New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Watchtower & HALO Unification Tournament - Now Open to Everyone

"I'm a guy with a bunch of pieces of sharp metal. Still no." Kal frowns. If the girl's abilities were anything at all like magic, the fight would be terribly one-sided. And Kal didn't want to be the one hitting a helpless schoolgirl repeatedly with a sword in front of a bunch of do-gooders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Arena 1

As the lightsabre flies past his head, Hungerfist reaches up to bat it away instinctively. If it works or not, he ignores it, so it burns the back of his head when it comes back and he grunts. The ogre smiles, approaching cautiously and preparing to launch a very fast punch at Trucido's head.
    Darth Calamity growls in anger as his lightsaber appears to barely even injure the beast. He was so used to the idea that even a single strike of his magnificent blades was fatal. The blade eventually flies back to him, but Trucido doesn't even bother to grab the hilt of his finely built blade. He's a bit preoccupied with the ogre's powerful offense. He scowls as the fist flies towards him, knowing full well that a single blow from the monster to his head would knock him out in seconds. However... Trucido relied on other things than simply his blades... As the ogre's fist swings close to him, Trucido aims his now open right hand at Hungerfist's hand, attempting to use the force to hold the punch at bay, while simultaneously having the power he wields crush the fist... attempting to not only keep the monster at bay, but to break it's hand's bones. He grunts out a brief exclamation as he uses his power. Size... Ugh.... Matters not to a Sith. You are but an ant in the view of The Force...

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    "I'm a guy with a bunch of pieces of sharp metal. Still no." Kal frowns. If the girl's abilities were anything at all like magic, the fight would be terribly one-sided. And Kal didn't want to be the one hitting a helpless schoolgirl repeatedly with a sword in front of a bunch of do-gooders.
    Misaka smiles.
    And I'm a girl who launches metal objects at three times the speed of sound.
    She replies confidently
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Arena I

The ogre grimaces in pain when its punch is stopped, but ogre bones are much thicker and denser than human bones; they don't break easily, and ogres have less pain receptors than a human built on a similar scale. That said, they are breaking- just not quickly. Hungerfist keeps the metal-plated hand where it is, as his other one lashes out at a similar speed. The ogre is hoping that Trucido's attention is focussed on the hand he's already stopped and doesn't notice the new one aimed at his head.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Kal blinks.
    "Cool. I automatically lose. Well done. Go away."

6. - Top - End - #66

[Arena II]

If Tovpir wants, he can face the astral hounds described in post #12, since Recaiden seems to have dropped out of that scene (and even if he hasn't, it doesn't matter, there can be multiple packs of hounds or something).
    [Arena II]
    Tovpir is ready. as said he either fights PC's or Monster. Since people don't kill here, he should be fine. Still he is a more defensive type due to be of Stone. He will wait for the hounds to at least come closer
    ((Recaiden said he can't post often right now so I think he just didn't got the time))

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post

Katherine looks at her quizzically.
    What's Electricity?
    Huh.
    Gess that explains it

Med Tent

Mia is siletn for amoment.

"Well, You ever watched a storm? The lightnings coming from the clouds are the most known kind of electricity, in their rawr form. With it we are able to run light and machines like him."
    She points at MDM behind her who currently is pushing some boxes around.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #67

Kal blinks.
    "Cool. I automatically lose. Well done. Go away."
    Fine. *sigh*.
    Misaka leaves!
    A short while later, Kal may be approached by Katherine, a 17 year old girl with dhort red hair, brown eyes, a muscular form, and Caucasian tanned skin clad in an unusual outfit.
    you wouldn't be up for a sparring match would you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Arena II]
    Tovpir is ready. as said he either fights PC's or Monster. Since people don't kill here, he should be fine. Still he is a more defensive type due to be of Stone. He will wait for the hounds to at least come closer
    ((Recaiden said he can't post often right now so I think he just didn't got the time))

Med Tent

Mia is siletn for amoment.

"Well, You ever watched a storm? The lightnings coming from the clouds are the most known kind of electricity, in their rawr form. With it we are able to run light and machines like him."
    She points at MDM behind her who currently is pushing some boxes around.
    Oh! Neat!
    I'll have to look into that sometime.
    She replies
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Arena I

Ouch, empathy strikes are never fun to deal with. Marcus grunts as he feels a bit of the damage he just inflicted on Thariza, barely able to counter with his shield in time. The Runes allow him to keep his balance, but he won't manage an attack of his own. Instead, he backpedals several feet, dropping the spear and drawing his gladius.
    Thariza's assault has been stopped for now. She backs away, looking for a hole in Marcus' defences.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #69

Refreshments Tent

"If you're out for a fight, just say." The knight taps a finger against the saber on his belt, all pretense of mock-pleasantly gone as Therlynn describes her eating habits. "But I'm no wild animal. I won't cut you down here."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Refreshment Tent

Therlynn grins wildly, with a gleam in her eye, and she says, "Well, then. It would be a shame to waste these fine facilities, would it not? Shall we adjourn to Arena I and do this officially?"

11. - Top - End - #71

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Refreshment Tent

Therlynn grins wildly, with a gleam in her eye, and she says, "Well, then. It would be a shame to waste these fine facilities, would it not? Shall we adjourn to Arena I and do this officially?"
    Suddenly...
    Hey!
    A man clad in leather armor worn over a blue sweater and black leggings with leather boots, a sylphlike figure, and insectoid wings sprouting from his back, enters. A quiver of arrows hangs from his waist and a bow is on his back. He has unruly red hair and a wolfish face.
    You think they allow two on two fights here, hon?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #72

[Refreshments Tent]

"Don't know and can't care." The knight brushes the sylph aside as he pushes his way out the tent, barely sparing a second glance for him nor Lynn. "This's personal." His entourage of squires are soon to follow as he heads for the arena, grabbing treats off the table as they leave.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-04-11 at 06:39 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

[Refreshment Tent]

Therlynn kisses Eyros on the cheek and says, "Sorry, love. This one's personal...I want to do this myself." With that, she jogs to the Arena to meet the Knight and decide the conditions.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arena II]

The hounds seem to be quite patient for the moment. They advance slowly, sizing up stone scorpion and flanking him, but not pouncing immediately.

[Kal]

Kal shrugs.
    "I don't know. Can you instantly blow up my head with a supersonic projectile you propelled with your mind?"
    Kal may or may not be starting to think that coming to this tournament was a bad idea.

15. - Top - End - #75

[Arena II]

The hounds seem to be quite patient for the moment. They advance slowly, sizing up stone scorpion and flanking him, but not pouncing immediately.

[Kal]

Kal shrugs.
    "I don't know. Can you instantly blow up my head with a supersonic projectile you propelled with your mind?"
    Kal may or may not be starting to think that coming to this tournament was a bad idea.
    Uh... nope. Katherine Surgius, member of the 104th Recruit Legion.
    Katherine puts her right fist over her heart and he left arm behind her back, standing up straight. Her 3d maneuver gear hangs from her hips with her kenn blades sheathed.
    I'm a swordfighter, actually.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kal]

"That works for me." Kal smiles slightly and hefts his two swords. Of course he's not going to use them both at once. They're just his two different options.
    "Shall we move to the arena?"

17. - Top - End - #77

[Kal]

"That works for me." Kal smiles slightly and hefts his two swords. Of course he's not going to use them both at once. They're just his two different options.
    "Shall we move to the arena?"
    The girl nods.
    Sure!
    Katherine draws her kenn, and walks with him to the arena.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arena I]

Kal walks towards the arena, examining Katherine's swords. When they get there, he'll pull off his right gauntlet, and then remove the right sleeve of his coat, which appears to be attached by clasps at the shoulder. When he's done, his entire right arm is bare, revealing his well-developed muscles. His left arm is still fully covered.

He places his gauntlet and sleeve on the ground by the longsword, and picks up the rapier, which he draws. It's well crafted, with a protective basket hilt and slim, meter-long blade, but also completely plain and very new looking. Not an heirloom or long-used weapon by any means. It's also razor sharp, which Kal notes grimly as he swishes it experimentally. He'll have to be careful and restrain himself to only the lightest of touches.

"Shall we go to first blood?" He says, stepping to the side of the arena.

19. - Top - End - #79

[Arena I]

Kal walks towards the arena, examining Katherine's swords. When they get there, he'll pull off his right gauntlet, and then remove the right sleeve of his coat, which appears to be attached by clasps at the shoulder. When he's done, his entire right arm is bare, revealing his well-developed muscles. His left arm is still fully covered.

He places his gauntlet and sleeve on the ground by the longsword, and picks up the rapier, which he draws. It's well crafted, with a protective basket hilt and slim, meter-long blade, but also completely plain and very new looking. Not an heirloom or long-used weapon by any means. It's also razor sharp, which Kal notes grimly as he swishes it experimentally. He'll have to be careful and restrain himself to only the lightest of touches.

"Shall we go to first blood?" He says, stepping to the side of the arena.
    Sounds good. Mind if I dual wield?
    Katherine asks, stepping to the other side.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arena]

"Go ahead."
    Kal stands in a defensive position, holding his rapier with his right hand in front of him.

21. - Top - End - #81

[Arena]

"Go ahead."
    Kal stands in a defensive position, holding his rapier with his right hand in front of him.
    As soon as he holds up the blade, Katherine rushes at him, left facing him.
    She leaps and slashes down at him with her two blades, aiming to hit the arm, and land behind him.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Thariza's assault has been stopped for now. She backs away, looking for a hole in Marcus' defences.
    Marcus decides to press forward with his own aggressive approach, stabbing the air with his blade and sending red bolts of energy at Thariza, trying to keep her off kilter.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83

[Watching the match of swords between Kal and Katherine]

Conrack, another person whose name starts with a hard K sound, is here and watches the match. Why, yes, he's been here at the tournament the whole time. Obviously.

Even though he recently lost his weapons at AMEN, he...might have new ones. I don't know. Maybe.

He looks like a man with a wolf's head for his head, and he has a lot of scars, and he wears a cape. He's also pretty retired, so grey hair exists, too.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2014-04-11 at 11:37 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #84

[Arena - Therlynn]

The knight draws his sword and casts the scabbard aside as they step onto the sand of the arena, flicking the silvered blade through the air in a quick arc that brings him into fencer's stance. He has a good form, one quite evidently well-practiced, but perhaps a bit mismatched to the actual weapon; A curved French brisquet, not the sort of saber typically used for the quick, light strikes of a fencing style.

"Here's how. You'll stay a human, and use a blade for our fight." The man barks, glancing to where his followers gather in the stands. Coin passes between them, with words indecipherable at this distance, and the knight smirks." "But I'll let you choose. Do we fight to first blood, or 'till someone begs for mercy?"
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-04-12 at 12:03 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

As soon as he holds up the blade, Katherine rushes at him, left facing him.
    She leaps and slashes down at him with her two blades, aiming to hit the arm, and land behind him.
    [Arena I]

Kal steps forward, dodging the blow neatly has he spins to face Katherine. He moves with practiced poise and precision, though his handling of the sword is slightly awkward, as if rusty. He thrusts neatly at Katherine, aiming to land a light tap with the razor sharp tip of his blade on her collarbone.

26. - Top - End - #86

Oh! Neat!
    I'll have to look into that sometime.
    She replies
    Med Tent

"I can just assume your from a low tech world when electricity is unkown to you. I can tell you that people have made good use of it and the normal life got much more easier that way. Since your tool runs on gas, I belive you will need to upgrade it or build something totally new to get access to our energy source."

[Arena II]

[Kal]

Kal shrugs.
    [Arena II]

Tovpir is nit realy willing to let them both flank him so he moves backwards, closer to the edge of the rings. His string is up, pointing from one enemy to the the other while he looks between them. He will wait until either they attack or one of them get's close enougth for Tovpir to lunge forward and hit them with the string.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2014-04-12 at 04:30 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [Arena - Therlynn]

The knight draws his sword and casts the scabbard aside as they step onto the sand of the arena, flicking the silvered blade through the air in a quick arc that brings him into fencer's stance. He has a good form, one quite evidently well-practiced, but perhaps a bit mismatched to the actual weapon; A curved French brisquet, not the sort of saber typically used for the quick, light strikes of a fencing style.

"Here's how. You'll stay a human, and use a blade for our fight." The man barks, glancing to where his followers gather in the stands. Coin passes between them, with words indecipherable at this distance, and the knight smirks." "But I'll let you choose. Do we fight to first blood, or 'till someone begs for mercy?"
    [Arena - Therlynn]

Therlynn gives him a Look, and says, "Why would I agree to losing my main fighting styles? Here's what we're going to do: Until one of us begs for mercy, no other restrictions. If you can't beat a werewolf using her full power, go complain to Hannod or whatever his name was. I'm sure he'll be very pleased to hear one of his followers can't deal with his main prey."

28. - Top - End - #88

((Thinking up reply for you Zefir))

[Arena I]

Kal steps forward, dodging the blow neatly has he spins to face Katherine. He moves with practiced poise and precision, though his handling of the sword is slightly awkward, as if rusty. He thrusts neatly at Katherine, aiming to land a light tap with the razor sharp tip of his blade on her collarbone.
    Katherine brings a blade up to block, and swings the other to lightly cut his arm.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Arena I

Decker is in the crowd, to cheer on Kal. Her hair and horns haven't grown back, so she's wearing a poorly fitting wig. Go Kal!

Spoiler: Decker in a wig
    Show
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #90

[Arena- Therlynn]

The knight's stance slackens, glaring back at Therlynn in exasperation.
    "And I won't play with a dog who bites, when I can't kill." Hardly a fair fight, that. "You'll fight like a human does. Or you walk away without your revenge."