New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Rogue Trader: Koronus Unbound IC

Valens simply waits, unable to entirely relax. It was bad enough to be imprisoned, but to reveal his inner thoughts and fears to a stranger? To have them pawed through like a stake of papers, perused like holo-picts? Worst of all, he and all the rest of his captors would learn why he left Battlefleet, what he was running from.

And you have a choice in the matter?

Sighing heavily, the ex-cadet tried to steel himself. It wouldn't be too long now.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: The Huddle
    Show
    "if we cannot trust them, and I cannot read them, then we must find another way to ascertain their loyalty. Your worry is commendable, and I will accede to your wishes in this." Yet Marcus is not calm. The Lady-Captain was right to worry, but it was Marcus' job to see that none who threatened the Verata were allowed to board.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

3. - Top - End - #813
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Chelsea rubbed her forehead and alternated between looking at Sutekh and looking at Marcus. "Suggestions? I'm content to leave them rotting in the brig until the end of days... but I'd like to know, given our recent prisoners, just what the connection is. Sutekh, can you scan Valens and check for any-- but if it's Warp-based, who knows? Ugh." She snapped her fingers. "Bring Astra here. Have her read their minds. Done. Buffer between you and the prisoners, she proves herself useful once again, my mind is assuaged. Sutekh, put your best men on scanning the prisoners. If someone misses something because you wanted to attend the business meeting, their failures are on your head. Understand?"

4. - Top - End - #814
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Sutekh seemed torn.

"We must perform the scans now?" he said. "Perhaps it would be best if I remained behind after all. There are few medicae staff on board ship that I would trust with a really delicate operation... and I'm sure you have more than enough experience of dealing with Xenos species. It was arrogant of me to presume you would need my help." He nodded to himself. "Yes, best if I stay to supervise matters."
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

5. - Top - End - #815
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    "I'm afraid so. If they have any remaining Stryxis technology inside of them, I want to know about it immediately. I imagine you would, too. I'm not positive this isn't a trap, so any sort of biological agent that might be on them needs to be determined immediately." She smiled at the two and moved towards the lifts. "Treat them nicely. I'll be back once I'm done buying a horse." She made her way to a hangar to be shuttled off to the Stryxis station.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

"Lady-Captain Verata! A word, please?" His voice holds every evidence of desperation, and the man gestured towards his captor to come closer (at least close enough to speak without shouting).

Spoiler: Plea! (If She Approaches)
    Show
    "There are countless other prisoners being held in the main Stryxis station. We were forced to leave them behind; our shuttle was the only one void-worthy in the hangar, and there wasn't enough time to search for other. I don't know what the bulk of your negotiations are, and I wouldn't dare to instruct you as to your commerce, but please...if you able to somehow secure their release, I would be extremely grateful." Valens seems all the more guilty as he reveals their failure to assist the other captives. "I have some knowledge of xenos species--if I can be of any assistance, you need only ask."

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

"An acceptable solution." Marcus says. It was not his place to shelter Astra from her duty, and if he was willing to take the risk himself, he was willing to allow her to make the same choice.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

8. - Top - End - #818
    Troll in the Playground

The Lady-Commodore returned to listen to Valens. "I understand your thoughts. I may be able to secure their release, but it seems doubtful. And there's hardly a profit to be seen in their being secured, is there? But we'll see. Thank you for letting me know."

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    "The Navigatrix has already refused to submit to psychic examination," said Sutekh. He looked across to Marcus. "Mr Caius, why don't you and... Miss Astra see to the others, while I process her?"
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X