New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: PTU: Ogrun Travels (IC)

Elysia hesitated. On one hand she still wanted to hate her mother. It was that upset that had kept her going all this time. But on the other hand she was confused and curious and a part of her still longed for some connection. She crossed her arms and followed her mother, "Whatever, I'll go. But its just cause I have nothing better to do. That's it."

2. - Top - End - #722
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Well, here's hoping Lysi's plan works out then," Noah nodded in understanding before loosing a short sigh before trying to perk up again, "So do you or the little gal want to stop by the temple for a check up? Want me to show you around town, or would you rather rest here for a while?"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Cytep tried to take in the stream of words but got lost pretty early on and the rest was just him nodding like he at all understood what was going on. He looked between the pokemon, and at Bandi, then tilted his head an commented. "Wait Cider, Liqueur, Gin...you named your pokemon all after drinks? Is there supposed to be some sort of team name to tie all this together?" His grin steadily grew as he considered it.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ettin in the Playground

Bandi tilted her head in much the same way "huh? no I didn't I just made random noises that I thought fit them and had a nice ring to... wait a minute..." bandi stops and goes through her name and all the mons names in her head and comparing the names to different drinks looking for matches "Oh my arceus we really are all named after booze..." she says with bewildered surprise as if this was a stunning revelation to make matters worse all this booze talk was making her kinda thirsty but it was hardly even breakfast yet. whiski meanwhile has resumed laughing as if he had known this for much longer.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Firbolg in the Playground

Noah
    "I was at the temple not too long ago," Amelia replies, "I wouldn't mind looking around though, I'm not used to smaller towns like this, I've only ever lived in big cities or in research camps."

Elysia
    Elysia could swear she heard a snort when Angela turned back forward to lead the way, and it takes a minute for her to start talking, "I'm not sure if you remember Roth," she says, a slight hint of humor to her , "he's been the artificer since my mother was around, and my grandmother if she what she said was anything to go by," she continues, "I'll just say now that he's not exactly the most friendly person, but don't take it personally... he's that way with everyone."

The two end up on the first floor once more and into a combination forge and workshop. A balding man with surprisingly red hair and a weathered appearance, his skin could be mistaken for leather. He was wrinkled, but didn't look a day over forty, then again, Angela was almost sixty herself and didn't look that old, a common trend for mages. He was turned to the side, and Elysia could tell that one of his eyes, at the very least, was blinded and white.

"What'cha 'ere fo' th's time?" okay, he sounded like his mouth was full of nothing but dust.

Bandi & Cytep
    "Uh huh, sounds like you had an adenture," Tracy says, "better not tell Gran that story, she might not believe ya."

"Can't really help with them though, I don't have one and have no idea how to use one myself. Even if I did I don't know how to get in touch with Granny outside of a messenger," Tracy continues, "as for this little girl's trouble... I don't know, really, normally it's something from birth so it's probably not the easiest to deal with, magic and artifice are probably your best bet as it is."
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2015-03-13 at 06:34 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ettin in the Playground

"Heh fish stories are meant to be told not believed. Also I've got proof" Bandi says hefting Rum for emphasis "besides I'm gonna be asking about where the heck this sword came from and what's the worst that could happen if she didn't believe me? As for Cider where should I even start to look? I mean the local temple hasn't had any luck so far so where's the next best bet?... any way hold rum for me for a sec I know you want to anyway. I wanna try something with Gin..." she says suddenly passing the big fish to her cousin and then picking up Gin "hey there little guy... or girl... you know first off calling you an "it" seems kinda degrading to you so do ya got a prefered gender you wanna go by? I'm a girl and whiski is a boy if you are wondering which is which." she says already getting side tracked from trying to ask the feline how to make calls
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2015-03-13 at 08:03 PM.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Cytep looked to Rum, then over at Bandi in confusion again, then once again to Tracy though now he was smiling. "I take it she's one of those kinds that it takes some time to keep up with?" He looked around the place while wondering to himself...had he been able to give the injured pokemon to the doctors before a Bandi appeared?
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ettin in the Playground

"Psh try and keep up while you can I'm gonna be best rider ever." Bandi brags to Cytep with a wink before turning her attention back to Gin.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Cytep shrugged, still with that same playful smile. "I'm pretty persistent. I might not be able to keep up but that's no reason to not try." He looked at all the pokemon she had here. "You got a nice size group with you. Are you a traveling trainer at all?"
    Show

10. - Top - End - #730
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"Help... train my pokemon?" Artemis asked, looking at the rattata trainer. He honestly didn't know how to feel about that. On the one hand, more training could only ever help in the long run. On the other... well, there was really nothing he could think that was a good reason not to have the boy help. If he felt like he needed to make it up to Artemis, then that worked out well. He looks back over his shoulder and recalls Gigan to its pokeball before it did too much damage to the trees.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Don't worry, I'm used to that thanks to you." Elysia muttered as she followed. When they arrived at the area, she looked at the man for a moment before looking around the room, her arms still crossed as she acted bored.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Awesome! Our home might not have as many big attractions as bigger cities, but we got plenty of neat stuff and a great view; I'd be honored to show you around," he offered smilingly to the older woman.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #733

Noah
    Amelia seems to appreciate the levity Noah decided to impart in the situation, "I'm sure," she replies with a smile of her own.

Elysia
    "You said the staff was ready correct?" Angela asked.

"I did," the man replies, turning towards Angela, his other eye was brown.

"I have need of it, and the red Crest, if you will," the moment she mentions 'red crest', the man looks at her with narrowed eyes, before looking at Elysia.

"The lass one o' yours then?" his only reply is a nod. He approaches Elysia, and examines her, giving an intense feeling of being watched by some kind of giant beast, "thought ya'd never come back lass, ya ma here commissioned this thing a decade ago," he comments as he walks off, removing that oppressive feeling she got from him in an instant. He returns a moment later with an elaborate rod and a choker with a red gemstone that glowed ever so slightly, he hands the rod to Angela, and offers the choker to Elysia.

Bandi & Cytep
    Gin sits on his hind legs, forepaws up, and the little numbers on his stomach start flashing, an antennae on his left ear extended. A few moments later, "Hello, Celitty help hotline." a voice comes through, seemingly from Gin's mouth.

The sister did indeed take the flem, she was away at the moment, however, Cytep could see her on her way back down one of the halls.

Artemis
    "More like grooming," the kid replies, "it promotes growth like training does but is more relaxing for the pokemon, for my rattata at the very least."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Elysia frowns as the man holds out a choker. She glances at her mom then back at it suspiciously. She leaves her arms crossed and doesn't reach out for the weird gem. What if the choker was like the earring her sister had been given? Or if it was some cruel trick by her mom? The feeling the man gave her sure as hell didn't make her trust it any more than she already didn't.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception (if needed to spot magic stuff) (4d6)[16]
    Occult Education: (4d6)[21] (see if I can tell anything about the choker, rod, etc)
    Intuition on this guy and gem: (2d6)[8]

15. - Top - End - #735

Elysia
    The man raises an eyebrow, "family tradition lass, eve'y member o' the blackmoor family gets one o' these when they turn sixteen," he comments.

"It's just a shell bell with a simple hex mixed in, Elysia. I'm wearing one now as it is," she pulls a chain necklace from under her shirt, allowing Elysia to see a similar gem, though hers is purple.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception: Magic Everywhere! No psychic residue, but plain magic is in almost everything in the workshop, even the man himself seems to emit high quantities of magic. The choker seems to be magic as well.

Occult: The rod is an arcane weapon, augmented with alchemy. As a rod, it'd likely a short ranged weapon. Elysia can see a stone-like cap that would act as the focus, unusual as gems were the norm for arcane weapons.

Occult: The amulet has a pattern Elysia recognizes as a shell bell, except made of crystal rather than a shell. It also has a latent magic that's hard to place under the other pattern. It's not exactly hidden, but being under the other pattern makes it harder to identify. Angela's has the same patterns, only they are definitely older, more settled.

Intuition: No deception detected. The gem radiates healing magic and an underlying curse that's directed outward (aimed at someone other than the wearer), not inward (aimed at the wearer).
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Yeah and lets talk about what wonderful things gifts to Amelia did to her..." Elysia says with a frown. She didn't sense any lies, but for all she knew this guy was just as much a manipulative liar as her mom. "And I'm seventeen...damn, guess I missed out." She said flatly. At the same time she didn't sense anything aimed inward and it all seemed to be pointed outward. "Its not just a shell bell though, I can tell that without your help." She comments to her mom before glancing back at it. "What's the hex underneath the shell bell? I can tell its cursed in some way."
    Last edited by Major; 2015-03-23 at 11:57 PM.

17. - Top - End - #737

Elysia
    "It's a curse that activates if someone kills the wearer," the man replies, before Angela can chime in, "think o' it like a memento to mark the killer. Old enchantment that's included for tradition, I can remove it if ya'd prefer. This is just the base model."

"You can change the enchantments?" Angela asks, looking surprised.

"So long as they haven't settled yet, not too hard with some'in' this routine."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Elysia raises an eyebrow, "And how exactly does it mark the killer? Plus if someone kills me that won't do me any good. Besides, no offense but I don't trust anything I can't personally identify...especially from that woman." She says pointing thumb over shoulder at her mother.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh yes hello!" Says Bandi glad to be getting somewhere "I was wondering if my celkitty gin wanted to be refered to as a boy or a girl- err I mean! I have no idea how to make calls or what gin can or can't do... at all... If you can't tell by my accent I grew up on a farm..." She adds chuckling nervously and rubbing the back of her head.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Cytep glanced down the hall and smiled, waving to get the girl's attention, as unnecessary as it probably was. When she made it here he turned her way, speaking a little calmer than normal to not interrupt Bandi's call. "Hey, how's the little guy or girl doing?"
    Show

21. - Top - End - #741
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"I'm not sure Carbuncle needs to be all that much more relaxed. But by all means, if you think it will help." Artemis was still unsure exactly how he felt about the boy but if he wanted to make reparations in the form of making his pokemon stronger, it could only be better at this point.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

His smile widening ever so slightly Noah excuses himself to get ready to head out; changing out of his sleeping cloths and into more appropriate attire, before gathering his things and joining Amelia once more. The lad more than a bit eager to show Amelia where her sister had been living all this time.

Spoiler
    Show

Time to show her around then. I'm getting a feeling you may ask for a luck roll since we're wandering around town seeing the sights, and we don't exactly have a detailed map. So here it goes. (1d100)[2]
    Last edited by Regalus; 2015-04-01 at 11:53 AM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #743

Noah
    The short tour goes fairly well, Noah seems to charm her, getting a few laughs out of her. Some of the local's tease Noah about him being on a date as the two wander, quite a common occurrence actually. However, it's as the two break for lunch that something else comes up. The small restaurant wasn't the best in town, but its selection wasn't bad, the atmosphere quiet and cozy, and the food wasn't bad either. Today though, seemed that something got into the back, and it was now making a lot of noise, right before a purple and black pokemon ran out of one of the swinging doors and under the table Noah and Amelia were sitting at, ending up right next to Noah as it peaked over the table until a chef came out of the back, very disheveled and breathing heavily. The moment the chef emerges, it ducks its head down and tries to bury itself in Noah's lap, the two tusk-like protrusions on its head nearly ripping one of his pant legs in the process. All Amelia can do is blink with a bewildered expression on her face.

Too bad for the pig-like pokemon, its spiral shaped tail, carrying a cloudy pearl, is above the table and the chef notices it. He scowls, but doesn't move to try and do anything to the pig pokemon.

Elysia
    Roth's brows almost audibly snap together, "don't insult me missy, I've been doing this longer than the Zapot's been around, you can't identify it because it's not meant to be identified. If anyone with the sight could identify it they could work around it. Even turn it against the wearer. And this is my craft, not your mothers, not yours, mine. If you think you can do the job better, feel free to demonstrate, until then, you'll have to believe what I tell you about what I make," and he waves an arm to his shop, inviting her to poke around and try to make something from it all.

Angela is shaking her head, "That's quite enough Roth, I thought you were through challenging people to try and use your workshop after what happened when your grandson tried to make something here," she comments, then goes over to him and says, "it's not an insult to your skill, rather it's meant to insult my own deficiencies."

"Ha, unlikely, only thing you did was keep her at arms length, she's got no reason to insult ya besides not connecting with ya as a mother-daughter relation, my son suffered the same problem with my grandson and you saw what happened with him," Angela's eyes widen at that, "don't repeat the mistake lass."

Bandi & Cytep
    "Let me just look up the model..." the person on the other side says, "Ah, we have the rider model, one of the more interesting ones to be honest, well, first, your own number is [Number], you can tell people with celitty that number and they can call you. You can do the same in reverse by either pressing the numbers on its stomach or asking it to dial a number for you. It'll have numbers memorized when you use them or get called and you can assign names to them for quick references. It'll remember. As for your specific model, it's labeled as female or male, so it could be either. Just check which ear has the antennae, right means male, left means female."

"Doctors are looking it over, its shell looked pretty badly damaged, that will take some time to close up fully, but it's already being sealed up and patched as needed."

Artemis
    The kid nods, "We should get off the field then, trying it out here is asking for trouble."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"By all means." Artemis says, and starts walking back towards town. If the boy could actually help somehow, great. But he needed to go to the temple either way. He hoped that wouldn't be a problem to get Carbuncle healed up. But there was no telling how busy they were.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

With his life flashing before his eyes as his family jewels were nearly gored; it is only his long experience dealing with frightened pokemon that prevents him from doing his best impression of a cartoon fire hydrant and launching the squealing piglet through the restaurant. Just barely.

The boy raises his hands to those around him in a stopping gesture in order to avoid startling the baby bore into tearing his trousers, before insistently motioning for the chef to move away; enough so that the piglet wouldn't see the man, while gently putingt some of his salad on a nearby napkin. Then the boy allowed silence to hang long enough for even the scared piglet to notice a lull in the hunt it was fleeing while he carefully placed the napkin on his thigh, not wanting to startle the piglet by suddenly moving his lower body, so that the scent of the fresh produce might catch it's attention.

If the first step of his plan worked, the lad would then try to make a few soothing sounds before placing more of the salad at his side so that when it was finished the piglett would continue nomming by his feet; rather than between his legs. If all went well, the lad would keep trying to soothe the little mon and move unto caressing the piglett until it had settled down enough. If things ended up going badly though...well, Noah was thankfully he could regenerate...to an extant.

Spoiler
    Show

Technically I'm using bait and a lot of stuff here to lure it out of my crotch...so not sure what I need to roll. So here; have a bunch of rolls that might be relavant

Charm: (3d6+1)[11]
    Guile: (4d6+1)[11]
    Survival: (3d6+1)[8]
    Edu Pokemon: (3d6+1)[7]
    Last edited by Regalus; 2015-04-07 at 09:44 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #746

Noah
    Once calmed down some, the piglet shifts position, its head poking up onto Noah's leg, its chin resting there allowing Noah to see what he thought were tusks actually being crest-like protrusions from just under its ears, and they're flexible rather than sharp. It doesn't notice, the food right away, looking for the chef that had been chasing it. When it didn't see him, it turned to the food and sniffed at it, then took a bite.

Amelia, meanwhile was looking at the little pig pokemon with an 'aww' expression on her face, "it's cute isn't it," she comments as it follows the food to the floor when Noah moves it. When it's finished, it looks at Noah with an expression that made lillipup eyes look completely amateurish, and Amelia can't help but let out a girly squeal and reach down to pet the piglet, "its so soft."

Artemis
    Artemis and the lad make their way to the temple, allowing Carbuncle to be healed up and the kid to work with said pokemon afterwards. All in all it takes roughly an hour and a half for everything to be done, and by the time he leaves, he encounters Cytep and Tracy talking to a short girl with a menagerie of pokemon around her.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    10 + (Half PL) Exp to Carbuncle
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ettin in the Playground

Bandi notes the masculine antenna placement on Gin as the numbers granny gave her and how to use them to call finally clicks in her head. She then asks "Ok so you mentioned a rider model and I saw Gin here get bigger earlier. Hows all that work? and is there a limit to how long he can do it?"

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Cytep nodded and smiled in relief. "Ah, well that's good. I found it in the wilderness outside town like that. A couple smaller pokemon picking on it. Seems like bringing it here was the right choice. Should I come check in later?"
    Show

29. - Top - End - #749
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Artemis looks at the work the boy did and could approve. Even the lazy cat deserved some TLC after the last few days. It was the last they were going to get for a while. He walks over to where Cytep and Tracy were talking with the keeper of the menagerie and taps Tracy on the shoulder. "What's going on over here, I wonder?" He says with a small amount of curiosity. Nothing would compare to the book he'd found earlier right now, but this was still interesting.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Elysia's eyes narrow before her hand slaps the choker from the man's hand and onto the ground, "Well, if that's how you feel I don't need this piece of garbage." She says debating electrocuting it for good measure to spite the man and her mom, but she didn't want to show all her cards yet. Nonetheless, this final comment was enough to cause her to snap. She was sick of all this downplaying, "Because clearly if you are that oblivious and stupid I'm not sure I trust anything you made." She says. "Oh yeah, that's all she did. Of course, right. I mean, its not like a kid relies on their mother. Nope. Its not like a kid deserves to have their mother be the ONE person who DOES show them love and affection and treat them as if they matter. Right? Yeah, she did nothing. That's the problem. I was picked on by bullies for years and years and what did she do? NOTHING!" Elysia shouted as the wind around her suddenly started growing stronger and stronger, her hair starting to blow in the wind. Elysia, however, didn't notice and it was her anger and emotions causing the magic to start reacting. She hadn't wanted to reveal any of her magic other than the illusions, but with her temper, she accidentally gave it away. "And that just proved that people could do it and get away with it. Oh, no need to fear the MOST POWERFUL WOMAN IN THE CITY she'll let it happen!!!" Elysia glared at her mother, "But, let's pretend that was it. Sure, that was bad enough, but you know what else? There was more. Not only that, but let's see...picked on at school, on the way home, in town, but at least I had a safe place right? I mean, as long as I was home I could feel like SOMEBODY loved me and felt I was actually worth something. Like my moth---or wait. Nope. She wanted nothing to do with me. To her I was just some weak loser taking room in her house draining her resources. I couldn't even rely on her to make me feel like SOMEBODY cared about me." Elysia then kicked the choker as hard as she could in the direction of her mother.

"There was ONE person who gave a single s**t about me and that was Amelia!" She said, "Amelia was kind and perfect and nice and was basically the mother I didn't have. She took care of me and raised me and taught me more than that demon in human flesh! If I didn't need help saving Amelia I'd have loved to just never see that monster again! Hell, that worm even chased away dad! Probably because of the fact that she's a stupid skank!" Elysia said pointing at her mother. "That whore put me through all that s**t, ignored me, let it happen, and even if that THING didn't actually bully or abuse me, she sure didn't give me any shelter or relief from it. Yeah, she didn't summon a s**t storm, but she sure didn't give me shelter from it either." She said, finally venting all the anger that had been building up for so long. "And then I show up here, despite hating this festering cesspool of egotistical, self-worshiping, a******s who think power makes them gods and the general opinion is 'Oh it wasn't that bad' and 'Oh it was only blah blah blah'. And what? I'm supposed to take it? Say 'Thanks for not abusing me and letting others do it instead, you rock!'" She asked with a fake cold laugh, "Yeah, I'm sick of hearing how great that b***h of a woman is and how my life wasn't all that bad and how everything is happy and perfect now!!!! So you know what? F**k you!! F**k you both! F**k you and F**k this whole damn city!!!" And with that final comment the blast of wind pushed out from like a small malestorm trying to blow away any item not too heavy to be thrown by the wind.
    Last edited by Major; 2015-04-20 at 03:58 AM.