New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Happily Ever After (IC-S)

With a poke and a surge of magic, the beautiful and gentle healing essence of fifty damned souls flowed into the beaten man, and his wounds began to mend themselves. He stopped bleeding, and within a minute he was awake again, if disoriented. "What... who are you? And why does everything smell like brimstone?"
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alishyon

Alis laughed desperately, very uncomfortable that the best healing she was capable of was, by the laws of the very universe, 'morally questionable'. "Ah-heh, what doesn't?" She said, trying to divert his attention, stuffing the wand back in her bag. "I'm Alishyon, and despite what these two thought I am, in fact, a sorceress." She smiled and offered him a hand to help him up. "I did magic at them."
    "Everyfing I see is mine. All da uvver bits are mine too - I just ain't got there yet." - Grimgor Ironhide

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, good, good, that's good." The man is quite a bit older than Alis had first suspected, grey having thoroughly dominated his hair and beard some time ago. "My name is Rowden, though the crew calls me Rowdy... I don't suppose you could help me get back to my ship? Captain Osang will be pissed that I've been gone this long..."
    Last edited by Jade_Tarem; 2014-04-23 at 07:55 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34

Alishyon

"Oh!" Alis squeeks. "Well, isn't that terrifyingly convenient." Alis puts on a brave face, and makes a go of joking about it, but the fact is she was teleported somehow to exactly where she needed to be. "I'm trying to find Captain Osang myself."
    Last edited by The Blue Guard; 2014-04-23 at 08:09 PM.
    "Everyfing I see is mine. All da uvver bits are mine too - I just ain't got there yet." - Grimgor Ironhide

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well you're in luck." Rowdy slowly, stiffly gets back to his feet. "Cap'n's been in port for days now, and it'll be days yet before we go, barring an emergency. What are ye lookin' to talk to 'er for, anyway?"

6. - Top - End - #36

Alishyon

Alis smiles, her hands resting comfortably at her sides. "Well, it's all got to do with my family." She begins, adding some hand motions as she talked. "See, my grandfather was, and probably is, a dragon, but I don't know much else about him but that. Or anything else about my family, actually, which is why my grandfather being a dragon is important. See, I want to find my family, and with my mother dead there's not really any better way than making a list of dragons who have had half-dragon children. Those dragons would then be the candidates for being my grandfather. Though I'm not mad enough to then just start annoying dragons who might be my relative. I'll try to narrow it down from there, but I'm not there yet. It's why I'm here. I came to see if the local SAAOS office had any information on dragons that I could use. They didn't. They did however direct me to a local dragon who does: Carothrax, up in the Shadow Mountains. Unfortunately, there's a small war going on up there, and the safest land route, the Blood Pass, is still quite dangerous. It's for that reason that I went and tried to find a guide to help me there, and it was as I was looking for a guide to lead me up the Blood Pass that I found a nice gentleman who suggested a different route. A sea route, as you might have guessed, and suggested I talk with Captain Osang and tell them that I was his friend." Realizing that she'd just been talking at the man Alis let out a desperate little laugh. "I'm sorry, that was a bit much for a simple... I'll shut up now."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'm not sure I followed all that, but it sure passed the time!" Rowdy staggers out onto a busier, better-lit area and Alis realizes that they've made the docks. "Now, then..." he takes a deep breath. "CAPTAIN! GOT A CLIENT FOR YA!"

"What? Who? Wha-" A thump is heard from the deck, followed by muted grousing. A moment later, a figure vaults overboard... the woman is striking, red hair held in check by a headband, sword and pistol belted over an abbreviated naval coat, sturdy trousers stuffed into high boots, and loose blouse giving the occasional hint of something shiny underneath it. "Good gods, Rowdy, did you forget the way back? Kind of a poor show for a navigator, isn't it?"

"Yer a laugh a minute captain." Rowdy deadpans, gesturing to the sorceress. "This 'ere is the Sorceress 'Elishon, though don't ask me to spell it. I ran into trouble in the canal and she magicked it away. Seems to be a decent lass, though she says she's lookin' for family up in the Shadow Mountains."

The woman winces. "That's not a good place to be lookin' for anything right now."

"I know." Rowdy nods to Alis. "And this is the good captain Naomi Osang, probably the daughter of one of the legendary Osang brothers and a fine swashbuckler in her own right, and this fine hulk in front of you is the Medias Res."

"Which, sadly, isn't going anywhere for a bit." Naomi scratches her head for a moment. "There's been a little incident... ah, there's no need to get into it, but if things get resolved I'll be sure to let you know, so long as the money's good."

8. - Top - End - #38

Alishyon

Alis opens her mouth to say something about the mispronunciation of her name, but she was a little too unsure of herself with the shouting and the snarking. She even kept quiet when he said she was looking for family in the Shadow Mountains, but that was because she felt it was mostly the truth. "Well, I do have some money, but I was also told to tell you I was a friend of Calis..."