New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: How to complain without being a d bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Terazul View Post
    I dunno, I typically think the exact opposite; If something didn't work the first two times, why in Asmodeus's name would you try it a third?
    Because you're apparently stupid enough to try it again after it failed once? Actually, we don't know if the dragon changed tactics between the other two fights, but it's also clear that the DM gave the party tools to fight the dragon with the implication that, you know, they might be useful.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Airk View Post
    Because you're apparently stupid enough to try it again after it failed once? Actually, we don't know if the dragon changed tactics between the other two fights, but it's also clear that the DM gave the party tools to fight the dragon with the implication that, you know, they might be useful.
    It's entirely plausible the dragon lost the tooth and nail fight the first time, went "hey, maybe that was a fluke", and then the second time went "ok yeah, that's not going to work". It isn't that farfetched. I mean it's obvious that, for whatever reason, they didn't kill it the first or second time they faced it.

As far as equipment goes, yeah, he did. I imagine the fire resistance helped for a round or two. As I edited into my previous post, it's entirely possible the DM had something intended to ground the thing and the players never caught wind of it, or he simply didn't expect it to overpower them that much. In either case, I don't think either party is wrong for how they are reacting (for all the information we currently have). The DM was playing a monster to its strengths, and the party (or OP at the very least) had a certain expectation for the fight that went unfulfilled. It's really just one of those things where they just need to sit down and talk about their expectations for the game and find a happy medium, rather than getting upset for playing wrong, or whatever.
    Last edited by Terazul; 2014-04-09 at 11:45 AM.
    Awesome Mordekaiser Pony courtesy of Squeejee!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Defiled Cross View Post
    Did your Mom call the Coach when you got cut from the football team?

I don't think smilies somehow magically makes insults okay, nor is this the place or discussion for that kind of joke (if it was a joke which just seems like a underhanded excuse of making an insult).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    Blue text for sarcasm is an important writing tool. Everybody should use it when they are saying something clearly false.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff: Thread locked for review.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex