New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Watchtower & HALO Unification Tournament - Now Open to Everyone

[Werewolf Battle]

Therlynn is scratched, and yips in pain, breaking the lock as she viciously claws at Conrack's belly in vengeance!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Werewolf Battle]

Yes! Mouth released.

Conrack is viciously clawed. It's rather sad.

Now, time to throw into the next stage of his plan: throw her off so he can get back up. He curls up his legs in order to press them against Therlynn's waist. After moving them, he kicks as hard as he can, in order to throw(kick) her away from him.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

[Werewolf Battle]

Therlynn is kicked! She flies off of Conrack, but manages to land on all four and growls, but doesn't leap, instead circling the other werewolf, looking for an opening.

4. - Top - End - #184

[Werewolf Battle]

Conrack gets up and turns to continue facing Therlynn, even as she goes around.

Shoot; he's bleeding quite a bit, and the conditions of the match were werewolf-form only...He starts his shift back to Human (well, human with a wolf's head...) form. (His fur turns into a cape of wolf pelt.) His stomach is still bleeding, along with his sides, but now there's not fur to get in the way of it.

He raises his hands in the universal "I surrender" position: in front of him with his palms facing Therlynn. "I give," he says.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[ARENA II: Who Ya Gonna Call?]

The darkness that suddenly blotted out the background of the domed arena is just as suddenly illuminated by hundreds upon hundreds of spherical bullets, forming a glowing wall behind the menacing spirit. With a single gesture, the spirit launches its attack, and dozens of bullets speed forth from the wall, aimed directly at Sasha. The yokai girl whimpers slightly at the overwhelming sight before diving out of the way of the initial volley and preparing to graze the next one. Over the next thirty seconds or so, the battleground becomes a blur of rocketing lights and sharp flits of movement as she somehow maneuvers around the shots. At some point, though, she fails to evade the barrage in time, and the bullets pierce her fragile figure...or do they?

Just for a moment, it seems as though Sasha has met her end. Suddenly, though, her body explodes into a cloud of ash, which swirls around the ground a bit before composing itself into a humanoid shape again. It glows a bit before Sasha leaps forward from it, completely unharmed, and launches herself at the specter. Taken aback by the gambit, it fails to throw up its barrier in time, and she manages to slip into close range. It throws the entire wall of bullets at her in desperation, but the clever dust yokai is too close at this point; she reaches out and grabs the enemy Spell Card, negating its magic and causing the bullets to disappear. What's more, her other hand is free to gather up some of the dust on the arena floor, and after condensing it into a mockery of some spiked knuckles, she strikes the corporeal spirit with a nasty punch, sending it crashing into the side of the dome.

A few seconds pass as the spirit recovers from the attack; the strange darkness around them lifts, and Sasha pockets the Spell Card she just acquired and lets her collection of dust settle, planning to gather it up again if she needs it. Her enemy produces an eerie moan as it regains its composure and prepares another attack. Instead of forming a new pattern, however, it immediately draws forth another Spell Card and activates its effect. As the Japanese symbols on its surface glow brightly, Sasha recognizes it as a magic spell that she's actually seen in action before: "Sonic Wave [Thunderstruck]". Sure enough, the area around the dome darkens once more, and as the spirit snaps its fingers, a sound with form and force similar to a lightning strike explode throughout the area, nearly deafening Sasha and pushing her back against the opposite wall with terrible force, threatening to crush her...

((Bonus points if you see the pattern I'm making with ghost!Chiaki's Spell Cards.))

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

[Werewolf Battle]

Therlynn shifts back to human form and says, "Alright. I accept your surrender...Well fought. I had a good time. You alright?"

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

Approaching Arena One

Someone approaches arena one. She is wearing a black outfit, leather armor from the looks of it. Sturdy boots, leather gloves, long sleeves and a high collar... overall, not an inch of her skin is showing. Her hair is long and brunette, tied back into a ponytail. On her face is a porcelain maiden mask, which hides her face. Overall, there is no way to tell who she is.

There is something more unusual here: anyone looking here will have trouble seeing what she really looks like. They will instead see someone beautiful; whatever they think of as beautiful. She'll have the same outfit, the mask, the proper colors... but whatever feminine body type and body language the viewer thinks of as beautiful, they will see.

This isn't what's really going on, of course. It's actually an illusion, but a very good one. The woman herself isn't all that beautiful, and her body language is eccentric. She walks up to Arena I, curious.

"It's always embarrassing to arrive somewhere late. Ho hum, let us see if they're still taking entries."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[ARENA II: ONE GOOD SPELL DESERVES ANOTHER]

Sasha struggles to pry herself away from the wall as another sonic burst shoves her back at the next snap of the ghost's fingers. At this rate, though, the pure force of each blast of sound threatens to flatten the yokai girl unless she intervenes somehow.

This is when the gloves really come off.

Before the spirit can utilize its spell's effect a third time, the dust yokai pulls a Spell Card of her own from her pocket and summons her own magical might into it, making it glow brightly against the darkness behind her enemy. She declares the spell's name, "Dust Sign [Dirty Bomb]," and launches a volley of large bullets forward with various trajectories. Their speed slows to a crawl near the middle of the arena, where they explode into a multitude of smaller bullets that zip around every which way. The hostile spirit is unable to stop all of the bullets with its shield and ends up taking several minor hits, but what really helps Sasha is a stray shot that rips through its Spell Card, ending its effect and eliminating another of the foe's abilities.

Now the spirit seems genuinely angry. It draws a small spherical shield around itself and charges forward at high speed, apparently planning to ram into Sasha. She manages to get away in time, but as soon as the enemy stops, it fires off a wave of bullets in Sasha's direction before rushing her again. The technique is similar to one of her own spells, but it still takes focus and speed for the dust yokai to graze between the spread of shots while still steering clear of the weaponized shield. She manages to stay one step ahead for a good sixty seconds, although she soon starts to get frustrated, wondering if that barrier would ever disappear.

As if on cue, the shield around the specter shimmers and explodes into a dense wave of light bullets all its own. Sasha's Spell Card is fortunately still active for a few seconds longer, so she makes good use of it, wiping out a good portion of the bullets with her bombs and detonating them quickly to keep the pressure on her foe. Once the magic effect ends, she pockets the expended card and prepares for the next attack. If she can just keep up this pace, she may yet be able to outlast the powerful spirit...

9. - Top - End - #189
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Arena II - Wenomir and Hector]

As the two gets down to the arena they can see the person in charge of the summoning is already there waiting for them. But it's not Cessie standing there, it's Arik.
    While Hector probably isn't familiar with the tall raven-haired man standing there Wenomir has at least meet Cessie's older brother a few times. Unlike Cessie he hasn't adapted his clothing one bit, still wearing a robe after all these years in a black coloration. "Ah, two challengers appear. My sister asked if I could help with the summoning and I couldn't think of a reason to say no. Been too long time since I visited this place." He smiles at the two but his demeanor and tone is cold and detached. "So what challenge am I supposed to give you two? Ces wasn't too clear on the rules for these... trials."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

"We need a challenging fight that'll make for a good spectacle," Wenomir says. His tone is polite but not too warm. He's only met Arik once or twice, but he's not too fond of him. "Since we're both rather powerful, it needs to be scaled accordingly."
    Hector nods in agreement. Something big and tough, at least. But not too powerful that we'd either need all day or cheap tricks to beat. The goal is one of showmanship, not lethality. A bound elder god would be a bit too much. Anything weaker than that should be fine.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

10. - Top - End - #190

"I have something in mind already." Arik replies, giving Hector an glance. Elder god? Hmph. "I don't know anything about showmanship but I believe this will suffice. I hope you don't mind getting wet."

In the other end of the arena what appears to just be an enormous blob of water forms and then starts to pour into the arena, stopping as the remaining blob has formed into a pillar with a large puddle of water around it. "You may start, unless you're waiting for it to attack first." He wasn't lying, this thing isn't very impressive-looking at all.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir steps into the arena, holding his sword above him in a roof guard. He's not fooled by the water elemental's unassuming appearance.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #192

I don't think he likes you very much. The silver-haired man tells Wenomir. He thinks that a giant water elemental would be easily capable of drowning a warrior in full armor, but he's hoping to be surprised to see how Wenomir will live up to his reputation. I can see you're not very talkative. No need to discuss teamwork tactics or plan anything out, huh? Well that's fine, we're both professionals. He takes off his sunglasses and starts walking along the circumference of the arena, unarmed and waving to the audience with a lazy smile.

13. - Top - End - #193

[Approching the Tournament]

Coming from a afar are two new people. Arkant and one of his minions known as gastank man.
    Arkant is a tall men. He wears a armles grey robe, covering his torso and feet. His shoulder seem to grow something like scales, which appear very sharp and head down half his arms. Tatoos , showing off arcane symbols cover his lower arms and his hands appear normal.
    The other man is a bit smaller then arkant, but he appears more bulky, maybe it's die to the big gas tanks on his back which are big enougth to carryy people inside. The gasmask he is wearing is connected to the tanks on his back.

"You can go for Arena I. The medicine I gave you should allow you to fight without the tanks for a while. I will watch, just to make sure nothing happens." Arkant says.

The other man nods and heads to [Arena I] where he might encounter the lady with the illusion on her.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #194
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[ARENA II: WITCHY WOMAN]

There's a lull in the action as the spirit hovers near the dome above the arena and stares down at Sasha. Its face appears contorted, as if in anger or scornful scrutiny. Odd, though, considering that such details did not appear previously...Is its physical form growing clearer and more defined as the fight drags on? The thought occurs to the dust yokai, but she's not in the right mindset to ruminate on it just now; she's focused entirely on survival and, past that, victory.

The spirit draws out a third Spell Card, this one bearing characters written in navy-blue ink (as opposed to traditional red ink), and the darkness that appeared with the other two spells is replaced by a star-studded canvas reminiscent of an image of deep space. A disturbingly calm and gentle voice can somehow be heard reciting the name of the magic spell, "Unity [No One Together]", and the symbols burn brightly upon the talisman slip.

Almost immediately, Sasha is surrounded by a gyroscopic swarm of bullets, varying in size and color. The prismatic whirlwind of lethality hovers no further than five feet from the girl, and after a few seconds, a few shots break out of the swarm and aim for her. She frantically grazes the small volley but barely has any time to prepare before another wave of shots, firing only a few bullets each from at least two angles at a time, launches toward her. This continues for another twenty seconds or so, speeding up with every barrage, until one of the attacks finally hits home and knocks her into the wall revolving around her. The resulting impact expels her upward and out of the spell's radius, propelling her with such force that she crashes against the dome overhead (possibly hard enough to fracture it) before falling face-first to the ground below.

Several seconds pass as Sasha fights to stay conscious; she's been lucky to avoid any damage so far, but now that she's been hit, her frailty is plain to see. Another hit will likely finish her, and both she and her foe know it. At first, she expects the spirit to use its magic again, but curiously enough, it deactivates the Spell Card and hides it away, letting their normal surroundings return to focus. The yokai girl rises to one knee in the sudden calm and looks up at her enemy, her eyes filled with fear and confusion. Tension presides for a few more moments before the specter's expression softens somewhat, and it starts to back away toward the ceiling of the arena. "That's enough," it whispers. "I have what I need now. No point in more senseless violence."

Shocked by the familiar sound of its voice, Sasha stammers, "Chi...Chiaki-san! It is you! But how...? Sanji-kun told everyone that you were dead...What are you doing here, anyway?"

"He's not wrong: I am dead. Only my spirit lives, along with a fraction of my magic. I seek to reclaim my powers and restore my body. Then I can get revenge on that treacherous, two-faced vermin."

"Revenge? Why can't you leave Sanji-kun alone?! He didn't do any-"

"Sanji...? That magma-brained lizard can rot, for all I care. My vendetta is with someone else...or do you mean to tell me that you don't know about it?"

"Know about what...?"

The spirit laughs cynically and responds, "My, how cold...She's even left her dearest Sasha in the dark. Don't you worry, sweet-heart; I'll put that horrible trickster in her place soon enough."

There's a flash of light, and the spirit of Noraware Chiaki disappears just as suddenly as it arrived. Sasha takes a minute or two to digest everything that was just said, but none of it makes much sense. Eventually, she arrives at the conclusion that the spirit's presence is the most important thing to take away from the fight, and she rushes out of the arena and away from the tournament grounds, racing home to ReitaiSide to inform her friends of the potential threat...

((This wasn't really as fun as I'd hoped it would be in exposition, so I decided to cut it short and set the stage for the incident.))

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside Arena I

The woman in the mask notices the man in the mask, and waves. "Hello, hello," she says casually. The mask hides her face, but her voice seems to imply that she doesn't care about the man's somewhat intimidating appearance.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Halfling in the Playground

Observing Arena II

Okami is here, blending in amongst the crowds in his natural state as a wolf. His mottled brown and white pelt isn't exactly well suited for camouflage in this particular area, but he was hoping to slip in as one of the "summoned creatures" that the contenders would be able to fight.
    Originally he was going to help that dusty creature in arena I, but it soon became apparent that aiding her would not be an option with the way that place was sealed.
    No matter, the Wolf is here. The Sage is ready.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197

Wenomir steps into the arena, holding his sword above him in a roof guard. He's not fooled by the water elemental's unassuming appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post

I don't think he likes you very much. The silver-haired man tells Wenomir. He thinks that a giant water elemental would be easily capable of drowning a warrior in full armor, but he's hoping to be surprised to see how Wenomir will live up to his reputation. I can see you're not very talkative. No need to discuss teamwork tactics or plan anything out, huh? Well that's fine, we're both professionals. He takes off his sunglasses and starts walking along the circumference of the arena, unarmed and waving to the audience with a lazy smile.

Arik takes a seat in a nearby chair and let's out a quiet sigh as the crowd cheers. Such simple entertainment.

The water pillar sways as if it were a snake as the two approach, suddenly flinging two balls of water, one at Wenomir and one at Hector, by breaking off parts of it's own "body". The blobs are actually aimed to land right in front of them, but it's likely hard to discern that.

18. - Top - End - #198

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Outside Arena I

The woman in the mask notices the man in the mask, and waves. "Hello, hello," she says casually. The mask hides her face, but her voice seems to imply that she doesn't care about the man's somewhat intimidating appearance.
    Outside Arena I

The man mit the gas mask may be intimidating for her, but with thoose tanks on his back he should appear a bit less flexible in his movement.

"Hello." comes the voice from under the gasmask. It sounds a bit smoky.
    "What terms should we go for?" he asks and stops sudendly. He looks at Arkant and then nods. Then looks back.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir stands motionless and does not flinch as the ball of water heads towards him. Once it lands, he rushes forward, becoming a blur as he crosses the distance between him and his opponent, and performs two lightning-fast cuts.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside Arena I

"Well, I was expecting a bit of banter first, but I can work with that." The beautiful woman places her hands on her hips. "I think we should step into the arena first before thinking of what the terms would be, see what they have available. If you really want to jump straight to the action, though, what kinds of terms would you like?" She turns to head into the Arena as she speaks.

21. - Top - End - #201

Outside Arena I

"Well, I was expecting a bit of banter first, but I can work with that." The beautiful woman places her hands on her hips. "I think we should step into the arena first before thinking of what the terms would be, see what they have available. If you really want to jump straight to the action, though, what kinds of terms would you like?" She turns to head into the Arena as she speaks.
    Arena I

"Why wasting time." he replies, obviously not in the mood to fall for the womans beauty "If we discuss it befor, one of us might not want to go. Also I assume they don't offer more then the place and enchantment."

He makes a short break.

"For now we might drop illusions so we both know what we got to deal with?"

It's not him who can notice the illusion or even say there is one, but his master Arkant is a caster and not a weak one. He is very good in detecting such things that manipulate the mind and he told it the gasman via thelephati.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arena I

"I can't, I'm afraid. It's a pity, really, but what can you do?"
    the woman steps into Arena I. "But really, any preferences? I have an idea if you don't."

23. - Top - End - #203

Arena I

"I don't use wepaons, but otherwise I got no idea myself. The normal KO terms may be ok."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arena I

"Well, I don't want anyone to get really hurt. Knockouts take a while to recover from. How about a knockdown? Fully prone, not on hands or knees. Pressing your hands under you counts as a knockdown, they have to be holding you up, at least partially, to save you. Sounds good? Any loopholes?"

25. - Top - End - #205

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Arik takes a seat in a nearby chair and let's out a quiet sigh as the crowd cheers. Such simple entertainment.

The water pillar sways as if it were a snake as the two approach, suddenly flinging two balls of water, one at Wenomir and one at Hector, by breaking off parts of it's own "body". The blobs are actually aimed to land right in front of them, but it's likely hard to discern that.

Wenomir stands motionless and does not flinch as the ball of water heads towards him. Once it lands, he rushes forward, becoming a blur as he crosses the distance between him and his opponent, and performs two lightning-fast cuts.

Hector changes direction before the water hits, so that he's left standing between the two puddles when Wenomir charges forward. He adjusts his tie, shoots his cuffs, and prepares to watch the Watchman's back.

26. - Top - End - #206

Arena I

"Well, I don't want anyone to get really hurt. Knockouts take a while to recover from. How about a knockdown? Fully prone, not on hands or knees. Pressing your hands under you counts as a knockdown, they have to be holding you up, at least partially, to save you. Sounds good? Any loopholes?"
    Arena I

((Sorry for the delay, but I don't get the last one with the hands.))

"From what I understand you want, it's like a boxfight, just with feet as well, right?"

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arena I

"Not sure what a boxfight is,"
    The woman admits. "Just nonlethal force, in melee, you could use a training sword if you wanted, and whoever falls down loses. This," she falls down, catching herself with her arms, landing in a push-up position, "Does not count. This," She lets herself down so that her chest is on the ground, "Counts. This," She rolls over onto her side, holding herself up with one arm, "Does not count. This," She shifts so that she's lying on her side, holding her head up casually, "Counts, because my arm is not supporting the weight of my torso. Make sense?"

28. - Top - End - #208

Arena I

"That sounds... complicated. And I don't use a weapon so I'm fine without it. Can't we just for for the normal pass out rules?" The man answer. Maybe he is more a fighter. Also ge guess with the gasstanks on his back it migth be hard to get him down on his chest.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arena I

"I don't want to risk breaking any bones. I'm not sure how well my physiology lends itself to healing magic, so I need to be cautious about what I do. Suffice to say I'm an... unusual creature."
    She shrugs. "I'm getting the feeling ths you want to use some powers?"

30. - Top - End - #210

Arena I

"I assume we don't fit for a fight then. I don't have 'powers'. I just know that I got strength. If you fear of braking bones I'm really not an opponent for you."
    The man replies and heads to the exit of the ring.