New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Searching Change

There's probably some really easy solution to this or I'm just missing something, but anyway...
    It used to be (I'm pretty sure) that when you searched for a word, the result would be in the form of specific posts, and you'd click on the link and it'd take you to the specific post where that word came up. Now it seems to only turn up in the form of threads, and clicking on it just takes you to the general thread with words highlighted. If you're looking for one specific post in the middle of a very long thread, that makes the search function not particularly useful. Has it changed, or am I just doing it wrong?

(aside: oooo, posts autosave now! Snazzy!)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Searching Change

If you go to advanced search, there should be an option for "Show results as" with the options being Threads or Posts. I can't think of anything else that'd help, though it's possible someone more knowledgeable will have an idea.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Aha! I didn't notice that second tab. Trying it out now. Thanks

4. - Top - End - #4
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

No, it always provided thread results, unless you went to Advanced Search and selected "Show results as: Posts" (default: as threads). However, now it can also search things other than posts, so you have to go to the Search Single Content Type tab and search posts (the default) to be able to select it.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak