New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Semi-introduction to psionics..

Ability scores will be rolled. No ToB. No Evil. No vile/exalted. Drag mag/compendium/dungeon mag, yay. Multiclassing penalty is enforced.

DM is looking to do try to do a psionics-type campaign to re-introduce 3.5 psionics ( so some magic items and such, but mainly psionic items, locations, etc. ) to the group. Their last experience was with a player ( before me and DM became part of the group ) that abused the group's lack of knowledge of mechanics of psionics. So pretty much low optimizing for rest of group and mediocre for me ( I try to build what I want and I know to hold back to not overshadow group ). I don't have much knowledge myself, though I usually have more time to look up stuff in my free time.

I am looking to try out Divine mind as a 'fixed list' limiter for me somewhat, but which other psionic class is good for introduction ( also what books should I be reading ). If I go divine mind... if OA is usable ( , I plan on doing 1 level of shiba hunter or whatever for wis mod to attack and damage rolls. If not, anthro bat for flight and high wis. What mantles should I look at to consider? Deception is tempting with that 50% true miss chance.

Also, how does one recover psionic focus faster than full-round?
    Last edited by animewatcha; 2014-04-02 at 04:13 PM.