Quote Originally Posted by jere7my View Post
I think a story cannot exist without the author making choices. The existence of choices implies the existence of valid alternatives. The existence of valid alternatives implies that another author might choose them. No story is objective—not even the dinnertime story of what you did at work that day.
"Existence of valid alternatives" does not imply unobjectivity. It implies all valid alternatives are objective. It also implies there are invalid alternatives.

Congratulations, you've finally admitted some stories, and hence some simulations, can be more objective than others. Which incidentally means simulations that omit parts of a story can and do have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerMug Paladin
I'm not sure why you use the word simulation. When I think of simulations, I usually think of something fairly concrete and numbers-driven. I don't think of hypothetical language-driven universes which operate by general consensus. Unless you're referring to the fact that in most versus matchups, one purposefully avoids tropes associated with characters like plot armor and generally treat them as real as possible with limits normal for people of their respective sources.

You ought to look up what simulation means.
Being number or consensus driven isn't a requisite, those are just traits of simulation aiming to be accurate, because those happen to the best means to achieve accuracy.

And hypothetical universes do infact operate by general consensus, because language does.