New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: The Rakko Region (PTU) IC

"Yes i did Professor...besides gym battling are there any other options for trainers?"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Professor Mulberry adjusts her spectacles before answering.

"Well if you mean other options in battles there are plenty of other trainers out there who would like to test their pokemon strengths against new opponents. Some towns like to hold their own competitions with rules that differ from the league and plenty of other competitions that can push your pokemon to their limit." She ponders for a moment before continuing.

"Outside of of the league the contests are the next big thing for trainers. The first Regional competition for the Rakko will be held later this year so everyone interested is trying to grab a spot. You could also go exploring, I'm sure there are plenty of hidden mysteries that you could find wandering off the beaten path."

"Professor Noidek in North crown could probably tell you more on that. I believe he has a few ruins that he hasn't had the chance to explore yet, since he has to run a museum and a gym after all. Oh and speaking of that, most of the gym leaders are not always about battling, I'm sure if you wished to see how far you've come as a trainer without fighting they could arrange something. Many of them have their own hobbies and careers that they focus on, and could probably point you in the right direction if battles were not your only interest. Course if none of that intrigues you, there's always becoming a researcher." Mulberry grins as she gives a little twirl, before realizing how long she's been talking.

"Oh I rambled on again, I hope some of what I said actually answered your question Jack."

3. - Top - End - #93

RedWizardGuy

"Thank you Professor ..that answered all my questions.Let me go outside and join the others." Jack turns to the door and pulls out a pokeball and out comes a Machop."Hey Achilles lets go train outside after he heals I'll introduce you to our new friend his names Thorn."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Angriff Stahl, Type Ace (Steel)/Steelheart

After training his Panzer with Jack and Kay, Angriff goes inside to pokemon center he will find something to eat and will tinker with his pokedex to pass the time, he will see if he find any information on what kind (species) of pokemon he can find on the road they will travel next.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Edu. Technology Roll (3d6)[13]
    Last edited by Azktor; 2014-04-25 at 01:53 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95

RedWizardGuy

After training with Achilles for an hour or so, Jack and Achilles enter the pokecenter and approach everyone else and ask."Do we have any idea as to what we might possibly find between here and Crazer City?"

6. - Top - End - #96

BlackDragon

(during the training period)
    Micheal sat comfortably in the pokemon center's waiting room as the others trained. The tv was on a rotation between region wide news, pokemon league information, and just general pokemon tv. Some notables:
    Spoiler: Micheal and the Tv
    Show

Picketing at the New Hekel factory continues, suspicions of the factory leaking poisons into the surrounding environment.

Coverage of the brand new research lab in Starview. Showcasing the exterior and some of the labs, talking with some of the researchers there.

A brief interview with the gym leader of Northcrown, Professor Noidek. He discusses briefly some of the natural advantages and disadvantages of his preferred type: rock. Standing alongside him is some kinda dinosaur looking mon that he explains is a "cranidos".

Commercial for some specialty pokemon balls of varying types. Available now at most pokemon centers in select quantities

Elite four member Max Galland showing off in front of a contest hall. Smoozing with the ladies and signing autographs. The reporters attempts to interview him but it ends up turning into Max asking her out.

Somewhere around the third or fourth ad for some trainer accessories (wrist straps, hats, sportswear etc etc) the others return from their training.

Spoiler: Angriff's fiddling with the pokedex
    Show

It takes a moment to figure out how to get it to display what you want, but you think you figured it out. The dex reads:
    Most common sightings along route between Morwin village and Crazer city:
    rattata
    pidgey
    spearow
    mankey
    sentret

uncommon sightings:
    ekans
    sandshrew
    drilbur
    murkrow

reportedly seen but unconfirmed:
    eevee
    ralts

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Angriff was happy to see that the years playing video-games (and sometimes tinkering with the consoles/computer) and helping his father out on the workshop was paying off, he was able to find what he need in the Pokedex easily. His eye shone when he read "Drilbur", his mother have a Excradrill - the evolved form of the Drilbur - that she used with mastery on her gym's challenges, and it was one of Angriff's favorites. Besides that the Mankey and the Eevee, even not being a steel types, also aroused some interest in Angriff. He then showed to his companions what he found on the pokedex.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2014-04-26 at 03:23 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Huh, there are quite a few bird pokemon along the way there, might try and catch one." Kay then brings out his pokedex and fiddles with it, looking at whatever various functions it has.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

Micheal had fixed a Persim Berry in his portable grower when everyone came in. He stood up and said "So you guys ready to go? I would like to get this trip started...".
    Last edited by NATEINCAPS; 2014-04-26 at 05:09 PM.
    See you in the country.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

"I'm ready when all of you are." Kay then flips his pokedex closed and shoves it into a pocket.

11. - Top - End - #101

BlackDragon

Mons healed and training complete, Micheal, Kay, Jack and Angriff head east for Crazer city for a gym and adventure. Leaving the small trail that leads to the village you hit a larger dirt road it's easy going for most of the morning, the road handles cars and trucks easily so a few trainers is not a problem. Until...

Spoiler: encounter roll
    Show

(1d100)[59]

about noon when you approach what appears to be a former campsite from some previous trainers in the distance (about 8m out). Trash and other debris can be seen, being scattered around by the wind and what looks like a few pokemon rummaging in the garbage for food.
    Last edited by Talon15; 2014-04-26 at 06:57 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

RedWizardGuy

Jack pulls out his pokedex to look up any information on the present pokemon.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Angriff gives 2 steps towards the mons, just to place himself as an obstacle betwen the unknow pokemons and his companions"I can take a hit or two after all..." he thinks. Then Angriff repeats what Kay just did and points his pokedex to the pokemons.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2014-04-28 at 11:24 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Kay follow's suite and pulls out his pokedex, scanning the pokemon.

15. - Top - End - #105

BlackDragon

As pokedexes are pointed theirs an audible *beep* as the mons are registered.

A second later a female voice says "Rattata". As well as a brief display of relevant data (i.e. pokedex entree).

At the sound of the beeps the four rattata look up from their meal, curious but not immediately hostile.

Spoiler: initaitive
    Show

Nate you still have a chance to scan or perform any other actions since I gave the others one. After that we'll be running on initiative.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

Micheal walked towards the mons, in front of Angriff, in a very casual manner as to not provoke the mons. "Hey there little guys," he said in a very soft voice "getting some grub I see, awesome.".

Spoiler: Rolling for the hell of it
    Show
    Roll to improve disposition of the Rattata, using charm.
    (2d6+1)[5]
    See you in the country.

17. - Top - End - #107

BlackDragon

They don't seem to mind Micheal but don't appear any friendlier. One of the rattata keeps an eye on you while the others continue routing through the campsite.

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

micheal 10
    kay 8
    jack 7
    rattata 1-4
    angriff

so.. it's your turn again micheal. A flat charm roll won't work again, but if you want to continue trying to improve their disposition food or some other token of friendship might work.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Hey, I know what you need," Micheal said as he started to rummage through his backpack, pulling out his other Persim berry after a little effort. "You must be hungry, digging through he trash and all, so this should be an an amazing meal for you. These taste like..." Micheal began to recall the bland taste Persim berries had."Well, food's food after all, dig in". After he finished Micheal leaned down and put the berry on the ground, setting it in the view of the mon that was looking at him.
    See you in the country.

19. - Top - End - #109

BlackDragon

The Rattata watching you Micheal seems intrigued, sniffing at the air. He glances back at the others and back at the treat. Shuffling his feet he seems torn between investigating and staying on guard.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Kay continues to watch, not wanting to disrupt what Michael is trying to do.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Don't be shy little dude, I'm not here to hurt yeah or anything, here" Micheal said as he garbed the Persim berry lightly tossed it over to the Rattata, trying his best not to startle the mon.
    See you in the country.

22. - Top - End - #112

RedWizardGuy

Jack will place a hand on his pokeball...and watches the ratata for any sudden movements...he really wants Michael to succeed.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Angriff just wait to see what will happen, just observing Michael and the Rattatas. But ready to step up if anything goes bad.

24. - Top - End - #114

BlackDragon

The rattata sniffs carefully at the snack before grabbing it and chewing thoughtfully. At this point the other three have noticed their compatriots behavior and are also moving closer to investigate. They're fidgety but the prospect of food is driving them closer.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ok, if you want, little dudes, I can give you another one," Micheal said as he pulled out another berry, "But if I give this too you, I need to know that you'll let us through. Ok purple dudes?"
    See you in the country.

26. - Top - End - #116

BlackDragon

The four rattata seem to chatter amongst themselves to discuss the proposal. Food for safe passage? Sounds legit.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Angriff looks to Michael and says "Good job, man!", then after passing the Rattatas he start looking at the pokedex one more time, to look for information on Dribuls, maybe a way to find them. He than says to no one in particular "I want to see if I can catch a dribul, it is one of my favorites...while we do that we could search another pokemons as well, if any of you guys want..." Angriff repass the list of pokemons of the area to the others.

Spoiler
    Show
    Technology Roll on the Pokedex to look "how to find a drilbur" or "drilbur habtis" (3d6)[11]
    Last edited by Azktor; 2014-05-01 at 02:01 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

"I'd quite like to try catch a Murkrow, let me see..." Kay then pulls out his pokedex and trys to copy what Angriff is doing.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (3d6)[11] Knowledge Technology roll to look for habitat's or signs of Murkrow. This is assuming we're doing separate rolls btw.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ok little dudes, this one's a little dry but it should be awesome enough. Dig in" Micheal said as he tossed the Rattata his last Chesto Berry. He then turned to the group and said "Well then, I guess we should be headed, I'm going to need to find some new berries to replace the ones these dudes ate".
    See you in the country.

30. - Top - End - #120

RedWizardGuy

Jack puts his pokeball away and pulls out his pokedex. As he passes Micheal, he says "That was cool man." He then follows Angriff and Kay in searching for pokemon. Hopping to catching a Ralts.

Spoiler: Technology roll
    Show
    (2d6+1)[9]