New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default this build seem ok?

Race is Half Giant with feral template. La has been bought off. 9 levels of psy warrior.

Stats after rolls, levels, tomes, and magic items are str 28, Dex 16, Con 20, Int 10, Wis 20, and cha 9 with ac of 30 right now

Flaws are Murky eyed and shaky

Feats are
    Power attack, cleave, improved bull rush, leap attack, improved sunder, shock trooper, great cleave, combat brute, link power.

Idea is use pounce from feral template combined with power attack 6, shock trooper, and combat brute. If math is right with 2 handed weapon I would get dice +13 from str, +18 from power attack and combat brute. Leap attack will double the 18 to 36? so total would be roll plus 49? Will also get a second attack because of pounce.

Plan on using hustle to get a free move action to set up for charge if needed linking it to expansion the first turn. If not needed to set up charge, I can manifest hustle to move back after. This would set me up for 3 attacks of opportunity if opponents have to come to me with reach attacks which would still get the bonus from power attack and combat brute if I moved first.

Going to try to get nerve skitter on an items to make sure I get initiative. Got to work out how much it would be for an at will item. Also plan on getting the valorous weapon enchantment that doubles damage on charge. This would double everything right?

Do I have this worked out right? Also, any suggestions for changes?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: this build seem ok?

i know this seems like i'm telling you off, but you need to seriously make sure that the rest of the party is on board with this so you don't make all combat encounters both A) a cake walk, and B) incredibly boring for everyone else. (With a second glance, it's not as TO as i thought. still though. if anyone else wants to be good in combat, they're going to have to look awfully similar to you to do it.)

but yea, that looks solid. if you got a spiked chain, your great cleave would pay some MAJOR dividends. (cleave on all creatures within 20 ft of you). at the cost of less attacks. so more aoe, less single-target. also, tripping is cool. also, reach is cool for people with readied attacks (pikemen, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by TuggyNE View Post
    That's a RAW abuse. Fortunately, like many RAW abuses, it has its counter built in by way of more stupid RAW: tripping does not, in fact, cause you to fall.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

We are only 3 man group with a rogue and a cleric of pelor who thinks clerics should only be healbots. I have to dominate melee encounters, so this is what I came up with. I hope it works out.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Your close, but your math for Power Attack is off a little. PA with 2hander is x2 so with a neg 6 to hit you get 12 damage, leap attack doubles it but iirc doubling a double gives you triple damage so you would get 18 damage.

So total with pounce you would get 2 attacks on the charge at +9/+3 to hit assuming you don't use shock trooper (dunno why you wouldn't), and deal dice +31 damage twice assuming you hit with both attacks.

Hardly game breaking at level nine, but nice either way, and i also second grabbing a spike chain and using trip, probably dropping combat brute as you are using hustle to set up charges anyways so you don't actually need that feat.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started in a Dwarven church of Pelor, now with a moon!

Also, note to self, sacrificing KFC in a small apartment is not a good idea.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

combat brute makes the power attack x3 before leap right?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Hrm, rereading the feat, it seems that if you manage to charge the target you charged on the first round while Power Attacking in the second round you would get the x3 which would go to x4 if you used Leap Attack. Seems like its legal to me, but you might want to double check with your DM to make sure he agrees with it too just to be sure. But assuming it does, that means that if you can continue to charge the same target you would deal +24 damage each round from PA to bring total damage up to dice +37.

Of course this only works if you charge the SAME target each time, every time you switch targets it rests to x3 and Cleave/Great Cleave attacks don't activate the effect.

Also, be warned, using Shock Trooper without reach and AoO trip's is very hazardous to a charger's health!
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started in a Dwarven church of Pelor, now with a moon!

Also, note to self, sacrificing KFC in a small apartment is not a good idea.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Half giant with large weapon and expansion should give me 10 feat before i involve a reach weapon. Spike chain would increase to 15. That will be my next feat. Psy war gets a bonus at 11.
    Last edited by morkendi; 2014-04-11 at 10:29 PM.