1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Spontaneous Diviner/Conjurer Base Class

I'm putting together a series of pre-planned games, and I'm looking for a base class along the line of Dread Necro/Warmage/Beguiler, but with a focus on Divination and Conjuration.

Anybody know of a homebrew like this or similar to this?
    I'm willing to compromise on how the character works if it's more like a warlock, factotum, etc. The important thing is that it has innate/sorcerous Divination and Conjuration abilities.

I'm also open to other ideas of a 3rd character based on the 3-person game:
    The first two characters are a Binder and a modified Truenamer. They are old friends, and the Truenamer helps the Binder to find, create, or otherwise acquire Vestiges. Each year, they get together to find a new vestige, and the Truenamer will be researching appropriate truenames to help on the quest. they have a 3rd friend that helps them to discern the next step, how to get places they need to go, and fill in the gaps of what to do. He's basically a Pre-cognitive Planewalker.
    Last edited by Falcon X; 2014-04-02 at 03:49 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Spontaneous Diviner/Conjurer Base Class

The spontaneous Conjuration bit could be done by Jiriku's Summoner. However, he lacks any real divination ability besides Contact Other Plane (although might be all he needs for your purposes).

Note that the tables have not been updated since the forum format change.
    Trissociate: 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Theoretical Optimization Amusements
    Emerald Legion A Mind Flayer's guide to creating near-invincible super soldiers.
    Spellblade Tennis Throw out nigh infinite spells per round.
    Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy nigh infinite melee damage exploit.

Minor Accolades
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbrown View Post
    so deliciously flavorful
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeron View Post
    Bravo Bravo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansaschaser View Post
    I think you just saved my city.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Spontaneous Diviner/Conjurer Base Class

This looks close to what I want, thanks. I might use it as a base class and look through some Prestiges.

Actually, that post linked to this one: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ass-The-Caller, which I like a bit better in general. Might have to merge the two's spell lists though. This one is lacking.
    Last edited by Falcon X; 2014-04-03 at 01:22 AM.