New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Watchtower & HALO Unification Tournament - Now Open to Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Arena I]

Thariza is taken by surprise. She followed Marcus as he retreated, but she didn't expect him to pull off such a trick. The beam goes through her and she stops, yelling in pain. She goes down to one knee.
    Arena I

Marcus readies his blade for another attack, though this would just be from the sword itself, the mental triggering of a rune seems to have drained some of his energy. As sweat begins to bead up on his forehead, he offers Thariza a chance to end the duel now. HALOite Thariza, you have fought admirably, but I believe we can both agree that I have taken the field today. Yield now an rest. He speaks confidently, with just a slight hint of his natural Scottish burr invading his accent.

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Amelia grins and holds a hand up infront of her. A sword made of solid light appears in her hand. "I am lucky enough to always have my favored weapons close at hand." She explains before letting go of the sword and letting it fade away into nothingness. "I'm not even sure if I really want to fight here anyways." She is sort of releuctant. Fighting is her only source of income at the moment, and taking on a fight for free probably isn't going to help her in any real way. Still she does like a good challange.
    Vynris laughs, impressed with her armament, Hahaha! Come, come, we'll make a wager. Say, 100 [some recognized form of currency] to the winner? Sound fair? His sword carries veins of a rare materiel which allows him to give his own blade a thin laser-layer, so he isn't particularly concerned by her hardlight weaponry. Naturally, I'll forgo my frost and laser pistols...the shield too, if you like. He offers, indicating the guns with his free hand.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Hayden

Sophia, the woman I currently have an avatar of, walks up to Hayden with amusement in her eyes.
    I may, but it depends. Can the arena hold something giant-sized?
    "Provided you only grow vertically so much, but keep in mind challenger. that just because you get larger doesn't mean your arena will. As sure I am that I could best a person the size of a planet, a ring out is a ring out."

Hayden says with a boisterous laugh, dazzling artificial white teeth flashing a smile as he continues.

"Make yourself as big or small as you wish. Nothing can escape the grasp of true justice, and in a battle between warriors. Victory goes to those with courage!"

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    ((Ark I just assume you got no intressed in continue the scene with Mia))

[Medical Tent] -> [Arena 1]

Mia and another robot that isn't MDM head out to the arena. They won't interfer into the fight right now, but they are ready to give first Aid and carry the person to the MedTent in case it's needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
    "Provided you only grow vertically so much, but keep in mind challenger. that just because you get larger doesn't mean your arena will. As sure I am that I could best a person the size of a planet, a ring out is a ring out."

Hayden says with a boisterous laugh, dazzling artificial white teeth flashing a smile as he continues.

"Make yourself as big or small as you wish. Nothing can escape the grasp of true justice, and in a battle between warriors. Victory goes to those with courage!"
    Sophia smiles mischievously
    Alright, let's spar then!

- - - Updated - - -

((sorry, no inspiration))
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Vynris laughs, impressed with her armament, Hahaha! Come, come, we'll make a wager. Say, 100 [some recognized form of currency] to the winner? Sound fair? His sword carries veins of a rare materiel which allows him to give his own blade a thin laser-layer, so he isn't particularly concerned by her hardlight weaponry. Naturally, I'll forgo my frost and laser pistols...the shield too, if you like. He offers, indicating the guns with his free hand.
    Amelia thinks about it juggling a few numbers in her head. We'll say gold coin, Amelia's favorite currancy. 100 coin would put a pretty big dent in her savings. No actually it would wipe it out. Then again if she wins she could easily double her money. "Alright that sounds fair enough. Keep your shield I will try to make sure you need it." She says with an easy grin. She is tempted to let him keep his guns as well, but since she now has her savings on the line she isn't going to give him any advantages.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

[Arena I]

Thariza nods wearily.

"I wasn't expecting such a trick. I yield."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #126

Amelia thinks about it juggling a few numbers in her head. We'll say gold coin, Amelia's favorite currancy. 100 coin would put a pretty big dent in her savings. No actually it would wipe it out. Then again if she wins she could easily double her money. "Alright that sounds fair enough. Keep your shield I will try to make sure you need it." She says with an easy grin. She is tempted to let him keep his guns as well, but since she now has her savings on the line she isn't going to give him any advantages.
    Then haiku your face to my blade! He calls, jogging into the nearest unoccupied arena. He sheds his pistols aside, leaving them in a secure location before drawing his sword. At the flick of his thumb, the weapon glows green, humming with energy. Make sure you don't break your weapons on it. This shield can take a beating. He chuckles as he bangs his exten-quedea against the beskar shield.
    [Arena I]

Thariza nods wearily.

"I wasn't expecting such a trick. I yield."
    Arena I

The red glow dulls significantly as the legionnaire sheaths his blade and offers her a hand up. Twas well fought. I did not expect you to have such strong defenses
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Command Tent]

"A strong, high-ranking HALO member with combat experience," Wenomir says. "No preferences beyond that."
    I reckon I fit that description better than most. You want a reference or some bona fides as to my skill? It's hard to tell how serious he is, with that easy-going grin.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

[Arena I]

"Defence is what I do," Thariza says, getting up with Marcus's help. "I'm a defender, not an assault troop. And it was a good fight."

[Command Tent]

Wenomir shrugs.

"I think I can take your word for it. Let's see if KR or Cessie can conjure something suitably impressive."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #129

Arena I

Ah, see, I am an assault troop of sorts. Regardless, it will be an honor to fight by your side. With that, unless stopped, he'll gather up his things and leave to observe the rest of the Tournament.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Command Tent]

Hector gives Sam his IWB holster with his H&K USP45. He keeps his sunglasses and tie on and then follows Wenomir to the two magic women.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Then haiku your face to my blade! He calls, jogging into the nearest unoccupied arena. He sheds his pistols aside, leaving them in a secure location before drawing his sword. At the flick of his thumb, the weapon glows green, humming with energy. Make sure you don't break your weapons on it. This shield can take a beating. He chuckles as he bangs his exten-quedea against the beskar shield.
    Amelia climbs into the arena after him. She looks like she is trying to figure out what he meant with that first phrase. She considers how she could make a short poem with her face and his blade. She doesn't like any of the possibilities that come to mind.

Still she figures this could be an interesting fight. Beyond his laser pistols and his glowing sword this guy seems like he could be squirrely. She stretches out a little bit before striking up a fighting stance. She summons up a blade in both hands one held out in front of her pointing at him, the other behind her back pointing up to the sky.

"Ready when you are."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

12. - Top - End - #132

Amelia climbs into the arena after him. She looks like she is trying to figure out what he meant with that first phrase. She considers how she could make a short poem with her face and his blade. She doesn't like any of the possibilities that come to mind.

Still she figures this could be an interesting fight. Beyond his laser pistols and his glowing sword this guy seems like he could be squirrely. She stretches out a little bit before striking up a fighting stance. She summons up a blade in both hands one held out in front of her pointing at him, the other behind her back pointing up to the sky.

"Ready when you are."
    Squirrely? Whatever could you mean? I assure you, Vynris is comple--Til the life juice weeps...never mind.

He notes her position and raises his shield to cover his torso and jaw, stepping forward. He holds his sword in a vertical line beside his sword. He seems poised to strike, his muscles taut with excitement.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

Amelia grins liking the cut of this guys jib. She nods agreeing to his terms taking it to mean first blood. Never one to keep the crowd waiting she skips forward light on her feet. Her sword striking up high, chopping downwards at his head. Her other sword stays behind her back if all goes to plan.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

14. - Top - End - #134

Amelia grins liking the cut of this guys jib. She nods agreeing to his terms taking it to mean first blood. Never one to keep the crowd waiting she skips forward light on her feet. Her sword striking up high, chopping downwards at his head. Her other sword stays behind her back if all goes to plan.
    Arena 1

Vynris counters the attack with his shield, raising it above his head to block the impending blow. While her side is exposed, he quickly slashes at her ribs with his blade, pulling back at the last minute, just to see how she responds. If able, he'll then leap backwards.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arena 1

Amelia is quick to show off one of her favorite tricks. In the air where his sword is traveling through she summons up a solid bar of light to block the blow. She then will spin around away from the sword. Her other sword coming out and slashing low. Her second sword strikes from above again this time aiming for the arm holding the stopped sword.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

16. - Top - End - #136

Arena 1

You're stirring quite the storm in my tranquil seas! Vynris spins in the opposite direction, pivoting away from the bar of light to block her next blow. This time his shield drops low as he swings it out to guard his legs as his sword counters the downward strike at his head. Unfortunately, he's in no position to make his own attack...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arena 1

You're stirring quite the storm in my tranquil seas! Vynris spins in the opposite direction, pivoting away from the bar of light to block her next blow. This time his shield drops low as he swings it out to guard his legs as his sword counters the downward strike at his head. Unfortunately, he's in no position to make his own attack...
    Amelia is reaching for her attacks at the moment. She isn't going to be able to bring her swords around if she wants to keep her momentum. So she kicks out at Vynris's shield hoping to knock him off balance or maybe even knock his shield out of the way for her next attacks. "Really, never felt calmer myself."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

18. - Top - End - #138

Conrack is...still here, watching the matches. Clapping when appropriate and cheering, too.

If anyone wants to fight against a werewolf-retired mercenary-guy, then go ahead and talk to him. Preferably something thematically appropriate.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #139

Arena 1

Amelia is reaching for her attacks at the moment. She isn't going to be able to bring her swords around if she wants to keep her momentum. So she kicks out at Vynris's shield hoping to knock him off balance or maybe even knock his shield out of the way for her next attacks. "Really, never felt calmer myself."
    Bravo to you, then. He quips, grunting as his shield is struck, knocking him back apace. He slashes blindly with his sword, likely aiming for her torso, hoping the length of his sword would be enough to keep her at bay. My shield is made from an idea, and you can't break ideas! Vynris Valavingee shouts as he tries to regain his footing.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Conrack is...still here, watching the matches. Clapping when appropriate and cheering, too.

If anyone wants to fight against a werewolf-retired mercenary-guy, then go ahead and talk to him. Preferably something thematically appropriate.
    Therlynn strolls up to him and smiles, saying, "Oh. I didn't realize there was another werewolf here. Nice to meet you."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

"Alright then, I believe as the challenger you get to pick which of the arenas we use."

Hayden says gesturing around towards those available, clearly confident enough that he didn't care which she choose, though he knew that she wouldn't be able to pick one with a roof or any of the underground arena's so he'd be able to use his flight anyway it went, barring some insane underwater matchup.

22. - Top - End - #142

"Alright then, I believe as the challenger you get to pick which of the arenas we use."

Hayden says gesturing around towards those available, clearly confident enough that he didn't care which she choose, though he knew that she wouldn't be able to pick one with a roof or any of the underground arena's so he'd be able to use his flight anyway it went, barring some insane underwater matchup.
    Sophia grins, picking the top one.
    I regenerate, so don't hold back.
    How about I lose if I'm brought to my knees, you pose if I manage to grab you?

She proposes to him as they arrive
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[ARENA II]

At some point, a teenage-looking girl in filthy clothing appears near the fenced-off area, apparently just passing by. The sounds of battle pique her interest, though, and she deviates from her planned course, looking in from outside the fence and trying to figure out what's happening. She eventually decides to investigate more closely and enters the tournament grounds, where she learns about the event and the rules regarding the different arenas. Fighting against one of the sponsored opponents sounds like fun, so she requests entrance to Arena II and, assuming that she's allowed to contend, strolls happily into the domed area.

"OK...let's try Hard Mode for starters," she'll say to herself, and her smile will become more of a confident smirk as she prepares to face her foe. Whoever this girl is, she's no stranger to combat, despite her fragile appearance.

((Quick question: does Arena II have grass turf, bare dirt, or some other kind of floor? It's relevant to the character's combat abilities, I swear.))

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Arena 1]

Bravo to you, then. He quips, grunting as his shield is struck, knocking him back apace. He slashes blindly with his sword, likely aiming for her torso, hoping the length of his sword would be enough to keep her at bay. My shield is made from an idea, and you can't break ideas! Vynris Valavingee shouts as he tries to regain his footing.
    She arches her back away from the attack so the blade is short of cutting her torso. One of her swords comes in behind his sword to help push it away as it goes past her. "Sure you can, you just need stronger ideas." And thankfully all her weapons are ideas. She dances forward attacking his shield hoping to keep him on the defense.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

25. - Top - End - #145

[Arena 1]

She arches her back away from the attack so the blade is short of cutting her torso. One of her swords comes in behind his sword to help push it away as it goes past her. "Sure you can, you just need stronger ideas." And thankfully all her weapons are ideas. She dances forward attacking his shield hoping to keep him on the defense.
    Arena I

Only if you can first shatter my resolve... Vynris boldly declares as the tip of his blade kisses the dirt, singeing the soil beneath it. Again he can't hope to succeed with a counterattack...so he'll try it anyways. By flicking his wrist to the side, he attempts to bash Amelia's light blades aside and slam into her with his shield.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Arena 1]

Amelia daces back giving them both a little breathing room. She doubts she can actually break his shield, and getting around it is going to be a problem. So she is going to try another trick. It will depend on Vynris' actions. She hopes that he charges forward to attack her. If he does she will summon up another bar of light, this time placed to cause him to trip as he charges. Of course if he doesn't charge her plan probably won't work.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sophia grins, picking the top one.
    I regenerate, so don't hold back.
    How about I lose if I'm brought to my knees, you pose if I manage to grab you?

She proposes to him as they arrive
    "I'm afraid I don't quite get the wager. Could you explain? Terms of winning and losing? Anything to be classified as "cheating"?"

Hayden says raising an eyebrow, that sentence was a little difficult to parse, perhaps it was just him being from the future.

28. - Top - End - #148

"I'm afraid I don't quite get the wager. Could you explain? Terms of winning and losing? Anything to be classified as "cheating"?"

Hayden says raising an eyebrow, that sentence was a little difficult to parse, perhaps it was just him being from the future.
    Sophia smiles.
    If you manage to topple me, you win. If I manage to grab you, I win. I do have a larger form, remember?
    Cheating is moving out of the arena or going too high to be out of my grasp. I cannot change form more than once. That sound good?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #149

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Therlynn strolls up to him and smiles, saying, "Oh. I didn't realize there was another werewolf here. Nice to meet you."
    [Conversation of the Werewolves]

Conrack turns his attention from the match, towards Therlynn.
    For the sake of simplicity, I'll just repeat his description: he has several scars, is quite old enough to be retired (he is; or, he was), he's wearing a cape, has a sword at his waist, is wearing really cool leather boots, and his head is that of a wolf's. He also has a shirt, but it's very loose.
    Also, pants. Can't forget those.

He smiles. "I'm from WATCHTOWER. I haven't seen you around, so I suppose you're from HALO?" he guesses.

He looks back at the match. "There's quite a lot of capable fighters here, on both sides."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #150

[Arena 1]

Amelia daces back giving them both a little breathing room. She doubts she can actually break his shield, and getting around it is going to be a problem. So she is going to try another trick. It will depend on Vynris' actions. She hopes that he charges forward to attack her. If he does she will summon up another bar of light, this time placed to cause him to trip as he charges. Of course if he doesn't charge her plan probably won't work.
    Arena I

Vynris doesn't charge so much as he leaps forward, cleaving in a wide arc from ground to sky. Naturally, there's quite a bit of force behind the blow should it connect...not that it's likely to, considering the bar of light that just caused him to flip in midair and faceplant...ouch. He takes a knee, but his shield is still at his side, not in any proper position to block an attack.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show