, his voice had an odd flange to it, and he did not appear to have taken any damage at all from that fall. Before Shellie would have had time to really process Shougo's request, however, a strong bout of wind would have forced the two of them into cover. Shougo, being born and raised here and healthier than he had ever been at any point in his life, was more or less unaffected by the cold, but the sudden chill might have found its way through Shellie's thick clothing and made her teeth chatter. This place was cold, every bit as cold as Glasgow in winter, and her thin body would likely be hard put to enduring the winter in the open.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2014-04-24 at 08:54 AM.

12. - Top - End - #192

"It's Nimori-san! Damn it, she made the same mistake with me!"

Even Shellie's enhanced hearing likely wouldn't hear that comment. The speaker was in an apartment some distance away, looking at a small hand-held screen. One of Ishimaru Moroe's eyebrows twitched as (via droid surveillance) she observed Shellie getting overly familiar. She'd chosen a bad time to check in on the 'Shougo cam'.

"And why is she looking so closely over his shoulder? Can't she see that he's really sensitive to things like that? She'd better not upset him..."
    "I do hope you realize, Master, that it is rather bizarre of you to keep such close watch on Nimori-san when he is perfectly capable of taking care of himself."

Hajime walked out of the door, holding two cups of hot chocolate, offering one to the girl sitting at the desk. "It is not as if Nimori-san knows of your activities, and I doubt he would approve of your eyes on his person in case of danger - he would rather you be protected."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Tokiwadai - Cafe

"Mhmm!" Shizuka takes one last drink of her tea, smiling back. "So when are you free? We'll need to do some planning about what we're gonna do exactly."
    Hmm... how about some time tomorrow?
    Shantelle suggests, smiling slightly
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    "I do hope you realize, Master, that it is rather bizarre of you to keep such close watch on Nimori-san when he is perfectly capable of taking care of himself."

Hajime walked out of the door, holding two cups of hot chocolate, offering one to the girl sitting at the desk. "It is not as if Nimori-san knows of your activities, and I doubt he would approve of your eyes on his person in case of danger - he would rather you be protected."
    Moroe stared incredulously at the bringer of hot chocolate. She could hardly believe her ears. Was Hajime of all people calling her out on this?

"Hajime, your entire life revolves around guarding a trained assassin who thinks you should abandon her! And unlike me, you know for a fact that your target feels that way: Because she tells you so every day! So unless you want me to write 'hypocrite' on your forehead in permanent marker, kindly don't pass judgement on my creepy stalking!"

With that, Moroe snatched the offered beverage and returned to Shougowatching. She also motioned for Hajime to sit down beside her: Because being furious with him was no excuse for skipping their evening quality time. Also, she suspected that this anger wouldn't last long. For some reason, it was really hard to stay mad at Hajime.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-04-26 at 09:04 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hmm... how about some time tomorrow?
    Shantelle suggests, smiling slightly
    Tokiwadai - Cafe

"Sounds good!" Shizuka smiles back. "We can meet back here, okay?"

"Oh, I'll give you my number too."
    She takes a scrap of paper and scrawls out a phone number, pushing it across the table to Shantelle.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"My spongelike brain awaits your instruction, sens-Oh, not again! And I'd been getting so much better lately!"

Kin had just noticed Crocell's predicament. Despite all the control exercises she'd been doing, her ability (like Kin herself) still had a rebellious streak. Calming herself, she closed her eyes and concentrated. A few seconds later, Crocell was released from his not-particularly-sinister prison of hugging. As always, Kin looked distinctly embarrassed by the incident.

"A-at least I can usually end it quicker now. It's been ages since anyone's been forced to hold my hand for hours..."
    Crocell chuckles as Kin manages to control her power to release him, feeling distinctly proud of her. Almost on instinct he gently ruffled her hair good naturedly. It was only for a few seconds before he stopped. Kin would be able o see a proud smile on his face.

"Well you may still slip up sometimes but your still doing better. And that's all you. You worked your butt off to get better control of their powers, and you succeeded. So don't worry so much about your mess ups. Think about how far you've come. If I'm proud of you progress you should be too."

17. - Top - End - #197

Tokiwadai - Cafe

"Sounds good!" Shizuka smiles back. "We can meet back here, okay?"

"Oh, I'll give you my number too."
    She takes a scrap of paper and scrawls out a phone number, pushing it across the table to Shantelle.
    Ok!
    Shantelle, smiling, takes the number and gives Shizuka her's as well!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

"[COLOR="Olive"]Ah...About that, Sh...She-rri... *cough* uh, Ti-ye-geru-san...
    Is it really that hard? People usually have a better time pronouncing than spelling it, at least... wait, did I get his name backwards? Only if he was switching it around trying to accommodate me, I think... shoot, I can't remember.

"Yes, I do require help. Just to send a message to Ishida Tobio, asking him if he would like to come to my place tomorrow afternoon. This new gadget I have been given is far behind my comprehension. I suppose in time I shall become used to it, but I humbly request y...Your assistance, Tiyegeru-dono-I mean, -san. I co...could call him also, but he may be busy. Ishida-san is often out on Judgement duty, and I would not want to d...disturb him."

He finished by exhaling deeply, as if he had given some nerve-wracking public speech, before edging away - Just slightly, and thrusting his phone out at Shellie, head bowed and arms outstretched. He really was a strange fellow; there was no doubt about that.

Before Shellie would have had time to really process Shougo's request, however, a strong bout of wind would have forced the two of them into cover. Shougo, being born and raised here and healthier than he had ever been at any point in his life, was more or less unaffected by the cold, but the sudden chill might have found its way through Shellie's thick clothing and made her teeth chatter. This place was cold.
    Shellie steps back a bit when she notices Nimori's discomfort. How embarrassing... she doesn't usually invade everyone's personal space so easily, but for some reason she seems to have that inclination right now. The cold is probably a factor; even with her jacket and earmuffs on, Shellie'd be lying if she said that standing right up next to him didn't feel really nice in this weather...

She stares off into space pondering this perhaps a beat longer than necessary, until the breeze snaps them both out of the awkward, nervous pause.

"Oh! Um, right. Let's... get out of the wind... If you know his number, you can save him as a contact so you can just call him in one tap. Here, I'll show you..."

The two idiots duck under the awning of a nearby storefront - that of a small, 'Curious,' book store. It seems to have closed early today.

She holds the phone out in front of Shougo so he can see it while she navigates the menus and explains what she's doing, trying to be as polite and gentle as possible with the sensitive lad. "See, this is the recent calls list; it has all of the numbers that you have called recently, mixed in with the numbers of people who called you. It makes it easy to call someone back if you miss it. If you click this menu symbol, you can save the information and label it with Tobio's name, like this..."

The demonstration has a side effect of giving Shougo a logical reason to draw closer than is usually comfortable, which Shellie counts as a win. She ends up putting Tobio and any others of his favorite contacts on the front page of the menu for easy access, and tries not to mention how this also leads to easy butt-dialing.

"Do you think you get it? Here, try selecting his name and typing the message you want to send to him."
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2014-04-28 at 12:21 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

Crocell chuckles as Kin manages to control her power to release him, feeling distinctly proud of her. Almost on instinct he gently ruffled her hair good naturedly. It was only for a few seconds before he stopped. Kin would be able o see a proud smile on his face.

"Well you may still slip up sometimes but your still doing better. And that's all you. You worked your butt off to get better control of their powers, and you succeeded. So don't worry so much about your mess ups. Think about how far you've come. If I'm proud of you progress you should be too."
    "E-easy there. If you lavish too much praise on me now, there'll be none left for when I really start doing well."

These words were spoken while Kin awkwardly scrutinised the tops of her own shoes. At times like this, she treated Crocell more like a beloved mentor than an equal. Still looking down, she hastily finished off the last surviving morsels of food, then stood up and brushed the crumbs off her uniform.

"A-anyway, are we ready to go? I think we should be heading back soon..."

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

{OOC: Okay, this thread's getting dangerously slow. I'm just going to go ahead and move on.}

The remainder of Moroe's evening was a mixture of conversation, schoolwork and gun maintenance. Her phone remained blessedly silent throughout. She'd been half expecting a call from the Powers that Be, telling her to go sit on some icy rooftop all night. Though given the nightmares she'd been having lately, an excuse to stay awake might have been welcome. Instead, Moroe reluctantly went to bed once she could find no more firearms to clean. Her sleep was not pleasant.

She awoke early, accompanied (as usual) by a profound sense of loss. She wondered how long it would take for that feeling to go away. Soon enough Moroe had showered, dressed, ate, and headed off to school. Thus began yet another day...

21. - Top - End - #201

[Tokiwadai - Outside the Cafe]

The next day finds Otosaki Shizuka sitting on a bench outside of Bittersweet's Cafe. She's dressed in a freshly cleaned Tokiwadai uniform, still smelling of detergent. Glancing at her watch, she stares out into the people walking on the streets, waiting for a certain glass-shaping friend.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2014-04-30 at 09:16 PM.
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[THE NEXT DAY, BEFORE CLASSES START...]

Eli is a much different kid today than he ever has been, though not for the reasons one might expect. He's starting his education at Onizuka today, which means homework and studying and all of the things he normally hates about school. He wears a stupid-looking translator around his neck that threatens to peek out and expose itself from beneath his shirt collar at the slightest wrong move. His back is burdened with a bag filled with whatever materials might be required of him. The one thing that allows him to defy the usual despair that all of these things would carry with them is the knowledge that this school is different, and its students are bred to be something greater than just book-smart yes men (and women). Onizuka is a school for psychics, and Eli Matthews is determined to become one of the best.

For that reason alone does the foreign boy hold his head high, an aura of almost-palpable confidence around him, as he approaches the middle school's grounds, joining the throng of students as they crowd into the main entrance and get on their individual ways to their classes. He'll scan some nearby faces casually as he passes, wondering if he'll run into any of the kids he met yesterday...

23. - Top - End - #203

[Tokiwadai - Outside the Cafe]

The next day finds Otosaki Shizuka sitting on a bench outside of Bittersweet's Cafe. She's dressed in a freshly cleaned Tokiwadai uniform, still smelling of detergent. Glancing at her watch, she stares out into the people walking on the streets, waiting for a certain glass-shaping friend.
    Hello.
    Shantelle walks over, clad in a clean uniform.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    For that reason alone does the foreign boy hold his head high, an aura of almost-palpable confidence around him, as he approaches the middle school's grounds, joining the throng of students as they crowd into the main entrance and get on their individual ways to their classes. He'll scan some nearby faces casually as he passes, wondering if he'll run into any of the kids he met yesterday...
    He would indeed. Over there, for instance, was the helpful yet hostile girl who'd guided Eli through the school before. She was standing off to one side of the crowd, waiting for it to pass; Along with the strangely blank boy who always seemed to follow her around. When she caught sight of Eli, she gave him the slightest of nods: One which admitted that he existed, but refused to commit itself further.

25. - Top - End - #205

Hello.
    Shantelle walks over, clad in a clean uniform.
    Tokiwadai - Cafe

Shizuka brightens and smiling softly at Shantelle. "Ah, hello. Um, do you wanna go anywhere in particular?"

26. - Top - End - #206

Tokiwadai - Cafe

Shizuka brightens and smiling softly at Shantelle. "Ah, hello. Um, do you wanna go anywhere in particular?"
    Shantelle shakesher head, grinning.
    Up to you, Shizuka.
    She replies cheerfully
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #207

Tokiwadai

It was a new day. Her first day back in a while, actually. Krystal was excited. Not because she was back in school. No, that was never exciting. It was the fact that she was going to see her friends for the first time in a while. Kin and Crocell. Hopefully, they were getting along a little better than when she left.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

28. - Top - End - #208

Shantelle shakesher head, grinning.
    Up to you, Shizuka.
    She replies cheerfully
    [Tokiwadai - Cafe]

Shizuka stands up and grins. "I know a place that's pretty out of the way for us to practice in peace and quiet."

29. - Top - End - #209
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[HALLS OF ONIZUKA, BEFORE CLASS]

He would indeed. Over there, for instance, was the helpful yet hostile girl who'd guided Eli through the school before. She was standing off to one side of the crowd, waiting for it to pass; Along with the strangely blank boy who always seemed to follow her around. When she caught sight of Eli, she gave him the slightest of nods: One which admitted that he existed, but refused to commit itself further.
    Eli is passing by when he notices the girl from yesterday and her companion standing outside the crowds, probably waiting for them to thin before making their own way through. Part of him thinks to simply return her gesture out of courtesy and just be on his way, recalling that she prefers to avoid meaningless banter, but after confirming that he has a bit of time before classes begin, he decides otherwise and goes and talk to them. He carefully weaves through the wave of students and, once he finds them, says, "[Morning! How's it going?]" It takes a moment for his translation collar to kick in and recite a similar greeting in Japanese, and he suddenly remembers about the language barrier that he continues to face. It wouldn't be quite so bad if the collar didn't make him look and sound like a huge dork...

((For Eli's sake, I hope he picks up on his telepathy skills sooner than later. This quick-fix isn't going to help in every situation. Now I know why you're so concerned about the number of non-native characters in this setting, at least in part...))
    Last edited by ImpSyndrome; 2014-05-02 at 08:53 AM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Pixie in the Playground

[OOC: Sorry about the late reply. Been fairly busy lately.]

Shougo blushed and stammered as Shielle showed him exactly how to use his phone; once again, making him seem like an absolute bumpkin. Which was true: he certainly was. His trainers in the Ascendancy Institution often commented that he was 'born two hundred years too late', much to their simultaneous amusement and chagrin (and to his embarrassment). He was even more embarrassed when he had to draw in closer to view what she was doing. How indecent this all was - Their breaths, misting in the freezing air, were mingling together. He only knew her name - And she was a foreigner; a pretty one his age, no less!

Shougo had to actively fight his desire to apologise profusely and bolt.

That would simply not do. He was, after all, going to represent Academy City.

He gathered his shaking courage and spoke once more, his mind straining to remember every word of what she had said.

"A...Ah, truly, thank you, Tiyegeru-san. You make it seem so easy; this humble one -"

Ah. He'd switched to 'Sessha' - The humblest form of self-addressing, again.

"I mean, I - I have such trouble understanding technology. I am in your debt."

He paused momentarily. Was she shivering? Yes, she was cold; and frighteningly thin, now that he got a closer look at her. His heart was hammering in his chest at how close she was. Once again, he found himself almost frozen in place, unsure of how to act (with the little voice in his head sighing exasperatedly at him, of course), before, without even realising it, he had taken off his thick winter jacket and handed it to Shellie. This would keep her warm; this was made specifically to keep in the heat and keep out the cold, a small, useful gift given to him by Academy City for finishing the obstacle course in record time. It was reasonably comfortable on him, but it would be far more useful on someone like her.

"Here. You are cold, Tiyegeru-san. Please, accept this as my thanks."

Shougo stretched in an attempt to loosen his tenseness, feeling the crisp winter air blow through and around him. It was not unpleasant; his father had frequently taken him out running in weather like this. Funny - The memory of it no longer brought him to the edge of tears, although it still left him longing for those times. He supposed his heart was finally healing. His father would be proud, he thought. Maybe one day he could become a man worthy of bearing his name.

"Would you like me to walk you back home? The streets can sometimes be a little dangerous here..."

He trailed off. What was he thinking? This was utterly inappropriate, and his face flared with redness as he chastised himself for his untoward actions. But it was a little too late for that now; perhaps she wouldn't notice? That was how Americans (and he did not realise she was not, in fact, American) did things, or so he had heard. Everyone was very close, despite the space everyone seemed to have. He bit his tongue and continued.

"And, ah ... I have not seen you in Onizuka Middle School before. Are you new to Academy City? I hope we have given you a warm welcome; we are honoured by your presence. I myself am in Class 25C. If it would please you, our space on the rooftop at lunch is always open to you."

Wait, rooftop? How would anyone get up there?

Meanwhile, Shougo was internally cursing and on the verge of panic. He hope that she'd decline him politely; he wasn't quite sure why he'd said what he'd said. It would be a dreadful embarrassment to have to show her how to get up onto the rooftop, only for her to find out that 'us' really just consisted of him and Tobio.