New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Welcome to Bristle!!! (The adventure)

Spoiler: If we're still in the inn.
    Show
    "Willie said something about people diapering by his command, or something to that effect."Can you shed light on that as well? It is my last question then we leave. and ill pay you for the information and drink.

Spoiler: If we're not in the inn.
    Show
    "That place was full of rats, the Wererat kind of rats. Niomi looks up looking for the moon. "Good people just feel bad that they became probably the worst kind of WERE-Anything. But I think they are hiding more than what they are saying."
    Last edited by evyldead; 2014-04-18 at 10:42 AM.
    [roll] 4d6b3 [/roll]

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Spoiler: If we're not in the inn.
    Show
    "That place was full of rats, the Wererat kind of rats. Niomi looks up looking for the moon. "Good people just feel bad that they became probably the worst kind of WERE-Anything. But I think they are hiding more than what they are saying."
    [/QUOTE]

This is what's happening now, when you said the stuff in the tavern, you were ignored.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

NATHANIEL

The halfling meanders over to the "good tavern" and walks right in the front door.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

Aiden

Aiden breathes a sigh of relief as Marcus appears around the building and claps a hand to his shoulder briefly before turning back to Niomi.

"I for one would like to know why you and Miri are so convinced something is going on. Besides the obvious, I mean. I am trying to keep an open mind." He adds, with a sideways grin at Marcus. He knows people can be prickly around paladins sometimes and he wants the young man to know that Aiden was listening as well as talking. "I would also like to visit the church of Pelor at some point," he adds, "but right now we should probably follow Master Shepherd. I get the feeling he might cause trouble if he's left alone for too long.

5. - Top - End - #125

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Moreta View Post
    Aiden

Aiden breathes a sigh of relief as Marcus appears around the building and claps a hand to his shoulder briefly before turning back to Niomi.

"I for one would like to know why you and Miri are so convinced something is going on. Besides the obvious, I mean. I am trying to keep an open mind." He adds, with a sideways grin at Marcus. He knows people can be prickly around paladins sometimes and he wants the young man to know that Aiden was listening as well as talking. "I would also like to visit the church of Pelor at some point," he adds, "but right now we should probably follow Master Shepherd. I get the feeling he might cause trouble if he's left alone for too long.
    Niomi looks at Aiden, "Those are Were-rats, what are they doing in a town. And what is so secret about that place that we can't even have a sit down."
    [roll] 4d6b3 [/roll]

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

Aiden

"Well, why wouldn't they be in a town? You said it yourself, people who've been turned into a were-anything are likely to stick together and not want outsiders poking their noses in. I phrased myself badly. Obviously there is something going on. But I don't understand why you seem to feel it has to be something bad." There, that was closer to what he meant to say. Aiden was trying not to let his frustrations spill over into his voice, it was himself he was frustrated with. And perhaps his teachers, for not explaining themselves better. Tactics and strategy had never been Aiden's strong point. Sure, he could generally tell if someone was lying to him, but he usually had a hard time figuring out why they were lying. Just another reason why I'd be better off at home. Less chance of me screwing up there.

7. - Top - End - #127

MindFlayer

The sleeping giant in seems the polar opposite of the Full moon. A great, round, burly looking man with a ginger beard smiles warmly as you enter. "Welcome to the sleeping giant! What can I do for you folks, I am almost full up, but perhaps three to a room or, I can always line some cotts up out here in the common, after it dies down for the night acorse. Or perhaps a warm meal and a nice ale to wash er down. Me wife has a pig roastin oot back rightnow, be ready in an hour or two." He gestures to a man that has to be his own son, because he appears a younger version of the older fellow, and he begins pushing a couple of chairs and tables together to make room for the whole group at one table. "Here you are" says the younger one. "I'm billy, and I will be happy to assist you if you need anything." And after his gaze lingering on Miri for a second longer than anyone else, and a blush seen clear through his ginger stubble, he walks back to a stool near the door, and fingers the cudgel at his side, while scanning the room, apparently making sure nothing is amiss.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

NATHANIEL

The warmage nods curtly to the innkeeper, "I am Nathaniel Shepard and these," he motions to his new friends, "Are my companions. We will only require a single room, perhaps an extra cot to accommodate all of us. A nice haunch of pork would do me well after my long journey. Pray tell, Master Billy, how would one ensure my companions and I get the finest cut of the pig? Our bellies are laughably empty and I only request the best for those under my comman... Or rather, my friends." After a moment or two, Nathaniel plucks five silver pieces from his coin purse and quietly slides them over to Billy. With a wink and a smile he says, "The finest cuts. I expect nothing less than the best."
    DMing:

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

Aiden

Aiden's lips twitch a little at Nathaniel's slip, clearly the halfling is used to being in command. Aiden is a little curious about that, he certainly has a masterful air, and Aiden would like to talk to him, ask him about what it's like. But before he does that, he wants to visit the church (or was it a temple?) of Pelor Willie had mentioned. And since dinner won't be ready for an hour...

"Food will be welcome," he smiles. "But as you say it won't be ready for some time, I think I will visit the church of Pelor first." He turns, somewhat hesitantly to his new companions. "Would anyone care to accompany me?"

10. - Top - End - #130

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Felhammer View Post
    NATHANIEL

The warmage nods curtly to the innkeeper, "I am Nathaniel Shepard and these," he motions to his new friends, "Are my companions. We will only require a single room, perhaps an extra cot to accommodate all of us. A nice haunch of pork would do me well after my long journey. Pray tell, Master Billy, how would one ensure my companions and I get the finest cut of the pig? Our bellies are laughably empty and I only request the best for those under my comman... Or rather, my friends." After a moment or two, Nathaniel plucks five silver pieces from his coin purse and quietly slides them over to Billy. With a wink and a smile he says, "The finest cuts. I expect nothing less than the best."
    "Very well little master, always a pleasure to accomidate the travelin folk, if one room ye need, it may be cramped but I aspect is still better than te side o te road. And as to te pork, me wifes cookin is so good I could give ye a hoof an yed ask fer seconds! But te best ye asked, and te best you'll get sir. Good I perhaps offer you a nice Dwarven stout while yer waitin? on a few coppers a pint sir."

Nathaniel notices a group of halflings in a corner that are staring at him. Seemingly suprised at seeing you.
    Last edited by Centaur Hero; 2014-04-19 at 08:46 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Halfling in the Playground

Mirielye

After what happened with her last suggestion, to investigate Willie's uncle's inn, Miri was kind of glad that Nathaniel sort of took over. "Sometimes I don't know why I bother opening my mouth," she thought to herself and sighed. Glad to be in an inn that didn't seem dangerous or strange, and also very accommodating was nice. As the Innkeeper's son was shoving around tables and chairs to make a place big enough to seat the whole party, Miri could feel his gaze linger on her. "It's probably the pointy ears... though Niomi is an elf too... oh well," she thinks to herself, shrugging it off.

After Nathaniel ensures that their meal will be the best they can get, Miri hesitantly decides to open her mouth again, hoping for less disastrous consequences this time. "Guys... I'm sorry I pushed the issue at the other inn. It didn't really get us anywhere. I just thought there was something odd about the whole thing." "I still think so," she adds silently, not wanting to press her luck.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

NATHANIEL

The Halfling nods at Billy, "Excellent. We shall return later for the meal and our room. Until then, a pint for myself and each of my companions." The halfling is, however, distracted by the group of halflings sitting nearby. The warmage considers his options for a moment before taking decisive action - he straightens his armor, wanders over and introduces himself. "Greetings, I am Nathaniel Shepherd."
    DMing:

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

Aiden

Aiden rests a hand lightly on Miri's shoulder, squeezing gently.

"No one got hurt," he said,"that's the main thing. I should be back in time for the meal, but if not, please start without me" he adds, tugging on his tunic sleeves before heading out to find the church of Pelor.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marcus

Marcus nods at Aiden when he leaves "See you later." and then turns to Mirielye. "I thought you pushing the issue was what allowed you all to leave the inn safe. Don't be afraid to be inquisitive."

Marcus looks arround. He doesn't want to wait more than an hour in that place. Whatching the time go by, drinking and chit chatting.
    "In fact Miri, why don't we use that skill of yours to see if we can find out what's the deal with the other Full Moon inn here? I'm sure, being this close, they could tell us some stories." he sais to Mirielye. "And I have a feeling Billy would be happy to talk to you."

Marcus sits at their table, waiting for Mirielye to do the same, and anyone else willing to, before calling Billy. "Say Billy, your father said it will be at least an hour until we can eat, and you don't seem very busy. Care to join us and share some tales of the road? We would like to hear your tavern stories too!"

15. - Top - End - #135

MindFlayer

NATHANIEL

The Halfling nods at Billy, "Excellent. We shall return later for the meal and our room. Until then, a pint for myself and each of my companions." The halfling is, however, distracted by the group of halflings sitting nearby. The warmage considers his options for a moment before taking decisive action - he straightens his armor, wanders over and introduces himself. "Greetings, I am Nathaniel Shepherd."
    The halflings appear to be very confused, looking back and forth from you to eachother, you notice they are all dressed in an outdoorsman fashion, with leathers and furs. They also all have scimitars. They are dark of skin and hair. Three of the four of them have dreadlocks, which you have most likely never seen before. The eldest one, whose shaved head caught the light whenever he moved it, says, "I have not heard of clan Shepard, you must not be of the plains clans? Perhaps the great desert to the south?" He takes a chief off of his pipe then continues, "Or are you one of the city kin to the north? Either way, I am Lingir of clan dogpaw. These are my sons." He introduces them to you. Then points to a bowl of figs on the table, "Please, have some fruit and tell us a tale, and if I deem it well enough, I will compensate, with a tale of my own." He grabs a fig, and leans back in his chair with a mug of frothy ale."

Aiden

Aiden rests a hand lightly on Miri's shoulder, squeezing gently.

"No one got hurt," he said,"that's the main thing. I should be back in time for the meal, but if not, please start without me" he adds, tugging on his tunic sleeves before heading out to find the church of Pelor.
    As you walk out the door, and hang a right down the road to the church, you pass the apothacary, and the open market. You see a cluster of wagons with some VERY brightly dressed people around it, some are selling wears, others are cooking or doing day to day chores, they appear to be the only venders who sleep in the market, as you see the only tents set up there are theirs. Some of the young girls are singing and dancing. When you finally make it to the church, you notice that it appears as though most of it is new, like a bunch of additions had been added fairly recently.

On the inside. Candles are lit everywhere, and the windows are open wide to let in the afternoon sun. There are a few farmers in attendence, praying for Pelor to continue granting the sunlight to them. There is a goodly plump priest whose bright smile seems very genuine. His Blonde hair and blue eyes glint in the light, not as tall as most men though powerfully built. He says to you, "Good afternoon my son, welcome to the humble chapel of Pelor, I am Ralston, and this is my assistent Piter", he points to a young lad, going around with wine. Stopping of course to pour a small glass for you and giving you a "Pelor's blessings on you sir." Ralston says, it appears, you took hurt not long ago good sir. Would you like some healing?" After revitalising you he goes on. "Please, grab a candle and make your prayers wherever you wish, and if you need anything just holler, either myself or Piter would be happy to assist." With that, he goes around the church lighting candles and such, while Piter carries his platter around distributing cups, and grabbing old ones. Over in the corner, you see an Orc in shining breastplate armor, and with a large Greataxe on his back, probably pound for pound the most powerful looking creature you have ever seen. He has two humans in his attendence, one is about fourteen years old, and the other, who is very sharply dressed is maybe eight or nine. They stand like cats ready to pounce in a moments notice. "Pelor you great and mighty, you bring me sun which in turn gives us more and the like, and such, I'm still new to this so don't get mad..." You notice he is reading from a piece of paper. "I like the ale and I like the fightin, so thank ee fer..." The younger lad says. "Sir Gronk, mother will not be pleased if you ruin our prayer time with that Orc tongue of yours." Gronk shakes his head and says "I like the fightING, so Thank YOU FOR them." He iritetably finishes, "Come ye little bastard, let's see if these 'Manners' will keep you're sword from clangin to th ground again. Willis, Devin, time to get drunk and fight!" He begins to clamber off and the younger boys shake their heads. "Why correct him? Is it just because your 'Mommy' told you to keep him civil? If so, squires should DO the listening, not the talking."

At Miri and Marcus (And presumebly Niomi)- Billy responds to your request, by checking with his father real quick, then he grabs an ale, and sits. "Mind you, if any fights or the like start, I will have to leave to break it up. Now what would you like to know?" He blushes when he see's Miri, and looks downward. "I havent seen much action before, just when the invaders tried to take the town awhile back, but I was young." He fingers a scar on his left cheek, and seems to suddenly be self concious of it. Not making eye contact with Miri.

16. - Top - End - #136

NinjaGuy

Niomi listens intently, "Go on Shepard, tell him a story." She leans back cross's her legs and picks at the fruit. "I do love some great fruit and a great story." As Niomi smiles.
    [roll] 4d6b3 [/roll]

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

Aiden

Aiden feels himself relaxing the instant he goes inside the church, and not just because the more muted colours are a relief after the assualt-on-the senses that was the marketplace. After accepting the wine from Piter and thanking Ralston profusely (it's not like he's never been injured before, but healing was always provided right away, and he isn't used to spending time as walking wounded), Aiden collects a candle and moves to a quiet corner where he won't be disturbed. He isn't, but he is distracted, both by the massive orc in the corner, and by his worries over what has happened thus far, what he should do next, and what to do (if anything) about the inn. Forcibly putting the former out of his mind, he lights the candle and prays over the latter for a good hour.

Feeling much refreshed, in mind and spirit, if not in body, Aiden winces over his creaking, stiff knees as he rises to his feet. He turns slightly, looking for Ralston. He can't do anything about what has been, shouldn't fret over what might be to come, but he can make a few enquires and see if he can't easy Miri's mind somewhat. They are friends, despite not having known each other that long, and Aiden likes to take care of his friends. And everyone else, truth be told. Finding Ralston, he approaches the man and speaks.

"Excuse me, good sir. I wonder if I might have a moment of your time?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Am I correct in assuming that the 'revitalisation' you mentioned means Aiden can go back to full hit points? Actually, now that I think about it, he's already on full hit points. That potion Willie gave him brought him back up. Never mind.
    Last edited by Lady Moreta; 2014-04-20 at 10:03 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138

MindFlayer

Aiden

Aiden feels himself relaxing the instant he goes inside the church, and not just because the more muted colours are a relief after the assualt-on-the senses that was the marketplace. After accepting the wine from Piter and thanking Ralston profusely (it's not like he's never been injured before, but healing was always provided right away, and he isn't used to spending time as walking wounded), Aiden collects a candle and moves to a quiet corner where he won't be disturbed. He isn't, but he is distracted, both by the massive orc in the corner, and by his worries over what has happened thus far, what he should do next, and what to do (if anything) about the inn. Forcibly putting the former out of his mind, he lights the candle and prays over the latter for a good hour.

Feeling much refreshed, in mind and spirit, if not in body, Aiden winces over his creaking, stiff knees as he rises to his feet. He turns slightly, looking for Ralston. He can't do anything about what has been, shouldn't fret over what might be to come, but he can make a few enquires and see if he can't easy Miri's mind somewhat. They are friends, despite not having known each other that long, and Aiden likes to take care of his friends. And everyone else, truth be told. Finding Ralston, he approaches the man and speaks.

"Excuse me, good sir. I wonder if I might have a moment of your time?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Am I correct in assuming that the 'revitalisation' you mentioned means Aiden can go back to full hit points? Actually, now that I think about it, he's already on full hit points. That potion Willie gave him brought him back up. Never mind.
    "Of course my good man, however I may be of service. Sorry if Sir Gronk disturbed you, his intentions are pure, but it's hard for him to behave properly sometimes. But I think that Bristle would be in the hands of his evil kin if not for his help." He motions for you to take a seat at a nearby table. "Now, what's on your mind lad?"
    Last edited by Centaur Hero; 2014-04-20 at 10:24 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

Aiden

Quote Originally Posted by Centaur Hero View Post
    "Of course my good man, however I may be of service. Sorry if Sir Gronk disturbed you, his intentions are pure, but it's hard for him to behave properly sometimes. But I think that Bristle would be in the hands of his evil kin if not for his help." He motions for you to take a seat at a nearby table. "Now, what's on your mind lad?"
    "I was not bothered at all," Aiden reassures Ralston hastily. Fascinated, maybe, he thinks, but not bothered.

"I was wondering if you knew anything about the Full Moon Inn? A friend of mine is convinced there's something going on and it has her quite worried. I wanted to put her mind at ease."

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's be diplomatic, just in case the priest isn't feeling too keen to talk.
    Diplomacy: (1d20+8)[19]

20. - Top - End - #140

MindFlayer

Aiden

"I was not bothered at all," Aiden reassures Ralston hastily. Fascinated, maybe, he thinks, but not bothered.

"I was wondering if you knew anything about the Full Moon Inn? A friend of mine is convinced there's something going on and it has her quite worried. I wanted to put her mind at ease."

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's be diplomatic, just in case the priest isn't feeling too keen to talk.
    Diplomacy: [roll0]
    The priest gives a chuckle. Well, I wouldn't walk in there with a full coinpurse and expect to leave with it. They are sort of a small time thieves guild like in your Cities up north, only here they are the devil we know, so the local guards sometimes look the other way. The town used to hate them, before the gold rush up north, but now they gain favor with the people by keeping out rival guilds, and keeping the local land barons at bay. A necessary evil some might call them. I personally do not believe in an 'outlaw justice' but some folks do. I believe in the end Lady Allesya will remove them. But for now perhaps, she might need them. Why do you ask? Did you run amiss with them? I would advise you to go to the sleeping giant inn if you need a bed, fine beer and food there as well. Mrs. Druer is the finest cook around in my opinion."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

Aiden

Spoiler
    Show
    "I think we managed to avoid that, thankfully," Aiden says amused. "We didn't run amiss, per se, just... as I said, my friend was concerned and insisted we investigate. They were - extremely prejudiced against outsiders, and one of my colleagues mentioned something about wererats. We have in fact, retired to the Sleeping Giant, but I wanted to be able to reassure my friends that the situation was under control."

Spoiler
    Show
    It just occurred to me to spoiler this, since not everyone is there for this conversation. That way people don't have to read it if they don't want to. Also, Aiden is basically trying to work out if there's anything to the idea that there's something seriously wrong with this inn. He doesn't want to get involved, but he's not quite comfortable just walking away either. And because I personally am a suspicious child, sense motive on Ralston's response.
    Sense Motive: [roll0]
    Blast. I forgot you can't preview posts with dice rolls in them. I'll reroll in the OOC thread.

Last edited by Lady Moreta; 2014-04-20 at 11:12 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142

MindFlayer

At Aiden- "Wererats lad?" Ralston chuckles. "Thieves, and lowlifes yes, but I seriously doubt anything so heinous as a moonworshiping lycanthropes. I think yer friend may need to calm his suspicious nature. Now was there anything else I can help with?"

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

The halflings appear to be very confused, looking back and forth from you to eachother, you notice they are all dressed in an outdoorsman fashion, with leathers and furs. They also all have scimitars. They are dark of skin and hair. Three of the four of them have dreadlocks, which you have most likely never seen before. The eldest one, whose shaved head caught the light whenever he moved it, says, "I have not heard of clan Shepard, you must not be of the plains clans? Perhaps the great desert to the south?" He takes a chief off of his pipe then continues, "Or are you one of the city kin to the north? Either way, I am Lingir of clan dogpaw. These are my sons." He introduces them to you. Then points to a bowl of figs on the table, "Please, have some fruit and tell us a tale, and if I deem it well enough, I will compensate, with a tale of my own." He grabs a fig, and leans back in his chair with a mug of frothy ale."
    NATHANIEL

"Well met, Lingir of clan dogpaw and sons. I am of our kin that live to the north. My family has never possessed a clan name, or at least none that I am aware. Sadly, I did not know my parents very well, for I was plucked out of the poverty-stricken hovel I was born into and uplifted to the hallowed halls of Castle Coldridge. I trained as a mercenary soldier for nearly my entire life. My family was the army, not my biological kin. I was an excellent soldier and saw much combat, even being promoted up through the ranks to a position of prominence and leadership. I was loved by those under me and feared by my enemies. What else could a soldier want?"
    Nathaniel trails off for a time as he collects his thoughts, "However, after a poorly executed battle against the orcish hordes of the equally dreaded and devious Shaman Gro'Grandurra, I was condemned to a life of banishment. I wandered for months in the countryside before shaping up and dedicating my life to protecting those who need it. I may not be affiliated with Castle Coldridge any longer but what they taught me - self reliance, dedication, valor, honor, tactics - will stay with me for the rest of my life." Although he tries to put on a stalwart face, the memories of his banishment do show, but only for mere heartbeats. He once more buries such emotions deep down in his soul.

Spoiler: Note
    Show
    Nathaniel acts in accordance to the way he was taught, which is entirely human in origin (since Humans were the prominent race at the Castle). His mannerisms and accent are most likely noticeably un-halfling-like to other Halflings (although that may not be readily apparent to those that are not Halflings).
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2014-04-20 at 11:29 PM.
    DMing:

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

Aiden

Aiden chuckles. "I'll be sure to let her know," he says, feeling more confused and conflicted now than he did before. Niomi had sounded fairly certain that there were wererats in the inn, and she had no real reason to lie about it that he could see. "That is all I wanted to know. I should get back to the others, dinner is waiting." He bows politely, then retreats back to the Sleepy Giant.

Spoiler
    Show

What exactly is known about lycanthropy? I'm wondering if Aiden (or anyone else for that matter) would pick up on the name of the inn as a clue (I noticed, but I have ranks in Knowledge: Metagame.)

Additionally, Aiden spent a good hour in the church, so I'll hold off posting further til the time in the Sleepy Giant has caught up
    Last edited by Lady Moreta; 2014-04-20 at 11:37 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145

MindFlayer

NATHANIEL

"Well met, Lingir of clan dogpaw and sons. I am of our kin that live to the north. My family has never possessed a clan name, or at least none that I am aware. Sadly, I did not know my parents very well, for I was plucked out of the poverty-stricken hovel I was born into and uplifted to the hallowed halls of Castle Coldridge. I trained as a mercenary soldier for nearly my entire life. My family was the army, not my biological kin. I was an excellent soldier and saw much combat, even being promoted up through the ranks to a position of prominence and leadership. I was loved by those under me and feared by my enemies. What else could a soldier want?"
    Nathaniel trails off for a time as he collects his thoughts, "However, after a poorly executed battle against the orcish hordes of the equally dreaded and devious Shaman Gro'Grandurra, I was condemned to a life of banishment. I wandered for months in the countryside before shaping up and dedicating my life to protecting those who need it. I may not be affiliated with Castle Coldridge any longer but what they taught me - self reliance, dedication, valor, honor, tactics - will stay with me for the rest of my life." Although he tries to put on a stalwart face, the memories of his banishment do show, but only for mere heartbeats. He once more buries such emotions deep down in his soul.

Spoiler: Note
    Show
    Nathaniel acts in accordance to the way he was taught, which is entirely human in origin (since Humans were the prominent race at the Castle). His mannerisms and accent are most likely noticeably un-halfling-like to other Halflings (although that may not be readily apparent to those that are not Halflings).
    The four halflings are listening intently to the story, they shake their head when they hear of your banishment. But nod when you mention that you still hold on to the values that you hold dear. Lingir refills his pipe, and lights it anew before he says anything. "When I was just a lad, barely out of my mothers bed of flowers, The dogpaws were in a state of unrest, it had been prophisized that a great evil would come to the lands of my people, and only the mightiest among us may redeem the sins of our people. You see, before I was born there was peace between our tribe and the prosperous goblin tribe called the 'yellow fin' whose success with with fishing was well known throughout the lands. But there was a chief who thought it wise to rob these creatures of their spoils, robbery is a great sin to our people here, among all the Halfling clans. Many warriors died in the attempted robbery, and we were driven back, mainly because the 'lapping tongue' Halflings held their bargin with the Yellow fins, and helped fight us off. So you see, not only did we try to steal, but our shame was know among the other tribes. Eventually the current chief and shaman were exiled to help recover honor, but our people still fell to sickness and famine, it was thus how a foul creature wandered from the swamps and fell upon our people. We had few warriors, and still fewer wardogs, since we had to sell them for grain, to a local farmer, who since bred them into the great dogs that are here in the kennels today. So it was under the poorest conditions possible that I saw the great blackness fall upon our people. The creature swooped in with hardly any warning, for we had no scouts, and immidiately laid waste and panic everywhere it went, it's claws rent, it's tail stabbed, it's teeth gnawed, and his very breath disintigrated anything in it's way." He pulls the sleeve of his arm back and shows a scar where the flesh had been burned to the bone on his left forearm. "It was then that our redemption was at hand, a young boy, who had not earned his first lance, nor earned his dog through combat as was proper. Still, the boy climbed his father's horse, which had not been ridden for years, and was concidered feral by most people. He grabbed a lance, and drove it through the beasts wing, and into the side of the fell beast, who let loose a barrage of his acid breath. After the torrent of acid was done, the beast ran, because he could no longer fly, and ran into the swamp. The boy, though grievously wounded, followed on his fierce mount, not knowing if any warriors followed, indeed he did not care. He followed the beast to it's lair and killed it just inside, his sword melted as it beheaded the creature." Lingir's son pulls a melted scimitar pummel from a pack. "He then saw the thing that dreaded him most, his father, and the old clan shaman. Without words, the lad fell upon them with only his knife, and his shield arm lay limp at his side from the acid. He killed the traitor's who had sold out there own people yet again, and when the warriors from the tribe arrived they announced that the chiefless tribe was chiefless no more, and they called the name of their new leader!" Lingir almost yells as he finished. The boys stand up and yell, "Hail chief Lingir, protector of the dogpaws!" And they pull out a cloak of black dragon scales and place it on his shoulders. "I extend welcome to you shephard, you may share our fires and water any time you wish. Someday your pain will be over, and your shame, and you will be redeemed in the eyes of your forefathers." With that he sits and eats some figs. A satisfied look on his face.

26. - Top - End - #146

NinjaGuy

The four halflings are listening intently to the story, they shake their head when they hear of your banishment. But nod when you mention that you still hold on to the values that you hold dear. Lingir refills his pipe, and lights it anew before he says anything. "When I was just a lad, barely out of my mothers bed of flowers, The dogpaws were in a state of unrest, it had been prophisized that a great evil would come to the lands of my people, and only the mightiest among us may redeem the sins of our people. You see, before I was born there was peace between our tribe and the prosperous goblin tribe called the 'yellow fin' whose success with with fishing was well known throughout the lands. But there was a chief who thought it wise to rob these creatures of their spoils, robbery is a great sin to our people here, among all the Halfling clans. Many warriors died in the attempted robbery, and we were driven back, mainly because the 'lapping tongue' Halflings held their bargin with the Yellow fins, and helped fight us off. So you see, not only did we try to steal, but our shame was know among the other tribes. Eventually the current chief and shaman were exiled to help recover honor, but our people still fell to sickness and famine, it was thus how a foul creature wandered from the swamps and fell upon our people. We had few warriors, and still fewer wardogs, since we had to sell them for grain, to a local farmer, who since bred them into the great dogs that are here in the kennels today. So it was under the poorest conditions possible that I saw the great blackness fall upon our people. The creature swooped in with hardly any warning, for we had no scouts, and immidiately laid waste and panic everywhere it went, it's claws rent, it's tail stabbed, it's teeth gnawed, and his very breath disintigrated anything in it's way." He pulls the sleeve of his arm back and shows a scar where the flesh had been burned to the bone on his left forearm. "It was then that our redemption was at hand, a young boy, who had not earned his first lance, nor earned his dog through combat as was proper. Still, the boy climbed his father's horse, which had not been ridden for years, and was concidered feral by most people. He grabbed a lance, and drove it through the beasts wing, and into the side of the fell beast, who let loose a barrage of his acid breath. After the torrent of acid was done, the beast ran, because he could no longer fly, and ran into the swamp. The boy, though grievously wounded, followed on his fierce mount, not knowing if any warriors followed, indeed he did not care. He followed the beast to it's lair and killed it just inside, his sword melted as it beheaded the creature." Lingir's son pulls a melted scimitar pummel from a pack. "He then saw the thing that dreaded him most, his father, and the old clan shaman. Without words, the lad fell upon them with only his knife, and his shield arm lay limp at his side from the acid. He killed the traitor's who had sold out there own people yet again, and when the warriors from the tribe arrived they announced that the chiefless tribe was chiefless no more, and they called the name of their new leader!" Lingir almost yells as he finished. The boys stand up and yell, "Hail chief Lingir, protector of the dogpaws!" And they pull out a cloak of black dragon scales and place it on his shoulders. "I extend welcome to you shephard, you may share our fires and water any time you wish. Someday your pain will be over, and your shame, and you will be redeemed in the eyes of your forefathers." With that he sits and eats some figs. A satisfied look on his face.
    Niomi listens and watches as his story goes on her face's emotion goes with the emotion of the story and says "Chief Lingir, what an honor!" Then Niomi looks over to Shepard, This is what I would want to be remembered for, but I will never be able to do what the did. Your people are amazing people.
    [roll] 4d6b3 [/roll]

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

NATHANIEL

The old soldier in Nathaniel hangs on every word. His tension rises and falls with the story. The warmage tries to maintain a cool demeanor but the excitement and suspense subtly break through his rock-hard facade. When the halfling finishes his tail, Nathaniel cannot help but whisper, Hail chief Lingir, protector of the dogpaws, indeed! After a fashion, Nathaniel states, "Your generosity knows no bounds, Chief. My companions have business in the town. Being a soldier, I must accompany them (if only to save them from poorly haggled deals). We shall meet again Chief Lingir, of that you can be assured. Perhaps next time, my own story will be half as equal to your own." With that said, the warmage gives a slight bow, turns around and walks outside to the comparatively busy street. "What excitement!" thinks the halfling, "I had no idea our southern kin were so adventurous. Perhaps one day I will join them in battle. It would do me well to be around kindred souls for a change..."

Looking over to Naomi (assuming she walks outside as well), "We should see if we can find our new friends. Also..." He grows silent for a moment before hesitantly saying, "I think I am in the mood for some fruit. We should see if there is a vendor along the way.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2014-04-22 at 03:10 AM.
    DMing:

28. - Top - End - #148

NinjaGuy

Looking over to Naomi (assuming she walks outside as well), "We should see if we can find our new friends. Also..." He grows silent for a moment before hesitantly saying, "I think I am in the mood for some fruit. We should see if there is a vendor along the way.
    Niomi

Niomi walks out with Shepard and nods her head to him, "Indeed, fruit sounds good right about now."
    [roll] 4d6b3 [/roll]

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

NATHANIEL

As Naomi and Nathaniel walk about Bristle, he asks, "Now that you have heard my tale, I would be interested in hearing your own. From where do you hail, Naomi?"
    DMing:

30. - Top - End - #150

NinjaGuy

NATHANIEL

As Naomi and Nathaniel walk about Bristle, he asks, "Now that you have heard my tale, I would be interested in hearing your own. From where do you hail, Naomi?"
    Niomi

Niomi smiles and looks at the shepard, "I am the daughter of the Shengee family, my parents are the elders of our trib or clan whatever you would like to call it. We live in the Moon Lit Forest , home to the Moon Elves and creatures that worship the Moon goddess. I was always the adventurous one out of our clan, and the center of the forest is home to the lycanthropes of the forest. The Moon Elves and Lycanthropes have boundaries in the forest. the center of the forest is there where the great Moon Tree sits and watches over everything in the forest and protects us from evil while in the forest. The elves were not allowed to go into their part of the forest only the Elders May enter, when called upon, I however went to go see what was in there and they didn't like that too much, and ran and chased after me with such ferocity, I have been saved by this bright beam that came from the tree and a female appeared and said "I m too young to understand the laws of the forest yet." I was banished from that part of the forest as part of my punishment, never able to set foot in the center of the forest again and if I did without permission well I'm sure you know what the penalty is. And ever since then I have been taking jobs from people from my clan and to other people in different cities to try to get my name known and well here I am. I would like to go and see the center of the forest some day but it is not my place to go and see. Niomi gets the look of fear in her eye when she talks about the lycanthropes and then when she speaks of the jobs it turns into happiness. "That Shepard, is all I have on my story. I did not do much like your kin back there, but I'm alive and still kickin.
    [roll] 4d6b3 [/roll]