New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Post A Paladin multiclassing into a Platypus

Hello, this is my first post here.

So I am currently a level 2 Warforge Paladin that is interested into taking some Druid powers. I want to focus mostly on the beast form, although I am open to other suggestions. I don't really want to paragon multiclass, and my deity is unimportant because it's homebrew and the DM gave me free control in terms of perks. Stats wise, I have a 16 in Con, a 12 in Int, a 8 in Dex, and 14 in everything else. Any feedback is appreciated.
    Last edited by kaboomleslime; 2014-04-12 at 04:33 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A Paladin multiclassing into a Platypus

Wow...

Start with an 18 in your main stat - in this case, it should be Strength.

Druid powers run on Wisdom, so there's another stat you should keep very high. Focus on implement, not beast form powers, since you'll lose most of the benefits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    The Joker is supposed to be a nightmarish figure, the culmination of all things despicable and horrible about mankind. Of course he's a hipster.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by kaboomleslime View Post
    Hello, this is my first post here.

So I am currently a level 2 Warforge Paladin that is interested into taking some Druid powers. I want to focus mostly on the beast form, although I am open to other suggestions. I don't really want to paragon multiclass, and my deity is unimportant because it's homebrew and the DM gave me free control in terms of perks. Stats wise, I have a 16 in Con, a 12 in Int, a 8 in Dex, and 14 in everything else. Any feedback is appreciated.
    Those stats don't make sense. Ask your DM if you can recreate your character. There's a feat that lets you use another stat for attacks, which you will want to take. Maybe you can take it twice for any beast powers.

Second, you're covering a lot of roles, though there is a kind of defendery druid, so you can gravitate toward that.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mere multiclassing doesn't exactly get you a lot of Druid powers or features. What exactly do you want to gain out of a Paladin/Druid so we can help you accomplish that goal?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Tell us what you want to do. Give us the exact mechanics you want, and why. We will figure out the best way to get it.

Just FYI, wild shaped means no paladin attack powers will work. At all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    The second piece of advice is "don't build a hybrid", but hey, this is Tegu8788's game and he's kinda the High Priest of Hybridization, so you're cool there.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show